1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Matsui Jurina (Jurina) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by ithebigc, Oct 6, 2016.

1. waipa

waipa Upcoming Girls

• Like Like x 4
  2. waipa

waipa Upcoming Girls

• Like Like x 4
  3. waipa

waipa Upcoming Girls

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. waipa

waipa Upcoming Girls

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Is she back or is it pre-recorded? I miss her so much...

6. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

Jurina's career is almost done. She might retire from entertainment industry.

As a last resort, she should debut as a pro-wrestler if she wants to keep it going.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  7. waipa

waipa Upcoming Girls

Its pre recorded.

• Like Like x 2
  8. waipa

waipa Upcoming Girls

• Like Like x 4
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Here's a video showing the whole of Jurina's appearance in the show (credit to uploader):

• Like Like x 4
  10. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Wow... This is new for me. But no wonder since she's a delinquent & bad attitude from the start. Whi knows she's also a bully all this time.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    The article summary:

・ Special treatment from the time of debut
    ・ Even when other members move to Tokyo by bus, she is a Shinkansen
    ・ A designer's mansion with a shuttle car and a concierge was prepared for life in Tokyo
    ・Entertainers and bandmen I've been playing a lot with him.
    ・I witnessed a reporter eating at a super-luxury Italian restaurant with an executive at midnight . After enjoying the meal until midnight , board the shuttle car that was kept waiting on the table.

1. Special treatment ... yeah, duh, and happened to other members as well
    2. Shinkansen instead of the bus .... I kinda suspect she might have had more jobs at that time than the average SKE member. (an AKB member once said Miichan took the green car, Miichan responded she did that because it was quieter)
    3. Might be true, but the article provides zero proof (even Miki-chan came out with the fact that she live more luxurious when she was an AKB member).
    4. idem
    5. she ate at an expensive restaurant .... ok, so?
    the part about the good looking young manager is to be honest just inuendo, so she ate with a male .. and the male was her manager, was he her manager because he looked good? who knows, but this article does not provide any evidence

You are frankly drawing to conclusions from an ancient hearsay story from 2014 and then state some things as if they are facts.

and yeah, every time I read some fringe rumour/scandal it's most of the time the exact same member positing it.

ow, btw, I don't even like Jurina.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Both Sakura and Jurina have already graduated now, it's time to let go of this silly hate for Jurina from Sakura fans and vice versa. I could make a comment about the 'bully' statement, but I'll refrain. If you know, you know. Stop caring about things from 8 years ago...

• Like Like x 6
  13. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

Sakura has always been miles ahead of Jurina in terms of mind games and idol politics. She's a protege of Sasshi for a reason. Jurina is very naive compared to the cunning Sakura.

There's more to that scandal, but I'm not gonna comment about it. To Jurina's defense, that's like the only scandal she had. Sakura had countless scandals.

• Disagree x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    As a Jurina fan, I'll just say that I agree that Jurina is naive. Too naive for her own good and career.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

Some people don't like Jurina's personality, but I think she is one of the most innocent girls out there.
    One of my most satisfying moments in 48G is when Jurina beat the hell out of Sakura in tofu pro wrestling and SKK.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. gunsmithcat2021

gunsmithcat2021 Kenkyuusei

Hi folks,

I was watching the 2013 Dome Tour blurays the last couple of days, with all these graduations, and i checked out the Stage48 wiki who attended Jurina's graduation concert in 2021. But no one from AKB48 has shown up? Have i overlooked something? She was an important and integral part of two 48 groups, and this is strange IMO.

17. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

SKE management messed up with the invitations, they even forgot to call Mariko-sama, Jurina's bestest friend in AKB, to send a VTR (even though she was at the venue and was shocked when the VTRs started).

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. gunsmithcat2021

gunsmithcat2021 Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the reply. :) Can't believe they screwed up the farewell for SKE48s long serving star idol like that. Graduations are a beautiful concept that should be cherished.

