Miyawaki Sakura (Sakura) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Nov 27, 2011.

1. heartereki

heartereki Kenkyuusei

She just said on the Saku no Ki before last (or maybe the one before that) that she wants to continue being an idol for at least 5 more years.

2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    IZ*ONE Eat-ting Trip 3 - Special message from Sakura (English subs):

if the video does not show watch the video here

EDIT: 'bis' magazine has just tweeted that Sakura will be appearing on the cover of the July edition to be released on 6/1:
    https://twitter.com/bis_web/status/1392135734165790720

This is the only image in the tweet:

E1HVPgrUcAIpb69.jpg

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    So HMV just (mistakenly?) posted a preview of ViVi magazine that is to be released on May 21, which include the page that Sakura is in, and it includes this phrase:

IZ*ONEの活動期間が終了し、
    HKT48へ復帰。そしてつい先日
    卒業を発表した宮脇咲良
    さん。

After finished activities with IZ*ZONE, Miyawaki Sakura returned to HKT48.
    And she just announced graduation a few days ago.

https://twitter.com/HMV_BOOKS/status/1392659925621301249

sakura.jpg

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. Imaizumi_Izzu

Imaizumi_Izzu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Oops.

• Like Like x 1
  5. budokanlife014

budokanlife014 Kenkyuusei

And HMV deleted the tweet. This is a bad look for all sorts of people.

6. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I actually put the image in my original post btw, because I knew the tweet would be deleted.

9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Apologies I didn't see that, I've amended my post.

• Like Like x 1
  10. atheistium

atheistium Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Sad for her that it got leaked, happy for her that she's gunna announce and can go onto new things.

Honestly, the last 3 years has shown that Sakura has grown massively and her cute clutsy self could appear fake after how perfected she was made to look in the Kpop machine. She just will look out of place.

I'm looking forward to more Kkura honestly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    Even though I agree with the fact that Sakura should do what she wants, including graduation, I do think that, if this graduation thing is real, she has effectively killed any chance of there being a project like produce48 ever again.
    No agency is ever going to agree to something like this again when their top idol/talent deicides to graduate and pursue other paths right after.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I agree somewhat, but I also disagree a little.

First, I want to say that Sakura is free to do what she wants and I don't think she should be blamed if that happens.

That being said, I think there will still be collaborations with K-Pop because even if Sakura is now leaving 48G, she will have made money for them in the past three years through her activities in IZ*ONE. IZ*ONE sold sooo many CDs, they've become one of the top sellers of the 4th Generation of K-Pop. The agencies only get a cut, but they surely must have made quite a nice cut – considering 3 of their girls were part of it. They earned three times as much as 8D Creative (Hyewon's agency) or WM Entertainment (Chaeyeon's).

However, they will probably reconsider sending someone of Sakura's popularity. If Hitomi also decides to graduate, it won't really hurt AKB48. She's not had a massive fanbase and despite being in AKB48/Team 8 since 2014, the only A-side she was part of was NO WAY MAN. Sakura is a different story, she was not just one of HKT48's most famous members but also very prominent in AKB48 with a few AKB48 centre positions under her belt. That's gonna hurt them.

I don't think 48G will collaborate on that scale again any time soon, but other J-Pop groups probably will. But just pretending they would, they probably wouldn't let Oguri Yui, Okada Nana, Yamauchi Mizuki, etc., go. Neither would HKT48 currently let Miku or Nappi join a programme like that. However if it's someone like Suzuki Kurumi, Saito Haruna, or any of those girls whom only AKB48/48G fans know, they probably wouldn't mind.

TLDR; they'll probably still do stuff like this but not send the big guns.

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. rozy sebelas

rozy sebelas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    We Will have to wait and see the Lineup of Mnet new shows 'girls planet 999' which rumored to have 48 & 46 girls in it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    English-language article from ARAMA Japan:
    https://aramajapan.com/news/sakura-miyawakis-hkt48-graduation-apparently-leaked-by-hmv/113399/

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

Sakura mentioned she would be announcing something next week on Saku no Ki. She said it wouldn't be big.

Speculation is that she plans to announce her participation in the upcoming HKT concert on Saku no Ki. Then she will announce her graduation at the concert. Soon after the magazines would drop and the media blitz would begin.

Kind of puts a damper on the concert if these predictions prove true.

16. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

For as much as it is a plain truth that Sakura can do what she like it feels a bit lacking in decorum that less than a month after returning from her foreign exchange style program with Izone she's giving HKT the Bye Felicia treatment (harshly enough that the media already knew she intends it and could leak it to boot). Could she really not have waited until I don't know the end of summer for the announcement and sometime this fall or next spring for the last hurrah grad con or something like that? Also is there any confirmation that the reason she's leaving is to keep doing K-pop related activities or are people just jumping the gun on that?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I don't think so. 48G, or at least the old 48G (not sure about now with each group becoming independent) is actually pretty okay with member who wants to graduate, even top member. Of course with top member they do try to persuade them to stay, but contract wise I believe nothing preventing them to graduate. If they decided to do another Produce48, probably every member can try it out, but between whether top member will join / willing to join or not depends on the business deal around it. One of the reason that 48G join Produce48 is because AKS has a stake in it and it was actually management that want top members form 48G to join.

It wasn't leaked by HMV. Basically ViVi gave them promo material to online stores to promote the magazine. Not only HMV received that pic, but Amazon, 7net, and probably others also received it. You can find the same picture on the respective stores online page. So the one that careless is ViVi and maybe from the Sakura side too. Maybe Sakura side didn't want to give the exact date on the grad announcement (want to keep it a secret) but by doing so, maybe the person in charge selecting the picture for promo material thinks that she already announced her graduation. There was probably a miss communication somewhere that leads to this "leak".

It might put a damper on it, but it might actually not. With this "leak" I actually see a lot more people interested in this story and waiting what's next. I'm pretty sure a lot more eyes are paying more attention to that concert vs before the leak. I'm personally become interested in it because of this leak.

It is one thing about announcing graduation and another thing about the actual graduation. Sometimes from the announcement to the actual graduation can take a lot of time. Having said that, I think Sakura will not stay long in the group simply because she probably has a bigger opportunity elsewhere. Even if Sakura want to stay a bit longer, that opportunity might not want to wait for her that long. Personally I will not blame her if she just want a quick graduation (and actually think that is the better choice), but I will respect her more if she is willing to stay a bit longer because staying longer (like until the end of the year) is probably the more difficult choice career wise.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  18. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    She has no obligation to stick around at the expense of her own ambitions
    Why should she wait months to announce it, when she already wants to go?
    Why should she push her whole life forward a few months, when she doesn't want to be in the group any more.

Also the kpop rumors are bcs for one a lot of her fans want her to continue on in kpop and bcs there was rumors a few months ago about her joining HYBE

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Off topic:
    Considering the auditions were held in Korea, some names would be highly speculated by now, because the interested girls would had to observe a 2 weeks quarantine after coming back (this can't go unnoticed).
    I'm 90% sure, no NMB members are joining nor HKT48 ones. They were very busy at the audition time.

+ if so, this time Vernalossom would be more carefull about negociating the contract conditions.
    So no more things anounced before hand to only have them washed away the day of the final show.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  20. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    From a buisness perspective I agree, from a moral standpoint I don't.

Yes it's true that for her career it might be (no guarantee) better to stay in Korea, however this means that the promise that she made to return to HKT is going to be broken. A lot of people counted on her return, not just fans, but members to. Although we don't know for sure if the members were also already informed but giving the press weeks of advanced notice of her graduation also feels like a betrayal towards the fans who were waiting to see what she could bring back from Korea to HKT.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 2