1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Leonardo Antonius

Leonardo Antonius Kenkyuusei

Is rappappa belongs to center and nezumi?

2. junjou19

junjou19 Member

No, trust me, I wasn't expecting much either, but it's irritating how management thinks they're so clever. "She-she has the same eyes as MAEDA!!!!"
    That was just incredibly cheap. So....I guess Sakura is the "New Acchan", huh? And Paruru slaying everyone without any effort...please. I enjoyed the parts where they weren't just campaigning their favorite girls, such as Sasshi and Yui-han sticking her fingers up Ricchan's nose. I want more of that stuff.

3. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    I guess I can enjoy this series more because, other than not setting expectations for Emmy awards too high, I can ignore whatever 48 member-push politics may or may not be at play and simply love it for what it is dorama-wise: a charming piece of B-grade entertainment with occasional surprises (decent bit of acting here, nice bit of choreography there) and more entertainment value than other dorama I've seen. Otherwise, I may actually be clamouring for more screen time for my own favourite girls, or wondering where my favourite girls actually are. One episode in.

4. azumacchi

azumacchi Kenkyuusei

I don't spell my Salt as Solt and I am Japanese. But it is a personal decision if one would like to call her Salt, Solt, Soruto,... as long as we get to understand it. Anyway Paruru is still Shio in her character. :)

5. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I whole heartily disagree! It's as campy & over the top as I was expecting. This is a homage of sorts - they're playing characters! - this is NOT High End drama. Remember the "So Long" drama's from 2013? that was for real. THIS is intended to be "B-Movie" exploitation flavored series. You complain about the acting in "Horror Movies" but you're also used to it because it's a genre staple correct? Same thing here. I appreciate your opinion (it's as valid as any here)- I'm just trying to explain what they might be "going for" in terms of presentation.

It's episode #1 - geez. In the Anime arena in Japan they have the 3 episode system- if you're on the fence, you give it 3 eps to explain itself - After that you can 'leave it for dead' on the side of the road - No Questions asked. I'm curious to see how the Japanese & Asian fans feel about the show. I doubt the quibble over the same stuff we do. It's also laughable that the show was designed even remotely for Western or US audiences tastes.

6. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

Everything Wrong in Majisuka Gakuen 4 Episode 1.
    1) Unnecessary Cameos.
    - Again? I thought they stop doing the cameos in MG3. After those disasters in MG2, they brought it back? I don't get it why anyone thought it was a good idea to put a cameo in 30 minutes drama. And I'm not talking about 1 but 5. There's probably more but I lost count after 5. I know they want to sell the DVDs, but that just too much...

2) Characters.
    - There's like 25 characters with a line in the first episode. Even 1 hour drama usually have around 15 characters with line. For a low budget drama they have too much money to spend on characters. Trim it. It look clustered and confusing. It's like watching Transformers movie for the first time. If you don't know the robots before you watch it, you are in one hell of a ride. Take off you eyes for a minute, and you have no idea what's going on anymore.

3) Plot.
    - I don't have a problem with the plot actually. I get it, they're going with monster of the week kind of drama. Same with MG1. Next episode, Sakura beats the 2 first year students. Next 2 weeks, Bakamono. Next 3 weeks, Magic and so on. Do we really need a spoiler caption here? I guess they still can surprise me with a plot twist like what they did with Nezumi in MG2 or Peace in MG3 but I doubt so.

4) Acting.
    - Shiritsu Bakaleya was worst, so I guess you can take that as compliment.

Conclusion.
    Pretty much the worst out of the 4 for me. MG1 has the best casting (all senbatsu members). MG2 has the best fighting scene and cinematography. MG3 has the best plot and ending. But MG4 put everything that I hate in Majisuka franchise together in it. MG1 plot, MG2 cameos and MG3 casting. Actually, I don't really hate MG3 casting, but everyone else sure did...

I will still watch the next episode since it can't possibly get any worse than this. And honestly I thought Salt is an interesting character. I hope they give her a good background story. Other than that, I'll keep my expectation low...

7. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    I had similar feelings watching Atsuko in Maji 1 and Pararu in Maji 3; rough starts, took a little while to get going, improved some as the series progressed.
    For the fight choreography, well, no Donnie Yen or Yuen Woo Ping involved here, but it was okay. At least there were attempts to show dodging and blocking blows, and it was nice to see the *one-inch punch* again. :)

8. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    For me, I'm going to enjoy this drama as this is a rare chance to see your oshi and other members doing something different than singing and dancing. I have zero expectation in a good plot and good acting cause you know, this is an AKB drama. Convincing fights are the most important, everything else is just bonus.
    The next episode is going to be awesome with MakoNya :omfg:

9. azumacchi

azumacchi Kenkyuusei

This is true. Since it is just the 1st episode we still can't judge as how the series will go.

For the opinion you ask, in my personal opinion I don't set high standards as to knowing that the girls are Idols and not Actresses. Basically some are good at it and some are not. There are some exaggerated acting, even we know this for a fact. I just don't know how it looks from the westerners' point of view, which I want to know as well. And it is an honest fact that even with all the bad sides of the show (acting, choreo,...) we watch just to see our Oshi at times.

10. Lalatz

Lalatz Kenkyuusei

Seriously guys, To many thinking and opinion in Here..
    Can. we. Just. Enjoy. The movie?
    If you dont wanna watch it, so dont.. Simply right?..

11. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    But isn't it great that Majisuka 4 is such a thought-provoking piece of work? :blush:
    I can't wait for more episodes!

12. Lalatz

Lalatz Kenkyuusei

Yup... Thats right But i think its better to keep it until the Last of eps..

13. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    I really hope someone breaks out the 勝利の手羽先 at some point.

14. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    It's such a dumb rule anyway and I thought fans just made it up. I've even seen variations of that. It still depends on the one who watches. I'm not sure if it applies here with this being the intro episode.

I'll still watch this just because I have my reasons.

15. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    I thought someone here said Sasshi said no I'm so happy I thought this show was supposed to start the 19th?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  16. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Well, I really dislike the archetype of the silent sullen hero who is mysteriously monstrously strong, so I didn't like Acchan's character from season 1, and I certainly don't like that they're bringing that back in every season. But you know, this is an ensemble cast, so even if I've never liked the main characters in Majisuka (I didn't make it past EP4 in MG3 because I was bored with it and dropped it) it ends up being entertaining to see the other characters interacting, and of course, their ridiculous nicknames and special attacks based on their idol persona.

I'm glad to see my favorite members having prominent roles (Yuihan, Sayanee, Milky and I'll give an honorable mention to Yuria, because she was MG3's saving grace and I want to see more of her). I'm already looking forward to whatever the rival school is plotting because they are the more interesting ones of the bunch imo.

Sakura is doing a complete Maeda repeat, which is a shame, but I don't think it's her fault. The taking off her red handkerchief being the same as that trick with Acchan and her glasses is really lame, they should be more subtle, come on. "Those are exactly Maeda's eyes" it's like... we get it, no need to rub it in our faces.

Tani Marika is becoming one of my favorite 48G members FAST! She's so over the top, I totally love her in everything she does hahaha.

And for me the best so far about this is the music. I love that campy 80s style (or even older) Sukeban deka type music. Looking forward to its release, 1 year from now.

17. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    First episode is going to be broadcasted on TV on the 19th but Hulu was allowed to stream it a week before.

18. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    Thanks so Nyaa Nyaa old character is back or is hers a new one

19. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Another feature I would like to add, is that don't you think it would look much cooler if all 4 queens wore long skirts, rather than just Otabe ? It would much better signify their high ranking when paired with their sukajan. Short skirts would only look more suitable for lower ranking Rappappa underlings.

20. azumacchi

azumacchi Kenkyuusei

Btw, since there is no Vice in Rappapa now who do you guys think would be Sakura's strong opponent within the Shitenou? Like in MG1 with Maeda and Sado.[hehe]