1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Muto Orin (Orin)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 8, 2016.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Say olympic 10 times in your most try hard Japanese accent...

Orin

2. James Torralba

James Torralba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui_T8
    oh i get it hahaha thank you very much guys.. Orin = O-rin = Go(5) ring = olympics haha thanks a bunch.. :D

3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Go-ring as in the five rings of the logo? I though it was just short for Orinpikku (Japanese pronunciation for Olympic). The word 'olympics' doesn't have anything to do with "go ring" as they originate in Greece, not Japan. Or am I misunderstanding something?

4. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

She was named by her dad for the 2000 Olympics, She's mentioned that when she turns 20, it'll be the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. That's all.

Her name's kanji reading has nothing to do with why she was named, just cool is all (小麟 --> little unicorn). It's the same kanji people use when referring to Yukirin's nickname (Yu-kirin --> ゆ麒麟 --> giraffe, due to Yukirin's long neck). Eito Okabe Rin's name uses the same 'rin'. ;)

5. nura

nura Kenkyuusei

i never thought that orin is an unique name for japanese until i found out the origin and sister name is based on wordplay from their family name. The people that need to be question is their dad. i means naming your daughter with a unique name is all good but olympic and wordplay? otousan better had a good story behind those name.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  6. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Tomu/Orin's dad is Muto Daisuke, a former actor... so enta is in their blood. He's been known to dress up in full makeup/cosplay for events involving the girls (privately AFAIK) like birthdays. Someone so colorful and eccentric is most likely why both his daughters are as cool and calm as they are under pressure.

All the same though... he's also someone I wouldn't want to cheat at cards on, then suddenly see blocking the only alley out. Sort of like Fujie Reina's dad. :shocku:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  7. nura

nura Kenkyuusei

Ahh.. that makes sense.

8. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think it's a good thing they got interesting names like that. I always thought Muto Tomu's name is probably a word play, and I thought it was interesting enough to have me remember the name even when I only knew a handful members. And obviously having those names is not doing them any harm ;)
    And to me it seems playing around with kanji and names/worldplay is not that uncommon in Japanese names after all

9. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Do you guys know where or how to see about Orin chan daily schedule? I tried to see the twitter, tumblr etc of Orin's fan but didn't find anything.. Only watch her in showroom almost everyday but didn't know about her activity cause actually she doesnt have any social media beside showroom (I guess) and its hard to find something about her for international fan like me :fp:

10. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Hmmm, I only know that she is currently busy with theater shows, rehearsal for new stage, and studying for the upcoming term exam.
    Apart from that, I barely know anything.
    I only follow her updates by simply searching her name on twitter hoping to find out someone tweeting something related to her mobame because I don't have any access to it.

11. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Orin is sick today and she couldn't stream SR which was scheduled at 21.45 pm JST.
    It's been busy days for her, I hope she will recover soon.

12. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    yeah unfortunately.. i'd been waiting for her showroom yesterday actually.. seems like she had some tough days after sousenkyo, you know, being ranked as kenkyuusei (and the only one of them) at sousenkyo brings not only happiness but also pressure either.. but i think she would learn quite fast as an idol with pressure, cause Tomu is her private mentor [hehe] and i do hope she'll recover soon :) Ganbatte Orin chan :banana:

13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    She wasn't the only one. She was just the only 16th Gen member, if thats what you meant?
    47. Kubo Satone (AKB48 Team K Draft Kenkyuusei)
    55. Muto Orin (AKB48 Kenkyuusei)
    70. Miyajima Aji (NGT48 Kenkyuusei)
    77. Kado Yuria (NGT48 Kenkyuusei)
    79. Toyonaga Aki (HKT48 Kenkyuusei)

14. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Ouch yeah.. Its a wrong mention actually, I meant it as 16th gen kenkyuusei.. and youre right, its 5 of them that ranked as a kenkyuusei in the whole 48G.. Thanks for your kind reply to my post man ;)

15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Considering nobody from STU ranked either, I think she did amazing in this SSK. I really do hope that the people voting for her are her fans and not just supporting her 'cause she's Tomu's sister. She deserves her own passionate, amazing fanbase

16. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Renacchi and Tomu are my kami oshi actually (yeah i've double kami oshi :D) and tbh the reason I knew and followed Orin is cause she's Tomu's sister in the beginning.. But.. she turned me to be her fan really! she's my oshimen right now, its not because shes tomu's sister anymore.. she made me acknowledged her as an idol and thats a really good thing.

Just like what Acchan said, the best thing that could happen in idol world is if the idol is capable to make some people whom actually feels nothing or hates her, then she could turn their opinion and become her fan/oshi (maybe through HS or theater or any other stage performances or etc).. and yes, Orin did it to me.. even tho its maybe only myself, but that makes me acknowledge her as an idol, not only Tomu's sister anymore.. Great for her :)

Credit and thanks to both their parents who've really brought up these two great idol [hehe][hehe]

17. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    She is not the only one, but she ranks 191 days after her debut which might be the fastest among the others.

Same here. I started paying attention to her once there was a rumor during the audition that Tomu's younger sister joined the audition. I watched her Showroom and only knew her as "aisuchan" but I strongly believed that she is Tomu's sister from the way she talks and her gesture.
    I didn't vote for Orin this year because I am still not sure whether I really support her as Orin, or I only like her because she is apparently Tomu's younger sister.
    My kami-oshi will always be Tomu, but I have to admit that I will also support Orin because I can assure myself that I am supporting her as Orin, not as Orin's sister. It's nearly a year since I've been following her journey and I've just realized that this girl needs my support when I watched her showroom a day after the announcement of preliminary result. There was a fan who threw a shade at her but she responded wisely which makes me adore her even more. She is young but she knows how to respond antis who criticized her for being able to rank only because she is Tomu's sister.
    Her promotion video for SSK was also great in which she emphasized her aim which is to be able to carry on the future of AKB48 with 16th generation.

Lets make this girl popular not only for being Tomu's sister, let everyone know that her skills and attitudes need an appreciation.

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    But realistically speaking most of those votes are likely Tomu's :^^;:

19. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    True. I read a few comments from other 16th gen fans whose Oshi apparently isn't her, they said they also voted for Orin.

20. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Thought it was interesting after watching the latest Nemousu show about 16-ki...

Learning the choreography of Beginner in a very short time (pretty much setting them up for failure, yet still in the realm of possibility and could be expected of them once they become full members)... Orin's face when the gen failed miserably, wasn't that of someone who picks low-hanging fruit for themselves.

Then Tomu's response about Orin, after the gen got a revenge chance and redeemed themselves... I could see that Orin lived up to Naachan's comment on her months ago, when she praised our imouto above all the other 16-ki for the seriousness & quality of her performance. Her sister publicly praised her, and it didn't seem scripted when Tomu delivered her verdict.

Sure, Orin has her own live-in mentor and definitely benefitted from the association for her SSK ranking... but Tomu is no softie as a professional either, and absolutely wants to avoid any suspicion of nepotism with Orin. So I'd say she's even harder on Orin than a non-relative mentor would be... and Orin knows and accepts she has to become her own idol. Just how she responds when her hugely-accomplished big sister praises her publicly... shows it wouldn't have happened, if she hadn't earned it. :1st::shifty: