TV / Radio Mexican Drama: L.I.K.E.

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Show up the resident Mexican here
    HE REALLY HAD DONE IT!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well, at least is just one member... still he will make into a 4 member unit...
    Well... a RBD like group will be a sweet breath of fresh air, the pop music here has degenerated into a state that everything is cancer...

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. nyahappii

nyahappii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    mikeyspacejdot
    Man, AKB has been to USA twice, and now a member will be in Mexico for a year.

Canada sure doesnt get any 48G love, huh.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Tchu

Tchu Kenkyuusei

I thought this was a really cool idea but I don't like the idea of a member being absent for a year. That's going to damage any kind of momentum they might have within Japan. It would only be beneficial to those who may feel they have nothing to lose.

4. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I can't think anyone more fitting than Tano or Noza. It depends on the role I guess.
    For a more badass character, Tano will perfectly fit there, combine it with her face and body type.
    For a cutesy character, it is time to expand the Nozaworld travel to Mexico.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I think they’ll send Yukiko since she’s half Spanish

6. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Tano's “kind of latin” vibe is if anything a reason they wouldn't pick her. There's just no point, they might as well get a local.

Either way I doubt she'd apply in the first place, her career is taking off just fine already.

And Yukiko has been out of 48G for years :lol::confused: what are you even talking about

7. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Perfect plan to get rid of Sasshi... ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    As a Mexican... I’m like eeeeh?

It’s not like pop music has degenerated so much that almost everything is reggaeton nowadays... I guess as long as we don’t have a freakin’ reggaeton soundtrack everything would be somewhat ok

But it would be catastrophic for a girl’s momentum if she’s on the rise. They can’t send anyone younger than 18 either, it’s easier to send someone who is of age. It would be also better if she’s a girl with sex appeal since mere cuteness doesn’t cut it in here. Who would they choose anyway?

I mean, Hayano Kaoru and Yuuko have visited here but this is completely different from a concert or vacations in Cancun post-graduation. It’s a 12 hour flight from Tokyo to Mexico City where everything will take place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    How about Tano to take this job? She had not good result last 2 sousenkyos & she's like more popular outside Japan but does she still have stage drama jobs?

10. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Whoever joins I'll watch it regardless to support them, so I'll wait for the member to be announced or the auditions, etc. what television network will these be on?

11. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    She’s the likeliest candidate indeed. Pedro Damian, the producer, has expressed interest in her in the past, and her features are both pretty and easy to blend in in Mexico. But one year? I’m not sure I’f she’d benefit from that unless she doesn’t mind going the Gon and Chikariina route and becoming way more popular outside her country, which WILL happen.

Still, I’m not fond of the Mexican narration style for telenovelas... if they get writers akin to Club de Cuervos’s it might be nice but if it’s the standard issue writers I might not like it much xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. fuyuchan1609

fuyuchan1609 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ogino Yuka
    I feel Canada isn't open as USA for groups like AKB48... especially Quebec.

13. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    NI LO DIGAS!!!
    DON'T SAY IT!!!

14. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Crazy. But, if it did ride on the RBD wave, I wouldn't mind it slightly. I actually did like their music. :^^;:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Do we know if this going to be like a telenovela or just a regular weekly show with a beginning and end? Also, do young people actually watch telenovelas?

16. Himecchi

Himecchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Omg yess!! :omfg:
    I'm from Mexico and Rebelde was a really big hit among us, even after the end of the show and the separation of the group.

If this drama will be somehow like it, the girl who participate with probably get really good recognition.

I remember that a few years ago Aki-P reunites with Pedro Damián, the producer of this show "Rebelde", and if that reunion was because of this new drama, then I really hope that they choose a girl that really wants to come here and not just some random already known "face".

Also back then, the group that whas known as RBD got some international concerts, and thanks to the show, quite some people started to get some recongition even if they were just come "current character", so I really hope that the girl who is chosen gets good recognition :flower:

By the way, I'm trying to look for news about this new drama but I can't find much :wtf:

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. aquaticdragons

aquaticdragons Kenkyuusei

I was honestly hoping that the announcement was for a mexico 48...but oh well, at least there was something.
    While I don't think several members will consider doing this project, I do hope that whoever decides to go and is chosen does meet a few criteria.

The following are what I would look for in a girl, some might seem petty. I apologize now if anyone is offended by my opinion.

1. She has to be at least 5 feet (That means no Tano) because I think the rest of the cast will be 5' and over so it would be weird to have a girl too short in the mix. Plus if the girl is too short she is probably going to look more like a child than a young adult and it will be visually awkward.

