1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Jeez, the continuity of this show is all over the map. With every aspect of this season there have been enough references to imply that it could be the same school. At the same time there have been enough discrepencies to indicate it might not be. At the end of the day, IT IS JUST A TV SHOW!

Is it really going to affect your enjoyment of it one way or another?

2. Laluna

Laluna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    ^its change the name is obviously what producer ueno want, he can change everything in this movie but he never change the basic of story...
    Like sasshi from wota to scandal...

And but the way......
    The sub for eps 8 its a bit slower this week.... I need the sub soo much.....cause my japanese is weak...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    to have bakamono joking about otabe still being around in majijo even after 2 years tells me pretty much it's the same school.

4. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I'm sorry but nobody made a single reference to it affecting the enjoyment of the show. If you want you can check where this discussion began. Another user was trying to create a scenario that could connect all seasons, and I pointed out that we have the "school issue" unresolved that it is probably problem nº1. There is no reference to it making the show better or worst.

Sure, but them I can say that he is using the references to previous seasons just because he wants to joke with fans... That's not a valid explanation.

It's the same situation as with "daruma", "Kojiharu" and others...

First of all, thank you for the explanation.

Anyone that wants to assume this is a direct sequel can do it. We live in a free world (well most of us).
    My position here is this:
    - There are as many reasons to say this is a different school as there are to say it is the same.
    - The problem is that for someone to say it is the same, in my opinion, all things that point to it being different need a explanation. On the contrary, you only need a single evidence without explanation to say it that it is not a sequel.

Regarding just the school issue. My problem is that all the things that identify the school as a school are different. The name, the fact that it is public or private, the flag and the logo. Only the "main name" (if you want - Majisuka Jyogakuen) is the same. All the rest is different.
    Given those evidences then my question is: Why would the creator/director or whoever did it, change all the identifiable marks of the school (with the exception mentioned) and then say it is the same?

5. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    お前、かんがえすぎって。
    you're thinking too much out of this... if i'm not wrong Mori is also a producer of the show right?

6. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Was that directed to me? If you don't use any reference I cannot know if that was directed to me.

7. Laluna

Laluna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Just put it simply and take it simply..
    Its same story same movie and same world..
    But different location, different school and different all that properties of this movie used in reality..

Annnnd now i need something sweet to recover my brain....:rolleyes:

8. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Change name of school, Change name of logo and change name of uniform but Otabe retains the original seifuku... with former actors reprising their roles.- is it not enough evidence that this is the same 'universe'

9. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

@Laluna
    You are free to believe that if you want.
    That was totally a statement of faith. Don't expect to convince many people without arguments.
    Honestly, I'm sorry to say that I couldn't fully understand your statement.

@Center
    I'm sorry for the vague reply but I would need to understand better what you mean by "universe" to properly provide a response.

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    So that means what? I'm not allowed to ask that question? This is just like SOLT/SALT revisited. Why are you so obsessed with being right about this?

My point is that the continuity of this show with reference to the earlier seasons is completely nebulous. Perhaps the writers did that on purpose. They make enough references to connect the shows to one another but left it vague enough to give them freedom with the plot and casting. That could be why things are sort of the same, and also sort of different. At the end of the day nobody is right or wrong. We're all merely speculatiing.

Personally I have always assumed it was supposed to be the same school. But if the writers and producers came out tomorrow and said it wasn't, then whatever. It wouldn't completely surprise me, and it wouldn't really affect my enjoyment of the show.

11. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    man, all this tense atmosphere to show who's right and who's wrong is killing the fun to find out what will happen in the next episode.

It's already hard to extract some thought on a absolutely plotless mini drama, so if we're quarrelling on small things like that, this thread will die before we even start Majisuka gakuen 5 thread.

12. Jokyng

Jokyng Kenkyuusei

all i care about is when the sub is coming out

13. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I'm sorry but why are you using that tone?
    Didn't you asked a question? I assumed that that question was, at least partially, directed to me and provided you with an answer (in a very cordial tone, I believe).
    Nobody said you can't ask questions. I just believe that if you do ask a question it is normal to have your question answered.
    Regarding the scenario/plot you won't find anything from me saying that what you said is wrong (or even correct).

