1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Maeda Atsuko (Acchan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by xyish, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I finally got updated on all the news of Acchan from recent months lol. First of all, I want to say that I'm really happy for her that she is getting so many roles, in dramas and movies, and especially lead roles! when she left her agency back then, I was worried that it would be more difficult for her, but it's the complete opposite. it feels like she's working more than ever XD

I liked her appearance in both music videos of Kawasaki Takaya and the songs are good too, especially the ballad! Acchan looks great, she was so adorable in the happier song where she had orange clothes :3 I also saw the videos about the live comedy "Yumeji Airport", where Acchan appears together with comedians Jaru Jaru, and also Nogizaka46's Seimiya Rei. Acchan said that it's her first time trying something like this. it's kind of like a mix of stage play and drama? the interactions of Acchan and Rei seem to get a lot of attention lol they're cute :3

I can't believe Acchan's love for vinegar made her become ambassador for a vinegar brand (Tamanoi), this is so perfect for her! I remember when she went to that show and talked about her love for vinegar, it received a lot of attention (I think NMB's Nagisa even said she got influenced by Acchan for this). and Haruu also appeared with her in some of the videos! Actually, I've seen them together sometimes on IG, and I always wondered how did both of them become friends, maybe through another member? They seem so close and comfortable with each other o_o it's kinda unexpected and I love it! it's interesting how Acchan is making friends with ex-AKB members even after graduation.

Btw she had a nice look at the Dolce & Gabbana event, I didn't expect to see her in a mini-skirt. (and random but the videos also had the actress Yoshikawa Ai that I really like lately ^^)

I also listened to the radio shows! I'll talk about it soon :3

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

So I listened to the radio show of Chiba Yudai where Acchan was a guest (this is the first part). I actually thought that it would be audio-only but it's a video, it seems like a self-produced radio show on YouTube than a real radio show. it was nice to see them! especially to see Acchan laughing a lot, Chiba Yudai is quite funny lol. They're actually really close! They worked in projects together in the past and Acchan couldn't remember what was the project where they first met, haha. They were both in the movie 'The Mohican Comes Home' in 2016 and in the drama 'Minshu no Teki~Yononaka, Okashikunai Desuka' in 2017. I saw the movie but not the drama >.< it looks like they've been friends since then. I actually thought that he's younger than Acchan, but he's 2 years older XD

They are also both part of a new project together in 2022, which is probably why she did this radio show, though they're not really acting "together" this time, the project is 'Actors Short Film 2' where actors become directors for a short film. There is an english article from the agency of another actor in this project, and it explains the project, you can read here at the part 'What is Actors Short Film" and everything after. Basically they had to make a film that is 25 minutes long, with an original story, they all had the same budget, and they appear in it.

You can watch here a message of Acchan about this project, and here is a video introducing the different films, Acchan appears at the beginning and her movie preview is at the end. Her short film is called 'Rikai Sareru Tairyoku'. Here is the film cover and more pictures:

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

So they talked about this in the radio show, Chiba Yudai is also one of the 5 actors participating in this with his own film. then they did a special corner where they answer the questions of fans, mostly questions about relationships. That's it for the first episode! A second episode was uploaded and it wasn't shared here yet so I'm posting it:

if the video does not show watch the video here

For this episode, they start with a corner where they read story titles that have been suggested by listeners and think of what kind of story they can make with it, and pick a favorite one. This was quite entertaining and they laughed a lot lol. The next corner was for Acchan! it's at 13:20 in the video. Fans sent their support messages or questions to Acchan. Some of them said that they've been fans since 10+ years ago (like me :3). A fan asked if she will get long hair again, that's what I want to ask too :O Acchan said that it's troublesome for her to have long hair, and that she feels like cutting it when it grows. So she prefers to keep short hair. well ;_; I guess I'm used to it now lol, she might get long hair again (extensions) for roles. XD She also talked about her son a lot and imitated him, which was cute, and it seems that Chiba Yudai knows her son, they're really close. She was asked a director that she likes, and she answered Joseph Gordon. then at the end they did a last corner where they just talked about anything.

This was nice and fun to watch! Both of them seem quite similar, they said that they're both very talkative, they get along really well and Chiba Yudai said that he finds Acchan cool haha.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. NSS7

NSS7 Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. NSS7

NSS7 Member

Update

Acchan have matching shoes with her son
    220503 Acchan Instagram (1).jpg

First photo from movie ""Convenience Story".
    220429 cv_story_movie Twitter (1).jpg 220429 cv_story_movie Twitter (2).jpg

Acchan doing Flying Get pose during live comedy "Yumeji Airport".
    220503 nomeets_ Twitter (2)-min.jpg 220503 nomeets_ Twitter (1) (1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Acchan appeared on Monomane Grand Prix ('Impressions Grand Prix') yesterday (May 3rd). You can watch it here:

I recommend watching on Bilibili, because this is only the first video of a playlist, the whole broadcast is much longer.

