Nakanishi Aruno (Aruru) / 5th Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by halcyon, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

<3 Happy 20th Birthday Aruno!! <3

:ome::ome::ome:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope to hear more of her singing this year too and see more of her in general ^^

Btw I watched her first Showroom live and she was really cute, it was fun to watch.
    I love the part at 13:10 when she had to say a tsundere line and she laughed haha
    Also the "Arutan-san shuwa shuwa shuwa" at 31:18 <3

2. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Happy Birthday, Aruno-chan<3!!!:ome:

3. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    happy birthday, Aruru!

4. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    happy birthday

5. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    I recently stumbled upon a short clip of NHK Haiku. I haven't watched the episode or the show yet so I can't say what they were doing but judging from this clip, it seems like they went to a music shop and Aruno had a chance to play the drums.

She was asked if she played drums, she answered that she played a "little bit" and was excited seeing many drums.

https://twitter.com/kimu_ra10/status/1642303074579644416

Upon hearing it, I couldn't guess what she was playing but for some reason, sounds familiar but I recognized immediately that this is not a beat that can be played with someone who experienced playing drums "a little bit".

I read through the comments of that video and someone commented that it's take cover by mr. big. I couldn't believe it. I've been a fan of Paul Gilbert since I watched a lot of his guitar tutorials during my teenage years and that made me discover Mr. Big as well and I know most of their songs by heart. Another comment pointed out that it is indeed Mr. Big's Take Cover but Aruno bumped the tempo. It should be around 100 bpm but in that clip, she played it around 120~130 bpm. So this is the reason I wasn't able to identify it lol.

A veteran drummer/teacher commented on this too.

https://twitter.com/StudioLiteDrum/status/1642764443435307009

Rough trans: The drummer pointed out that Aruno played a very complicated afrobeat and can only be learned if she had an African drummer to teach her but that's not the case. It could be that she really played drums for a very long time or that she's just that gifted. Either way, it's not normal and he is surprised as well.

She might be a lot better than Asuka or Aya when it comes to drumming but she's just downplaying her drum skills, maybe because of the image/character she wants to portray.

Both the video clip and the drummer's commentary have blown up. You can read the comments in there yourself.

Honestly, I've always known that this girl is built different but each time, she just exceeded my expectations.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    She played for 3 years in the past. And, it is funny how she started playing drums.[hehe]
    Her story about playing drum, around minute 20:46

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
  7. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    It is Take Cover, she said so on her mobame. Maybe one of the reasons it's unrecognizable at first is that it's not an acoustic drum.

What I'm most impressed at is that techinque she's doing to produce those faster or I guess double-time notes on the tom with her right hand.
    Vibrato? Trill? I actually don't know what it's called. But you guys might know what I'm talking about. It goes 'trrr'
    This is not present in the original recording, which has consistent 8th notes. Maybe that's another reason why it sounds a little different.

8. Xena55

Xena55 Kenkyuusei

I'd like to believe she's just that gifted and just picked that up so going with that in my head. But really, I guess she went a bit too humble there. [hehe][hehe]

Good to see my girl going viral! Those tweets and clips have a lot of views.

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Here's a YouTube upload of Aruno playing the drums. She's so naturally cool. :cute:
    Nice to see her getting attention for it, and it was her first time being in the show.
    I saw her full cut, it was around 2 minutes. and still, she managed to go viral ;D

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    Thank you very much for this. The poster of that video included her Nogi app message in the description and translated it to english.
    Wow so she's a big fan of Mr. Big as well, and the song "To be with you" is her favorite song (my fave too). That song is Mr. Big's most popular song! (just listen to it and you'll know why)

Sharp knowledge and talent in Music + Good taste in Music = Nakanishi Aruno :1st:

RIP to Pat Torpey, Mr. Big's drummer

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I actually listened to the songs. and they're good!! I need more music recommendations from Aruno... and more of her singing, playing instruments... and more acting... everything [hehe]

12. Shima-can

Shima-can Kenkyuusei

By the way, this is Aru-chan's message about her drumming cover
    20230407_173138.jpg

13. Shima-can

Shima-can Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

2023.04.14 SR

Credit to uploader

• Like Like x 2
  15. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    This girl just said handshake events with the acrylic sheets etc are kinda like prison visits. I'm dead :^^;:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Shima-can

Shima-can Kenkyuusei

Lol, Aruno-chan's word sense is really interesting. still remember in last fixed point camera, that called Sakutan as 'Omoroi Jinrui' (おもろい人類)

17. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Weekly Shonen April 2023 :blush:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  18. Mana

Mana Under Girls