Regarding the SOLT/SALT. Yes, I do care for facts. Just like in this case with the name of the school and flag. Those are facts, and I like when they are taken as such (just like Shimazaki Haruka character name).

Why would you say that I'm obsessed about being right? What I have been doing is a back-and-forth with other members regarding the arguments for each position (same/not the same). Is that wrong? Can't I share my position regarding those arguments, presented by other users, without being accused of trying to impose my view? They can very well do the same (and have been doing - presenting their position).

@Jokyng
    Yes, I think they are a bit late this time.

14. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

So, in my view we had a problem - most of the things said by the characters pointed to this being a direct sequel to MJ2 but all things related with the school pointed in a different direction.
    My question was: Why did the director/producer or whoever, did that?
    I might have found a line of reasoning that explains why they did it and can conciliate the two situations. I will share it here.

Maybe what happen was that whoever created the script wanted to do a sequel to MJ2 but they couldn't use the same school building they used for MJ1 and MJ2.
    Then, to solve that problem, and because they were concerned about the continuity issue, they decided to move the school to a different location (inside the show). To show that the school had moved to a new location they decided to change the name, and, because it was a different school, the flag also had to be changed.
    That could also explain why the uniforms are different for all new students, and why only "Otabe" has the same uniform (she came from the old school).
    Basically, that would mean that this is a direct sequel to MJ2 and the differences found were intentionally put there to emphasize that the school had change location (inside the show, not only in "reality").

Of course this doesn't explain everything, but at least can explain some things.

15. GATX105

GATX105 Member

If the characters point to sequel and the school doesn't, I'd go with the characters. With a different director and writer, there's bound to be some discrepancies and yes, the exact same building may not be available in real life. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they were lazy with making everything match like the school flag and the slight variation in school name and whether it's private or not -- many people won't even remember unless it was pointed out. But you'd remember the characters and who was what. And takamina is of course playing a different character.

Haha, also I think parallel world or alternate universe is too complex for this show. That's more for anime and similar things. But if an official explanation is made whether it's sequel or alternate, then that's what it'll be.

16. sonic31s

sonic31s Kenkyuusei

Why ENG sub and IND sub haven't Hard sub yet ???
    Eng sub were many days late, and even IND sub were same !!!
    SO SAD :cold:

17. Laluna

Laluna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
  18. sonic31s

sonic31s Kenkyuusei

19. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Erm yeah, what I meant by parallel/alternate worlds is so that they can edit characters to their convenience and despite there being inconsistencies, they don't have to explain it as they never stated implicitly that it was a direct sequel. It's not complicated, it's just easy work for directors and producers :p

I'm not necessarily saying that they won't draw links to previous seasons. They probably will, but a logical connection is not very likely. One of the main reasons is the availability of all the former main cast. Cause if they had proclaimed it to be a direct sequel, viewers would be expecting guest appearances from most of the former main cast. Whereas if it was a sequel, but in an alternate setting, they don't have any obligations to fulfill that expectation. If there are guest appearances, then it's just a bonus.

Remember how Aki-P said how they'll only guest if their schedules allowed it? They're all very busy, so when MG4 first started, they probably didn't even know if Mayuyu could come guest star for them. There were probably intentionally many loopholes so that they could easily adapt the script to fit in these potential appearances as well as to let their viewers speculate as we are doing now.

Of course, it's all merely my opinion and I could be proven wrong.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  20. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Wow, so not even keeping spoiler-tabs closed can spare a user from all the spoilers in the conversations about the latest TV Guide "reveal". :fp: I know Majisuka's not exactly the most complex series to date but I'd like to keep at least SOME things as a surprise.

Well then.
    Mayuyu-appearance was basically a guarantee if Center was making one, too - and we know how much the management loves Mayuyu and Jurina. But for the love of god WHY is Nezumi STILL wearing a hoodie?! :yikes: So many things you could do with a character's wardrobe to show she's matured and/or moved on to another stage of her life and Nezumi looks like a wannabe-teenager - which to me personally is just sad, not the :worthy:-effect I was expecting from a Nezumi-appearance.