TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. dcille

dcille Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    This episode kinda like broke all our hearts and hopes. I think that's the only thing the producers of this installment is capable of. The episode was nice but seeing characters beaten for almost no reason at all is despicable. I understood that everyone in Rapapa probably except Salt is bound to fall but to drag the storyline in to this narrow fight per episode angers me. They should have at least given us the reason for Sakura's strength on how she can beat them. This blind script makes it all for the hype. I hate it when that happens, stories being overrun by fandom without reason without thinking. MG wasn't supposed to be like this, even MG 3 had the luxury of giving us BG stories and plot twists. I'm so disappointed right now. One or two people in here can create a far better MG Series than this one.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  2. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    I think, although there isn't much of a backstory to show it, that Sakura draws her back-against-the-wall strength from recalling whatever childhood trauma she suffered and the will to never fall again. Now that she's learning that drawing strength from the support of friends rather is better than stubbornly insisting on going it alone (Takamina's wonderful chopstick bundle analogy), she's becoming stronger. All the batterings she's been taking have probably toughened her up some too.
    Let's also remember that she would almost certainly have fallen to Magic and KuroShiro but for KamiZombie and her growing care for them; she looked beaten against Magic until they showed up, and she would have been done again KuroShiro without their help (and, admittedly, the latter's inability to twig what was going on).

Or, it could be that what she eats in Takamina's restaurant is actually three square Breakfast of Champions a day, full of everything a growing yankii with places to go and ass to kick needs. And her pre-Otabe meal from Team Hinabe looked like some seriously good Chinese kung fu elixir sh*t.

3. banzaiwota

banzaiwota Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Not even watching episode 7 hopefully it will be a lot better than the previous episodes..(And no looses for Sakura lol[hehe])..
    Yeah i'm agree with Kairi 65 MG4 is a good series but lacking characters background and base plot story background.
    For example:
    It will be a lot better if the director/scriptwriter tell about how evil rapapa is and they can do it with some evil scenes (maybe like Salt/Otabe/Magic/Bakamono or Yoga beating the other student ferociously and maybe some dictatorism act without mercy or beating the other student without the right reason) so without telling this the audiences doesn't know why they must be defeated?Without this maybe the ppl think it can be Sakura is the evil side and the rapapa is a good side right?o_O
    (Especially with Otabe with the present plot story i don't know what the evil side from Otabe and honestly i will support Otabe rather than Sakura!!!)
    It will be SO different IF the director or scriptwriter told the evil side from Otabe..
    They do it well done with the Shirogiku/Kurobara..Before they're challenging Sakura they do some nasty thing to the other gekioko student right especially when they're kidnapping Zombie/Kamisori.So ppl knowing they're the evil side when they're fight Sakura and they must be defeated..;)
    The other example is already told by the others in the previous post and they told it beautifully thanks guys for the very good reason about lacking some background plot and characters!!
    Hopefully they can fix it in the next series of MG!!!:^^;:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  4. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    ^This.

Yes, the plot is linear, but the character development is there. Which isn't bad.
    Sakura who doesn't care, now a bit care. Salt who doesn't care, now a bit care. Antonio who doesn't move, now move. Where's the problem?
    The story is typical anime. Not an anime with deep psychology or plot twists that is intended for mature audience of course. But this show is like a pure shonen. (If you don't know what shonen is, please google it).

From western eyes, yeah this kind of story is lacking here and there. But this is already a trope in Japanese, and I think Japanese fans enjoyed it.
    Remember, almost all episodes of MG4 so far are beating previous MGs in ratings. No need to glorify previous MGs to bring this one down, every story has its strength and weakness.

5. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    finally, I can watch EP7

I was disappointed Otabe lose, she should win.
    Otabe fight for the other queens-salt/protect rapapa but she still lost though Yoga/Bakamono/Magic support her. and Sakura wins without her cheerleader/Kamisori-Zombie lol.

but I respect to the other queen for not interrupt fight between Otabe/Sakura.
    if they help Otabe like Kamisori/Zombie help Sakura, I think Sakura already dead lol

I dunno, after watching this EP, I really want Rapapa become the main character.

6. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    From a different perspective Sakura is the real villain. taking out her daddy issues on the circle of friends that is maji-jo. Salt's poor leadership is not really a weakness because next week >>>
    Sakura is going to run into a pillar of salt and get beat down.
    And then they'll kiss.

7. winner

winner Kenkyuusei

I don't mind the little to no back-story at all. Sorry for my bad memory. MG1 and MG3 tried that with Acchan and Paruru's past, it didn't make the show or their character any more entertaining.
    I guess they could have added a few quick scenes to build up the queens charas though, to make them more formidable.
    I know most of these hate comments are based on the love for the series and AKB in general, its the same every season. But saying the same thing again and again gets rather boring. I'm enjoying MG4 just as much as past seasons and glad that they did one after so many years, so maybe I just don't know how you guys feel. If you have fun commenting like that though. Sure, keep bashing as much as you want.

I think you guys noticed it in the Sakura vs Otabe fight.

It was nice how Otabe did those revenge hits for Rappapa. But it would've been better if they were all signature moves.
    Sakura's punch to the stomach to take down Yoga. The uppercut against Bakamono. And the jump kick beating Magic, who mainly uses kicks herself (no need to correct me, I have 0 exp with fighting styles/moves).
    Otabe was kinda doing them but didn't really do an uppercut, just a clothes line which is kinda Bakamono-ish, but not as recognizable as the uppercut or the counter Sakura used to beat Bakamono.
    Actually doing the sig moves would show just how strong Otabe really was, having the actual skills to take down all of the other 3 queens.

