1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Ma Chia-Ling (Macharin) / Taiwan Audition

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Kierukiel, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
  2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

well maybe you could check out her solo Heavy Rotation performance

if the video does not show watch the video here

3. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    i've seen it. her japanese makes me want to facepalm, but i can understand, her being new and all.

that being said, solo heavy rotation doesn't look to good >_>

nevermind, i think i found her. she's the one where...her dancing could use some improvement ^_^"

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  4. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Wow, people are being so tough on her. She new to Japanese and new to Japan. She is learning and she will continue to learn. Stop being so hard on her.

5. liakyan

liakyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Twitter:
    idollia
    i agree-- i never got to say it though;;; but chances are she's probably never actually had to speak japanese (idk if she knew japanese before her akb debut and stuff but....yeah) she's definitely trying her best!!!
    and considering she's the only one who passed the taiwan auditions, there's probably so much more we havent seen yet!!!! i see a lot of potential with her, and i'm sure the management did too- otherwise she wouldnt have been picked ;v;
    i think she's worth keeping an eye on

6. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    I personally think that her accent is really cute :^^;:
    I also think it's a big plus that she's working extra hard to adapt to Japan/perfect her Japanese

7. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Yeah, we gotta give her some credit. Sure, she may stick out like a sore thumb in some parts of the stage, but at least she's trying, especially for someone with very little background in Japanese language and/or culture.

Personally, I was worrying about her so much, but everyone kept being friendly to her on stage. That's a good sign to see! :)

8. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    I understand that she's new to Japan and everything, that she's learning and such, but that doesn't discriminate her against the fact that she isn't very good, which is to be expected. I have nothing against her, and in fact i very much want to like her.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

To be honest, like @Raizy said, it doesn't take away the fact that she's still bad. If she auditioned for AKB, she should have learned Japanese before she came to Japan or have some background information. Her being new to Japanese and new to Japan does not excuse her so stop it with all the "she's new" and stuff. I do not intend to start a fight nor do I dislike her but all of those are just excuses for the fact that she still can't catch up

10. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Yeah she isn't that good, after her 3rd theater perf ever. Even worse when you have the 48G members who are all so good at singing & danci... Right, exactly.
    I've seen 2 full LODs with her now, and she's indeed not that sharp compared to others who have been doing this for years. But it really does not matter as she is in the theater, people like her and she's fun on stage. Entire gens debut with 90% of the members being crap after the 3rd theater perf, it's not an excuse, it's normal.

If you're bothered by her level of Japanese, remind yourself that she entered like that, and passed like that. It's not like people said: "Okay you need to be good at this and this, but also be rather good at Japanese." No they held an audition where the base level clearly mattered less and she passed. I can't really see how she can be blamed for that. She tries her best and one of her MCs even made me laugh. So if you want to blame someone, looks more appropriate to me to blame the recruiters for not doing some headhunt for Taiwan's bilingual master idol. I think it's cute to hear, and fun to watch for improvements. I think it makes everything feel more genuine too. But if you don't, please remind yourself about that.

Anyway, I came here to share this cute and well updated twitter account that posts her SNS from TW FB, and other stuff like people talking about her photocards, ect.

Here it is.

One of the recent ones is her talking about her mobame start on the 1st May.
    ChIjjMaU8AAnmf3.jpg

11. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Okay. I clearly am not the right person to comment on the state of new gens, being that i don't actually watch the stages cause i don't know the language, hence i can't exactly enjoy their sense of humour and timing. My judgement is based on a fraction of that one stage posted above which i immediately closed after watching all the way up to her finishing her MC1, and the few odds and bobs videos floating around the internet that contain her in it. I stand by the statement that her Heavy Rotation performance makes me look away. ME, not you.

When they were scouted, i bet you the language was not one of the requirements for application, just a 'burning heart for AKB' or some similar line. Yes, she is working hard to counter this, yes, her japanese bugs the hell out of this guy who doesn't speak the language, yes i think you took us criticising her too seriously, yes i believe she will improve.

