1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Maeda Atsuko (Acchan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by xyish, Jun 5, 2007.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    MAiDiGi report

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I watched the drama Shinigami-san from last year! I enjoyed it! it was only 6 episodes, and Acchan appears in every episode, usually for the intro and conclusion, but she also appears at other scenes, and she has a storyline more focused on her for episode 6, the last one. I have to say, I found the first episode a little awkward because it's kind of a unique drama, like the editing, the atmosphere, even the colors (there's like a blue filter) and some scenes have like a bright filter. and the main character Gido (Shinigami) played by Tanaka Kei is very special. so you need some time to get used to the style but it's definitely a good watch! The drama is a criminal serie, it's about a detective (Gido) who is specialized in re-investigations of cases where there was a false accusation. Acchan plays the role of his "errand girl". Her character is quite playful. I'll write longer opinions under spoiler (and it will include spoilers too!).

Like I said, I found that the first episode a bit awkward, also I didn't read the plot before so I didn't know that each episode will have a different partner for Gido. I thought that his partner in the first episode didn't really have a good chemistry with him, like it wasn't good enough to go on for 6 episodes. but it turns out that it was just for one episode, in that case it's not too bad haha. The first story is a simple crime case where the wrong person was accused. it was a pretty good story. I started to enjoy the drama more at episode 2 though, I found that his partner for this episode was really funny and entertaining, she was great! it was a good story too, this time it was a criminal case where the murdered person isn't who we thought it was. The 3rd episode is about a sexual harassment, this episode was good too, and the partner here is a kindhearted guy, it was touching.

The 4th episode is about an arrested woman who commit suicide (well, it turns out that not really), another good episode. The 5th episode is about a kid who was kidnapped, I found this one really touching ._. I think the real culprit here didn't do wrong at all, she just saved a kid from an abusive father, and got another man accused (who was a pedophile), and there was no murder. I found this episode sad. The partner (old man) was good too. and finally the last episode with focus on Mei (Acchan)...

For the last episode, Mei becomes the partner of Gido because she was accused of being Angel Ito, it's a story that started since episode 1 (they always show little parts of it). Angel Ito is someone doing pranks on the police, but one of them was a real murder. So Mei was wrongly accused of this murder and they find the real culprit which is actually a whole group of people who did revenge and imitated Angel Ito. then at the end of the episode, they solve the mystery of Angel Ito who is actually... Mei! lol. So her character is kind of like obsessed with Gido, and did all this for his attention (also to bring attention to cases where people got away with wrongdoings, which is a good thing). That was a bit of a weird ending where Mei seems a bit crazy and also tried to attack Gido's wife, so now I have no idea if her character is supposed to be good or what... x_x

Before this, she mostly had playful scenes, like intros and conclusions (where she talks to the camera). it was entertaining, I liked the part in an episode where she talked while moving boxes, and then realized that she surrounded herself with boxes and has no way out, haha. She was really cute. well, until that ending part XD Makes me wonder how her character will be if they do a second season.

So yes this was a good drama, I like how every story was a different type of crime. Acchan did very well, and they do hint at a second season, let's see if it happens. Personally I really like criminal series. Acchan has played role in this kind of dramas before, like in Zenigata Keibu Shinku no Sosa File, that I really liked (I wrote a post here). For those who like criminal series, I definitely recommend that one the most, but I also recommend Shinigami-san too especially if you like Acchan (and if you watch any drama/movie with her, like I do XD).

• Like Like x 2
  3. NSS7

NSS7 Member

Convenience Story Trailer just released.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. NSS7

NSS7 Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    More from the short film festival. MAiDiGi likes her outfit.

