1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    No, no, no! I do not want them to sing in English, they have to sing in Hindi. That would be more original and interesting!

2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

^Hey hey hey. Please don't double post ;) Start from the earliest unread actual thread notification so that you don't go back to reading unread posts after you post and post again. You're not that new so just a light reminder.

3. vankadaisuki

vankadaisuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    thaliaivankaelizabeth
    why not MBI48?? i just feeling like "what double M in one grup" and is it good?

4. Erald

Erald Kenkyuusei

Malay language and bahasa indo not really same at daily conversation (because different slang words) but really similar in song lyric. Each other can understand more than 90% of lyric from both countries.

5. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    this beyond my expectation, i don't know about India except their Bollywood and Uttaran , so this is looks interesting

6. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    I know this, I'm using Stage48 on Chrome on my cell phone so it's very difficult to use it here. When I have my computer in my hands I'll edit it.
    I also know that, they are similar but they are NOT the same language.

7. welp

welp Next Girls

No, you didn't try to educate me while you couldn't even spell "Laotian" right.

I guess you also don't know most Laotian peoples tune into Thai media as Laos has extremely underdeveloped entertainment industry and strict censorship. If you can conquer Thailand, Laos is also in your palms.

8. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    As someone said earlier he should let the sister groups develop themselve.
    They could keep the other parts of the AKB system but allow the sister groups to release their own songs as long as they still cover some of the original songs (the ones who fit the most to their market)

They also need to give more budget to the different sister groups, who wants to stan a group who looks on the verge of disbanding ?

9. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    in my language "Lao Language" is "Laosian Language",i just corrected that. I will no longer argue about this, I think you understood when I meant that I should think it interesting to listen to AKB songs in Lao language.

10. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    MUM48 gonna be like

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here

11. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    MBI makes me think of "mass body index" but tbh it's still better than MUM.

I wouldn't complain.

12. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    idk abt Laos but Malaysia & Indonesia sometimes share the same entertainment scene. Artists from Malaysia can easily cross to Indonesia and vice versa, so it wouldn't make sense to have 48groups in both Malaysia & Indonesia. JKT is enough. JKT could easily cross to Malaysia IF they have enough mainstream popularity in Indonesia. too bad they don't

and also about the language, it's not the same but it's not much different either, especially when talking abt words in their song lyrics. sone words may differ but both basically use the same words.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

13. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    This was shocking to find out.

14. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    They NEED to sing in Hindi as they're based in MUMbai!
    But, if they go on a nationwide (or even a statewide) tour, they might sing in local languages (like Marathi in Maharashtra, the state Mumbai is located in) and/or English.

MUM48 is similar to Produce 48; AKB can't directly establish sister groups in these countries (thanks to K-pop and Bollywood), so they're going for collabs (with Produce 101 in S.Korea and Bollywood in India). That explains why they chose Mumbai, the center of Bollywood.

15. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    in what way is MUM48 similar to P48? no other information might be given yet but MUM48's obviously gonna be another cover group like JKT, BNK, TPE, MNL.

16. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    ^THIS:
    Produce 48 is a collab and MUM48 is definitely going to be a collab (in some way). I mean, why would they choose Mumbai if they don't plan for Bollywood tie-ins/collabs? I can think of no other way for them to be nationally popular/successful (as much as I dislike Bollywood).
    P.S. we can't be sure MUM48 is going to be a 100% cover group and Produce 48 is not.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

I'm Indian and not an AKB48 fan (I'm a fan of another idol group called Sakura Gakuin) but I found this forum and couldn't help but join in the discussion.

I'm interested to see how this goes. The concept of an idol that's manufactured by the agency has massive potential in a country like India, where song and dance is such a big part of our films, yet we have next to no music scene to speak of outside of Bollywood. I don't know a whole lot about AKB48, but the Indian group will have to be different from the original and have to suit the local sensibilities in terms of the music, choreography and fashion to be successful. I'm not sure if a group that focuses on the cuteness aspect is going to be very popular.

AKB48 seem to be working with a couple of television/film producers for this venture by the name of Rashmi Sharma and Pawan Kumar. They've produced many Indian TV dramas including Sasural Simar Ka which is (in)famous for having pretty nonsensical storylines as of late. But they seem to have some sort of connections in the entertainment industry which is a good thing.

I think for the group to be successful, they'd have to scout for girls that are attractive first and talented second. I'm guessing that's also how it's done in Japan with looks taking precedence over everything else.

What I'm also interested in seeing is if they do indeed Bollywood-ise the group that fans of the 48G groups would come to dislike it or find it weird. I don't think AKB48 should care though as long as it is successful in India.

Boku no 2 cents deshita!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Akira Midori

Akira Midori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    My best bet is that we'll see all the localized songs to be a bollywood OST. ILL BET 100$ that this is their plan to penetrate in india :1st::1st:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

The only thing I know about India is their movies where the hero always crush 10-30 thugs like breakfast. So.. yeah, I'll just wait and see.

20. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    well obviously they're gonna establish the group at the country's entertainment capital, like JKT, SNH, BNK, TPE, MNL.

but MUM48 will still be like any other overseas sister group. they'll perform local renditions of AKB songs while also trying to adapt to local culture with their costumes and MV settings, or maybe like what JKT's doing with their dangdut subunit. they're not gonna give them an original bollywood song or turn their theater shows into an indian bollywood musical broadway sh*t. like i said, like any other overseas sister groups. it won't be like unique like Produce48.