TV / Radio Mechaike Dokkiri: Takamina Fake Scandal and Graduation (2014/12/06)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Chanandler, Sep 10, 2014.

1. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Keep seeing people saying "they didn't suspect a thing." no a few of the members definitely did but they decided to roll with it.

Decent dokkiri

2. Starlight

Starlight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Well i'll say it again. She apologised because she called him Gun-chan, which her mother said is inappropriate cos it sounded like she's familiar with that EXILE guy. If you read her 755 message, she fixed the honorifics and apologised to "Iwata san".

Not a big issue but it definitely sounds rude on TV.

I think alot of the younger members are worried about their future with AKB, whereas the older girls are more concerned about Takamina. Not all these girls are in the business for friendships. This episode helped me discover great personalities of some girls.

3. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Really? I feel like Sakuratan is just between a new and old gen. She doesn't know Takamina that well, so she's still sad about her graduating (possibly) but at the same time is scared about the future of AKB and feels a lot of weight as the new center (all the Mechaike members were like "the centers are going to feel a lot of weight"). That's why Sayanee, Milky, Jurina, Rena, Ikoma, Mayuyu, etc. had such serious reactions even though they're technically "older" members.

Yeah hopefully they'll release a longer version like they did with Bakatest!

Me too! I think I've started to like a lot of the girls that were just neutral before this show (like Kojimako, Yuria-yankee, and Ikumin WWW)

4. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I am not surprised that some girls reacted coldly, like Mayuyu or Sakuratan. With this, eventhough they dont really show it indirectly, it is easy to spot who has "two faces", especially the one with usual static, fake smile.

5. makomiki7

makomiki7 Kenkyuusei

I'll say it again too. Kojimako didn't know she was being filmed. This was a dokkiri, do if you remember?
    She thought she was talking to members and Shinobu only. It can't sound rude, she was talking to friends. That's why it's ok.

Unbelievable how you can make such a generalisation. Do you have no shame?

6. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    By Western standards, sure. But quite frankly Japan has a lot of "shared guilt" - if one person does something wrong, the entire group is punished. In Korea and Japan groups have leaders that take the blame for everything when any member does something wrong. Mayuyu and Sakuratan both knew they would suffer some punishment too if a scandal broke out, and it makes sense that Sakuratan would be the most afraid. I don't think that's being cold, it's just fearing what comes next. If anything, this dokkiri makes me think more of them, even from a Western perspective.

I made the same generalization too, and it wasn't really that hard to see in how people reacted... :^^;:

7. makomiki7

makomiki7 Kenkyuusei

Sorry I didn't read your post.

If anyone of you would follow the young AKB48 members you would know Takamina is highly revered by them. Just because Sakura was worried about her center single being cancelled or sales dropping doesn't mean the other members think like that.

So please stop those generalizations.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  8. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Is there a video for this? I missed it xD

9. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Really it doesn't seem like they revere her that highly.

10. makomiki7

makomiki7 Kenkyuusei

Because?

In interviews, on television whenever Takamina comes up. They adore her.

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
  12. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Same reason you said, follow them and you will see how they feel about Minami.

13. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    \
    I am not from any of western country. :p. I came from a country where shared guilt is also strong here.
    When a scandal broke out or even AKB disbanded, it is difficult to see how they will be blamed.
    Why? Because the one who will share the blame would be the leaders of AKB, which is Aki-p and gang and Takamina herself.
    Mayuyu and sakuratan are not even named as official ace of their respective group.
    This is just pure excuse, at best.

Btw, I am not saying they have two faces because they are cold to Takamina. Or I am not even saying that they are who I mean.
    It's kinda "ura ga aru", rather than honne and tatemae, too. Just like how many london heart regular feels that Oozaki Nana has
    evil side behind her back. This is two faces that I mean. I wont name them anyway. And sakuratan is definitely NOT even the one I meant. Also, they are not even young gen member.

14. makomiki7

makomiki7 Kenkyuusei

So you're saying what now? You followed them and came to the conclusion that the young AKB48 members don't care about Takamina.
    Ok you could have come up with something better.

If those young AKB48 members would read that they would cry. No doubt.

15. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    The best reactions for me had to be the older trio (Miichan, Kojiharu, Sasshi), Mayuyu, Sayanee, Sae, and Ikumin by far~

The older trio could probably tell that this was a prank so their reactions were amusing. They were basically making fun of the whole situation. I think the only time where they actually looked like they believed it was when Takamina announced the graduation and gave them all messages.
    Mayuyu showed how a professional idol should react to situations like that. You could see she looked upset but she didn't get caught out saying something self centered like Sakura, and instead kept reserved.
    Sayanee reacted like any leader should, although it got personal when Takamina called her in her graduation announcement that made her cry, you could tell she was thinking about how the group and takamina would overcome such a situation.
    Sae was friking hilarious. It looked like she knew something was up too. She showed concern for takamina but in the funniest way. I would expect no less from such a veteran.
    Ikumin was the cutest thing ever! I don't know much about her but I'll keep an eye out for her in the future, she reminded me of the younger first gen members when they cried haha xD

Overall a hilarious Dokkiri. Takamina should never go bald though....ever. EVER!! :rofl:

16. makomiki7

makomiki7 Kenkyuusei

Yes especially the original members are revered by the young members.
    One thing though. Sakura wasn't worried about the company but about her own center single getting cancelled and lower sales being blamed on her because she is the center. But that doesn't mean all young members think like that. Every member had an individual reaction to the fake scandal.

Anyway my favorite scene was these three gossiping over Minami
    http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/akb4839/imgs/f/d/fd832b87.jpg
    http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/akb4839/imgs/2/1/21691f3e.jpg
    http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/akb4839/imgs/7/d/7d214c66.jpg

17. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    the essence of a dokkiri is credibility. If they failed to make the members believe in the dokkiri, i consider it a failure.

I haven't been impressed. Kojiharu Sasshi and Micchan made fun of what was supposed to be the biggest dokkiri in 48 history.

Morning Musume >Akbingo Dokkiri > Mechaike Dokkiri.

I'm like Sayanee. "It's not funny."

18. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

A typical situation where we have to remind ourselves to calm down and realise that it's easy to judge from our chair. Let's ask ourselves how we would react in a similar situation. Imagine you were told that a classmate or a colleague screwed up badly and that you're going to fail an important test that you studied hard for because of them or that you might lose your job. What kind of reaction would they capture with a hidden camera? It might be much worse than how some of these girls reacted (or the parts that we got to see at least). Some girls are reaching or about to reach their prime in the group so I can imagine a lot of thoughts and emotions went through their head when they heard the news. Sakura's centering a single for the first time (an AKB single even) so of course she must be having a lot of scary thoughts like what if I mess up? What if everyone hates me? What if no one wants to buy this single because of me? What if I ruin AKB? It might sound ridiculous from our perspective, but I'm sure that's how a lot of girls think, they sometimes even say so themselves. That's why it's not strange or "mean" that the single's success was the first think she thought of (they had even just finished some promotional shoot for it right before the dokiri). Either way, you could clearly see that in the end they were all touched and that they felt for Takamina when she was holding her "graduation speech" even if they were angry at her before (I mean Mayu looked so furious at first, it was scary:fear:).

19. mincl17

mincl17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Sakura is not an ordinary new gen member. She's belongs to team A and she too is on the list as next gen ace so she's been with Takamina more frequent than any of the younger girls in that dokkiri, she had been with Takamina more than the team 8 girl who cried so much or Naanya. But with that remark from her, I can say that not everything is scripted. All I can say is that she is still too young to face that kind of situation given in that dokkiri. Most of them acted professionally.

20. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    She's great, acting like that in a 'real' world..
    I would laugh if I become Takamina.. Especially when acting to Nyan-Sasshi-Miichan :^^;:

---
    *My first post* :1st: