1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    In the past, the AKB48 blog has a title TOKYODOMEまでの軌跡 which has loosely been translated to “~Road to TOKYO DOME~” so I wonder if for MNL48 it could be “~Road to MOA Arena~” or “~Road to Araneta Coliseum~”. Its just a thought. [hehe]

2. geloboi0830

geloboi0830 Kenkyuusei

I just found this from the official page of MNL48 in facebook. :D Now, where are the Filipino wotas out there? Come on guys let's celebrate! :D

Anyway, where do you think will the theater be located? I read about the Hallo2 theme park months ago. It is said to include the theater for the group. But I have no update regarding on where it will actually be located.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Aside from media, I hope the church won't meddle with this. Everyone knows how conservative the church in the Philippines is, considering that there will be minors (girls aged 18 below) who are expected to be involved in this group.

It says here that the color is a color of a popular orchid in Thailand.
    http://thefanboyseo.com/2016/03/26/mnl48-manila-pop-idols-coming-soon-in-the-vein-of-akb48/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2016
  3. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

If they have plans hitting mainstream, then hooking up with a network is almost a given. They can survive with just the theater, but they won't go anywhere without a network.

Also, the church doesn't need to "meddle" with this group because of its culture. Even J-culture fans are mostly dismissive of localized Japanese style groups. And besides, having our own group means it will be up for scrutiny by everybody. I think it would be a wise move for us fans if we start having thicker skins.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TakaErepyon

TakaErepyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    As a filipino, I'm super excited for this, but i'm super worried because knowing Philippine entertainment they need a network in order to go mainstream. I honestly rather have abs-cbn, just because I feel as if with the network having ASAP they could become regular performers unlike gma, in which they have sunday pinasaya.

5. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    They also get screen time in the US if they go ASAP.

6. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    I really shocked also about the AVP announcement..
    But your question is where the hallo mall located.. Situates MNL48 THEATE
    R..
    Its around the vicinity of aseana city in paranaque .. My student in online said to me .. Its near in nobu and other establishments.. In the said area..

7. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Not to sound too pessimistic but did management do any research on the countries before they decide to expand there? Filipino entertainment/culture is different. They probably saw the success of SNH and decided it was a good idea...

8. dunkindonato

^
    ^
    Aseana City is near Mall of Asia. It's along Roxas Boulevard at the border between Pasay and Paranaque.

Although I didn't know that the Cool Japan Mall will be built there, I think there will be an Ayala Mall there (probably to go against MOA).

Still all speculation though. The mall itself might not be ready for a few years so the group once formed, might perform somewhere else.

At this point, we don't really know what happened behind the scenes. I think whoever approached AKS about this knew whatever it is they're getting into. Understanding the risk/reward of any business venture is basic to these people.

We'll just have to wait and see.

9. TakaErepyon

TakaErepyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    That would be super beneficial, but I wonder how fil-ams here in the US will fare. I know many of my fil am friends are usually very iffy about very poppy groups like AKB. I just hope they're very well received. It would be a shame to see them disband early, especially since they won't be the kind of girl group that PI isn't usually used to.

10. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Yeah, I'm still wondering where because there's a plan to make Resorts World near Solaire and a mall across City of Dreams as part of Aseana City's master plan so that area will get busy. I'm not sure where Cool Japan Mall will be placed.

11. dunkindonato

They'll treat them like they treat any other Filipino act that goes there, popular or not.

And let's not think about "disbanding early". I mean, they haven't even formed yet. I know some of you have mixed feelings about this, but making this work is as much on us as it is on them.

12. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    I'm all for it l, if it means I get to see more of Sasaki Rikako (ANGERME) types in the groups. Hell, I may find relatives who'd end up being there. But they're gonna have to be close to SDN in terms of image.

13. geloboi0830

geloboi0830 Kenkyuusei

Then it should be PRQ48 (Parañaque48) instead of MNL48 haha

14. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    A theater in every district, that'd be nuts.

15. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

You ask me, the group will have to use JKT as a reference.

16. Akimoto Sayaka seems really excited. I am too, but I'm a bit worried because of everyone's opinions. I don't know anything about the industries in those three countries and always automatically assume that management have done their research, but they always love to defy logic.

I understand why the whole giant idol group concept wouldn't work in some countries. I couldn't see a GBN48 (Great Britain) anytime soon. To make things worse, I get the feeling only certain types of people would audition because it would be advertised as some 'weird Japanese group' rather than what's becoming an established force (I swear Aki-P's going to take over the world some day XD) A bunch of cute girls in cute costumes would just be advertised as a 'pedophile' group and the sales would die so quickly, you wouldn't even know there was a Britain based 48 Group.

We badly need a mature group since SDN were done so dirty... Maybe instead of explicitly describing MNL48 as 'sexy' they could just do an automatically more adult image. It doesn't even have to be sexy, it would just be great to see a group stem away from the 'cute' image and add in something more different (Like original Team A, K and B were all 'freedom', 'strength', 'idol-like')

And for Christ's sake, hire a song writer or something and work on some original songs for the foreign groups! I would listen to JKT48 and SNH48 if all their music wasn't just covers of the Japanese songs. If they were more original, then I'm sure the sales would be higher.

17. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

SNH sales and the speed it sell out is actually really good by chinese market standard tho. Anyway SNH new single are all original songs~ :> short previews already came out. People prob posted it in the SNH thread

18. geloboi0830

geloboi0830 Kenkyuusei

There are actually girl groups here in the Phililpines with the 'adult' image. And I'm disgusted with those groups. I'm rooting for a more cute, fresh image of MNL48.

19. liakyan

liakyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Twitter:
    idollia
    I'm actually really excited for MNL48- my friend told me that her cousins in the Philippines are fans of 48g, so I bet they're excited about this group too. I bet it'll make a lot of people happy!! I can't wait to hear their sound... each sister group has a different kind of sound to them, so I'm very excited to hear what they sound like ^v^ best of luck to the girls who become MNL's first generation!!

20. C o c o a l i e n

C o c o a l i e n Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I am Philippines and I am excited for MNL48 but at the same time, I'm worried ... Well... K-POP is much recognized here... I wonder if they are going to use Taglish :^^;: I want them to sing in Japanese tho ;)
    Because of MNL48 , it makes me want to live in Manila lol
    I hope they open AKB48 Shop too ... :blush:

I want a cute image too ... I wonder if many will join ...
    Mostly Filipinas are Beautiful not Cute though :^^;:
    I prefer a cute girl but is mature ~

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.