1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Kojiharu was the highlight of the episode, her cameo overshadowed everything else, all hail Kojiharu

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  2. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I was hoping Zombie/Kamisori combi would be in the first episode, and get to stomp some peeps. But alas, it seems their first fight will be against Sakura, in which they will lose.:hmm: Yes, I am most excited to see those two. Hopefully we get to see them kick some a** further along in the series.:p

Would have liked to see more of the Hinabe vs Gekioko underlings. Seeing them rush each other, then CUT! Not cool.:gavel:

Overall though I quite enjoyed it. Shocker, no? :D

Paruru throwing the same style punch as in MG3. I like. :) It looks cool. But don't ever punch like that in a real fight. Just, no.

Juri showing some acting chops. Keep improving, girl!:approve:

For that person asking why it is so early. The TV broadcast is indeed slated for the 19th. As far as I understand, this was an early preview of the full episode 1 on Hulu Japan. Don't know if this was a one-time thing or if they will do it each episode. I would imagine not, unless Hulu Japan has a vastly different operating model from Hulu.com.

3. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @gocchisama
    It was mentioned that Scandal repeated school and if yoiu guys didn't notice, she was still wearing a jumper that said Team Hormone, so I believe Wota and Scandal are one and the same.

And 4 is definitely a continuation of 1 & 2 because Team Hinabe were talking about past eras, and said the current Rappapa is really nothing compared to Maeda Atsuko's time. And Scandal when she saw Sakura said "I have seen those kind of eyes before. Do you know why she doesn't take the final blow? Because she is confident that she will always win. It's the same eyes Maeda had."

So it proves that Scandal was definitely around during the time of MG1 and 2, meaning she is almost definitely Wota.

4. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    @hjr1891 preview of full episode? does it mean that one full episode is supposed to be one hour?

5. LightFury

LightFury Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    so what exactly is the timeline in MG4 ? is it 2-3 years after MG2 ?? just curious

6. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Wow. So far Paruru is giving me high hopes for this season.

7. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Scandal is Wota, these names are just nickname so their nicknames could be changed anytime, she may have been known as Wota in the Acchan's era but now she's called Scandal, and it's nothing strange, no one's gonna name their kids Scandal or Wota so the nicknames can totally change.

Only Acchan & Yuko and now Sakura keep their real names

8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    No. Just an exclusive early showing of Ep1. As I said, it is not sure if they will do this with the rest of the episodes, but I don't think they will. It does not fit with what I know of Hulu's business model. But than again, I am limited to Hulu.com's business model , the American parent company of Hulu Japan. The episodes run for a half hour on TV, so about 20-25 mins of actual show time. The remaining 5-10 mins are used for commercials.

9. hikariayaka

hikariayaka Kenkyuusei

EP. 1 of Majisuka Gakuen? Well, I'll just thanks the effects. KojiHaru rocks! She's the highlight of the episode. I don't find/feel that Sakura is the main protagonist in that. For Paruru, she really improves. But I'm still not fan of the fighting scene, (still lacking) though there is a form, some of the execution is still not good.

10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

So this does end up being a continuation & reboot of MG1. The story is most likely going to suffer for being tied down to a former story. The introduction of the characters took up so much room in the 1st ep that there currently is no story to speak of. Just a basic barebones plot where a story should be. Though we did get foreshadowing into Sakura's past with the final scene, I wonder if there will be good plot twists or turncoat characters like in MG 2&3 or if it will just be more straightforward like MG1.

Too early to judge any one person's acting. But if I were to go by the first episode alone, most of the minor characters are very poor. Actually the best for me were Paru, Yui, Milky and Sayanee. I expected the latter three, but I am very surprised at how different Paru seems from her MG3 days. She is really growing up well. Takamina is basically playing herself so there is barely any acting to speak of for now. Kojiharu's cameo was cute. Sakura...did okay, I chalk up any badness to bad directing for now.

The fight scenes were clearly mostly movie magic, but there was some real athletic ability in there (they're dancers, so I should hope so). There are definitely awkward scenes but most of the choreo was pretty good and didn't disturb my suspension of disbelief too much.

I, like everyone else, was disappointed in the theme song. After Majisuka Rock n Roll, Yankee Soul and Ponkotsu Blues we get a fairly bland idol song...I guess it fits Sakura ooc pretty well but it definitely does not fit the tone of the show thus far.

I'm really looking forward to more Paru and Yui. I get the feeling those two are gonna make this show for me.

11. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I really need this subbed!!

12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    As stated earlier in the thread, Aidol will be subbing this season. ;) And I agree, subs would be awesome!

Aidol's home page here, where you can find their latest releases. Keep an eye on it. They got the latest MechaIke SP out faster than I thought they would, thanks to some help from Bluementaiko. Hopefully they can get some help for this as well.:)

13. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    regarding antonio-kobii (sayanee-milky) pair. while kobii who is a vice boss, acts as an "S" person, can we conclude that antonio who is the boss, acts as an "M" person? since I think this S-M thing always comes in pair. the funny thing is, as far as I know, the boss is always an "S" while the second banana is an "M" :lol:

14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Wasn't Kikuchi "Scandal" in MG2? Then again, it's a nickname afterall, so it can still go with the timeline that Wota's nickname became Scandal afterward.

Haven't heard the song yet (I rather wait for Aidol's release) but if some are saying that Ponkotsu is better than the new one, then wow, this must be really bad. For me, Majisuka Rock n Roll and Yankee Soul are much much better than Ponkotsu blues.

15. greatmaxpower16

greatmaxpower16 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    ^Kikuchi was Comeback

16. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Oh, darn, "Comeback"... got mixed up for obvious reasons, hehe.
    So Scandal is a totally new nickname.. I wonder if they'll explain why Wota became Scandal.

Was it implied in the first episode that Scandal was indeed Wota?

17. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Nicknames can be change Gekikara names change according to spicy levels in MG2

I would assume Wota got into a scandal and have to repeat a few more years thus Scandal

18. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    But is minami the same minami who died when Acchan was a badass yankee?

The link between 2 season has been proved, but those 2 characters clash in logic.

19. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

Scandal is definitely Wota. she tells Team Hinabe that she was transferred to a school in Fukuoka and asks them to explain the current situation of the school to her. Team Hinabe compares the current time to "Maeda and Yuko's time", which probably means that Scandal was around during that time. Scandal also says that Sakura has the same eyes as Maeda, which means she must've known Maeda. and she knows Salt from before she was Rappapas leader.

20. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    She died, resurrected, transfered to maji, graduated, and made a restaurant. She's minami.

Btw Keicchi, Riichan, Shige, Boss, Nao are there as gekioko students!!! Knew gekioko would be filled with sister group members!