1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    But I think that's where she is doing well?!
    The fact that there isn't much screentime for her, but how expressive she is, it's impressive in itself?!
    And you may think it's bias, but I don't think it is O_O

If I wanted to be biased, I'll go on and talk about how amazing Antonio is because Sayanee is after all still my main bias, but I don't think she's pulling off the expressions and emotions as well as Milky is.

Cause it fits well with the real Milky.
    The reason she can pull it off so well, she has some acting chops but it's also because that's how she is in real life too.
    Even Milky's chara itself is complicated, so it's not surprising that aspect of Milky would have been applied to Kobii because only someone like her would have been able to pull it off.

And what exactly do you mean by that though? It's my interpretation so obviously it'll be seen from my lens.
    Can you honestly tell me that your interpretations are completely objective as well and not subjective to your point of view?

Just like what both you and gocchisama have been doing, I too, view things from my own perspective too. Just because I may have noted and perceived things that wasn't necessarily obvious from the plot, doesn't mean it's all completely just me seeing things and having my own delusions. Maybe I may have perceived some things wrongly, but I don't appreciate being viewed as narrow-minded and biased. Cause that's what I'm getting from your comment.

I'm trying my best not to take it personally, but I find it difficult. Cause while the both of you engaged in discussion about the Antonio and Kobii who are my favourite characters, all I get is simply shot down.

I was actually happy people were talking about them and I thought I could participate this time, but I guess not. Maybe I'm just petty and what not. Sorry for causing a scene I guess...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  2. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I tried to avoid misunderstandings but maybe I was unsuccessful.

Let me try to be as clear as I can:

You are by your own words a Sayaka fan. As such I believe you know very well Miruki and NMB.
    I don't believe the director or even the writer has such a in depth knowledge of them as you have. That's why I said that you are probably seeing what you want to see. I don't think the writer or the director have the same knowledge that you have and as such, it's hard for me to believe he would put such little details into "Antonio" and "Kobi" characters.
    I like both of them (Sayaka and Miruki) but I'm not a "fan" in the same way you are. For that reason when I see the interaction between "Antonio" and "Kobi" I see it as I believe most people see it (I'm just saying that there are more people that have different oshimens than those to who they - Sayka or Miruki - are their oshimen - just like any other member, by the way). To us, those interpretations seem to derive more from the knowledge of the fan than from the actual script.

I'm a Minami fan, and as such, if no3b was in the show I would probably make the same mistake, in my opinion, you are doing. I would correlate to much with my knowledge of the real no3b and by doing that I would arrive to conclusions that where not in the script.

Regarding Miruki acting abilities. My comment was not to say that her abilities are, in any way, lower than any other actor/actress. Quite the opposite, what I meant is that, no matter who the actor/actress is I don't think they could show such complex feelings/emotions in a single look, specially when they would have such a small screen time to create their character. And here is where your "bias" comes in. Because you have a larger knowledge of them, you have the natural tendency to "fill the gaps" with the knowledge that you already have of the actors/actresses and not of the characters.

3. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    ^
    @hugoa Okay I kinda understand where you are coming from. But then again how sure are you the writer and producer doesn't have such in depth knowledge? I believe they do because from what we have seen so far, there are so many real life allusions; even their character names itself are real life allusions. Their hierarchy in the show, the way Antonio treats her comrades is parallel to real life Sayanee, the way they exaggerated Paruru's salty character for drama purposes, the way they made use of Kawaei's baka character etc. Remember it is a show that they created, knowing that their main target audience are people within the 48fandom. In order for viewers to keep tuning in, they need to be able to relate to what we know and perceive from each member. Also you do realise that the show's main producer is Aki-P right? They would have all the background knowledge they need in order to do that. Before even making the series, I believe they do go through member history in detail in order to come up with something fans can relate to and enjoy.

I'm not saying this to boast or anything, but from episode 1, I have said that Antonio was definitely someone who cared about her underlings just like how a leader of a gang looked after her underlings. And that's because her leadership in NMB is similar. I was sure they were gonna bring that into MG4 and many episodes later, my observation/perception was right. Most people didn't think in the earlier episodes because she was brutal and ruthless, and she kicked Tani/KY and all (that was because Tani/KY was crapping when Antonio was being serious anyway), but I'm just saying my background knowledge so far hasn't really backfired me based on what happened from previous episodes until now.

True, I may have looked too much into a single situation/scene or even expression, but that doesn't mean it can all be called off as just coming from my own bias. I do think the background knowledge is applicable and legit.

Again, the thing about Milky's expressions and actors/actresses. I have to disagree. To me, the best actors/actresses should have that ability to convey their emotions through their expressions alone. Even with just a single look, we should be able to feel a certain degree how they feel. Cause that's the best way to get emotions across. Why do you think some actors/actresses are criticised for their wooden acting or for having only one expression? Milky on the other hand has shown a variety of expressions that can be interpreted in numerous ways, and I think that's not an easy feat to accomplish.

4. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I don't want to keep discussing this in the forum because probably most people here are not interested in this, somewhat, private discussion. I will send you a PM later if you don't mind.

5. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I hope Aki-P/Ueno returns to 12 ep, and add 60minutes each ep. i think 10ep & 20minutes too short to develop a story/character.

just curious, they will continue the story of mg4/reboot/or make different theme like mg3. maybe if they continue the story of MG4, rapapa/antonio&kobii already graduate from majijo/gekioko, and focus to majijo 2nd/1st years (sakura/kamisori/zombie/hinabe etc)

6. Laluna

Laluna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Or maybe in MG5 they are not graduate soon, if MG5 release this year too.. Its like you have second semester on your college/school haha...

7. BeMyGuest

BeMyGuest Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawaeirina
    @convenience93
    Antonio and her gang hardly had any character development and had very little to do with the plot so far. So someone overanalyzing every look that Kobi gave to Antonio in their two minutes of screen time per episode and their relationship, seems exactly like the spazzing of an overexcited, biased fan to me. You are disappointed of the small importance and lack of depth of your fav's characters, so you create it by yourself. Even trying too hard sometimes, to the point it gets a bit annoying.
    The real Sayanee is far more interesting than whatever chara they are trying to pull off here, so I'm not surprised you are not praising her acting tbh.
    As for Milky's overpraised acting, you say she is the same in real life, but since when being yourself is good acting? Yes, obviously no one could have pulled off a better Milky than Milky herself lol. As for me, she strikes me with a mean girl chara and I don't find this very interesting. I thought she was cool in the first episode, but then doing the same, just got boring. Sayanee's chara is even less memorable. Heck, even Tani is more memorable than these two, cuz she was at least hilarious in the little screen time that she had.
    Also you seem to give way too many credits to the writer and the director for some deep symbolism of some sort. To see or expect this kind of things from a low quality production, acted by amateur actresses, is somehow unrealistic.
    Not only you actually, some people desperately try to turn this drama into something that it is not. Suit yourself, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  8. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    well said.

9. ScandalAgeman

ScandalAgeman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I would love 60 minutes/episode, but I think is too much. They should make each episode 40~43 minutes.

I really cant see MG4 continuing (maybe if had a plot twist in majijo/gekioko new characters taking the top then Sakura need to take the top back)

In the current cast ... what we have can be considered ''next year'' rappapa members possible first queen Uonome/Juri then a set Kamisori/zombie (but they never had 2nd year queen) so I consider empty, 3 - empty, 4 - empty - President - Sakura.

They already made 4 season. They need to realise rival school deserve more recognition.

10. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I haven't watched it with sub (if there's one already), but anybody catch Sakura's last line in the next week preview? Something about 'protecting Majijo'.

Following usual shonen pattern (and the pattern of the fights so far), a fight's conclusion usually is determined by who has a stronger resolve. The battle isn't just merely a fist fight, but there's an 'ideology debate'. Whoever lose the debate, lose the physical fight too. If, and only if, Sakura's resolve next week is to protect Majijo and Antonio haven't changed hers into something greater, Sakura's resolve is winning. So I guess, no matter how we want the story to develop more, Sakura will win against Antonio.

Take this as a prediction, I could be wrong hahaha.

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    An hour long show is actually ~43mins long, minus commercials. ;) MG4 eps are half-hour long. We see them as 20-23mins because some kind soul <3 is cutting the commercials.

