Single MNL48 4th [Kimi wa Melody ~Ikaw ang Melody~] (2019/07/26)

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I actually love the terno they wore. Sure, it looked like it was bought or rented from a local boutique, so what? Wasn't the concept Filipino attire? I'm happy the works of a Filipino designer, whether a prominent one or a "nobody" was featured.

And while the coffee shop setting feels like a let down specially when you hear that this was just a plan B, it still worked out well. The contrast of the terno and the coffee shop actually worked.

And seeing the girls, all dolled up in their terno, eating street food, was simply surreal.

It was a good music video.

For the benefit of non-Filipinos, terno is a traditional Filipiniana attire worn on special occasions. The ones worn by the girls were not the kind of dress girls from a century ago would have worn everyday. These ternos are something you'll see in banquets, the May Flower Festival, and other special occasions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

The MV quality is passable as a 48g MV but looked low q because of how grand the other Kimi wa Melody MVs are.

I feel like no heart is put in the planning. Most likely, everyone knows it'll be hard to get permits on those grand historical places. They should have done this months ago to avoid rush and NG locations like this. I mean Coffee Project?! Lmao

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. algae27

algae27 Kenkyuusei

The cafe is passable IMHO, the flowers in the background kinda help bring more festive feeling and complement the dress. And the dresses are pretty enough for me. Is it because I'm seeing it from outside Filipino culture so I don't understand storebought dresses and custom made one? Nothing beats AKB's KimiMelo isshou quality yet in my opInion.

But the high building setting looks so empty tho.

• Like Like x 1
  4. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    why everyone think the MV is bad ok is not colorfull and don't have a great location for the shoot but in the positive side is a chic concept and I love the fact that they dont have the same pattern as other group.

the girls are beautiful
    the MV is beautiful
    the center is a center material

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Objectively, the coffee shop setting was NOT bad at all, and it somehow made the concept interesting in another way: classy traditional gown in a present day coffee shop.

It only feels like a let-down coz we are aware that it could have been in a heritage place had HHE planned and prepared better and earlier (I acknowledge their effort but come on, if permits were applied for earlier and were disapproved, then other heritage places could have been used and not a last minute plan B).

6. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

I wouldn't be surprised about those who have too high expectations. Heck, most MNL48 fans particularly the new ones who are still not familiar with the 48G system are just plain clueless and expecting too much with the likes of General Election Center equals Center for the Whole Year and Team Kai Gai is a mandatory thing and against the will or decision of those AKB members.

They should have at least do some research first before they start bringing out pitchforks or write their demands on their twitter handles or names (°www°).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  7. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I have been a fan of 48G for almost a decade now but I can't blame those new fans for having some of those expectations.

The election perks from last year was announced to be good for the year, at least for the "center girl" which to be fair, HHE did give to Sheki. Thing is, it seemed that time that it may apply to the whole senbatsu. Since if HHE can veer off from AKB's only one single centership prize, then why not for the whole senbatsu?

And even this year, if you watch the credits of Ikaw ang Melody, "MNL48 2nd Year Senbatsu" was used. Sure, we now know the election is only good for one single but HHE itself is making things confusing.

As for kaigai, while it is not required but fans can't be blamed for expecting. All other international sister groups before MNL48 has/had kaigai member/s.

Before blaming the fans, whether new or old, maybe expect and demand more from the management first. Afterall, more should be expected from them since its their job.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Yes, it's really a coincidence but it is still the AKB members decision to kai gai their way to the international sister groups. I'm not picking sides, but before blaming management they should look up how kai gai members journeyed their way to the sister groups.

This is like with the case of Center for the whole Year expectations with Aly since it seemed Sheki reigned over for the past year, but technically she was being picked or pushed by management apart from being the first single center. I can't blame them because obviously Sheki is an ace and true center material.

9. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Just watched the MV and I have to say this is an upgrade compare to Igai ni Mango lol. The only thing that I don't like is the lighting for the coffe shop set. It's a bit too dark and give weird image for some member, like how Abby (I think that's her) looks evil in her beauty shot. Overall I guess it's passable as an MV from 48G. Now the cover is another thing that I don't really like, it feels cheap and uninspired. I'm hoping by the next single they could have like a little photoshoot session or a more capable design team to create good cover.

10. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Sheki really has a good voice. Regardless though, if we rewatch the election result announcement in Showtime last year, they clearly said that the center girl was good for a year. Though of course, some of the supposed rewards weren't really given. Like how the kami 7 were supposed to go to Japan for training but it didn't happen. Instead, management opted to send favored members (in total, more than 7 members) to Japan, while may be for non-training reasons, still leaves a bad taste that 3 from the Kami 7 weren't sent to Japan.