If you remember the impressionist Kintaro, you will also remember that she always did impressions of Acchan. I remember the first time I saw this was during a Mechaike Special with AKB48 after Acchan's graduation, where Kintaro participated in the "Baka Test" as Acchan. She was at the Monomane Grand Prix as well, and did her impression of Acchan again with a performance of Heavy Rotation and bits of Acchan's famous senbatsu election speech. You can see Acchan's reaction in the little box on the left [hehe]

FR1OE5LUUAAk5jj.jpeg FR1OFVUVUAAvA5p.jpeg

Afterwards, Acchan also gave her stamp of approval for Kintaro's impression after all these years [hehe]

FR1Phh0acAEYyVt.jpeg FR1PiABacAI7W8L.jpeg FR1PjrVakAEPv9m.jpeg FR1PkoMaQAA7jXB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Atsuko Maeda sings and dances in a barefoot miniskirt! The Hulu original "I have a song you want to hear" character video that plays the role of a popular idol impersonator

Earlier preview on previous page.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. NSS7

NSS7 Member

Acchan had a rehearsal for her next theater "Pandora no Kane" which will begin on 6th June 2022.
    220511 Acchan Instagram (1).jpg 220511 Acchan Instagram (2).jpg

She will also appear on several variety show this week.

2022.05.11 - Jikkyō! Sekai Wakuwaku
    2022.05.11 - Pop UP! (Acchan is regular guest every wednesday)
    2022.05.16 - NEP League

• Like Like x 2
  8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Hulu's original "I have a song I want you to listen to", written by novelist Burnshell and starring Ryo Narita, will be released on the 20th in all eight episodes.

Theme song

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Some details about the drama Anata ni Kika Setai Uta ga Arunda (I have a song I want you to hear). This drama starts on 20th May on Hulu, and it will have 8 episodes! Story: "The story begins 10 years ago in a high school classroom when a 27 year old female high school student told her students that "Everyone will definitely be 27 year old in the next 10 years. And I really hope by then you have less regrets than I do." This story will focus on the female teacher and her five students during the 10 years period. How will the students' lives be? Will they turn out to be like what the teacher had predicted?" (Source) - You can find more info about the cast in the source link. Here's the drama cover with Acchan:

001.jpg

Acchan is one of the 5 lead roles, so she is probably one of the 5 students (in the preview, we see her as a high school student then older). it looks like she becomes some kind of "idol" when she's older but she seems sad? I really like this type of drama with realistic stories about life etc. so I'm very excited for this, I'm glad that Acchan is in it! and I love to see her as "idol" again and with long hair, even though it seems to be a serious story (that just makes it better for me).

Interesting info: from what I know, this is the 4th acting project of Acchan where she acts with Narita Ryo o_o The first one was the movie Kurenazume in 2021, then they acted together 3 times again this year in 2022: the drama Touboui F, the movie Convenience Story (will be released in August), and this drama Anata ni Kika Setai Uta ga Arunda. I went to his page to see if they acted together in the past too, and I don't think they did? it's quite interesting that they act together 4 times in a row in such a short period of time lol. and I didn't watch any of these yet, but of course I want to watch them all ^^ I remember seeing their promo events for Kurenazume and Narita Ryo seems nice!

Btw the theme song of this drama is "Aliens" by Kirinji. I know this song, although the version I listen to is the cover by Hata Motohiro. I love this song! They play it in all the previews.

Here's a different upload of the first preview that was posted here back then, I'm posting it since this version has close to 400k views on YouTube, wow. I hope this drama is a success!

Some screenshots from all 3 different previews:

002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg
    010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg 016.jpg 017.jpg

I love how almost all uploads of previews have Acchan as the thumbnail haha. I hope this drama gets subbed. Btw, that first picture with the room full of Acchan photos... They took all of these pictures of her in the role of "idol" for this drama, I really wish that they would release all these photos, they look so good *-* also the 8th screenshot, on the left side where she has the red clothes. This reminds me a lot of her look in one of the AKB documentaries from 2011... she pretty much looks the same as back then!

018.jpg 019.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  10. sarachuu

sarachuu Kenkyuusei

The show seems interesting, I hope it does well! They definitely knew what they were doing casting Acchan in that role, but I hope she enjoyed it too! The vibes I get from her character in the previews hint at a struggle between her ”real” self vs her idol self, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Acchan pulled from her own experiences to make the character more believable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Release event

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I just watched the videos from the release event of the drama Anata ni Kika Setai Uta ga Arunda. So apparently, Acchan's role is not exactly an idol, but an impersonator of an idol. Her character is called Shimada Masami, and the idol that she impersonates is called Yagi Kyoko, and her name as impersonator is Nanagi Kyoko (if I understood well, lol). Acchan was asked about her role, she said that it's been a long time since she wore high heels. and she talked about how she herself was an idol who had an impersonator, Kintaro.

