1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No.
    It's just three letters from MUMbai.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. sayakalover

sayakalover Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I'm hope they change the name from MUM48 to MUB48 or MBI48. I'm hopeful since Sony changed Keyaki's name from Toriizaka to Keyakizaka.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Honestly that would be the best idea, that would also allow the different groups to adapt better to their new market while still keeping the Japanese touch

The difference is that we are sure Produce48 will do well, here we can't be sure of anything

EDIT:
    I just remembered the show Exciting India with some kpop idols, they were trying ton learn more about India culture while getting advices from music insiders in how to conquer the music market. I don't remember man you things but I think they advices them to not color their hair (wtf), to play in some Bollywood movies, or to sing one of its OST. I guess they'll have the new member S plays in some Bollywood productions ?..

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    that was awkward to watch
    more likely than not (I mean, they'll probably promote their songs as bollywood OSTs/tie-ins)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    India?

WHAAAT???

I don't understand about this...

6. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    Believe me, we all don't.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. miruru

miruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hiratarina
    How about tpe ?

8. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

I thought Indian songs and dance stereotype were suppose to be 1 man,1 woman,1 tree storytelling kinda stuff.
    Dont know how idol concept would work there..

But they do use lots of mob dancers in a music video.

9. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Hey I enjoyed watching them being shocked at people treating them like regular human beings

But aren't OST considered as new songs ?

10. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    It was kinda sad, though lol
    There might be fewer than 10 Indians who have heard all 48G songs. If they covered a song like Viva! Hurricane, Hoshi no Ondo or Mori e Yukou for an OST, most people wouldn't even know. But I have a feeling they might get original songs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

So far, no international SGs have gotten any original songs so I don't see why MUM would be an exception. It would be straight up unfair to other groups.

12. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Correction, a very small amount of people think that it will do well. But that is a conversation for another thread

13. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    ^^I don't know, that depends on how competent the mgmt is. Unless it was complete favoritism neglecting the competency of the mgmt, it shouldn't be unfair at all.

SNH48 was competent enough with their resources and all, until they create their own sister groups (I think their sister groups are also doing fairly well) and break off.

JKT48 wasn't competent, their marketing is lacking, production mediocre and their style is more or less very J-Idol-centric (they are doing well in their niche, but definitely not attracting significant public interest) and I doubt even if Aki-P gave them an original song, they would have a breakthrough or anything and with the current mgmt competency, the novelty will just wear off and soon nobody will care about. JKT48 has the potential to do great in respect methink, but they are not working hard or smart enough

BNK48 seems to be doing good so far, despite their releases are uncertain. But promotion-wise, they are doing well. Weren't they getting an original song for a project they are collaborating with?

I don't know about MNL48. How long has the audition been going on? The audition itself seems to not be doing that great anyway, everything is more or less uncertain and nothing is set on stone, so dunno. Maybe their mgmt will be competent enough that they won't have to wait as long as JKT48 to get an original song.

TPE48, I don't know either.

Anyhow, AKS can't possibly be thinking that international sister groups are mere cover groups, especially now that there are a number already. There is just so much cover group can attain, especially with 80-90% the same formula. They should be fusing the J-Idol essence with the local scene, find a good balance that should work for long-term and not just self-sustain system.

14. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    I'm weirdly more excited for this than I am for Produce48, but they need to change the name to MBA48 or something that isn't MUM48.

15. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Their MV production quality is a very visible proof of this. Their Dakishimechaikenai MV had me in tears (I feel bad for the UGs of that single), and the consecutive departures of their top members kinda make it worse. I'm actually hoping that they would make a coupling as main song, there are some couplings that I feel like would click with Indonesian taste but since it's a norm to use single for single, they don't do it.

I actually think it's a good thing that Mumbai doesn't have many wotas. International wotas can be very picky with management decisions (regarding senbatsus, single songs, etc) since they're exposed to AKB and will always relate it to AKB. In here, they can start fresh and act like AKB songs are actually theirs :^^;:

16. heavyrotation134

heavyrotation134 Kenkyuusei

I do not that there are more than 100 AKB48 fans in India.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

17. welp

welp Next Girls

SNH started releasing its original songs before the break up (without AKS consent) and that helped raise its popularity. SNH must have gone no where without heading toward C-pop direction. It uses AKB's format but it has its own style for fashion, music etc.

Lmfao. Leave your nutshell. Most K-pop fans expect it to do well. Do I have to remind you how much bigger the demography of K-pop fans to J-pop ones?

SNH had started doing its own things before the break up. Creating its own sister group was the last straw.

Since BNK has not been allowed to original song, the agency plans to circumvent it by making BNK featuring in the new song of its music director, who is also a fairly popular indie pop artist. Sadly, the group also suffers from below mediocre MV. The lack of budget is viable.

Skeptical. Since it will have AKB China as a big rival. I thought AKB would use TPE to come back to China. Most Taiwanese singers, after gaining traction home, will leave to grow in Mainland China. Still, there is sizable market for local acts. Taiwan celeb may also reach out to Hongkong.

18. Erald

Erald Kenkyuusei

The news really surprised me. LOL. I'm not an Indian and not really into bollywood entertainment but i'm curious it will works or not.

Maybe we will see members with the most different appearance. All 48 overseas sistergroups now look like east asian girls, so i think india is a big step to get various race girls, may be a step to get new sistergroups from western countries.

I think this single is fit enough to penetrate Indian market as a debut single :D

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Don’t even get me started on some of the costumes and MVs too, geez.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If it was me, I would choose SNH over JKT anytime honestly, even though I’m not the biggest fan of SNH (‘s management. Not the girls. Don’t get me wrong). Even music video qualities are heaven and earth.

20. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    No, I know very well about the economic situation of these countries, but who is clueless about languages is you because the Malay language is not the same thing as Bahasa and Thai language is not the same thing as Lao language.
    I mentioned Mongolia and Laos because they have a very beautiful language, so it would be interesting to listen to AKB songs in those languages.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2