Anywho, going back to Aly, yes, no one should expect from management to retain her as center. Heck, management can be a jerk and decide to exclude her from the 5th single's senbatsu if they want to. Still, simply labeling the Ikaw ang Melody senbatsu as 4th Single Senbatsu instead of 2nd Year Senbatsu would prevent any confusion or expectation.

11. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

From what we have witnessed last year it looks like HHE already knew Sheki's capable of leading the girls aside from her skills and talent. We wish all centers can be the same. Hey, Aly did good and hope she learned a lot from this and still working hard.

I don't know about sending the Kami 7 to Japan for training, but sometimes the fans are putting words on HHE's mouths, at least that's what I have seen and read so far. We can also agree that their trip to the last AKB election was not part of that so called training trip since no training ever happened there.

Anyways, they did manage to fulfill this somehow, but it was the other way around and for the whole group and not just Kami 7 (maybe it was a better idea)..

Moe Sensei sent to MNL48 Dance Studio for training:

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Rewatch the prize announcement in Showtime last year to see the trip to Japan for training prize for kami 7.

And again, in total, HHE sent more than 7 members to Japan within 12 months after the last election. Sure, it was not for training. Sure, it was good for the group that the choreographer was brought here instead. Still doesn't change it that HHE had the means to at least send all kami 7 members to Japan (may it be not for training) but opted to give the opportunity instead to some of their favored members.

We're going off topic now so this would be my last reply regarding this.

Just to wrap it up, with all the decisions and actions by the management so far, fans can't really be blamed if they are critical toward the management.

13. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Last minute changes I guess, HHE just started last year with the girls and probably still trying to win over fans. I'm not defending HHE, but I can still understand the change of decision, perhaps to cut costs and other financial reasons. Regarding favored vacation trips, that's another case and story.

Yes, just to be clear.. not ALL the fans.

It's really surprising that they are still using the failed Kami 7 japan trip to show or argue how biased HHE is. That is one and done already last year and the last minute decision where they got to train all girls was even better. It's time to move on with that Kami 7 japan trip and we can still be critical to the present issues.

14. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Coz its the clearest and best example.

Other than that, though would be another discussion coming down to how much we trust or doubt HHE would be the line-up for the Asia Fest. Lets not discuss it here.

Point is, there are examples of HHE favoring certain members, giving misleading info or statements, needing some improvement in planning (considering the plan B for Ikaw ang Melody seemed like literally on the spot), marketing, and other aspects. With all these, it really is difficult to put the blame on fellow fans for actions and expectations that are rooted from HHE's actions.

15. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Favoring or pushing members has been on the 48G system since it all got started. Fans have to deal with it whether they like it or not, or just stop patronizing the group. HHE just follows, it's that simple. Like it? stay, Hate it? leave.

If they know that this is how 48G rolls then I'm sure we'll hear less complains because that's how they operate. One thing I can't blame them though where some of them are surprised and their first time to encounter a group with tons of members but that's the downside to it.. push, push, push.

Going to Plan B was out of their reach and you can call it mismanagement and not broken promises. I'm sure they would like to have that Plan A location shot as well because hey, who doesn't?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  16. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Anyway, the digital card or music card will have 16 kinds (all senbatsu members) and it will be random. I asked the staff last Seitansai if we can order a complete set but they said that we can't since it's all random. I'm not sure if they're gonna pack it to be in a blind bag or just like the photocards where everything is faced down (or inside a box where you can't peek).

During the talk segment in the seitansai, they revealed why Kyla was wearing a different kind of Filipiniana dress compared to the others. The dress that she was originally gonna wear had some last minute problem so they had to go with what she was wearing in the MV. They didn't reveal if it was a stain or some tear but I'm assuming it's along those lines. A lot of the scenes in the video only needed one take to finish, that's why they finished the video within 5-6 hours.

Undergirls performed Gingham Check in the Seitansai as well and I think they did really well. Coleen carries herself well as the center but Lara caught my attention the most.

Aly is turning out to be a good host (not great yet like Sela and Ruth among others) but she's a fun and cute host that livens up the mood.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    And complaining about pushes, overpushes, shafting fan favorite members, underpushing members, are all part of the 48G fandom for more than a decade. Fans are not obligated to like every management decision. Ok with fellow fans doing it? That's nice. Can't stand it? Leaving is an option

19. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Not even a discussion, doubt it or not they are holding auditions for that. Some management pushes? maybe, it's their pick and in short not covered by the general election anyway.

That's right, in the end it's still a business after all. Like it? Buy it. No? Buy something else.

20. Najivus

Najivus Kenkyuusei

Please stream the Ikaw Ang Melody music video. Alice said in the latest iLive episode that they need to reach 500k views soon. Hopefully, HHE has a nice surprise for the MNLoves if they reach the target.

• Like Like x 3