Members wounded at handshake event

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonlit

moonlit Member

^a good idea, though it would only work for the theaters.... but I guess that's the only place it would have to work XD

2. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

If someone wants to hurt the girls, they could still do that at stage performances and stuff, throwing 'gas' or 'acid' on stage or something. You can't ever be 100% safe.

This is the danger for the relationship between AKB girls and fans.

If this type of thinking takes hold, if girls begin to become anxious of fans, if more barriers put up between fan and girls...that in themselves show that there is a loss of trust through fear of fans. Then that 'magic' connection cannot be maintained so well, since if the fan knows their girls are always carrying a sense of fear or trepidation whenever they get close to fans.......then it is hard feel close to them.

If AKB and the girls let fear take hold and rule their future between them and fans...well that would be the end of the old AKB. They can pursue lots of security as they must, but the rhetoric of the girls and AKB management and leaders must be of courage and fighting spirit, that they will protect the special relationship with fans....they must present a positive fighting image, regardless....that they closeness is cherished and maintained.....though of course all efforst to provide the best security will be perused (but should NOT be the focus of their discussion with fans).

3. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    And someone could go on a random stabbing spree at a train station or a department store. It happens once in a while. I mean, there isn't ever a way to be 100% safe from crazy people like that unless you lock yourself away in a room and never come out.

Deciding not to have handshake events anymore or preventing fans from having any contact with the girls would DESTROY AKB48. "Idols you can go and meet" is their entire concept.

4. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    No amount of security will stop a motivated individual or group to cause harm. As a society, there is always a risk we take to function as one, and participating in events that involve large number of people that may include individuals who are psychopaths and / or sociopaths is one thing we as a society do. It sucks when an aberrant incident like this occurs, but we have to be careful to not be too reactionary and jeopardizing the essence of what it means to live in a society. Minimizing risk is always good, up to the point where it actually costs us in other ways that matter more.

I wish everybody involved speedy recovery, physically and mentally, and I hope for a sense of normalcy to return quickly.

5. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    The handshakes I went to, the halls were extremely warm and I had to take off my jacket to stop sweating profusely. I agree with your suggestion, when you get to the "waiting area" (ie the last few metres before the girls), you put your bag, jacket etc in something like a hand basket, and that gets given back to you once you're through. It's actually extremely common to see baskets in restaurants and even fast food places like McDonalds for your bags. Hell, they even had us put our bag etc on specific table for our 2shots, so they could do the same with HS events. I'd much rather it than being in some prison drama with this plexiglass crap :rofl: like HRP I'd probably give up events entirely if it was so ridiculously separated, I HATE talking to bank tellers etc through that stuff, let alone what it would be like with an idol you want to meet. The SNH barriers seem fine, it gives the girls the power to approach you rather than you approach them.

6. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    I also agree that we should probably shut down this thread until something more concrete is announced about the events.

I especially don't want to see any more posts suggesting other ways the members could be harmed. It's really not appropriate and it's kind of disturbing given what's happened.

7. tsuru

tsuru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    And what prey tell is wrong with prison dramas? All they have to do is put the girls in Majisuka Gakuen 3 cosplay and we're all set. :p

(In all seriousness though, yes, plexiglass would be ridiculous.)

8. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Thread closed until further notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.