1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nagahama Neru (Neru) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by CutePanda, Dec 4, 2015.

1. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I've always hated these bunshun assholes, I mean what they're doing when they follow these girls around is ostensibly stalking. I think it was in one of the AKB documentaries they interviewed the guy who outed Sashihara Rino for dating and his attitude about looking to bring these girls down was that "someone has to do it" - they're just vermin.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Nagahama Neru. Somehow she looks thinner than before.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

instalive 11072020

cr uploader

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Oh shit, watching this was a one continuous kyun for me. Neru getting nervous just heals your soul.
    In fact, I liked the video so much, that I decided to try and translate it using my half-baked Japanese.
    Without further ado, the key points:
    • Recently Neru has been into movies. She mentions often going to the cinema. The movie she liked recently is All the Bright Places starring Elle Fanning. Neru describes one of the scenes where the main heroine fills "I want to be ___" sentence. At first she wants to write 'beautiful', but ends up writing 'I want to be brave'. Neru relates to this quote very much and says she wants to become brave too. She wants to get better at leading other people and speaking on the spot.
    • She likes films directed by Okita Shuichi such as Yokomichi Yonosuke and wants (?) to go watch Ora Ora de Hitori Igumo in the cinema.
    • As for food, she likes nabe with kimchi
    • Neru prefers buying clothes online
    • Recently she has been really into games. She owns the PS4. Neru speaks very highly and enthusiastically about Ghost of Tsushima. She also mentions playing Dead by Daylight and Apex Legends *not completely sure about the latter*
    • The movie she wants to watch the most right now is a French film The Translators (9人の翻訳家). She watched the director's (Régis Roinsard) previous work Populaire (タイピスト!) and liked it very much.
    • Favorite manga is Machida-kun no Sekai
    • The book she is reading now is Shinkokyu no Hitsuyo by Osada Hiroshi. Also recommends it.
    • Favorite oden fillings are shirataki noodles and yakidoofu (fried tofu).
    • She really wants to visit Nagasaki, but hasn't been able to recently. On her previous visit she hanged out with her family and traveled around by car.
    • She went out to eat steak at a family restaurant called Royal Host. Neru likes eating at family restaurants by herself.
    • Apparently a dish called chanpon is very tasty in Nagasaki
    • She can't decide what she wants to do with her hair: to cut it or to keep growing
    • The other day Neru went to a beaty salon together with Harada Aoi, who was very cute.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thank you, Neru, for posting on your Instagram how much you liked the Violet Evergarden movie (Violet Evergarden Gaiden - Eien to Jidou Shuki Ningyou ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン 外伝 永遠と自動手記人形). I watched it. Glad I'm as sentimental as you are.

The little girl is played by Yuuki Aoi. Her "elder sister" by Kotobuki Minako (Tsumugi in K-On). Good Kyoto Animation work. The first directoral job for Fujita Haruka 藤田春香. She did key animation on Nichijou and Hyouka. Then she went on to direct episodes of Hibike Euphonium and the Violet Evergarden series. Now this. Next a series? I liked the ED written and sung by Chihara Minori.

Thanks to @turbogig for the translation above.

So great to see Neru gradually climbing into the great big world. Is she one of those people who looks better and better as she moves further into her twenties? She does seem a bit slimmer, but also seems to remain her natural, charming, intelligent self.

Is the Bunshun piece about her having a boyfriend? Gosh. Who cares? Maybe Bunshun was just rushing to publish while people still thought of her as an idol. I have suspected that being able to date more easily was one of her reason for graduating. I even suspect it could have been one of Kakizaki Memi's reasons, too. Neru turned 22 in September. Memi will turn 19 next week.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    It was so good having you back until you put Memi and dating in the same sentence [hehe]
    but yeah, they both are growing up (SO FAST:cry2:) and Neru seems to be more at ease with herself than she had been in last period in Keyaki. I'm glad she's back in entertaintment world, even though I'm not sure where she's headed towards. Tv Shows? Acting?
    Just the other day @rdamon42 and I were talking about how freaking good she had been on TokuDare, I would love to see her trying another complex character like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I'll just say this: I love our girls very much, but Neru's acting was the only convincing performance out of the non-pro actors in that drama (yes, including Techi IMO). Maybe Yone too. She was the only one there not playing herself too I think, I mean, same name, but her personality was different.