12. ScandalAgeman

ScandalAgeman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I now :) what I mean is 40~43 minutes without counting commercials like regular drama/serie.

@nathan_drake said 60 minutes. I thought he mean 60 minutes without counting commercials that's why I said 40~43 minutes.

13. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Just wanted to point out that my way of seeing the drama is very, very simple, so i'm not concerned by @BeMyGuest 's statement by any beat lol.

14. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    Might just happen!

Mayuyu as Nezumi returns in Majisuka Gakuen 4 ep 10 according to https://twitter.com/video_vap/status/575597156867817472 " …
    「マジすか学園4」最終回となる第10話にはネズミ役で渡辺麻友さんが出演します!"

15. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Plot twist:

Kobii stabbed Antonio because even though Kobii isn't as strong as Antonio it turns out that Kobii was the reason that Antonio is at the top in the first place but Antonio have been taking Kobii for granted and show no gratitude towards her so Kobii became pissed off and stabs Antonio after she's beaten up by Sakura

Or

Kobii stabs Antonio while she's beating up Sakura because she felt guilty for Salt and when Kobii told Antonio to spare Sakura because she isn't the one Antonio wants and because they owe Majijo but Antonio refuses to do that and she leaves Kobii no choice

16. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Maybe Salt will die in Season 4, and then come back as triplets like Yuko in Season 2!
    Or maybe even quadruplets!!!!
    And oh I like Nezumi, so I'm happy to hear that!!
    But wait Jurina is making an appearance in ep 9 so O_O

The fact Mayuyu is appearing though, and Maachun hasn't appeared...so maybe she'll be in ep 10 trolling Nezumi hahaha.
    And hmms Nezumi yeahh might very well be the evil mastermind pulling strings if she does appear. That would be greaaat.

I wanted to see Gekikara too, if they'll surprise me I'll be reaaaallly happy.
    Gekikara can be Kobii's long lost cousin or something yeppp.

I really hope Episode 10 will be a complete all-star finale!

17. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Just finished episode 8, LOVE IT. Gather round folks, got my OWN little observation quirks to brings:

1) Salt, The Tragic...Hero?

So here we are, in the 7 episodes we were given about Salt, we know that:
    • She's cursed and blessed with god-like fighting that she's bored to death
    • She's brimming with energy to fight Sakura, someone she recognizes immediately of her strength, but yet wants her to take the proper steps in fighting her (going up the stairs, hitting each ladder like it's Mortal Kombat)
    • She understands the power of her team, despite them losing. First you see the instant mental punishment she put on Yoga for losing, but yet, she recognizes that she was wrong in her thought and recognizes their effort. Now it's time to fight for them
    SIDE NOTE: This sort of habit is very recognizable in movies/entertainment, where one gets so powerful that she gets bored, and hence affects her entire attitude, becoming someone complacent, neutral, apathetic, etc. Episode 7 is what changes that

So the question that needs to ask is:
    WHY?
    Why save Milky? Granted she's being ambushed by not just a bunch of people, but the #2 person in Gekioko. To Salt, this is play; this is her WARM UP. We all seen her destroy not just the group, BAH EASY, but also #2 Kobii (Sorry Jyabu Jyabu is postponed brah). So now, you got your warm up, ready to fight Sakura, feeling good that you just straight up DESTROY your rivals (which oddly enough, if I recall, very little mention about Gekioko from Majisuka's mouths), and then as one should leave to fight your potentially BEST FIGHT...

SALT THROWS IT AWAY

SAVES MILKY FROM (potentially) DEATH
    WHY?
    1. One could say that because Majisuka is perceived as the "good" school, it's bounded by story rules that Salt (the leader of the 'GOOD' school) should do a 'GOOD' act.
    2. Another could say that because her 4 queens made Salt rediscover something she lost, perhaps emotion, this awakened more of herself and realization that a fight is a fight, but not one to lose a life over.
    I say, VALID POINTS, but please, step into my office, take some notes, and be prepared to be potentially enlightened, whether you like it or not

2) TO KNOW THE FUTURE, YOU GO TO THE PAST TO SET YOUR PRESENT
    One thing (I hope they will) they need to convey is WHAT HAPPENED in the past. Remember, Antonio fought Salt in Middle School, and lost. That's all right? NO WE HAVE QUESTIONS

Did Antonio went to the same middle school as Salt?

