1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Motorsport Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by FMecha, Aug 24, 2017.

1. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    This weekend (as of posting time - August 25-27) is one hell of a show for race fans, with the following:
    • F1 Belgian GP
    • MotoGP British Grand Prix
    • Super GT Suzuka 1000km
    And next weekend (September 3) you have:
    • NASCAR Bojangles' Southern 500 in Darlington Speedway
    • World Endurance Championship 6 Hours of Mexico
    Let's discuss away motorsport wotas!

2. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Crap -- **no one** here likes motorsports?? :eek::(

Just kidding. I suppose being one wota or another can be tough. I count myself among those who like both idols and motorsport... but neither enough to really be called a wota in either (meaning enough to leverage my wife into accepting my hobby's consumption of money... which it doesn't).

I used to race motorcycles at the club level, but an injury pretty much ruined my racing career (broken wrist and dominant forefingers). After that I was for a time during the Seb Loeb era when Mitsu, Ford & Subaru were still participating, into WRC... but since then RallyCross took over... and that's just not the same as WRC stages (it's a season of exhibition special stages, pretty much). Problem is, have to spend extra for the equipment and channels that have it... and cost:benefit says, that money can go elsewhere.

My fave events when I can catch them on the odd non-cable slot, are ATCC and Aussie V8 Supercars (what NASCAR should be, free of Luddites and boring-ass speedways)... esp Adelaide, Bathurst, Oran Park, Phillip Island (one of my fave MotoGP tracks as well), and Surfer's Paradise. MotoGP I was into while racing but once I stopped and got into my current gig, bike events got less interesting... though Isle of Man TT I still like to watch now and again. F1 to me is kind of boring, but at least better than it was at the end of the V8 era...

If you're still around and want to talk shop, here I am... :^^;:

3. edsonmassao

edsonmassao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I like cars and motorsports in general, it's a kinda expensive hobby. To be honest I don't follow any specific category, since I don't have cable TV I only watch what is aired on the common TV channels here like F1.

I really like fast cars, recently I sold my 2006 Subaru WRX SW, I had it for about 6 years but after all this time I think I lost the interest for it. My actual daily drive is a Volkswagen UP TSi, it has a little 1.0 liter turbocharged engine. It is not a powerful machine but I think it is funny to drive.

Now I will save money for the future and/or spend it on another faster car. I like Lancer Evolution but it is very expensive yet. Another more conventional option here is Volkswagen Jetta TSi, it has a 2.0 liter turbocharged engine and after some tuning it can reach more than 250 HP =).

Enviado de meu SM-G935F usando Tapatalk

4. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

@edsonmassao : if you can find one in good condition... a Mk4 VW GTI/R32 VR6 is an amazing car to tune power out of -- HPA here in the US is a well-known tuner. If Mk7s are available in Brazil... they are quickly gaining popularity for their tuneability as well :approve:

I've not roadraced cars -- they are painfully expensive for my income (tires... fuel... dyno sessions, then you can expect to crash at least once a year).

Since for the foreseeable future I'll have perhaps one car for modding (and not for a while)... when comes time to trade in my Accord Coupe V6 6M, it'll be to a cheaper car as well -- the new Civic Hatchback 6M. Lots of power for very little money in the motor, and an excellent chassis for under $20K USD. The Mazda 3 hatch is also nice, with an interior I like better than the Honda's.

Should I win the lottery... then Pro-spec vintage Japanese cars with modern drivetrains and chassis... like my first car ('75 Toyota Corolla SR5) with Dart (Ford) small-block 351W stroked to 410cid (6.7L), Tremec T6060 with a Shelby GT350 diff and IRS, and chassis/suspension tuned for weekend roadrace spec. I've been dreaming of fabbing up this project since I was 17. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
  6. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

There goes the chance for Toyota to win this year. Expect engine failure for Toyota after leading the race XD
    He is a very talented driver, but too much bad luck surrounds him. Either bad luck followed him or he is simply attracted to it :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  7. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    And next year, because of the super-season system - meaning this and next year's Le Mans count for one season. I also personally expect Toyota to pull out after 2019.

8. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    After leaving McLaren for Toro Rosso, Honda seems to have shown improvement in this season's F1 pre season testing.

Even though I've been a fan of Vettel, I'll probably throw some support for Toro Rosso Honda as well.

