1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Members wounded at handshake event

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Can somebody translate Yuko's post please? The auto translate doesn't make a lot of sense.

2. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

This is an incredible event. Apparently all activities will have a temporary stop (http://ske48matome.net/archives/38306831.html)

Please don't only pray for the girls. pray for the staff and all the fans involved. This was a tough day for everyone there.

3. L4verra

L4verra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaya
    Twitter:
    L4verra
    First Sasshi gets death threats and then Ricchan and Annin get injured...I don't understand if the senbatsu election causes THIS much tension but when an innocent young lady gets rushed to the hospital, something is wrong with this system.

The physical recovery will be fine but the psychological recovery is something that I'm seriously worried about. This is going to take weeks, if not months, to heal.

I give my best wishes and prayers to Ricchan, Annin, the staff members who got injured, and anybody else who was traumatized during this disaster.

4. t-motion

t-motion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    Wowwaffless

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

small, pocket-size saw maybe

6. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    If it was really a saw, I'm a bit relieved. I think it's far more difficult to cause serious wounds with a saw than with a knife since you usually can't stab with saws, just cut...

7. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

This is horrific. I can't imagine the trauma for Kawaei and Iriyama, and for the other members as well. I just hope that something good can come from this, that this event will act as a catalyst for not only AKB48 fans, but all idol fans, to realize the idiocy of "hating".

8. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
  9. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
  10. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

no matter if knife or saw, its the violent act and the psychological issues that are going to kill the trust of members towards the audience

Please do keep in mind, that this guy has mental issues and there is no protection vs. lunacy and terror, unless you go with airport-like security check ups. In fact, its amazing that the system went without accidents for that long.
    So, if they want to avoid this from happening in the future, they need to totally reinvent the system.

What bothers me is, that everything nice and beautiful the fandom does is now overshadowed by this. I can foresee the news in non-japanese media "fanatic stabbed members of weird otaku band".

11. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

For Ricchan and Annin case I doubt it has something to do with the elections, since they didn't rank well anyways in the prelim to have triggered such rage.

12. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    I don't think being negative about a girl in their threads has anything to do with someone trying to kill members with a saw.

13. AKBree

AKBree Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
  14. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Now expecting some girls (or their parents) to start considering if it is worth still being in 48G....

15. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Please (out of respect of the other members here) stop spreading rumors. If something is confirmed, the news outlets will report it. All information we have at this point is in the OP.

16. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    OMG..i never thought this news is true but it is!!! 1st time i heard in this cheerful world of idols.. so creepy.. korea n japan got the most super freak,weirdos, lunatic fanatic fans..

*btw, i love japan n korea though but i kinda hate how the fans treat their artist/idols, stop being delusional.
    hopefuly this guy got mental problem, not someone who heart broken, being rejected by the girls. :explode:

17. Drunners

Drunners Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    joeriko
    This happening is just a major shock... Really hope that the ones who got injured, fysically or mentally, make a quick and full recovery. The changes this will create regarding security one can only speculate about for now. But i fear that the "idols you can meet" will be a lot harder to really meet from now on. I know its a bit early but will this have implications for Yuko's final concert?

18. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I'm absolutely horrified by this and hope the people affected will recover.

Not just AKB48, I think all parents of idols are going to be thinking twice now. Especially "underground idols" where there's rarely even security at events (seriously, I've been to events where there's maybe 2-3 male adult staff in a room with idols and fans) and it's much easier to have contact with the idols.

Rightly or wrongly, Japanese people definitely hold the belief that their country is safe, to the point of it being normal to leave your bags, phone etc on a table to "reserve" it in a cafe while you go to the toilet or whatever. Crime just doesn't happen nearly as much. This is going to be a real big shake-up.

19. Ernietheracefan

Ernietheracefan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I hope the victims will have a speedy recovery..

20. Andi Ilham

Andi Ilham Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui02
    Twitter:
    darkshinescales
    FFS! why no METAL DETECTOR or KIND OF THAT in that venue??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.