I personally expect a new recruit to not stand out too much hence dragging the team down a bit. Instead I hope to see them become part of the team, blending in if you'd like, rather than an individual. Maybe you guys expect something different.

12. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

JiaLing in the short preview of Team B song

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Gah, if i could like your post, I would. :)

Yes, her dancing's not that great right now, but I don't think she's the worst dancer so far in the history of AKB, and it's unlikely she will be in the future as newer and inexperienced girls join AKB. And yeah, the stage LODs are fun to watch because you get to see everyone improve over time, so I'm looking forward to seeing Macharin getting more comfortable performing on stage.

@Raizy As for her Japanese, well...I don't know if this is still the case, but Hillary wasn't that good at speaking Japanese either when she first started. So clearly, Macharin is not the only one who entered AKB without having a decent fluency in Japanese.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  14. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Caps I had laying around from Umetan's BD:

CgZt1boUUAE0cjr.jpg CgZt1biUYAAEWN5.jpg

15. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
  16. Kyouka

Kyouka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okitaaayaka
    It's easy to criticize someone for not learning a language fast enough if you don't actually speak it. Japanese is a very difficult language to learn, and Macharin has to get used to a completely different pronounciation, which makes it even harder. I don't think we know exactly for how long she has wanted to join AKB; she might've dreamed about it for years, but it's equally possible that she only decided to audition in 2015. And there's nothing weird or wrong with that. Do you think there are no members among staple senbatsu that decided to join 48g on a whim?

Actually, I'd argue that it'd be unreasonable for her to focus too much on learning Japanese before she was sure she passed the audition, as it's a huge investment of time, effort and possibly money (if you want to have a professional teacher) and she had her own life outside of trying to become an idol. If we go with this reasoning, she had time to learn since August 2015, and for a few months that were undoubutedly busy and stressful for a teenage girl moving to a different country, she's doing really well. It takes effort, but she can communicate with other members okay, she's participating in lessons, she's doing her job on top of adjusting to her new life.

Perhaps she wasn't ready to debut, which is arguable, but what isn't arguable is that AKB could not afford to put off her debut. Look at the state Team B is in. A stream of graduations, the team so low on members that performances were cancelled because they didn't have enough girls to perform, members from other teams pulling double duty to fill in. They needed Macharin, so they debuted and promoted her fast. It's going to be a trial by fire for her, but it's way, way to early to say she's failing it. She seems to be really happy in AKB. Even though she's not the best performer, she looks like she's having a blast on stage. She's not shy or withdrawn, she's communicating, doing her best to speak in MC. She will be fine.

17. Matsui Hikari

^Maybe you're not connecting between Mandarin and Japanese. Most of the Kanji has similar pronunciation as Mandarin just the slightest difference. I don't know what she is doing this whole time but based on personal experience, I picked up a lot of Japanese (by myself) in just a few months.

18. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    didn't say her Japanese was really bad, just that her pronounciation turned me off. She's learnt a lot of Japanese in a relatively short period of time, and that's something to be proud of.

I cannot comment on the state of AKB Teams, as i do not follow AKB anymore, nor did i ever watch the stages, which if i'm not wrong, is still the lifeblood of AKB. Therefore, i'll need to believe all of your opinions on the stages.

She didn't need fluency to get into AKB, in fact if she DID have fluency, that would be more surprising and would kinda ruin the whole 'i'm from overseas and i'm getting accustomed to Japanese Culture' charm.

• Like Like x 1
  19. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    By the way, do you guys think Machalin will rank in the SSK? AKB has a pretty big Taiwan fanbase, so I'm starting to think that she has a chance

20. Matsui Hikari

Not with someone that has been in AKB for less than a year and millions of other girls competing for a spot with a much bigger fan base. To be honest though, do you really think she can rank especially with the new NGT and still 80 spots?