Movie / DVD Densen Uta - 8/18/2007

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by xyish, Jun 5, 2007.

1. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I think the discussion of the torrent should be discussed in JPH!P.

2. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

@frblckstr1 and korp : Thanks for the explanation. :)
    Bhuhuhu I can't use torrent, plus the size is too big so I can't D/L it. :cry:

3. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Just watched the movie last night =) Well, I had to wait until I finished the October SATs to watch it, so I made Netflix deliver it right on Saturday so I wouldn't get distracted. (Sorry, I couldn't justify spending 18 on a DVD that had Acchan die in like the first 5 min)

Below are my impressions of the movie, as well as some questions I have that I hope someone can answer, because I thought it was pretty confusing. I'm not going to white it out because I assume anyone that wants to watch it have by now. If you're one of those that didn't and still need to watch it though, DON'T READ BELOW! SPOILERS!

I thought it was an ok movie....but really, if you're not a fan of AKB48, don't watch it. I watched it with my parents last night, and my dad went to bed like halfway through the movie, and my mom was watching it only to stay with me. Did anyone get the message of the movie? I keep thinking there was a message, but I can't put it into words.

Also, was there really a curse? The conversation at the end seems to imply no, that ppl just felt like singing it before suiciding, but it was actually a song about love. However, then explain why the principal and all the other AKB48 girls all of a sudden wanted to suicide, but then stopped after Yuko talked to the spirit, implying that she broke the curse.

Yeah, more questions than review, but really, if you're al AKB48 fan, you'll watch it, just to see them, because the plot itself wasn't that good. OK, not good.

4. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ cough......isn't your "review"......3 months late?

5. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Haha, yes =) It's not really a review, I just wanted to ask some questions after finally watching it. Cuz I was confused as heck, and the subs weren't really that good. But hey! In my defense, the English DVD (Suicide Song) came out only about a week or two ago.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are that a good Movie?

7. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Re:

:awesome:

After being unable to watch, gonna front-load this for Halloween.

8. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

its not really a horror movie, but i like it because their are some akb members in the cast,, and i was able to see my Legendary & former oshi Erepyon,, :(

9. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Only two or three scenes constitute as horror, but having done watching, well...

...at the end I just blinked and told myself, "That's it?"

10. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

^ i was also expecting the other girls to die also... :^^;:

11. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Threads not locked so I'm going to post because I just watched this movie. Available on DVD (with english subs) from Netflix. Titled Suicide Song in N. America. I thought it was great and just ordered my own copy off amazon ($5). Subtle humor. Little to no gore. Somber themes of loneliness and unrequited love typical of AKB48 (kinda like the anime ICE - I bought last year in a DVD bin in an electronics store). Movie is too old for spoilers, but anyway...
    My favorite parts where:
    *Spoilers
    The scene filmed in the AKB48 theater with 1 stripe on the pillars.
    Kasai's re-action to the body in the tub was to take cell pics.
    Yuko's acting,
    Sayaka's tough sporty image,
    Noro hitting on the male lead.
    The Scream-movie prediction of who was going to die next.
    The awesome houses and apartments everyone lived in.
    Apparently the lady in white was Goi Michiko (Hoshino) I thought it was a combination of Kojima's body and Kasai's voice when I watched the movie.

12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I just watched this movie recently too.

I think it's worth a watch once for AKB fans, but I wouldn't watch it again. It's very campy and not really scary at all. I think the 3 most interesting things about the movie are:

1. The suicide song itself was an actual phenomenon in Europe, an urban legend saying that many people killed themselves in relation to the song. Might have been a fad. I am interested in movies that are based on real phenomena.

2. The gun in the theater... the gun... in the theater! wtf, might make a crowd paranoid XD (is there a guy with a gun behind me?)

3. Yuuko is the lead actress, not Acchan - and this was a time when Acchan was being pushed as sole center material

It was interesting to see the girls playing such uncharacteristic roles (like Haruna setting herself on fire with that guy), but ultimately the movie was rather slow and hard to follow at times. Yeah, give it a watch once, especially if you like campy independent movies, but I wouldn't expect a lot.