Following it through with Sakura going all Hokuto no Ken, countering all 3 moves, which they did do ok.
    But with Sakura using Otabe's headbutt move to take Otabe down for the finisher. Yeah, I would've liked it more if they wrapped it up all nice like that.

8. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Love this episode fight, no more unconvincing "special trick". Just a simple and effective brawl.

Sakura's flashback before her comeback doesn't make sense to me.
    In fact, her motivation hasn't been explained yet even though we are nearing the end.
    At this point, I feels like Sakura is the antagonist while Rapapa as a whole is the protagonist.

There's finally some character development for Salt, albeit it comes at the expense of Otabe losing.

I'm starting to believe that this Otabe has nothing to do with the previous one.
    This series would be so much better if they provide proper back story for the more prominent casts.
    Or....they reserve her background story for the upcoming musical with Rena.
    Kind of make sense if you think about it, since both Otabe and Gekikara delayed their graduation.

Assume that this series is 10 episodes, one for Salt, one for Gekioko, and one for graduation.
    I'll be very disappointed if Gekioko is the last episode before graduation.
    They are so underwhelming as an antagonist. They wait and keep talking for so many episodes and there, they appear!
    I really hope Salt is the "last boss", not Gekioko.

9. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    the best thing about this episode that Minami's restaurant finally has some more costumers :^O^: [hehe]
    so i don't have to worry about her going broke since her only costumer was Sakura and she doesn't even pay for the meal :gavel:

Kamisori&Zombie and Team Hinabe better pay for their meals though :chuffed: :glare:

10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
  11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Well, Maachun was supposed to have won a role in that cast reveal special they did before the season started. Maybe that is her?

12. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    Has MG5 been confirmed?

13. dcille

dcille Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Yeah, MG 4 is not that bad. It can at least stand on its own. But the only thing it did better is the fight scenes. That and nothing more. I can't condemn it though, I just wish it will be better than this. :worthy: i just can't help but feel sad on how excited I was to watch every episode in the past and now I'm can't really absorb the episode without thinking on how it will crumble deeper.

I wish that new character is a major turn-around. MG 4 or MG 5. I'm actually caught by Salt's troubled face in the picture. it seems like she just saw someone lying on the floor. Probably a comrade she's concerned about but her arm stance is familiar every time she punches so that someone could also be an enemy she just wasted. What do you guys think?:wtf:

14. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I'm not sure if it's too late to introduce a character with a few episodes left unless it's an OG cameo. I wonder how they would fit her in the storyline.

Otabe put up a good fight. I wish she lasted much longer. No more tricks that would put a member into a huge advantage. The revenge hits were cheesy to me. It's been done before. It's a let down that Sakura didn't feel like she was gonna lose. I'm not sure if Otabe just had a bad day that time or Sakura really came in prepared. Otabe did look like a mid level boss because of that as she probably went for "anything goes" gameplan. She's smarter than that but the fight says otherwise. That and she didn't mention any connection to MG2 at all. I think they wasted her character right there. It's just bad writing to me.

The action scene was good and Sakura was able to counter for the most part even if Otabe landed a few on her. I guess it's natural for a weakened opponent to miss a punch or a kick because it wouldn't have the same intensity as it is early on.

I like how the queens were watching and not trying to help Otabe. Bakamono's instincts almost did. It's one on one so allowing anyone else inside that room KamiZombie + Team Hinabe would make Sakura look weaker.

Also, I would have to agree with you guys who said that you see Sakura as the villain. To me, she is one. Even if they explored much about her past, wouldn't still convince me to believe that she is on the good side. As a result, Rappappa are seen as the good guys so it's no surprise you rooted for Otabe. I also rooted for Otabe even if I know she'll lose. I guess there's that.

Even if there's character development, it's just one of the many questions this season hasn't answered yet and you don't want to leave it to the fans to ponder.

15. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    I'm not sure there are any villains; maybe the closest would be Milky and KuroShiro, and Magic may be a bit of a heel for fighting dirty (though that's how fights go when you're not in the dojo or a sporting competition). Everyone is just a yankii just trying to get by on permanent self-study since all the teachers went on a school trip without them or something, cooking delicious food and dreaming of climbing the Maji-ladder. It's debatable whether the Rappappa club worked their way to the top peacefully. Fights were probably started on a wrong glance or well-spread reputation.

16. ScandalAgeman

ScandalAgeman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    its not about salt/antonio past because salt wearing majijo uniform.

wow nice, this character looks like a ''general'' could be new school for the MG5 ? maybe someone salt knows in the past a graduate or Majijo drop out ?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  17. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    Hello. I found this photo:

[​IMG]

She has the same uniform... But I can't recognize her... Do you know who is she?

18. Chanandler

Chanandler Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
    I don't know JKT48, but some folks in facebook are saying that it seems to be a girl called Michelle. Searching the Stage48 Wiki pages, I found Michelle Christo Kusnadi.

19. LightFury

LightFury Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    wow new character....interesting ....but her uniform doesnt looks like from Majisuka or Gekioko......looks more like from Yabakune from MG1/2

20. antaressa20

antaressa20 Kenkyuusei

@Chanandler i think she is not Michele, this is Michele, she is not appear yet but this photo we get from their 3rd anniversary concert and they give this spoiler
    [​IMG]
    i think Michele just be some cameo like the others because she just spend 1 day to shoot (according to her twiiter)

_______

if i see from her belt, that reminds me of NMB, maybe NMB members?