1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Maria Genoveva Natalia Desy (Desy) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'JKT48 Graduated Members' started by CherryBlossom48, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Hendry

Hendry Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jenniferhanna
    Desi on Ny. Nunung. She appears starting 2:45.

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. Veraunophile

Veraunophile Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jessicaveranda
    JKT48 ofc mag
    that caption tho :^^;:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2017
  3. Hendry

Hendry Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jenniferhanna
    This is her interview from the OFC Magazine:

As the tallest JKT48's member (172 cm), have you ever felt insecure with your height?
    I did. Whenever I wore high heels. I felt confident at first, but people often commented, "Why do you wear heels? You're tall already.". It kinda got into my heart.

So you rarely wear heels anymore?
    Yes. Eventhough I have some pairs of heels and wedges. I rarely wear them. Especially if Kak Melody is around. She'll jokingly say, "Desy, you're so impolite." (laugh)

What surprised you the most about JKT48? You were not really familiar about it...
    I already knew about it. I was already a pro even before I became a member (laugh).

Do you see any difference about JKT48 as a fans and now as a member?
    I used to see Wawa (Desy's oshimen) from far away. Now, I can stand on the same stage. Eventhough we have never been on the same unit (laugh).

You were originally from Cilacap. How did you convince your parents that you wanted to be an idol in Jakarta?
    Well, they didn't know about idol, they only knew celebrities (laugh). Mom already knew that I love JKT48. I put Wawa and JKT48's posters on the wall. I tried out for the audition, but I didn't tell them. I told them when I was accepted, "Ma, I was phoned by JKT. They are the group that often perform with a lot of members on TV."

A lot of member?
    (laugh). Yes, that's what JKT is identical for. My parents supported me. I went back and forth between Jakarta-Cilacap when I was a finalist.

What did your parents say about your career on JKT48?
    They were pesimistic at first. Only the senbatsu team that frequently appeared on the television, right? My parents even said, "Do you make no progress?". I was often asked about this on Cilacap as well. For example, when I went home for the three fingers stamp (note: probably for school graduation), I visited the school and was asked, "When will you appear on TV again?", "I watched you on TV. The one on ANTV when you went to Japan. Do you often go to Japan?", eventhough that was my one and only time there (laugh). They put a big hope on me.

Now you are on the variety show, Nyonya Nunung.
    I'm not the type of person who will tell if it's still uncertain. I didn't tell my parents when I taped for the show. I just told them, "Just be patience. I'll make progress here. But you have to wait."

What was your parents' reaction when they saw you on Nyonya Nunug?
    That is on Net TV. We don;t have that channel on Cilacap (laugh). They have to go to another family's house with parabole. So a lot of people watched it. It was like watching a cinema (laugh).

What about Super Family 100?
    I actually felt inferior compared to Kak Melody, Kak Veranda, Kak Nabilah, and Kak Haruka. Even on Twitter some people said, "Did they send the wrong person? They actually must wanted to send Shania." (laugh). Our manager already told my parents about the taping. My Dad asked, "Lie, I'm already waiting since 6 pm.". I told him, "Not today. Today was only the taping." (laugh). That's why I rarely told them about my taping schedule. I told them when it's ready to air.

Why did your father call you Lie?
    That's my Chinese name, Hong Lie.

What's your target on JKT48?
    This year... senbatsu. Amen. Now I'm also on Nyonya Nunung. I hope it will continue. Not just a one or two times appearance. I want to have more TV appearance. Because the far fans and my parents could only see me on TV. For my team, Team T, as well. Often when we performed outside, people will call, "Melody... Melody" eventhough Kak Melody didn't perform at the time. (laugh).

What do you think is the toughest thing as JKT48's member?
    When I read fans' critics. It often got into my head. Especially because peole often gave different commentaries. Some people would say that the performance was good, but some other would say otherwise. I often thought, I want to please everybody, but that is impossible.

What is Team T's biggest challenge at the moment?
    I think the current setlist, Te wo Tsunaigara (Sambil Menggandeng Erat Tanganku), are easy listening. I'm afraid that people who had come several times will be bored. It's sad if the theater is empty. The challenge is how to make the theater full of people. We make show-off or other inovations so people won't be bored. Also, Team T's members don't have their signatures yet.

Lastly, you have a very long name. What's the meaning?
    My real name was only Natalia Desy Purnamasari Gunawan.

