TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. p0nk0tsu

p0nk0tsu Kenkyuusei

aidol sub MG4
    myaidol.net/majisuka-gakuen-4-episode-1/

• Like Like x 1
  2. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Am I the only one who thinks this is really bad? The writing is terrible, the acting is terrible, and the casting is a completely undisguised play by management just trying to give more screentime to their aces...

3. YukoOshima

YukoOshima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    To be honest they didnt need the kojiharu part they could of put her in the end

4. hikariayaka

hikariayaka Kenkyuusei

I just notice something. I find it awkward when Sakura is walking when she met Paruru. Try to look at her foot and legs. Is it natural?

5. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    As with old Majisuka Gakuen threads, let's try to keep any spoilers between spoiler tags, at least until the next episode is out, i.e., keep episode 1 spoilers in spoiler tags at least until episode 2 is out. This is for those visiting the thread who are only here for information or maybe looking for subs and haven't watched the episode yet. To add spoiler tags, you just need to add [ spoiler ] before the text that's potentially a spoiler and [ /spoiler ] after (remove the spaces between the brackets and "spoiler" or "/spoiler").

Majisuka Gakuen 4 - Episode 1 Impressions

- The best actresses so far have been Paruru, Milky and Sayanee. I'm not sure whether to chalk that up to the scriptwriters giving them characters roughly in line with their personality or their own acting skills, but they're leading this show as of now. Other members to watch include Yuihan, Kawaei, Yuria and even Tani, but they haven't had enough to do yet that I can comment on their ability.
    - Salt/Paruru in particular exudes a cool aura - the always bored President with no one strong enough to challenge her so she just spends her time sleeping. I really enjoyed her somewhat creepy (in a good way) smile at the end of the episode when she noticed that the smell of the wind was different. She may be my favorite character of the whole season.
    - Sakura's acting is hit or miss so far. Some parts she's ok, but overwhelmingly her character is stiff. I'm not sure if her character is supposed to be like that or she needs more practice acting, but I guess we'll see in the upcoming episodes. Her character seems to be facing abandonment issues since her Dad left her, assuming that's her in the flashback, which is a better plot than Acchan eating sakura petals for the whole season.
    - No more annoying adults! Woo!
    - The fight choreography has returned to its former glory from Majisuka Gakuen 1 & 2! At least the punches and kicks look or feel convincingly brutal, which I thought was a big failing of Majisuka Gakuen 3 where the fights never had enough impact.
    - I hope we see more of Yuirii, even though she's only a minor side character in Sakura's class.
    - I actually laughed when Salt came out just to punch Bakamono in the face for being too loud in her opening scene. The Majisuka brand of comedy is golden when it works, or maybe I'm just easy to please.
    - In that vein, I live for the one liners. Majisuka Gakuen 2 had Nezumi's "I have the world in the palm of my end," Sakura uttered, "The season of Sakura has come." (get it?!) and next episode Salt has, "I can't cure my boredom" after beating up quite a few people.

Overall: I suppose it depends what you're watching this drama for, but I personally found Episode 1 quite entertaining and can't wait for more. The series will never be an example of high drama, but if you're just watching for the members or for the fights, I think you'll be quite satisfied. It's off to a good start and giving me memories of Majisuka Gakuen 2, which I considered the high point of the series.

6. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    @ithebigc thank you for reminding us!

Just watched the subbed Ep01, want to add more impressions (after finally fully understood all the conversations)
    - Salt has no interest in reigning at the top. She's just simply the strongest, so it's natural. She's bored because she has no equal, and we can guess, the only one who can kill her boredom, is the transfer student.
    - Scandal was transferred to a school in Fukuoka because of a 'scandal', and had left Majijo for two years before she returns back. (lol Sasshi)
    - Scandal knows Salt well, up the point that she knows Salt has no interest in being Rappappa president. (Salt = Kanburi? It has yet to be revealed)
    - Sakura's eyes = Maeda's eyes, eyes of people who will never give the finishing blow. (Was Atsuko like that? I mean she destroyed Shibuya in one hit, and messed up Torigoya real bad, for example)
    - From the next episode preview, Antonio vaguely said they want to 'stir up the transfer student'...or somehow use Sakura to stir up Majijo? (Nezumi much?)
    - And a blooper: At Asobina, the scene where Minami told Sakura about Rappappa. Minami left right after she told her that Rappappa are mountains Sakura has never seen before, and exactly at that time, Sakura hasn't touched her food yet. Then the camera changes angle, where suddenly Sakura has gotten a couple of bites. [hehe]

Practically after understood, this first episode feels like a good intro for me. They introduced almost all major characters already, now they can focus on the story for the next episode. So many mysteries to be solved. :banana:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  7. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    LOLOL - It's meant to be kind of "hokey-B-Film" Grindhouse style acting & casting. This is not "Casablanca" or "Field of Dreams" - it's a TV show about delinquent highschool girls in gangs fighting each other with intended "over-the-top" character portrayals. If anyone thought this was going to be a Japanese masterpiece they forget that "Maji 4" is probably MORE "Grindhouse" & Godzilla than and Actual "Drama"

What is "Grindhouse"? (for non-Americans) Click the Spoiler for brief 2 minute synopsis- But BE WARNED- View Discretion is Advised!)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Me, Personally?....

I really Liked it. I had NO Expectations (none)- I kind of chuckled at how some of you were upset that So & So wasn't a lead or "Idol X" was being pushed for reason "A-B-C". So I really didn't know what to expect. I had only watched the first 2-4 episodes of the Yuko-Meada Original so I was ready for a Fresh Take. I LOVE that it's a Continuation of the #1 &#2 why? because it means you can still have Yuko & Mayuyu ect pop-up as Cameos and it would make sense in terms of continuity - plus, it's a smart move on AKI-P's part because now, New Fans will go search & buy the Older series to get most of the Old Gen jokes. It's a clever narrative device.

Paruru as SALT - who sleeps, is bored, her own master (a Ronin is a Samurai w/out a Master)
    Sakura - Transfer - she's from HKT and she has her own story so we'll see.
    Kawaei - Idiot person - she's never going to escape that title is she?

I like the Sayanee & Milky alliance. I hope we get to see SKE at some point. Imagine Aya Shibata as "Crazy Eyes" - lol or Susa Akari as "The Spider" (when she does that limbo bend). It was fun to see KojiHaru as a Hentai fan - lol. There's lots of good chances for epic cameo's. It would appear that AKI-P or atleast in terms of Meada's old position thinks of Sakura as the new Official "Ace" (or New Acchan?) of this future AKB chapter.

It would be funny to see "Maji 4" girls run into "Nogizaka 46" girls on a train or something - Jokes like that.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    @Slacker13
    Dasu, Kaotan, and Tani are in and we see them in the first ep already. They are Antonio and Kobii's lieutenants in Gekioko. So SKE, check!

And I actually expect to see a NGZK46 encounter/cameo at some point in the season. Management is working hard at establishing Nogi as another sister group, instead of straight rival group, so it would make sense for them to incorporate them into the show at some point. And as long as Nishino Nanase is one of the members used, I am all for it.:D

9. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

why they never cast hashimoto nanami in maji4 ?? she is a nogi member and last time i saw her act in bad boys-j as the love interst to a J.E boy nakajima kento, she is very good imo.

10. philipho188

philipho188 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Sakura needs some acting lessons. She looks like she is possessed, not badass...

11. moonlit

moonlit Member

the only thing so far in is that I'm bothered by this hair cut of sakura's, this length/styling of it doesn't suit her at all, also not impressed with her acting so far.
    my oshi Anna, you don't look threatening at all |'D, but I'm glad she's in.
    ..........and I'm literary in love with the rival school.
    So far pretty much everyone makes a better impression than Sakura, which leads me to question, did they really mean to make her character this bland? Or is there a purpose to her acting like she's a robot?
    It looks interesting but the choreography isn't that impressive, the first big fight was pretty disappointing after reading the reviews here. With that level+effects anybody, even somebody bad at sports, could be made out to look impressive.

12. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

That guy who does Honest trailers on YouTube called Twilight Eclipse "lazy even by Twilight standards" right now all I can say about Majisuka Gakuen 4 is "it's lazy even by Majisuka Gakuen standards" It's not good at all not even good enough to be "so bad it's almost good" -sigh- and I thought Majisuka Gakuen 3 was bad. I'd watch that season over this one any day. I love Sayanee's visual as Antonio though.

13. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    I love that they are finally trying to improve the acting and fight scenes. Paruru's acting does seem to be a lot better, too.

Another thing, I don't know about anybody else, but I would love to see a girl fight in a boxer-esque way in 4. something like Akihiko Sanada from Persona 4 Arena

True, we did see that with
    Shibuya from MG1 & MG2, but we know how that turned out.

14. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    lol at some people who are still 'salty' about 'the acting is bad' 'the fighting is bad'

I thought we're already gone through that topic. It's never meant to be a highly anticipated drama full with expectations in every aspect. Too lazy to read a couple pages back, huh? What do you expect anyway?

It's not that I'm shielding (I agree with you, I give you that), but same comments over and over (and sometimes it's just hate without research) is just annoying.