I say yes. Episode 4, there's a line where she said "She JOINED this academy so she can fight/revenge on her". WHICH LEDS ME TO BELIEVE THIS: If it wasn't for the case, Antonio would've joined the Majisuka. And because of rules and fights, she would have been one of the 4 queens (most likely). This also means: since Kobii knows of this information, and no one else knew, SHE MUST HAVE WENT TO THE SAME MIDDLE SCHOOL AND WITNESS THE ENTIRE THING UNFOLD.

3) Kobii, The Ultimate Suffer:

Also, remember Antonio's saying before she departed the scene: "Once you said something, you can't take it back"

WHAT IS THIS THING SALT SAID THAT DRIVE THE THREE APART?

I could only think of one thing, which Sakura said: I WANT TO TAKE THE TOP

My image is this: in middle school, Salt, Antonio, and Kobii were in the same class, and perhaps were the best of friends. Comrades in arms, beating everyone up, becoming the strong, becoming respected, becoming feared, just the three. And then one day, Salt said something that shakes up the entire relationship:

I WANT TO TAKE THE TOP

And since the three were the strongest, the only way to take the top is to fight amongst each other. Salt won. Antonio lost, and lost hard: not only she lost in the fight, but she lost a relationship. Kobii, being the weakest of the three, followed Antonio, to NURSE her mental wounds.

Now to the present, Salt is at the top, complacent, bored, and perhaps holding a secret that no one knows. She rarely acknowledges her group because perhaps, it reminds her of her past, how that all went away because of her ambition. She hates being the top; it destroyed her entire identity. She WANTS to lose. Hence, her secret admiration of Sakura, who she thinks can finally beat her. But because of pride, she can't just give it up away, you have to earn it, a Warrior's Pride.

Knowing the potential relationship of the three, that could explain WHY Salt saving Kobii, they knew each other. This also could explain the multiple complexities of Kobii: first sending people to take on Sakura because she wanted Antonio to be at ease with her mind of fighting/defeating Salt on her own terms, and then sending to fight Salt because perhaps, Antonio is getting to the same path that Salt was in middle school, and Kobii wants to prevent this from happening. She lost a friend once in Salt, she doesn't want to lose another in Antonio.
    Now while this is completely ALL speculation, if this is true, my mind is blown. AMAZING

18. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    dream comes true, maybe Nezumi make plan to destroy Gekioko and just hope Torigoya/Black/Gekikara also back to help majijo.

I can't imagine what will happened to Gekioko if they all come back, maybe Gekikioko get a nuclear attack lol

19. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @55Cyanides If this doesn't happen, you need to replace the current scriptwriters.

Anyway about that:
    This was what has been bugging me as well. I know Antonio had lost to Salt back in middle school, and Kobii clearly knew about it.
    But we have no confirmation if Kobii was there during the actual fight or elsewhere.
    Why this is important is because when Kobii approached Salt, didn't she introduce herself?
    She went, "It's Kobii from Gekioko High School."
    Don't you think if Kobii had been friends with her before, she would have went "Hisashiburi Salt" or "Long time no see Salt."
    There was definitely some kind of relation between Antonio and Salt, but I'm not so sure between Salt and Kobii.
    That's my only problem with that theory but otherwise, I think it's a possible theory.

But yeah, I too wondered about that Antonio line.
    Like I don't think she is having such resentment towards Salt because she merely lost.
    There's seems to be more in between the lines (ironically haha).

If I were to go with a similar theory as yours, I would say that maybe Antonio and Salt were first really good friends, and Kobii came later.
    It could have happened just as you said but with only Antonio and Salt.
    Maybe Kobii was someone at the side who always admired both of their strengths.
    Then, the next question would be then, why did she end up following Antonio?

Because as you said, perhaps Salt's ambition was to take the top alone. And Antonio wanted to work together with others to get there.
    So to Kobii who also yearned for the top, whose side is she likely to try to go? Antonio's.

