1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Lol .... Zukki(?) Yuiyui writing 'Green Frash', that's such a predictable (and understandable) error to make :)

Btw, Miichan is thoroughly enjoying all the screentime she's getting :D

edit: I just can't tell Yuiyui and Zukki apart if they aren't together :(

btw, I'm going to mention it again... it really seems to me Miichan's bunny teeth are more pronounced recently

FYI: all graduation items seem to be in stock again

Aki-P and Lilly Franky will appear together on TOKYO Speakeasy
    https://twitter.com/TokyoSpeakeasy/status/1385186725455179776
    And now I wonder if they'll maybe talk about Miichan as they are both surrogate father figures to her and Miichan has gone on record that Lilly Franky is a real friend ;)
    (remember, he designed that election poster for her)

Miichan got compliments (about her dress) from her Grandma on LINE :)
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1385245109084590084
    =================
    盛り沢山な1日。 おばあちゃんがラインで褒めてくれて嬉しかった。会いたいなぁ... 今日もお酒を飲みませんでした(501日目)
    ------------------------------
    A lot of days. I was happy that my grandma praised me on the line. I want to see you ... I didn't drink alcohol today (Day 501)
    -----------------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I guess this is the grandma that promised to protect Miichan when she was bullied at school

(ow, and she and Miichan's parents should have a special seat during Miichan graduation concert imho)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane

if the video does not show watch the video here

3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    As part of an official YT digest of bonus movies from Takamina's gradcon which have been released today on the AKB48 Video Warehouse, there's footage of Miichan's emotional announcement that day at the start of the video:

Miichan also appears talking backstage (with Yukirin having some makeup done behind her!) at 5:28 but before that there's a performance of 'Hikoukigumo' which includes a brief no3b reunion and Miichan giving Takamina a quick shoulder massage at the end. :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    The way Takamina looks at Miichan at the start ... there's a real bond there, like a proud older sister watching over her sibling (and stepping in to help)

btw ... Tano Yuka trying to hit Takamina under her skirt with her towel... :)

They used some really nice clever tricks to have Takamina a somewhat matching costume ... as she hasn't been of stage at this point since the start of the concert

if I'm correct Nyan-Nyan's and Miichan's baseball caps say カントク 'kantoku'

Takamina was thoroughly enjoying herself :)

edit: the caps much have been merchandise, as you can see audience members sporting them as well

btw .. the old soukantoku butting heads in a sign of affection with the current soukantoku, Miion clearly love Takamina as well

btw, we all know Takamina loves nyan-nyan, but I notcied she somehow always (well, most of the time) turns to Miichan first

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    A new release from the AKB48 Official Shop, on sale from tomorrow (4/24) at 6,500 JPY:
    https://shop.akb48.co.jp/selection/detail/91738

AK-024-2104-74285_p04_500.jpeg

There's also an example pictured for Naachan so I assume there'll be some for other members. The size is 500 x 500 x 140 mm which IMO makes the price quite reasonable. (If they do them for Komi or Zukkii I'd love one but at that size international forwarding might be expensive.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan's twitter
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1385643259037241344
    =========================
    今日はしのぶさんがお家に来てくれて衣装の打ち合わせなどしました!スペシャルアドバイザーとして陽菜とさっしーも来てくれて結局昔話で盛り上がった夜。。 今日もお酒を飲みませんでした(502日目)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Shinobu-san came to our house today and had a costume meeting! Haruna and Sashii also came as special advisors, and it was a night when the story was lively. .. I didn't drink alcohol today (Day 502)
    ---------------------------------------------
    It's really happening, isn't it? ... less than a month now

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just been watching an edition of =LOVE's show 'Kimi wa =LOVE wo Aiseru ka' which was broadcast tonight and Miichan appears on VTR at 28:50 with a 4-minute long message about the MV for 'Shukipi' (credit to uploader):

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Kh411S7NA

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    AKB48 has had to close their theatre again due to increased state of emergency in Japan, seemingly until early May. I hope things do actually calm down and this poor girl won't have to deal with another postponement... :cold:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    New column by Miichan
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1386520976137936897
    ============================
    コラム更新☺︎ 自分の容姿について考え方が少しずつ変わってきた時、昔言われた言葉をふと思い出したのでそのことについて書いてみました。ぜひ。
    --------------------------------------------------
    Column update
    When my thinking about my appearance changed little by little, I suddenly remembered the words that were said in the past, so I wrote about that. By all means.
    --------------------------------------------------
    There are words that has been stuck in my head for years.