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm getting updated on recent news of Acchan from the past month. I actually didn't know about "Pandora no Kane" (COCOON PRODUCTION 2022 NINAGAWA MEMORIAL). So apparently that is a stage play, and Acchan is one of the main roles (3rd on the list), and the male lead role is... Narita Ryo XD I talked previously about how Acchan and him worked together in 4 projects in like less than a year, and this is the 5th! Anyone else thinking that this is random and interesting lol. They must know each other really well by now XD Btw this stage play has also Emoto Tokio, one of Acchan's close friends since back in Q10 and they have worked together many times through the years. Here's the cover of the stage play, I like all the colors:

001.jpg

There are details and informations on the official page of the stage play. The story seems to be in the past, related to kings etc. a historical stage play. I put the text on Deepl and it says:

"Nagasaki on the eve of the outbreak of the Pacific War. The Pinkerton Foundation is excavating ancient ruins. Oz, an assistant to the archaeologist Professor Kanakugi, reconstructs a long-forgotten ancient kingdom from the numerous excavated items buried deep in the earth. An ancient kingdom where a king's funeral is being held. The king's brother, the Mad King, has been imprisoned, and his younger sister, Hime, is about to take over the throne. The followers try to bury the funeral director along with the coffin, but Hime is attracted to one of them, Mizwo, and spares his life. Hime's kingdom flourishes, and loot from many countries is brought in. One day, Mizwo brings back to Hime a huge bell he dug up in a foreign city. What is the secret of the kingdom's destruction written in "Pandora's Bell," which was never to be looked into? And what is the future that emerged in the flash of ancient times?"

Here is a video introducing the cast members of this stage play:

They had a press conference for the stage play earlier this month, one video was posted before (this one), and here is one more, which got quite a lot of views (well, look at the title lol).

This has some of the scenes, Acchan's part is fun to watch! She's looking really cute in this role <3 I didn't include it in the screenshots but I like the little move she did with her feet [hehe]

002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

More videos of Acchan at the "Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2022" that happened earlier this month!

Sadly I'm a bit late, I just noticed that there was a link posted here to watch her short film with english subs for free until 30th June, and it's now 1st July in Japan since a few hours ago, that's my luck :^^;: I guess it's my fault for being late in getting updated haha. I hope I can see the short film somewhere else eventually (couldn't find it anywhere else for now) ;w;

• Like Like x 1
  8. NSS7

NSS7 Member

More Updates.

Acchan with her co-star from stageplay "Pandora no Kane", Aoi Wakana and Kaho Minami final day stageplay in Tokyo. They will be back at Osaka from 2nd until 5th July 2022.
    220628 Acchan Instagram (2).jpg 220628 Acchan Instagram (1).jpg

Acchan return to variety show "Pop Up!' again after 3 weeks (she did appear in VTR) due to stageplay.
    220629 saorioyamada Instagram (1).jpg

First image from 2022 movie "To a Place That Transcends More (Motto Cho-etsu Shitta Tokoroe). Will be released on 2022 Autumn
    220627 Happinetphantom Twitter.mp4_snapshot_03.01.835_[2022.06.27_14.36.44].jpg

More photos update
    220510_006-1.jpg 220510_016-1.jpg 220510_043.jpg 220510_018-1.jpg 220510_043-1.jpg
    Source : https://ananweb.jp/anan/417571/

• Like Like x 1
  9. NSS7

NSS7 Member

New Photo for "Motto Cho-etsu Shitta Tokoroe" released. Will be released on 14th October 2022.
    Capture1.jpg

More new photos released for movie "Conveniece Story". Will be released on 5th August 2022.
    20220701180036 (1).jpg 20220701180006.jpg 20220701180006_20220701180014.jpg 20220701180006_20220701180014_1.jpg 20220701175849.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Someone has started subbing Acchan's Hulu drama "Anata ni Kikasetai Uta ga Arunda" (There's A Song I'd Like You to Hear). So far, they've uploaded episodes 1 and 2. You can find them on their tumblr.

https://aoinousagi.tumblr.com/

The owner of the account mentioned on twitter they're also available on d-addicts, but I'm staying away from that forum for a couple of reasons, so don't have the exact link for it. Those familiar with d-addicts should be able to find it though - and if not, you can always use the link above :flower:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This is such a great news!! I keep searching for subs a while ago and I was sad that no one was planning to sub it... I hope this gets subbed until the end. I really want to see this drama, the previews got my attention >.< Speaking of this, they actually uploaded a longer preview on YouTube a while ago. Apparently it's the beginning of episode 1. if anyone wants to get an idea of the atmosphere of this drama... this is totally my thing lol hopefully the whole storyline is good, Acchan's role looks interesting, can't wait to see it *-*

Other uploads of the video:

• Like Like x 2
  12. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Happy birthday, Acchan! :ome:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Happy Birthday Acchan!! <3

:ome::ome::ome::ome:

From her Instagram post -

"Hello31
    Since it's my life, I want to make choices that I will never regret,
    and keep the smiles on the faces of the people that I care about.
    I will spend the year like that."

