1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Mori Kaho (Kahotaru) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'STU48 Graduated Members' started by ithebigc, May 10, 2017.

1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    201705_mori_kaho.jpg

森 香穂
    MORI KAHO

• Birthdate: June 1st, 1997
    • Birthplace: Mie-ken
    • Nickname: Kahotaru
    • Blood Type: B
    • Favorite Food: Steamed bun shaped like a maple leaf
    • Recommendation in Setouchi: Megijima/Ogijima

2. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Haven't seen much of her yet, but I stumbled into her Sailor Fuku stream, and it was really cute! Though I think she was wearing a wig? I'm pretty sure she had a long ponytail. She looked beautiful!

3. ET920

ET920 Member

Too much to say about her, since I've been following her for the longest time. Some of the images have been uploaded here, some I linked to my Twitter (disclaimer).

Before STU48 Audition
    • Belonged to Twin Planet Satellite (TPS, a branch of Twin Planet, the agency Suda Akari joined). In order to apply for STU48 she arranged her contract to end on January 31.
    • Her fans attach @teamかほたる (team KAHOTARU) at the end of their name to promote her. Some still attach a few other stuff like her name, her nickname during the application process, or her entry number (森香穂、しみたる Shimitaru、43).
    • Back when she started her SR stream she didn't actually mention a last name, she just presented herself as Kahotaru. Her old SR was in the model/talent branch, but in order to promote herself she arranged moving it to the idol branch. So, when more 48G fans came and started asking about her name, she started using Takanashi (小鳥遊) as artistic name. Contrary to Kurumin, she used to give her real name when she had to sign up for something like job offers and contracts, so a few knew listeners knew about it.
    • Has a driving license. Since she lived in Mie and had lessons in Osaka (around 100km, the agency is located there) she had to travel by train or car there. She would sometimes broadcast from a bus or train stop, or inside her car in a parking lot (my avatar is from a time she broadcast from a bus stop).
    • Natural airhead, sometimes she would err the train she was supposed to take and end somewhere else at 2AM, so she would find herself a 24 hour karaoke box and broadcast for a while from there, then spend the night there.
    • Likes sports, although she hasn't been able to practice much lately. Won a badminton tournament and a marathon (even though she suffered a fissure while running). She's always talking about how much she'd like participating in the Sports Day. Hates losing.
    • By the time she quit TPS, she was their broadcaster with the most followers, surpassing Harurun (even though Harurun had well over 1000 more followers when I started following them). Her room level was also well over L200.
    • In order to become "strong" in SR you need to befriend other broadcasters as to join forces for events. While Kahotaru was friends with several, her two best friends (with whom she spent a lot of time together) are nono and Piyomaru (with whom she did a joint broadcast). She still talks with nono by phone, and goes to her SR after midnight (although she doesn't participate, she goes logged out).
    • Contrary to Harurun, she hates to cry. She tries not to give in, but a few times she couldn't help herself (final day of Kami no Ma event, and on the last days of her old stream).
    • In order to clearly differentiate from other broadcasters, she implemented two behaviour during her previous SR: she would blow a pan flute when newcomers arrived so that team members would greet them (contrary to 48G members broadcasters get just one or two dozen new people visiting, so they need to appeal them immediately in order to get a new fan) and at the end of her stream the one ending in first place would get a their name engraved on a trophy. She gave up on the flute during the audition, but still awards the trophy at the end of the stream.
    • As a proper SRer, she greets other non-48G broadcasters that come to her room, and thanks fans for gifts, especially if thrown consecutively (10 octopuses instead of 1 bear for the same money).
    • Even though her oshi is Ogiyuka, she wants to be like Sasshi.
    • Just like many other SRers, before or after her broadcast ended she would go to her listeners's broadcasts to spend time there as listener. However, as she applied to STU48 fairly stopped doing so because 48G fans wouldn't understand that type of relationship.
    • She designed three avatars for her room. The last one (the octopus) was approved 3 days after her room was shut down due STU48 application.
    1001899.png 1002425.png 1002611.png
    During STU48 Audition
    • For the STU48 application stream she rented a hotel room as to not bother her family and to focus on it.
    • As using real names was forbidden during the audition, she asked all team members to use @withたる (@withTARU) as name suffix.
    • Before the audition started (and back when she didn't actually know if she could apply) NGT48 member Otaki Yuria went to her room to get her avatars, she then told Ogiyuka to go fetch them. While Yuria greeted Kahotaru, Ogiyuka didn't. Also, 16 gen members Sato Minami and Harima Nanami used to go to her room and fan room to greet her. During the audition, they both went to offer her support.
    • Even though she lost her first 3 or 4 events, she started a winning streak that wasn't broken by the time she shut down her room. During the STU48 audition event she defeated Harurun by over 1.8m points, becoming the first broadcaster able to defeat Harurun. During that event she received 114 Tokyo Towers, a record for any 48G member.
    C7FlP60WkAE81hf.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Subscribing to this thread just because she is Kahotaru.

