1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Mao WeiJia / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Team SH Members' started by tezikaki, Aug 1, 2019.

1. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

[​IMG]

毛唯嘉
    Máo Wéijiā
    Nickname: 毛毛 MaoMao(Mandarin romanized), MoMo (Shanghainese, phonetic transcript)
    Gen
    : AKB48 China Audition / 1st
    Birth date: March 16, 1995
    Hometown: Shanghai, China
    Nationality: Chinese
    Height: 160cm
    Blood type: A
    Catchphrase: It's drizzling now, I'm your sweet Mao~

Team: Team SH

Trivia:
    • Appeared in Produce 101 (創造101)(2018)
    • Studied at Shanghai Finance University

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  2. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Note: the 168cm height entry on her Stage48 wiki seems to be incorrect or a typo.

Below is the recent AsiaFes photo taken with Abby (160cm) and Cherprang (159cm) which seems to be about right.

It is already given that they are standing side by side with all three of them wearing slightly elevated heel shoes, but not high toe and heels should give her around 158cm. You can see that Abby is a bit taller than Cherprang, Cherprang a bit taller than MaoMao.

If that 168cm entry is correct then she must be towering over or at least way taller than Abby and Cherprang.. so must be a typo.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  3. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

I just watched the AsiaFes 2019 press conference with her as co-host/MC and representative and I could see high hopes for this girl. That was some very nice MCing skills. What also caught my attention is she got that Minarun/Nako/Rabutan with a side of Naru look or resemblance. She clearly understands and speaks some english really well. I can see why she was voted and appointed as Captain of Team SH.

The other host guy kept calling her MaoMao or MoMo (Fujian) which I guess would be her nickname.

4. maistar

maistar Kenkyuusei

From 创造101 official profile, her height is 160cm.

Her nickname is 毛毛 (MaoMao), but sometimes Team SH members call her 毛队 (MaoDui, short for 毛队长/Leader Mao).

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Thanks, I see and it should be slightly below that, if to be exact and we compare the height there with the two.

6. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

AsiaFes Bangkok Throwback

I can't help looking at MaoMao and Naru, they look like sisters or related..

[​IMG]

7. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

The MNL48 girls confirmed it's MoMo, not MaoMao during their Shanghai AsiaFes interaction with her and mentioned it in InteractiveLive Ep. 75.

I knew it that sounded MoMo during Press Con.

8. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

So what is this? :confused: Screenshot_20190827-182028_Instagram.jpg

9. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

When Sheki called her that MaoMao nickname backstage, she ignored or did not respond to Sheki and said to Coleen that she can call her MoMo and not her full name, then they laughed or giggled it off with that mistake. That's one of their discussion during the episode which I can link to with the timeline shortcut after they uploaded it on YouTube (faster).

It's also on MNL48 facebook videos around 14:30
    https://www.facebook.com/mnl48official/videos/3440813909265661/

Remember, in Chinese there's also Fujian, Hokkien or Fokien dialect way of saying it as I have stated during that Press Con day above post. Maybe she prefers saying it as MoMo, but writing it is the standard or traditional way, which is MaoMao.

In short, you never write it as pronounced in Hokkien that's unusual (ie. traditional/globally/international), you only say it.. so it is written as standard or traditional chinese MaoMao.

Don't get me wrong, the repeating Chinese characters does say or translates to MaoMao, but there's also Fokien which sounds cuter, in this case.

People in Chinese is Rén, in Hookien it's lâng. But same characters = 人 Get it?

The actual hokkien pronounciation is "mômô" or momo if character translated is hair or fur, feathers, wool (repeating)

http://niawdeleon.com/hokkien-dictionary/?searchTerm=hair

Yea, I guess she prefers momo because obviously it does sound cuter.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  10. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

So her nickname is still Maomao but we call her Momo. :XD:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

That is correct. MaoMao is written/romanized and call her Momo. I have updated the bio above.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I am confused. The wiki says she was born in Shanghai, but she speaks Hokkien rather than Putonghua or Shanghainese?

13. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Did you watch the video? Even if not dubbed, it is very clear. As to exact reason why is not sure perhaps some of her fans should ask her.

It could also sound the same as in Shanghainese and Hokkien. hard to find Shanghainese translator or dictionary online to verify it though.

Again, I personally think she only prefers it that way because it is cuter.

As to that Shanghai born thing, you have to also consider family line, parents or migration. A lot of Chinese can also speak both Mandarin or their native dialect AND Hokkien and I know a lot of people.

For whatever reason, it's confirmed to say her nickname as momo and not maomao.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  14. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

that Naru look and dimple smile again.. :blush:
    [​IMG]

meme side.. [hehe]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  15. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  16. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

I think she's getting thinner by the second which imho makes her look frail.

I'd prefer the little healthy maomao (bottom last) like during Shanghai AsiaFes or last year which makes her (look) more energetic and the cutest.

It's like she's a totally different person here *sigh* I hope this is just a phase or that very unfortunate china ncov lockdown thing which makes people there change their daily routine.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Happy Birthday :ome:

18. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Happy Birthday 生日快樂!!! :ome:

[​IMG]

19. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

AKB48TeamSH teamed up with Lawson of China. Proceeds from the sale of TeamSH to donate food supplies and distribute them to local hospitals.

(ctto)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

No Way Man 1.5x speed :^^;:

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1