1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    It's simple, we love Miichan. The other wotas hate her.

2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Hmm, I don't think/hope it's that personal
    To be honest ... imho ... the snapchat thing ... it get's pretty annoying after the novelty wears of.
    And I can understand other's just want to see their oshimen as they really are, just like 'we' (i probably should say I) want to see Mii-chan as much as possible in a performance.
    (and yeah, if someone would alter/replace her head every time she was visible .. i think I might get a bit miffed as well :) )

3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Going by other threads on this site, a lot of people dislike Miichan because she's an "attention grabber" and "makes everything about herself". While I don't see it that way, what she did in the KFC performance, may support that idea by antis.

I thought it was funny, though ^^

4. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    If it was any other member people would find it hilarious 9___9 Other members say or do worse things and they are forgiven, but there is already a predisposition to hate her. It seems like 4 years later people can't get over it.

As for the attention grabber argument, every girl in the group wants attention. They just are awful on Miichan because apparently she is the only one who doesn't deserve to even try to get a better place. What a joke.

I say ignore the antis and let her have her fun. She's not hurting anyone, she earned her place in the group and she has worked very hard. Let her troll.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I don't really understand why people feel the need to bash other people's oshimen :/
    Sure, I have AKB members I like, AKB members I'm pretty much neutral about and yeah, there are one or two I really don't care about.
    But that's just my opinion, I don't feel the need to share that, but obviously some people feel very strongly about it.
    I guess they rather have a plethora of pretty looking girls without much character in stead of the quirky types ... :/
    You can't argue about taste.

6. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I agree. I don't see the need to dislike or outright hate anyone, and I would consider myself a DD with a few favourites~
    Let's just not care about the haters, like Ashitaba said ^^

7. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Well the app filter was really unnecessary and while others are putting up cute filters, Minegishi was putting up her face and it covered 100% of the performing members face. So that was maybe a little bit overdone on her part.

But on the other hand it made my 9 hour wait for the AKB segment worth the moment. Gave me some good meme material too.

Then Keya top that with the octopus song lol

8. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    It is very cruel for Miichan to steal Sasshi, Mayuyu and Sakuratan the few seconds they have in front of the camera.
    Their fans do not have opportunities to see them frequently, since these poor underrated girls do not get major roles in dramas, do not get their own programs, and dont get support from the administration.
    Surely this app filter took the staff by surprise, as we all know that in these shows nothing is scheduled, everything is improvised live

These 17 seconds will surely destroy these girls idols career

Shame on you Miichan!

• Like Like x 1
  9. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Was this meant to be sarcastic? lol

10. Mako is my Waifu

Mako is my Waifu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    :lol:
    Cool story, bro.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well played Sir, well played ;)

You are familiar with the concept of a Poe? Because I had to check your Oshimen for a second there :)

12. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Thumbs up! ;)

13. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I'm sorry, I do not know anything about it. My knowledge of English is limited

14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I don't think you do yourself justice there.

But this is what's known as Poe's law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

15. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

Thanks for the link! I now understand the reference.
    It is very adequate, since the fanaticisms of the Wotas are almost of the religious type.

16. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    https://myjitsu.jp/archives/25828

Miichan's Tanabata wish

"That no one graduates"

Goes to show how much she really loves AKB tbh

Also, they referred to her as "the last fortress/bastion".

They also mention a sense of urgency or crisis since so many girls are graduating, and by her being the longest running member she has seen more graduations than anyone else, which fuels her wish for no more girls leaving.

And now for my opinion.... She knows AKB is not doing its best and the more girls leave too soon the worse it gets. Maybe it's one of the reasons she hasn't graduated yet? Maybe she feels like she has a tremendous responsibility towards the group, that she can be of service by staying as long as she can to help it hold up to the changes. She really does love AKB more than it loves her.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  17. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

^ Yes, that would make sense. Maybe she should be a bit more selfish sometimes...well, she's Miichan, after all, she can't help it. ;)

18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    God that makes me sad. She really is amazing... I think too that she really wants to see AKB doing well, she knows what it was like in its prime. We all probably want to see it do as well again

19. SDK1114

SDK1114 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  20. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

To be honest, I always feel good seeing the girls leave AKB and going on to other pursuits. It's natural to graduate and move on----like graduating from high school. The AKB lifestyle is obviously a very restrictive one. Take the whole no dating thing. How absolutely bizarre is it for 17 to 22 year old girls to have no guys in their lives. It's so unnatural. Plus, it doesn't seem as though a lot of the girls, other than the stars, make all that much money while they are in the group. I understand the friendships and the comaraderie but true friendships last as long as you want them to, whether you see your friend everyday or not. And being in the group must get a little boring, as well---singing the same songs and doing the same dances in the same venues over and over. Once the excitement of being on stage wears off, it must all become a little tedious. We all miss the girls who do graduate but that's just our selfishness manifesting itself. Whenever a girl decides to leave, my first reaction is always ''good for her''. This is strictly from a fan's point of view, of course. It must be so painful for Miichan since these graduating members are like family to her. I assume my opinion will not be a popular one.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017