Because of the drama's theme, the actors were all asked if they have any regret of their past, something that they wish they did or didn't do. Acchan said that she wishes that she could have enjoyed junior high school and high school more. Since she was an idol, she was busy. She has a regret from her school graduation ceremony, she was standing at the back (it was alphabetical order) and she saw everyone singing the graduation song and crying, but she didn't even know the lyrics... that's sad ._.

Btw I think Acchan looks really cute in this blue/black dress. and I think her hair is nice here, it's short but it's long enough that she can tie it, it's cute! it's almost at the bob hair length.

Here's the official site of the drama and the part about Acchan's comment:

001.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. NSS7

NSS7 Member

Acchan play both popular idol Kyoko Yagi and impersonator Masami Shimada. Each episodes focus on different characters, Acchan mainly appear in 6th episode, 1st and final episode.

Scene from 1st and final episode
    Anata ni Kika Setai Uta ga Arunda - Episode 1.mp4_snapshot_14.25.750_[2022.05.23_03.08.26].jpg 220525 aku_Hulu Twitter (2)-min.jpg

Acchan on weekly show "POP UP!"
    220525 saorioyamada Instagram (2).jpg 220518 popup_cxofficial Instagram (1).jpg 220511 popup_cxofficial Instagram (1).jpg 220428 popup_cxofficial Instagram (1).jpg

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    She has just acquired a boat license.
    https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/b2fe49f0e99a1ce735dbfcc82f3b977e75f6676f
    Atsuko Maeda, former AKB48 member and actress, appeared at the "Marine Leisure Experience Boarding Event" hosted by the UMI Council at the Wakasu Yacht Training Center in Tokyo on March 26. Atsuko Maeda, a former AKB48 actress, made an appearance at the "Marine Leisure Experience Boarding Event" hosted by the UMI Council.

Her love of fishing led her to obtain a small boat license class 2 last fall. On the day of the event, he was at the wheel of a small boat and laughed, "Actually, I'd like to go boating more often..." He had studied hard for his license last summer. I've been studying hard for my license since last summer. I passed the test the first time," he recalls, "but it was hard to remember words I had never heard before. I wanted to get it the first time and be proud of it," he said proudly.

At first, his goal was to catch a single marlin tuna, but "it seems difficult to do it alone, so I'll make it a goal after we form a team someday," he said with a shy smile. I want to go to the oceans of the world and catch fish that can only be caught there." Beyond his love of fishing, he talked about his dreams as a captain.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like Like x 1
  15. NSS7

NSS7 Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. NSS7

NSS7 Member

Reporter asking her how many times she took boat license test. The way Acchan said "ikkai desu (once)" in soft voice, her smile and hand gesture is too cute.

Acchan also on Hulu Japan Tiktok.
    https://www.tiktok.com/@hulujp/video/7103130068364299522

Acchan recent product endorsement (more photos on her instagram)
    220527 Acchan Instagram (1).jpg 220530 YSLBeautyJP Twitter (1).jpg

17. NSS7

NSS7 Member

She had been really busy lately.

Acchan is shooting for a new project. It is not clear if it is a movie, drama, etc. She is seen along side is actress Toko Miura (Drive My Car and also co-star with Acchan in movie "Dynamite Scandal"). Credit : Friday
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

Stageplay "Pandora no Kane" will begin on 6th June until 28th June.
    220323 Bunkamura_info Twitter.mp4_snapshot_00.10.249_[2022.03.24_09.30.46].jpg

POP UP! 2022.06.01 (beginning next week Acchan will be absent for 3 weeks due to stageplay)
    220601 popup_cxofficial Instagram (1).jpg

She will also appear on tv show "Tokio Kakeru (8th June)" & VS Damashii (9th June).
    220608 TOKIO Kakeru.mp4_snapshot_00.08.760_[2022.06.02_23.00.47].jpg FUOJfCCaAAExxpk.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Press call for the stage "COCOON PRODUCTION 2022 NINAGAWA MEMORIAL" Pandora no Kane "" held at Bunkamura Theater Cocoon in Tokyo on the 5th.

• Like Like x 1
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Event today in Tokyo for the 'Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2022':

According to the article linked below, the five people present (including Acchan) are directors of a short film project "in which five actors produce a short film within 25 minutes under the same conditions such as budget and shooting days, aiming for the Grand Prix: George Lucas Award at SSFF & ASIA". [Google translation]

https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20220607-2361905/

webp (1).jpg webp (2).jpg

EDIT: I've just found a full-length video of the 2.5 hour event with an English language simultaneous spoken translation - the part with the 5 directors including Acchan is at 2:04:40-2:17:15, it starts with clips from the films:

There's a press photocall immediately after that which includes Acchan.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. NSS7

NSS7 Member

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1