And maybe that's why she's bothered about both Antonio and Salt because they both have a past together that didn't have her.
    That they were both always the strongest and while she was just someone else there.
    That one line she said, "With Salt, With Antonio, how am I different?!"
    That frustration kinda showed how she wanted to be in the same level as them as she probably wasn't before.

As for why Salt saved Kobii if she didn't even know her, it may be because of the guilt she felt after what happened between her and Antonio.
    Perhaps she knew Kobii being assistant head in Gekioko with Antonio was someone important to Antonio, and she wanted to somehow undo her wrongs, and didn't hesitate to save Kobii.

I think why Kobii began acting on her own is still true to what you say, that she didn't want Antonio becoming like Salt. Cause it was like Antonio said she'll fight for the top together, but she always seemed so bent on only Salt, and when Kobii tried to give opinions in earlier episodes, Antonio pretty much shot her down. Kobii probably didn't feel that Antonio was doing as she promised, and hence, she acted defiant towards Antonio. To her, she probably felt like Antonio didn't keep her word when it was most probably a misunderstanding because Antonio didn't realise what exactly Kobii wanted. She thought all Kobii wanted to do was jyabu jyabu when there was actually more to it than that. That's why she was surprised Kobii didn't look happy when they were finally going to attack Majijo because she had earnestly thought that was all Kobii wanted. Yes, Antonio's a little dense, and just wanted to provide the best situation for Kobii to able to jyabu jyabu in as well as carry out Gekioko's goal of reaching the top with as much unnecessary bloodshed.

About Gekioko, I think they'll come to a resolution when Kobii comes into terms of being the no. 2. I may have pointed this out earlier, but I'll say it again:
    Years ago, Milky complained about how Sayanee was included in AKB senbatsu and she wasn't. And at that point, you'll be thinking if it was because Milky wanted to NMB's sole no. 1 or did she want to be the top even if meant sharing it with Sayanee. And I think it was the latter, that all she wanted was to be on equal footing. Coming back to MG4, I think this was implemented into the plot because Aki-P knows about all this. In fact, it was something Milky had complained about to him.

Because the Milky now compared to years ago is different. She learned to accept where she was, and matured, that being no. 2 didn't make her any less important to the group. So, I won't be surprised if Kobii goes through the same realisation within Gekioko, that the second in command doesn't mean she's useless or powerless.

And I think Kobii will perhaps realise that when she finds out that Antonio actually cares about her and doesn't treat her as less important just because she's second in command. Obviously, this is more hopeful since I can't say for sure that it'll happen, but I don't think Antonio will be mad at Kobii for ambushing Salt when she finds out about everything that happened in the entire situation. For someone who cares so much about her underlings, what more about her second in command? If anything, she'll be mad at Kobii for putting herself in danger like that. I mean she did almost get seriously injured and could have even died if it wasn't Salt. I think, at this point, she would value the lives of the people she cares about more compared to her own ambition. She'll realise how she's been not being considerate enough about Kobii's feelings, and have been taking her for granted. And it'll end with their working relationship being stronger than ever, just like how SayaMillky helped to bring NMB forward after they both could settle their differences and fight for a common cause.

I mean think about it, in the main cast, in Majijo, Paruru and Sakura got the main casts because they're the highest ranking members there. The 4 Queens are the next 4 high ranking people in the elections. Everyone else who ranked below did the other roles like Team Hinabe, Kamisori and Zombie etc.

They pretty much followed their hierarchy. But look at Gekioko. I actually feel abit for Suda Akari who played Tsurishi for this because she was a very high ranking senbatsu member, but Milky pretty much leap-frogged her and got the more important role as Gekioko's second in command. In other words, that SayaMilky pairing at the top of Gekioko was very deliberate. Perhaps people may think it's merely because of their popularity as NMB's Top 2. And I agree with that, but because they have done that, it's the point of no return, and there's no doubt they'll be bring in some real life allusions to the two because of that.

20. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    hum, since Milky introduced herself as Kobii from Gekiojo, it's pretty much sure Salt and Kobii didn't knew each other before meeting on the sidewalk.

Milky tortured soul to be recognized by her peers ( Antonio) makes her one of the most interesting character in Majisuka, even though she didn't appear that much.