5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

This is like the third post I see that's like this from you from the STU member threads I've watched and FYI, there's something called a "watch thread" button

6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I know but I like to drop a comment too

7. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    lol wut...this is getting ridiculous :^^;:

8. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Showroom's 48 hours
    that was awkward ^^; especially when they were cooking

if the video does not show watch the video here

9. ET920

ET920 Member

The good thing was that they got extra time instead of the planned 1 hour. The bad thing was that I missed the first 20 or so minutes, lol.

10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Not really used to Showroom streams where the camera is always moving around lol

11. ET920

ET920 Member

Not more awkward than when Nishino mentioned Kahotaru was commenting on the stream and that she had said people say they both look similar :3
    29:15

12. ET920

ET920 Member

Some more tidbits about her:
    • You can get tsukkomi'ed by her if you write "チョコチップついてるの?" ("Do you have a chocolate chip on your face?"). She would go "ほくろだっちゅーの!” ("It's my mole!").
    • One of the things she likes the most from STU48 is being able to make friends. While child she had problems making friends since she was on the heavy side (too much muscles and fat since she liked sports), and while young she temporarily became a hikikomori, never leaving her home for two weeks.
    • During those dark times she always admired how idols were able to cheer her up, and decided to become someone able to cheer on others just like them. She included these last two points in a letter she read to her fans on the last day of her previous Showroom.
    • She attempted to join several groups in the franchise before being accepted into STU48: Team 8, Draft, SKE48, Nogizaka, NGT48, etc. vlcsnap-2017-05-11-08h33m37s870.png

13. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    If this was the sengoku period, these girls are all wandering samurais loool A bunch of them seem to have a long history of failing auditions. (Hina Chan, Fuku Chan and maybe others)

14. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Does anyone know how tall she is?

15. ET920

ET920 Member

150 cms. She used to be 148, but seems like she grew a couple of cms after she joined STU48 (it could be that she hadn't measured herself in years, but also wouldn't surprise me if management told girls to change a few facts about themselves for the sake of fandom, like saying they like strawberries instead of meat).

16. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Aww, how cute. I always think it's adorable how short she looks next to some other girls (especially considering her age) [hehe] <3
    Thank you!

17. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I thought Annin in Bingo a few weeks ago taught the 16th gen girls never say dumb stuff like that XD

18. ET920

ET920 Member

Yup, she considers that a strong point since because of her age she can hang out with the older ones, while at the same time because of her stature the younger girls feel at ease with her. At this point she can bridge that generation gap.

19. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    It's pretty intriguing and amazing really that she was such big SRer (I can't forget that truck with her on it).
    But it always made me wonder. Her team & fans threw a lot of stuff, i.e. money, in her showroom but how did she make a living off of it back then?
    A % of those things? A fixed amount? Or nothing at all.

20. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

it's better not to tell them that they are similar, girls don't like it [hehe]

55:10-57:20

yet, I was thinking that it's ↓ written about Rika, that's how similar they are))