She has a future in that field in my view should she choose it

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Nagahama Neru with Sawabe Yuu on Nariyuki Kaidotabi (なりゆき街道旅) where Sawabe is the MC. (Broadcasted on 6th Dec 2020)

*dead link*

Full episode

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV12t4y1Y7n4

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've just watched bits of her on 7Rules (video tells about someone's life, then group talks fairly seriously about it, and about themselves; on Kansai TV; she's a regular). Also Nariyuki Kaidotabi (with Sawabe-san, above, on FujiTV). And Gohan Japan ("Food Japan," on TV Asahi, in which she is in a field near Mount Fuji with a farmer pulling sweet potatoes from the soil; she says the soil "feels nice"). Also Suiensaa (a variety comedy on NHK Educational TV). And the radio show Pop of the World, where she is a vivid and smart DJ (and is the regular host). "She's everywhere, she's everywhere!"

Definitely more comfortable than when she began 7Rules, more in the rhythm of things. And she is so pretty and sweet and natural and solid. Big future keeps growing. Acting? Yes, I think so. But she is beginning to roll as a TV personality, it seems. There is something both easy and very Japanese about her, like an informal kind of Yamato Nadeshiko, both modest and strong. I can picture her appealing to all ages, kid to gran.

@Dill -- Sorry for mentioning Memi and dating in the same sentence. I should have restrained myself (lol). But I'm on her side: whatever she wants to do. Ditto for Neru, of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

Instalive 12272020

Cr uploadet

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I will never, ever get tired of that gorgeous smile of hers. I'm just glad she came back to the entertainment world again, she was definitely missed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Neru is magic. I just saw the first episode of her Legato series, from M-ON, in which she sits, beautifully dressed, in a beautiful room, reading intros to songs and playing the MVs. Magic.

Songs: Stuck with You (Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber); Good Guys (Mika); IDGAF (Dua Lipa); Guys (The 1975); free love (HONNE); Don't Look Back in Anger (Oasis); Television Romance (Pale Waves); Play a Love Song (Utada Hikaru).

It seems that she chose the songs herself, although that is not stated in the credits. Her commentary sounds quite personal and real, despite being read. Read so delicately. Amazing woman.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@Maeda_Toshiie -- Thanks for that Suiensaa episode about pen calligraphy. I've always liked Neru's writing -- clear, easy, relaxed. But what nerves of steel it must take to do it on TV in front of a calligrapher and have it critiqued, albeit gently. I remember when she wrote big kanji with a brush and had one displayed at a temple.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Baal

Baal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/8a495e2e61eb2e9d0c18bb3f78fd521a8ea51592
    On this day, program personality Riho Yoshioka (27) asked, "Looking back on your days as a member of Keyakizaka46, what kind of time did you have? Nagahama was asked.

Nagahama confessed that when she was in her teens, she was in a hurry to get on with her life, and was comparing herself and others with other people. I think it would have been better if I had taken it a little slower and watched more things.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thanks for this. Great to see Neru with Yoshioka Riho. One of the things Neru did as a teenager was watch Yoshioka-san's performance in the drama Quartet, and then praise it in her blog. So I watched it, too, and enjoyed it a lot. Neru moves up from fan to co-worker, lol.

This piece says that Neru, as Yoshioka-san's fan, sent her a signed copy of her photobook, Koko kara. Later, when they were on the same Christmas music program, Yoshioka-san gave Neru a pair of Santa socks.

This from the radio show UR LIFESTYLE COLLEGE on 10 January. This may be the same show referred to in the Yahoo article posted about by @Baal. Here's a not-that-great photo of them together at that show:

[​IMG]

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Neru is in the April issue of the fashion mag "with". In the interview, she says that when she is reborn, she wants to be reborn as herself again. What a wonderful attitude. Lucky girl.

[​IMG]

Comments on the picture:
    • "It's not fair. She's both cute and beautiful."
    • "As beautiful as a goddess."
    • "She looks so cute, in the light of the morning sun."

• Like Like x 1
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13