1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    This will never work. Even if Bollywood companies put their money into it. This will never work.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    My first reaction would be the same but we also said that about JKT and SNH and they ended up working just fine so let's just wait and see.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    I think the reason why it worked on SNH48 and JKT48 is at least, there is that degree of familiarity and "fit-ness" in adopting J-Culture to their own.

I'd share it with everyone that I really don't see it. Though I'd be fascinated with a Koisuru Fortune Cookie being covered using a Sitar.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Probably a Indian tycoon who is a fan wanting to invest in the group, I doubt AKS planned this.

5. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Never say impossible to Aki-P :^^;:

more than 1 billion people maybe? The GPD and growth is good, and increasing numbers of middle class. If they can get 0.025% of the population get into it, it is approximately the same with Sasshi's vote in recent SSK. And some Japanese company want to expand in India.

Maybe our Indian friends can explain if the music industry kind of stagnated with Bollywood concept?

My theory is, Aki-P got this order to increase Japan's influence around Asia, at least for 2020. Hence they are expanding like crazy since this year. JKT and SNH was the prototypes and pilot projects to prove that the concept can be implemented elsewhere. I think they are aiming for countries with huge number of population first, then countries with strong/potential idol sub-culture.

Tata maybe, just to keep Toyota on edge and pour more money [hehe]

6. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I don't know if this is legit but...Yuihan is at the end
    watch this:

if the video does not show watch the video here

The video of the announcement of MUM48

7. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Ok.......I'm a little surprised lol. I mean if JKT can survive after all these years I'm sure MUM48 can do fine. And even if they don't it'll still be an interesting project I guess. Personally they should maybe focus more on TPE and MNL48 since they're still super new and those countries aren't as big. But like I said it'll be really interesting to see how this plays out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Wow, I saw the MUM48 logo on Line a few hours ago and I was baffled.

This is... great! I don't know about India, its market and how much Japan entertainment scene interest them, but I just feel hopeful. It doesn't have to break through right away. If Mumbai and the whole India is not ready yet for Indian version of J-Idols, MUM48 should just do well enough to sustain its existence until the interest in similar acts in India grow.

I feel like it wasn't a long time ago when Haruka, Akicha, Sae and Mariyannu were shipped off to foreign land and now they have started how many sister groups? NGT48 & STU48 for local sister groups, JKT48, SNH48 (not anymore now, I guess), BNK48, TPE48 and MNL48 for international sister groups (Oops forgot the AKB48China). AKB48 doing Produce48 and is going to ship off one of its member for a year in Mexico. Those hoping for MXC48, perhaps by 2020 it will at least be announced? By 2030 (if AKB48 survive long enough), I wonder which sister group will disband first and how many more AKB48 would have at least started to make.

Now, with all these sister groups coming, I really hope the Japanese main mgmt (AKS?) should have already a plan so none of these sister groups will break off with the main group. Perhaps, similar to SNH48's STAR48, an idea to establish a body that would manage so that the international sister group can have their OWN original songs for singles and theater shows? They should make a system where at least half of their releases are original songs and the Japanese main mgmt will still have a lot of say in their whatever activities. STUDIO48, maybe?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    so, how bout their Chinese & Korean advancement? dat still goin on or what. wow they really are trying to expand to the whole world.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    India and Japan actually have very good repationship, about on the same level or more than Japan with Southeast Asia, so.

Re: piracy. I lived in Asean and there we have so much of that. In the end of the day, people who care will buy the CD and those do not will not.

11. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Well, China is striving, but they're not connected to AKB48 anymore. China already has 5 sister groups (SNH, BEJ, GNZ, SHY, CKG), so they're doing pretty well. As for Korea, I haven't kept up with Produce48 so someone else might be better informed on this than me

12. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    I hoped AKI-p would create a group in Vietnam, Malaysia, Mongolia or Laos,but I never thought he should create a group in India.:shock:

13. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

The Chinese company is holding secret auditions for AKB48 China and plan to hold a press conference in January. :)

14. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    >caution... bad joke follows<
    I was thinking that they could also create a rival group... KHI48 based in Karachi, Pakistan...
    >end of bad joke<
    Seriously though... They need to change MUM48 to MMB48 or something...

15. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    For me it's MBA48 - MumBAi :^^;:
    I don't know, but I think I just wanna see a Team AII :^^;:

16. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    Inscriptions for the auditions of the AKB48 China have ended on this month.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  17. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Not yet. They are still holding auditions through many cities. And don't forget online open audition which will begin soon. [hehe]

18. warubii

warubii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    warubii666
    This is a mess I can't wait to see

19. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I can't think of anything positive with where this is going. Sigh.

Its no use discussing matters like this. Let's just keep AKB alive and all is well.:whistle:

20. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    between this, Produce48 and the Mexican drama, they really want to ship some of the older girls abroad don't they :^^;:

not sure what to think about this, not even sure if the concept would make sense for the culture... can't wait for the bollywood-esque MV's tho