001.jpg

I wish her all the best and all the happiness in her life & career! I'll continue to support her and enjoy her dramas and movies <3 I'm glad that I've been a fan of her for so many years, I always enjoy her activities, when she was idol (great times), her solo singing career (love all her songs), and then her acting career, she has done so many dramas and movies and I try watching as much as possible. it's always interesting seeing her in different roles and projects, she always tries different things. This is why I just love following her! Forever my fav! ;w;

• Like Like x 3
  14. NSS7

NSS7 Member

Updates

"Maeda Atsuko Tsuki Tsuki" Photo Exhibition will be held at Shibuya PARCO from 3-15 August 2022.
    220714 parco_x Twitter (1).jpg
    Source : https://art.parco.jp/galleryx/detail/?id=1024

Acchan appeared at the "iRobot Japan New Product Press Release" on 7th July 2022.
    news.ntv.jpg zdvqePwxJITxMdO1V7-vphC8gxl9Cb0U6LmCj2HTcLI.jpg

Acchan on variety show "Pop Up!'.
    220706 popup_cxofficial Instagram (1).jpg 220713 popup_cxofficial Instagram (1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I watched the trailer of the movie "Convenience Story" and this really got my interest! I think Acchan is good at this type of movie/role, like a little strange/unique. Also, that dark yellow filter in the whole trailer makes it more unique and interesting imo. Hopefully this gets subbed! Some of Acchan's recent movies never got subbed and that's kinda sad because I love her movies (most of her movies in the past have been subbed and I watched them).

I found a summary of the storyline from AsianWiki: "Kato is a young screenwriter, but he has been in a slump. No one gives him attention, even as he plans a movie. One day, he goes to convenience store Liso Mart to buy dog food for his girlfriend’s dog. There, he meets Keiko, who works at Liso Mart. She is a mysterious married woman."

The trailer was shared here before, and there are other uploads of it, including one from oricon that has 200k views! That's great! Btw, some of the comments on these two other uploads are talking about how Acchan and Narita Ryo have been working on a lot of projects together. So I'm not the only one who noticed hahaha

This is the movie's cover!

001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Actresses Noriko Eguchi, Atsuko Maeda, Rikka Ihara and others attended a press conference to announce the production of the musical "Women of the Night" held in Yokohama on July 15. The film is set in the movie "Women of the Night" (1948) directed by Kenji Mizoguchi.

• Like Like x 1
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Media presentation event today for 'Convenience Story':

• Like Like x 3
  18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    some more

mod edit ;): video removed by uploader

Other mod edit ;): one more.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. NSS7

NSS7 Member

Updates

Acchan & Tomochin product endorsement for cosmetic brand, SK-II.
    220720 Tomochin Instagram (1).jpg 220720 Acchan Instagram (2).jpg

Acchan attend press conference to promote her new movie "Convenience Story" on 19th July 2022.
    220719 Acchan Instagram (2).jpg aCXa5vLinsDKDCf9oG_UEufLCyIJMO_dx0yrl_NLayM.jpg czxUDgHEB6eqk6lw8TspBpyEfr_kSCP2Um4sG_4d1Z8.jpg

Acchan attended a press conference to announce the production of the theater musical "Women of the Night" held in Yokohama on 15th July 2022.
    202207150000681-w1300_0.jpg 202207150000681-w1300_3.jpg

Theater musical "Women of the Night" Preview
    220715 kaatjp Twitter (1)-min.jpg 3723284b52c933f308b1918c71a3b462 1.jpg

Acchan CM for "Nippon Small & Medium Size Enterprise Project" as ambassador.

• Like Like x 3
  20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Acchan has become an ambassador for the Lismi romance counselling app:
    https://lismi.jp/

LL_img_318809_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2