1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Muto Tomu (Tomu) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Yes, at that point youre absolutely right man. But like I said before, as much as I love both the group and Tomu herself, I wanna see her gain that popularity and recognition within AKB48 as a member. That would pleased me so much as her fan and a fan of 48G. Just because of that I have that kind of upset feeling cause maybe from now on she would definitely out of place in the group and away from spotlight as well. I mean, if they can do it to Annin and Haruppi, why it couldnt to Tomu.
    Maybe I'm a bit to much about this, but at this time I'm really upset as hell >(

Yeah maybe youre right.. But, truly, that mobame mail from her was really shocking me as hell and made me hate AKS more. With this announcement just make it worse, at least for now.

Hope they'll include her in singles next year at least the one for sousenkyo and she'll join senskyo again just like what she said. I'll give my best amount of number to vote for her if she'll participate in sousenkyo next year. Sorry my Renacchi Naachan and Orin, but I'll go all out for Tomu next year :gavel:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    I can understand them not selecting her with the SSK thing she pulled this year. I'm personally at peace with it. I see being selected as a senbatsu member as an acknowledgement of sorts, but I don't think it's that big of a promotional avenue unless AKS is really hell-bent on pushing you like mad.

Her missing High Tension last year was frustrating as hell though: the manner of how they did it, the AKB48 members that got selected ahead of her, and how much of a momentum killer that decision was for Tomu. AKS made up for it, I guess, with subsequent selections and some promotional stuff, but it really still hurt.

I still wish she either didn't submit her application or just went with it, I'm still not fully convinced with her improving skills excuse. I mean, the SSK promotional cycle is over and aside from the Black IO thing, Tomu didn't really make any huge splash the last few months in the fandom (even her stage play thing was not that big of a deal outside her fandom). Missing SSK and not participating with the single this year may be the longest span of time where she's not really active in prime AKB48 activities aside from theater shows. She didn't do the wrestling thing at all either, so I'm not sure what she's gained from AKB these past few months.

She's almost 23 and still have a stigma in the fandom that she hasn't managed to break. If she can't get people to check her out, I don't know what she can do in AKB to help her grow in the entertainment industry, seeing that AKS has shown since 4 years ago that they're not really interested in giving her a high tier treatment. Too many people have negative preconception of her without checking her out, so I'm not sure what she can do to break out. It's not like that she's unpopular, her handshake sales are actually decent and are better than some who are more pushed than her.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  3. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    One point about her effort to improve her skill:
    On the minerva stage, she tried to challenge herself by performing "Kuchi Utsushi no Chocolate". It was based on her request because she realizes that her activities are significantly decreasing than last year. She understands it is because she didn't run for ssk. Hence, she is trying to figure out what she can do within akb to challenge herself and shows something different.

4. g_you

g_you Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tomu muto
    And she's beautiful too...
    only lacks AKS push/support
    guess one can't have everything

5. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Yeah, but even with the stage play I didn't think it was much. I don't think it's worth skipping the whole SSK cycle, and now the 50th single cycle, because of her decision. I'm her fan, but if she's not going to take full advantage of AKB48, maybe she should graduate and focus on her graduate school or something. No way in hell AKS will give her any priority based on their history and her splitting time with school. Outside jobs may be her only recourse now.

I'm just not sure what her goal is right now, considering that she now says she'll participate in SSK again next year. So what was skipping this one really all about?

I still have hope that they'll revive AKB48 teams and AKB48 members and somehow Tomu will play a greater part, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Tomu's Showroom (17-09-12)

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    I'm not sure whether the weather forecasting exam was one of her considerations. But, I believe if she runs for ssk she will be pretty busy with the senbatsu works and couldn't focus on studying for the upcoming exam.
    Moreover, we all know that she skipped the whole ssk cycle because of AKS treatments to her last year. Her mobame after her withdrawal explained everything. It might be so traumatic. Nonetheless, I learn something positive from her withdrawal and also mayuyu's senbatsu single announcement, she becomes more humble from what I've read from her mobame. Hopefully, she will soon figure out what will make her worth for AKB and of course, the management.