I noticed that there is still this image of Jurina Matsui as a terrible person, floating up every now and then. I am not a huge fan, but i like her allright. She clearly is not a perfect human, and has her shortcomings, but she gives her best, and supports others. She also has a burning ambition to be the best. These sort of people often get carried away, and end up doing things they later regret. No one should judge her too harshly, especially not based on hearsay. I think there is a kind person underneath the occasional drama flaring up back in the day. Anyone has a history, and that makes them who they are.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think Jurina really struggled mentally in the last years with SKE, and I don't blame her. Imagine feeling responsible for the popularity and survival of a whole group with so many people from age 11. I'm sure it was fun for her at first, and she seems really excited and happy during the first couple of years, but it must have been hard on her.

48 Group in general declined in popularity after 2016 (maybe earlier, I'm not sure - I only found them in 2015), and Jurina seems to me the kind of person who would consider that her own fault as SKE48's eternal centre.

People made fun of her for allegedly telling Sakura "if you don't dance properly, we're done for," or "AKB48 isn't the enemy, we have to beat Nogizaka46" - but in all honesty, in hindsight, she was perfectly right about both of those things. If true, was it harsh to say that to Sakura? Yes. But I also watched AKB48's 12th Generation Anniversary Stage, and there was a conversation between Tano Yuka and Muto Tomu that it was very common in the early days for senpais to scold their kouhais. (Supposedly Komiyama Haruka and Tano Yuka didn't get along for that reason, and it's why Tano Yuka graduated when Komiyama Haruka became Team K captain, but I'm getting off topic)

Assuming it's true that the senpais scolded new members for mistakes, Jurina's comment towards Sakura doesn't seem very out of the ordinary anymore.

And like I said, she ended up being right. If you look at AKB48, SKE48 and even NMB48's latest singles, they're all quite focused on dance. AKB48 has Hitomi, who's been drilled to dance to perfection in IZ*ONE, but even Zettai Inspiration and NMB48's last 2 singles were quite dance heavy. (Not sure about Kokoro ni Flower, I've only ever listened to it and watched the MV like twice, so I can't remember the choreography).

AKB48 literally had a show titled "We've been beaten by Nogizaka", and all 3 Sakamichi groups keep getting invited to Kouhaku, while not a single 48 Group is getting invited.

Jurina was under a lot of pressure and I feel like nobody really listened to her.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I don't know if I'm the only person here who's met Jurina but I've been thinking back to the two times when I met her, in 2016 and 2018 both at Pacifico Yokohama in the days of 48 Group-wide events. The 2016 one was the first such event I'd ever been to so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. Jurina was the second member I met, the first had been Yukirin who looked like she'd just got out of bed and was almost silent, so what would Jurina be like? So with some trepidation I entered her booth, I just said "Konnichwa" and shook hands and she said to me in English "Do you know who I am?" She said it politely but quietely, I just replied with "Yes you're Jurina from SKE48" and basically that was that. However after those first two meetings the rest of the day went rather better (I made sure I greeted each member with their name!) but she was clearly wanting to make sure that I knew her.

The second time two years later was very different. As soon as I walked into her booth and said "Konnichiwa Jurina-chan" she grabbed hold of both my hands, looked at me with strong eye contact and said in English "Do you love me?" I smiled and said "Yes I do" but she didn't reply to that lol. I felt though that she definitely wanted to be loved by fans, maybe it was because both PD48 and that year's SSK weren't far away, but no other member I met that day were quite like her (including Sakura and Erii who likewise were about to enter PD48, I just had 'regular' good meetings with them) so again as with two years earlier I felt that maybe there was some sort of sense of insecurity from her? But who knows. Anyhow that meeting was certainly the most memorable I've ever had with a 48G member and I often think about it, it's a very happy memory for me.

Currently though I'm concerned about what her state of health might be like at the moment, she's been completely silent for a long time (her last tweet was on 4/17). I hope she's OK but it'd be great to hear something from her very soon.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1