That's still long (laugh)
    Is it? Maria Genoveva was from church. Maria is my baptist name, while Genoveva came from a sacrament. I was named Natalia because I was born on Christmas day. (note: Christmas = Natal, hence the name Natalia).

What about Purnamasari?
    Because I was born during the full moon (note: full moon = purnama, hence Purnamasari). Well, that's what they said. Of course I didn't see it. Gunawan is my dad's name. My parents said they wanted a prettier name, but they ended up adapting the situations.

So they put every situations during your birth to your name (laugh).

Attached Files:

• desy.PNG
      desy.PNG
      File size:
      309.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  4. Veraunophile

Veraunophile Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jessicaveranda

5. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    look what i found, Desy at her dark age fangirl time CLP48

6. YuiNounen

YuiNounen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    lol... ^
    cilacap48 xDDDD
    desy bareface is so pretty <3
    Ce3xsvYUAAExkFh.jpg

7. HangPC2

HangPC2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shintanaomi
    Twitter:
    HangPC2

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      83.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      28.9 KB
      Views:
  8. HangPC2

HangPC2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shintanaomi
    Twitter:
    HangPC2

9. HangPC2

HangPC2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shintanaomi
    Twitter:
    HangPC2

10. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

desrtv.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  11. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

Desy said her parents own a small shop in cilacap (central java), her hometown that sell anything including paper as material to make kites.
    desy klontong.jpg

12. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

13. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

Her pic before K3 concert weeks ago .

desy kaos con.jpg

14. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

She looks like Sonia a bit here.

desyhutri17.jpg

15. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

Oshi, err...Desy tweeted dayz ago she's surfing her pre-jkt old videos in youtube [or this her very thread?] as if telling chronologies of her past dance cover videos posted above by user oniqlo

-Her friend created the dance cover group and desy was invited to be a member
    -At first they were all same grade mate . After a while they decided to recruite the juniors so its kinda the second gen 48 group wannabe
    -They also made photopacks and there were still people purchased them
    -1 pp price was 15.000 Rupiahs [about 1 USD]
    -The person initiated the group acted as manager. They also had a treasurer, almost like a serious organisation
    -At that time modern dance was the trend . They're cool guys.
    -Desy then took the activity seriously and got more deep into 48 fandom.
    -The group eventually got into action at school art show and performed gomen ne summer dance cover
    -They had also performed in a cafe in two different occasions celebrating friends sweet 17 birthdays

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  16. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

published Sep, 14 2017 https://gozzip.id/8830/ has an interview with Desy with the title ”Started as the fan who was inspired by JKT48”

Activities in JKT48
    I do a lot of things. One of them is I’m now in a subunit group, jkt48 band. People only know jkt48 is group of girls perform singing and dancing but we also learn public speaking and there are subunits like band and dangdut unit (local music genre)

Desy’s motive joining jkt48
    I didn’t really imagine to become a jkt48 member. I was a big fan of them. I’ve tried gen-2 audition but didn’t pass and finally successful at gen-3

Dedicating time for the group
    All members dedicate their time for the group. I really felt it when I was a finalist. Since I’m from other province far from Jakarta city. The transportation was difficult. I was taking a bus to Jakarta. It took about 10 hours. Thursday-Sunday I was in Jakarta practicing with jkt48, Monday-Wed in my hometown Cilacap, Central Java with my school preparing the national test

Things want to achieve this year
    I want to be a tv host since I’m not confident yet with other entertainment fields. I wish playing in movie or drama series too. But I think I’m more into MC. Getting recognized so public will become familiar with other faces among 64 members of jkt48

Overall in JKT48, Desy wants to achieve …
    Being on television, senbatsu. Many people will get into liking jkt48 via the songs not just the members

Favorite times in JKT48
    When there’s event with the fans. It really lives up the words “idol you can meet”

For Desy, JKT48 is…
    Family. When I was accepted as gen-3 I was older to my genmates so they’re like my little sisters

Differences after being an idol
    I used to watch jkt48 only from tv. They had inspired me and now being one of them I could inspire other people too

Message to the fans
    Please don’t give up supporting us. We’ve been around for 5 years and have been doing many fun things. We’re open for suggestions for the better of the group. Always support us through many aspects!

17. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

edited

18. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

Her wish to open photopack booth fulfilled in yesterday's Handshake event.
    des pp booth.JPG

19. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

des dkk.jpg
    With jekety bunch.

20. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

Desy's transfomation from early time in jkt till today’s
    deskin.jpg