Speaking about team shuffle, I've been waiting for it and looking for the perfect event to do it. It seems there is no events that could possibly become the right place to announce it in the near future. The thanksgiving concert are only for those who run on ssk. It won't be possible for them to announce it during mayu's graduation concert unless there are two concerts in a day. Will it be on the theater anniversary? still not sure. Just hope for the best because team K is seriously running out of members.

I don't want to put such a high expectation but I hope that TanoTomu will be given an opportunity to lead Team K together.

8. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Tomu and Saho's SRs are a highlight of my SR viewership as of late...

I dunno... I feel it's their very-different personalities and ways of expressing themselves... yet their ability to smoothly interact like old friends with such relaxed enthusiasm... that makes it a must-see. It was even mentioned in the above 9/12 SR that the fans feel their SRs are almost like a manzai routine, or a couple's volleying back and forth. :lol: I gotta agree...

One sign their SR holds my attention... is I've been able to learn a bunch more Japanese just from watching 3 of their SRs, than in months of other methods. Granted my study schedule is pretty lax... but interest > study time for me historically. :^^;:

9. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    I love the chemistry between the two :lol: I think the latest showroom is probably worthy for subbing for the English fandom, the survey parts were pretty entertaining, they could be quite competitive hahaha

10. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
  11. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
  12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Tomu's Showroom (17-09-15)

13. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    With Tomu's reduced activities in AKB48, I found that I have followed the group less and less.

I think I'll only be in the periphery for a while until AKS decides to revive the teams or something, but their current operation (recruit a lot of members into new groups and just wait for gold) is not something I can enjoy. The senbatsu doesn't have much chemistry and AKB48 group activities have not been in much focus. New sister group narratives are also getting tiring.

It's a shame that AKS spends so much effort on controversies, new groups, and focusing on select individuals, while forgetting regeneration and producing a stirring narrative and supporting their camaraderie for the "new generation members". AKB48 members from 12th gen onwards that weren't part of Ori-4 should've gotten a "new sister group" treatment.

Well, it's been a fun few years.

14. muto48

muto48 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu

same....

15. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Sorry to lose you, you've been a great resource for things Tomu that I've seen...

I like her, but not really as much as the new faces that've come into focus lately thru SR. I understand her reasoning for her absence and her realization it affects her fans, but at the same time, isn't the sabbatical also a way to properly pave her exit route once better things become available? I can't imagine someone as intelligent and connected as Tomu not at least considering this, due to her age and prospects under current AKS priorities.

SR is a new, deeper portal into the personalities and lives of idols... and it obviously doesn't help every idol equally. Basically, it's really a scheduled press conference about you, by you, directly to fans. If you don't have the charisma to pull that off, then it can hurt more than help. Tomu's appearances (to me anyway) have been good, esp her TomuSaho collab vids... but I feel the format doesn't perfectly fit the demographic she's enjoyed up to now (the ojisan vote). A shame, but at least she's trying it out with the time she can spare.

Hope you pop in every now and then, all the best... :approve:

16. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Sad to see this thread now since Tomu reduces her activity. Eventho she appeared in AKBingo and got some screen time (and beautiful screen time like always) this week, didnt see any update here. She needs a momentum now to gain back her popularity and brings back the hype to her fans all over the world!

17. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Welp, all I can do to contribute to Tomu's thread since the big contributors have left... is post my fave Tomu SRs: the SahoTomu ones. :approve:

Love these two together. (Year of the) Dogs are happiest with friends around. :blush:

18. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Thanks man. Appreciate it! It'd been so quiet, even in the group LINE also very quiet lately. Fortunately for me, I still have Renacchi Naachan Sasshi's thread and group that favor me. If not, maybe I already get less interest to the 48G as well :cry:

19. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Sorry for not being able to update this thread but I always share everything related to Tomu on my twitter @akagi07 .
    I am still moving out to Singapore for the whole week and maybe will be updating Tomu's related stuff starting from next week.

20. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    @ayaelectro that's okay hahaha. So, now you live in S'pore? There's AKB Cafe at there, isnt it?

Anyways, she did showroom (with Shimizu Maria) too at todays event. Enjoy it:

I love it when she did many showroom, like she did recently with S(Y)ahho [hehe]