1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Management is still silent?
    What's the news now?

2. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I hope this is still going. Recently 3 Indians are active in the Pop music scene debuting in English. Two of them are from the same company and the third is from a separate, so:

Z-Girls Unit: (Priyanka)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Z-Boys Unit: (Sid)

Now United: (Shivani)

So, the want is there. Granted, they debuted with other members, but, the fact still remains that they debuted recently.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Oh, the Z-Groups, they have Indian members at both groups?
    I mean, the promotional pictures of the members especially the Indian one didn't look like Indian at all

4. ayumisus

ayumisus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    ehh... not really...
    z girls & z boys are under a korean company who seems to just be greedy for money...
    but the actually korean people and some international fans have sent a lot of hate and other nasty comments... so i dont really think people WANT indian idols but theyre just there...

but i still hope mum48 can debut

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Every company is greedy for money and it's not necessarily a bad thing (I mean dude this is a 48 Group forum, they are from AKS), and as far as I've seen the kids are well treated (although I never totally trust agencies) which is not the case in a lot of agencies who pretend to be family and whatnot (*cough* Yg Entertainement *cough*)
    Are we speaking about the same groups ? The reception for the arrival of Indian idols was great among International kpop fans, it was a hot topic all over SNS and a lot of people are stanning the group only because of Priyanka and Sid (even thought now that he messed up some people hate him).
    Some knetz did say that all the members were ugly but the general public was just confused as to why journalists were calling them Kpop when none of them are koreans.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

Yeah it's pretty funny (or sad) that 4 months ago, Z-Girls wasn't even announced and now they're already out with a MV and MUM48 is still nowhere to be seen.

7. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Yes, they have Indian Members. (They typo'd, Joanne is from Taiwan.)

@ayumisus I meant the want for the push for Indian Idols. Not from fans. And just like @NoxDWN said: I saw positive comments on each of their videos from of course other Indians, so, I was still right with the want being there. Most Indians don't get that much recognition so, when they can see themselves in a bright light, yeah: they want to support those who look like them.

@TNAmarkFromIndia Unfortunately, I agree. But, I am still hoping for this project to move.

8. trxsh

trxsh Member

Wow, Rottii from Nogizaka46 is in that Z-Girls group. She was the most talented person in Nogi so it's nice to see her in a new project. I'm not sure about the concept though. Members from all different countries? They probably can't communicate with one another that well.

If the MUM group actually happens (lol) it would at least have the advantage of members that can communicate and bond with each other, and Indians speak pretty good English so it'll be a win for foreign fans.

9. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    :eek: I thought their nationality was quite easy to guess, especially Sid. Although I was a bit surprised that they didn't pick light skin Indians

Haha the boys still seem a bit awkward with each other but overall the members of both groups communicate perfectly through english. The members of Z-girls are very close to the point that Carlyn cried when she talked about the project because she was scared they wouldn't see each other after the whole thing ends. I really recommend you to watch their reality show they are adorable

But anyway getting back to the real topic of this thread !

Rashmi Sharma still has that MUM48 pic as her PP on Twitter and she is really active on it which means she knows how to change it but doesn't because she wants to show that th project is still being worked on. Maybe they had some difficulties ? Maybe one of the groups behind the whole thing & AKS have a disagreement ? Maybe they are shooting some sort of survival (in my country when The Voice was announced they had already filmed most of it and no one had ever heard of it before) ? We can't be sure of anything but the fact that she still has MUM48 on her Twitter account AND her website gives me hope !
    My dream organisation for this project would have been to have an ad running on Tv explaining a bit about AKB48 and their sister group with an announcement about the auditions opening soon. Then later I would have loved to see them create a whole tv show for the selection of the members, testing their singing, dancing and acting skills (I mean Bollywood guys) buut apparently they preferred to be more discreet about it :eek: Or maybe they are being careful ? I really know nothing about the Indian market so I really don't know if they are heading in the right direction or not ;;
    I wonder how many members the first generation will have, I feel like something around 13 would be perfect, in general people aren't used to see many members in groups

10. TNAmarkFromIndia

I don't know how they picked Sid but Priyanka has been participating in K-Pop singing contests for years and had won the K-Pop World Festival Excellent Vocal Award in 2016. So it was probably them just picking someone that already had the talent, the knowledge of the K-Pop industry and can also speak some Korean, even if she isn't light-skinned.

It'll be interesting to see if more such groups come out after this with Indian members because if they have to sing and communicate in English, that automatically widens the talent base an agency can pick from. There are already English-language singing talent shows in India like The Stage.
    https://www.facebook.com/ColorsInfinity/videos/877412185745757/

11. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Sid is a popular YouTube singer.

I mean, if it means that we can believe they are still committed to this project, maybe a reality singing competition may help them? But, I fear MNL's backlash. What I hope is getting the kids' interested in something like this. That's what I have been fearing: that they can't win over the younger crowd. Maybe these other projects that are active can help the younger gen to be interested in this project?

That's great that Rashmi still has the project on her social medias, but, she really needs to update...or someone. It's been so long since the original announcement.

12. TNAmarkFromIndia

I know he was a YouTube singer and has performed on small shows but the K-Pop connection seems to have come out of nowhere when compared to Priyanka. Maybe someone like Edwin Jamir would have been more of a fit, especially when trying to appeal mostly to East Asians and Koreans.

13. welp

welp Next Girls

The flak mainly comes from the sketchy cryptocurrency relating to the project and how they debuted in Korea without any single Korean nor Korean speaker, not from nationalities of members.

It was zero Indian K-pop idol because India had been deemed a not promising market for K-pop.

Still, I don't think Z-Girls has anything to do with MUM48, their target groups/markets are different.

14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Mrs. Rashmi still active on her Twitter account tho probably she's very busy so she could only tweet no more than twice a day.

Then, why don't we ask her about MUM48?

15. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    @hrs0722 I thought it was established that was a bad idea? But, then, how to get her attention that we want to know more?

News Outlets marketed them wrong, unfortunately. They are not K-Pop, they are creating their "own" kind of pop called Z-Pop, for Generation Z and their company, Zenith. Granted, yes, Zenith does produce several K-Pop groups, but, the Z-Dream Project is not supposed to advertise as K-Pop. Although, rumors did have it where they were going to be releasing songs in other languages.

16. onego123

onego123 Member

I emailed them several months ago, and never got a response. If anyone here thinks they would have better luck than me be my guest: https://mum48.co.in/Contactus.aspx

17. CDXVII

CDXVII Kenkyuusei

...any news? Because weren't they supposed to debut at the end of last year as well?

18. welp

welp Next Girls

Few weeks ago, I read on a Thai forum that the local investor and AKS agreed that a different approach/system was needed in Indian market and they took time to design a new one satiable to both sides.

I checked this thread out to see if that rumor was real ...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    ^ That's an interesting rumour...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    While we didn't care about this anymore. Someone noticing mum48.co.in has been shut down.

Well, adopting Japanese idol in India is an insane idea. And I found out that making a 48 group in Mongolia would make more sense because of this:
    IMG_20190427_073457.jpg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019