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Just saw the first episode and my thoughts

Sasshi's character was lol and interesting at the same time. Lol because she was wearing the same uniform as she had for MG1 and MG2. Also the fact that she was hanging out the group that was like her in 1 and 2. Also like that she was reminding the girls about the graduate girls and what they have done. Sucks she's only in one episode.

So good to see Paruru's acting has improved BIG time. Didn't like her in MG3. But her character is the most interesting out of all of them I think and I am going to love her in MG4.

Can't really judge Sayanee yet since she really didnt do much. I know that will change for sure. This was more of an introduction for her. I am looking forward to seeing more of her.

Miyuki was the best at acting (along with Paruru and Juri). Her character is just so evil (and the good kind of evil, where you think they are being nice, but then BAM!.) Watanabe girls are so good at being evil :D.

Minami is what Id expect from her and I love it. I am going to enjoy her character. Takamina will do a good job with that role.

Now onto Sakura. Gonna wait to judge her acting (like with alot if them). But I think this season will give who Sakura's character is. (Like with episode 2 giving her some character development.) Her character is mysterious but I want to see more of it. Why it will get me to watch more.

Anyways.
    Best Characters
    Paruru, Ricchan (we should all pray for her this season lol), Miyuki, Minami, Sakura

Best Acting
    Miyuki, Paruru, Juri

Song: Wasnt feeling the theme but I do like how the opening is done. Kudos for that.

Fighting: Welcome back MG1 and MG2 fighting style and its good to see it will even better.

Also love it when idols say F*ck. Something u don't usually see lol.

Overall: It was ok. Nothing too great. It does makes me want to watch more and I plan too.

3 out of 5 for episode 1.

16. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Just watched the episode
    It's fun to see 'already graduated' members like Sashi and Nyan, and this time the members who didn't get name and just appeared to make the school looks full can actually be seen on screen unlike Maji1 and Maji2 (Having a hard time trying to spot Umechan, for example). I also recognized a name plate from Maji2 as one of the school Antonio and friends have conquered. Looking forward to the story.

Fighting choreography and camera improved, reminds me of Maji 3.

Everyone's acting skill is OK, i guess. I don't really like the fact that Sakura's voice sounded heavier, but maybe her voice is indeed is that heavy now (puberty). Paruru is... as expressionless as ever.

I like both OP and ED, thought i like the ED more

17. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    However
    It's a different situation. Nezumi negotiates with the rival school hoping it would get both schools to go at it as she planned. She's pulling the strings. Here, it's like the rival school who initiates.

18. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    for acting, I more appreciate to character who have unique/different personality, like Gekikara/Nezumi. maybe at Majisuka 4 is Yuria/Magic IMO.

and some character still not move from comfort zone, like Paruru salty,Milky just smile, but I agree Paru improved a lot if compared with Majisuka 3 and she look so cool.

19. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Hmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Look, I've only seen MajiGaku 1 before this...it's not a shining example of 48G work, sadly. But it has its charm. Season 1 was basically a battle manga/anime where Acchan had to fight up a ladder, practically, and every rung had a different unique trait/power, just like in most battle manga/anime. If I recall, the only really stellar standouts in Season 1 were GEKIKARA, Yuko, Sado, the Torigoya transformation, and, for me personally, the scene where Nezumi dances on the steps [that was well put together].

So going straight to 4? I still don't care for the direction/cinematography/choreography/production values/script. Everyone has a fun gimmick & some of the members *get* the camp of MajiGaku [Kaotan, Sasshi]. But Season of Sakura? I'm okay with AKS pushing her in, y'know, everything now; I'm happy she's taking with the fans, etc. But REALLY DUDE? "Season of Sakura?" My eyes have *yet* to stop rolling, LOLOLOLOLO

Things I Enjoyed: Magic. Scandal. Naachan vs Sakura. Zakoboss. Scandal deadpanning "Majisuka Gakuen" at the end. The editing. The editing REALLY carries the weight of the fight scenes. Like, seeing Bakamono fly across the room like a ragdoll is GREAT tv. More of that pls.

Things I...meh: Sakura & Salt don't really have imposing figures? And the plot is practically the same as MajiGaku 1? Transfer student, Rappappa might've lost their touch/no one to fight, "I've never felt this wind before/things are gonna get interesting." Also, Sakura's punches lack OOMPH. I hope they shot Ep 1 first on the production schedule & they all settle into their roles by midseason.

OH and more stuff like this please:
    zakobossdfgf.jpg

20. 1nfiltraitor

1nfiltraitor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    isoharakyoka
    Always enjoying members blabbering dialogue, the catfight itself still not much to see.