It's not that I've forgotten them, or that I've tried not to remember them. There are words that I have kept quietly hidden in a place where I can retrieve them at any time, and then, as an adult, they suddenly come back to me. As a child, I couldn't understand the meaning of the words, so I would just give them a little nod so as not to interfere with the conversation, but when I finally meet them again, they are etched in my mind once again.

It was about 14 years ago, when AKB's activities were still mostly limited to theatrical performances.
    Iwasaki Natsumi, Akimoto-sensei's chauffeur at the time, said something to me while giving me his impressions of that day's performance. It was about my "face", the root of my complex. I can still remember shaking my head many times in my mind and vaguely agreeing with her positive words, as I gazed blankly at the empty audience seats.

I still remember shaking my head many times and vaguely agreeing with him on the surface. My nose is short, my teeth are misaligned, my eyes are protruding, I'm puffy. There is no end to the list of things I dislike about myself. I was so depressed that I couldn't lift my face to the top of my head when I lined up with the other members who had perfect faces, as if they had been born to be loved by the gods

"If only I'd been born with a face like hers ......".
    I thought over and over again. I prayed. I blamed my face for my lack of popularity.

And then there was the slander on the internet. From the simple "you're ugly" to the more subtle "if only you had a good face", I spent my days self-destructing by launching suicide attacks against irresponsible words that were put out there without thinking they would reach me.

I have to try. Braces, beauty treatments... the amount of money I spent on my face was incalculable.

"I'm not as good as others, so I have to work harder.
    Since I thought that, I've done a lot of things. Braces. Coloured contacts to suit me. I've had beauty treatments and injections to reduce the fat on my face. The amount of money I've spent on my face is immeasurable.

I've given up trying to get eyes that are positioned a little further back, like a heroine in a girl's comic book, or a profile with a straight nose, or a short midriff(?), but little by little I've come to accept my face.

Looking back, it wasn't all the things that money could buy that gave me confidence.
    It was a simple "I like your profile" from a childhood crush, or "I think I like your naked eyes better" from a friend who wouldn't lie to me. I couldn't be honest when someone said "I want to have your face", but secretly it saved me.

I love my face now and I got what I wanted thanks to my troubles.

I'm not a beauty for everyone, but thanks to this face I look good in clothes with a slightly different design. You can find me in a crowd of people. I can be remembered. I've even got my own joke, Gachapin, and I hear that people who like me like me a lot because of my quirks. I like my face a little bit like a delicacy.

Thanks to my lack of confidence in my face, I've been able to be sensitive to the pain of others with similar problems, and I'm grateful that I've been able to arm myself with words to save my complex mind.

Those words 14 years ago. Now I can accept them without denying.

"Minegishi, the day will come when you'll be happy with this face."

I can touch my head just a little bit to the words said by Iwasaki-san now.

I think I'm happiest now when someone cares for me and I can admit to myself that I'm happy to be me.

I could have Hashimoto Kanna's face, but what would I do? But compared to 14 years ago, when I thought "I want anyone to replace my face", I'm definitely looking forward.