2. She has to be pretty. I know people see Iriyama as a beauty, but I disagree. Anna has more of a zombie look to her, I don't think pilling on the blush on her will help. She always looks bored.

3. She has to have a good speaking voice (so no haruppi, I love her cute voice, but I don't think it would go well in a Mexican drama). It's going to be a drama about young adults not little kids.. (15 would be considered young adult).

4. Has to be an adult (there are a few girls who I wouldn't mind like taniguchi megu, ichikawa manami and nakano ikumi, they seem to have the height, pretty, rosy cheeks, and a good speaking voice, but are not adults in japan. Well ichikawa and megu are by western age).

So with that criteria, I think from AKB, Kato Rena and Okabe Rin would be the best choice. I don't think captaincy or senbatsu status should discourage girls from trying something new.

While there are only a few details about the drama, I don't think it's going to be like "Rebelde" If anything this might be a remake of dramas like "Muchachitas" [Teenage Girls] from 1992, which already had a remake in 2007 "Muchachitas Como tu" [Teenage Girls Like You], "Soñadoras" [Dreamers], or "Amigas Y Rivales" [Friends and Rivals]. If it's not a remake of one of these dramas, then I wouldn't doubt if it is heavily inspired by them.

These 4 novelas were produce by Emilio Larrosa, so even though the stories are different they are very similar. The stories revolve around 4 girls who go to school (don't remember if high school, or university students) trying to achieve their dreams. However, they each face different problems, socializing or connecting with other people or facing an illness bulimia/anorexia or drug addiction. The four characters can be describe as:

-One is rich but shy and humble
    -Another is middle class but hard working towards her dream
    -Another is either rich/middle class/poor and has family/socializing problems, escapes by becoming bulimic/anorexic or drug addict
    -And finally the poor character, who wants to be rich, and lies saying that she is rich or does anything to get things worth a lot of money like jewelry.

The four characters may start off as friends, from the get go, or some of the characters may not like each other at first but then get to know each other and finally become friends. While being good friends the girls will meet their love interest if they don't already have one. Some of the girls will probably have the same love interest which will create tension in the girls friendship.

Here are the intros to those dramas

Muchachitas (1991)
    if the video does not show watch the video here

Soñadoras (1998)

Amigas y Rivales (2001)

Muchachitas Como Tu (2007)

Pedro Damian's works include Quincenera (as director), Primer Amor (remake of Quincenera). The age goes a bit younger than Emilio Larrosa's novelas and its about two (one rich and one poor, rather than 4) girls going from child into young adolescents (girls who are turning 15... rather than young adolescents into adults), experiencing love and other things. Miss XV was also produce by Pedro Damian and it's a remake of Quincenera but with three leads rather than two. Since Miss XV came after Clase 406 and Rebelde (also produced by Pedro Damian), it also had a hetero musical group. Clase 406 and Rebelde focused on both the female and male characters and the leads formed a group.

If this new novela has a group, then it will probably be 8 members, 4 girls and 4 boys. I think Damian likes even numbered groups. So be ready my guess is this novela will probably make her character a rich, shy, foreign exchange student. She will have a love interest. BE READY THERE WILL BE KISSING INVOLVED...NOT FOR THE WEAK HEART.... lol

Here's the intros for the dramas I just mentioned

Quinceñera (1987)

Primer Amor: A mil por hora (2000) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnlkY8ySHEw

Miss XV (2012) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WS3dXH2R0g

Clase 406 https://youtu.be/ayRStoAnNkY

Rebelde https://youtu.be/H1WfmQ2E6SQ?t=3m09s

Anyways, I don't know why I wrote all of that but I think this new novela will be a mix of everything mentioned before.

18. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    I must admit some of the openings had me rolling xD
    But wow thanks for all those information ! So basically it'll be a teenage drama ? I hope it will be entertaining so I won't have to force myself to watch it :')

• Old Old x 1
  19. Himecchi

Himecchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yeah, there's a high probability for a teenage drama.

Actually, most of this type of drama usually get quite a lot of episodes and sometimes they get a second season and even a third (well, but that also depends on the producer and popularity and that stuff), compared to most asian dramas that they are about 12-26 episodes usually.

Sometimes the dramas here get a little annoying on certain parts and at some point you get bored because the arc it's really lengthy or because the protagonists are being really annoying or dense. But in general, usually they are good dramas, they have good plotline, eventually even if they are kinda clichè, they tend to catch you a lot, and well, I hope you like it when it comes out :flower:

20. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Haha don't worry in general I give between 4 to 7 episodes for a show to convince me, and if I didn't dropped Empress Ki despite its 50 episodes & one boring arc I think I can handle a Mexican tv serie ;)
    But thank you~~