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    DXg8lCQU0AA_jHI (1).jpg
    His name is Marc not Marcos because he's a Catalan so if Catalonia declares indepence from Spain, no more Marcha Real when Marquez wins a race but Els Segadors.

10. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    Current motorsport highlights:
    • Sebastian Vettel wins Australian GP and McLaren-Renault shows their worth by Alonso's 4th place finish, while Toro Rosso-Honda partnership doesn't start good on the actual Grand Prix. Still hoping STR-Honda will work this season, because otherwise Honda might as well quit F1 again.
    • NASCAR races in snowy Martinsville, with Clint Bowyer winning the Monster Energy Cup Series race - following a postponement to Monday (races were initially meant for Sunday).
    • Super GT begins in April.

11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Hoah more Marquez vs Rossi drama..............................

12. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    It's chaos in Azerbaijan once again...

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    Last Sunday was an all-Australian domination in Monaco and Indy:

And two weeks ago it's a Porsche 1-2-3 in Nurburgring:

Just days counting to the supershow weekend that is the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which will again run concurrently to this year's Senbatsu Sousenkyo.

14. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
  15. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Thanks @FMecha for mentioning, I was closely tracking on it despite all the utter BS on TV distribution deals here in the North America (Velocity/Motor Trend). But at least I was able to 'ride shotgun' with the two Toyota cars (yes, onboard cameras) and listened to outstanding Radio Le Mans commentary for free though!

This Toyota victory...decades in the making? Very bittersweet moment after all the mistakes they've done, including the infamous 2016 mishap that left Kazuki Nakajima stranded! (Wasn't without mistakes during this year's race though, including a scare on the sister car that turned out to be some driver miscommunication.)

But this WEC 'superseason' where they are transitioning to a 'winterized' schedule...that means there needs to be another Le Mans running (next year, obviously) before the current 2018-19 season is over! [hehe]

Anyways, though, congratulations to Kazuki Nakajima (it was redemption time!), Sebastien Buemi, and more importantly, the famed (or sometimes infamous) F1 champ Fernando Alonso for winning their first-ever Le Mans! :1st:

Also a shout-out to the guys at Porsche. They might not have gotten an overall victory anymore (thanks Porsche for cutting the sports prototype business once again), but the Manthey-operated Porsches that had classic liveries taking the top two in the GTE Pro category, including the Pink Pig that won the class! Seems like that car was a fan favorite, no matter whether it won or lost. [hehe]

Now, interestingly, though, this Toyota victory was very special considering the fact that this year's AKB48 Senbatsu Sousenkyo was held in Nagoya, home of SKE48 and Toyota, and SKE48 took the top two spots this year, highlighted by Jurina Matsui, who is also a Nagoya native. Saturday night Jurina took the spotlight, and on Sunday night JST (Sunday afternoon in Europe) the Toyota Gazoo Racing team had its own moment of fame as well.

Congratulations to Jurina Matsui, SKE48, Toyota Gazoo Racing, and the Nagoya area for an awesome, outstanding weekend they've showed us to the world! :1st:

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
  17. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
  18. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
  19. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Where does one watch these races? I'd say I'm a casual fan of motorsports, I watch the occasional documentary that comes up on Netflix/Amazon, and I do play a lot of Forza/Gran Turismo.

The one thing I've gotten out of this thread is that I now want an Nurnburgring umbrella even though I live in Southern California and it barely ever rains here.

20. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    For the WEC races, unless you live in the USA/Canada you can watch on the official WEC app (although that's paid). Those in the USA/Canada do not apply for the WEC app: You'd have to go through Velocity (does any TV provider have this channel?)/Motor Trend for the WEC coverage. Same goes for the SRO/Blancpain GT races (though outside of the USA/Canada it's available for free, so why do Americans have to pay just to watch them legally???).

NASCAR in the USA: Fox Sports or NBC Sports (Fox/NBC television network, FS1/NBCSN cable channels, where it's being aired depends on race; also streaming on their respective apps).

Indycar in the USA: Only NBC Sports (NBCSN or, starting next year, including the Indy 500, NBC network).

F1 in the USA: ESPN (stealing Sky Sports coverage and then adding commercials), or of course the new F1 streaming service...

• Informative Informative x 1