It's a small word in a small conversation that the person who said it has probably forgotten.
    Now that we've finally met again, I'm going to put it in the box of things that matter.
    Miichan has grown so much ... and I'm glad there were people, like Iwasaki Natsumi, along the way to get her where she is today, if even with just a simple remark.

fyi: Iwasaki Natsumi is the author of "Moshi Kōkō Yakyū no Joshi Manager ga Drucker no "Management" o Yondara" aka Moshidora, of which the protagonist, Kawashima Minami, as most of us know, is based on our real life Minami
    To be absolutely honest, when they announced the concert(s) my first thought was, hmmm, isn't it a bit early, but I'm sure it was a calculated risk.
    I think I'd vote for a postponement if the alternative would be a concert without an audience ... that would be the absolute worst outcome for me, an online event without the ambiance of the fans
    But we'll just have to wait and see, fingers crossed

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, now breaks my clog (wooden shoe) (dutch saying indication surprise)

I just noticed you can pre-order Miichan's graduation articles on CD-Japan as well

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    On the one hand I'm really happy you told me because now I will definitely be buying that hoodie – on the other hand, it was a good excuse to save that money [hehe]

12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Hmm, now I kinda feel guilty (and responsible) :/

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Nah, it's not like you forced me to [hehe] I did want to buy them from the original place but didn't have a payment method. It's meant to be that I can buy this hoodie

• Like Like x 3
  14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Today was the second part of Acchan's visit to Miichan radio program and Miichan took a photo
    (and it turned out to be a two-shot)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Yeay .... a new YouTube video ....

now that's what you call a large steak ....

anyway ... I hear concert list, she mentions Shinobu san and Sasshii

anyway ... she mentions the elephant in the room
    =============================
    皆さん、お元気ですか?
    コロナ感染者がまた増えてしまい、エゴサをすると「峯岸の卒コンできるのか?」という呟きを度々目にするようになりました。
    ファンの方に見守ってもらいながらのコンサートができるのか...私自身も不安はあります。
    だけど今は進むしかない!
    お肉食べて、元気出して、今日もリハーサルに行くのです。
    久しぶりに雑談系の動画を撮ったら言葉がスラスラ出てこず、YouTube力の低下を感じました。次はもっともっと楽しんでもらえる動画を!
    これからもお付き合いください。
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Hi everyone, how are you?
    The number of people infected with corona has increased again, and when I do an ego search, I often see murmurs of "Can Minegishi's graduation concert be held?
    I'm not sure if I can do the concert with my fans watching over me... I'm worried too.
    But for now, we have to go on!
    I'm going to eat some meat, cheer myself up and go to the rehearsal again today.
    It's been a while since I've made a video of us chatting, but the words didn't come out smoothly and I felt that my YouTube skills were deteriorating. Next time I'll make a more entertaining video!
    Please keep in touch with me.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    I would really, really hate to see Miichan's concert without fans .... :(
    I'd personally rather see another postponement ... I can wait, but I guess that's selfish

btw, I suspect by now she really is the member who has the longest period between announcement and graduation :/

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    The bunny teeth reappeared. My oshi is back

• Like Like x 1
  17. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Yeah, to be honest this is so much more Miichan .... I suspect she has facings
    I remember, what is it 3 years back? I was in Japan and saw her new teeth back then, I was really quite shocked ... and it took some getting used to those

they are not as pronounced as they used to be .... but now she does has that mischievous smile again if she wants, little hamster face :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, that explains the size of that steak .... :)

As an aside, why do websites use pictures that are positively ancient?
    I know copyright is a thing, but for sure M&S or Production Ogi will be more than happy to provide promotional images.

(same with Wikipedia, the Japanese Wikipedia has a much better image compared to the English one)
    (ok, just checked... the Japanese version is older ... but still better imho)

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    As far as I know, you are only allowed to share images you have actually taken yourself. I'm not sure where the English wikipedia image is from, but you can see for example that the Japanese one was taken at an airport in Taiwan, by a fan most likely. Akimoto Sayaka's English wikipedia picture is also from a film festival, Maeda Atsuko's is from a movie premiere, Komiyama Haruka's is from a concert in Jakarta, and Kato Minami's wikipedia article doesn't have a picture at all (not even in Japanese). Most pictures are taken abroad because of how strict they are with recording footage at AKB48 concerts and in general the fact that they don't really seem to get papped.