Members wounded at handshake event

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    I feel sad for the girls, staff and for the fans… They all have to suffer….
    This is bad. Get well soon.

2. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    It might be one nutcase out of millions, but that is one too many. Hating girls is not on, anti are not on, something like this is just... I have no words for how wrong it is. I am just relieved they will be physically ok - in terms of actual injuries it could have been so much worse.

Sorry for rumours HRP, it's surprisingly difficult not to comment when the subject is so emotive. I also wonder if any will graduate due to this. There is only so much security they can have in purely practical terms. They are not like an airport, they don't have the facilities.

Hope they recover quickly, both physically and mentally.

3. Kaze211

Kaze211 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    NHK News

if the video does not show watch the video here

Get well soon Ricchan. :(

4. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    Handshake events are worth a rethink anyway.
    While they are more than nothing for real life interactions with the girls and they bring the sweet money in, they are hard to handle with this popularity/hype of the AKBfamily.

Management should rather encourage interactions between fans and idols more on the internet and at small Anta Dare-like events... These are ways they don't use at all or just a little currently (except Sasshi on twitter... : p).
    And yeah, these are not hardcore wota friendly, direct ways to meet with the girls but whatever. The environment around the group has changed during the years, the group should change too.

Hugs for Ricchan & Annin. o/

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  5. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    And I always thought Black Metal is war ... I can't get how someone gets the "brilliant" idea to harm people because he don't like their music/image or else . Even if no akb member was injured , "only" staff , it's sick . Somebody has got some serious problems ... :eek:

Send from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

6. AKBree

AKBree Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^Not specifically Ricchan, let's hope all of the girls and staff involved get better. It affects everyone after all.

7. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

This is insane!!!!!! what a jerk!!!!!
    poor kawaei and annin! and all the other girls who was there!
    you think they will stop with the handshake events???
    this getting too dangerous

8. Suppy13

Suppy13 Kenkyuusei

Its news like this that shocks the system and reminds you that there are people like this in the world. He was obviously suffering from psychological issues and treatment for mental disorders is frowned upon in Asia as it's deemed better to just "deal with it". The pro is that an incident like this will lift the stigma somewhat and make it easier for people to get treatment. Also security systems will probably be more heavily reinforced for events like this not just for the 48 groups but for every idol group in the nation.

Reading Wens blog really puts it into perspective of how chaotic and frightening this event would've been for everyone involved. Yes security was lax but they probably didn't expect this to happen at all, and the few untrained staff at hand that were nearby did their best to deal with it. Thankfully the injuries weren't fatal or too severe, but I think the damage has been done.
    The psychological trauma this could cause not just the people directly involved but potential everyone could be huge. Lets hope the girls, the staff and the fans pull through with this and lets all support them as much as possible. Screw getting votes and placements making the girls feel safe and positive is the most important thing now.

9. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I feel so upset. I know everyone involved will be alright but still there's no reason to go about purposely injuring people. Who would carry a minisaw to places anyway? If it was one of the more popular members that will be even worse. Will pray for Ricchan and Annin's safety :(

10. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i'm shocked. Riichan, who is always cheerful, joyful, full of smile, happy, everything that makes people happy...

hurt by a saw in handshake? It just doesn't make any sense....

Not only trust between fan and members will be broken, but handshake venue will have drastic change security wise.
    And of course, people are gonna think that fans are crazy over their girls....

Not a good day for AKB fandom. At all.

11. Krusha

Krusha Kenkyuusei

Honestly there's nothing wrong with handshake events. These are the core events of 48G that they've always had, and put so much focus on. So removing them would be disastrous. Instead they should reconsider security, and what goes and what goes not into these events. For example banning items you bring with you etc. I am merely thinking outloud. At any rate this is one incident in many years, including many other idol groups. So it's not as if it's a trend or a pattern. But even if it's just a one-time occurance, staff should reconsider security measures.

At any event, like I wrote on H!O, I hope the attacked girls are OK, both physically and mentally. And that goes for the staff member as well. I hope they're all able to return in good health, and good spirits, and able to continue as they were. It would be too sad if something like this were to end what they enjoy doing. And I also hope the best for the other girls that were there whether close or from a distance, experiencing this chaos. And to those staff members who helped out, and the girls, like Miichan and the others who also helped the other girls in this situation, my warm thanks goes to them.

Let's all hope this will just be a distant memory as soon as possible, and that everything can get back to normal.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  12. espiloin

espiloin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    This world nowadays so many ppl with hate n grudges. Why can't they just look at the bright side towards living. If they hate other ppl so much y not just end their own life save lesser troubles. Hope all the staffs involved are all safe n the right punishment for the culprit...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

13. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy
    This is seriously something really sick. Seriously, these girls are barley adults and have only been in the industry for a couple of years, how could someone injure them? Physical injuries aside, i'm really worried for everyone's psychological effect. Those in the same lane must be really, really traumatised as well. And to hear that K's stage is going on as per normal (as of just now) is really saddening..

I hope everyone's alright. Seriously, no one deserves this treatment..

14. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

Why Yuko deleted her post?

15. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    The human-trash is going to get charged with attempted murder.
    Source: NHKG

16. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Maybe it was getting to much attention and hate at the same time. I'm not sure.

17. espiloin

espiloin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    Are there any updates of the injury of rich an and annin? Also the male staff tat got injured too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

18. moonlit

moonlit Member

#getwellRicchan #getwellAnnin #getwellStaffsan
    points for missing security. People directly at the lane are the usherers and/or people with timers, generally controlling the queue flow, so I doubt anyone of them has any training since in theory it is unneccessary. Most are also probably parttimers or something. At least the feeling I got from the one Paruru special when we see the HS.
    It is unfortunate and regrettable. I do hope that everyone recovers well mentally and physically.

19. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    *nods* K are reading Kobayashi Kana's birthday letter. They are so happy, and in a few minutes (I guess they will tell them after the show?) they will be so upset.

The girls always support one another whenever times are tough. They will come together and look after each other. I wish it wasn't needed.

20. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Please don't assume the guy had mental issues of any sort. That tends to lead to "most criminals are mental!" and that leads to "if you have mental problems, I need to be suspicious of you". He could be 100% sane with no anxiety, depression or any other common (or not so common) mental illness. That is also rumour fueling, and can be offensive to those who do have mental illness conditions. (I've seen a few people saying this and it needs to stop)

While nothing like this has happened, I believe a girl was shoved once before. Another time, black powder was thrown into a girl's face. While nothing like this has happened, other problems have occurred. Metal detectors as well as forcing people to place their bags in a designated area could help, as would hiring more security (I'm all for making events shorter if it means taking more time to check people - the girls are worked hard as it is, so if anything shorter times are more beneficial to them).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.