1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Name your favourite song... (READ THE FIRST POST!)

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by CDevil, Sep 8, 2007.

1. CDevil

CDevil Member

...by the artist above.

INFO
    I'm not sure how this will work but please bear with me because this might take a while. I tried to think of a good thread to put in this section because it's not as active as the others, but this is all I came up with. I was going to do a thread where you just list your favourite songs, but then I realised that just listing songs is hella boring, and once people have done that, they don't post again. Even if I asked people to write a comment about each song, we'd probably end up with loads of "its got a good beat, and I can dance to it", which would probably result in a lot of wasted effort.

THE AIM OF THE GAME
    Basically this thread is very similar to "The member above me" and "Describe the AKB48 member above" threads, but slightly more confusing different. What you have to do is name your favourite song by the artist mentioned in the post above, and then also write the name of one of your own personal favourite songs (by any artist) at the end of your post (just like the "Describe the AKB48 member above" thread).

RULES AND GUIDELINES
    -If you don't know who the artist above is, don't just go to wiki and randomly choose one of their songs. Take the initiative and go and listen to them. If you still don't like them, don't post, and wait for someone else to post. TIP: Go to Youtube or Veoh > enter '[the name of the artist] pv' into the search box > sort by 'View count' or 'closest match' > watch the videos.
    -The artists and songs don't have to be Japanese. However the more well known they are the better, and I'm assuming most of us listen mainly to J-music.
    -When writing a song by the artist above, you don't have to write the artist's name, but you do have to write both the artist name AND the song name when writing your own favourite.
    -Like the other thread, I don't really want the same artist to appear twice on the same page.
    -This seems harsh but DON'T post any AKB48 songs in this thread.
    -Yes the "wait 5 posts before posting again" rule still applies here. However if no one posts for 24 hours (which might happen in this section), I'm willing to ignore this rule for that moment.

L'arc en ciel - Flower B-)

2. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

^ I watched that PV on youtube and noticed that the vocalist likes to swing around his hair a little too much. :lol:
    L'arc en ciel - Ready, Steady, Go (The only song know from them because of Full Metal Alchemist :D )

Namie Amuro - Himawari This one of the first jpop songs I ever heard excluding anime songs.

3. Tales

Tales Kenkyuusei

Oh god, Namie Amuro has sooooo many good songs, specially the old 90s ones....
    I'll go with Amuro Namie - Body Feels Exit.

GARNET CROW - Spiral.
    if you don't like GIZA, you'll better not look at my posts

4. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

GARNET CROW - "Timeless Sleep" (the only song I have from them)

V6 - "Feel Your Breeze" (the first song that came to my mind)

5. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    ^ Ah, that's that band that Hana likes! 'tubed them and came across a performance of Take me higher, and considering a guy was actually flying, I think I'll chose that! Campest thing I've seen all day!

Nakashima Mika - Oborozukiyo~Inori

6. GTO

GTO Kenkyuusei

Mika Nakashima - Will ... (The Only song i like from her ^^)

Do As Infinity - Week

7. Mint

Mint Kenkyuusei

^ Do As Infinity - Fukai Mori. It's my favorite out of the two songs I've heard of theirs. The other one is Mahou no Kotoba ~Would You Marry Me?~

Otsuka Ai - SMILY

8. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

^Otsuka Ai - kingyo hanabi. It's such a nice song. I'm kinda partial to her more poppy, upbeat songs, but this one is one of her best for sure. I also like Happy Days, which most people seem to forget about.

ZONE - secret base ~Kimi ga Kureta Mono~

9. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

Zone - Akashi (I love the lyrics)

Ayumi Hamasaki - evolution

10. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

^"Evolution" is one of my favorites too. :D

Ayumi Hamasaki - Dearest (I like ballads XD )

Morning Musume - Happy Summer Wedding (I can't believe no one mentioned MM yet XD )

11. Erena

Erena Kenkyuusei

Morning Musume-I Wish( I have always found this song to lift me up whenever i'm down.)

SPEED-White Love

12. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

SPEED - My Graduation <3 I can never get over how excellent that song is, especially the bits where they sing/rap like they have tears in their throats. <3 <3 <3

Let's see...Every Little Thing - fragile

13. CDevil

CDevil Member

I've only heard a few of their songs, but their latest one is very catchy :) So I'll go with Kirameki hour.
    :lol: Yeah Hyde is a bit weird, in a very queer yet sexy way. When I say sexy I'm speaking from a woman's point of view.

YUI - Skyline (I want to fry will)

14. keiti

keiti Kenkyuusei

Yui-Good-bye days
    I like her music since feel my soul the melody of her music is so good to listen

Ikimonogakari-Sakura

15. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

Ikimonogakari - HANABI
    - I'm really getting into them, so far I love all their songs....
    (especially also, Natsuzora Graffiti and KIRA KIRA TRAIN)

Utada Hikaru - Hikari

16. dokidokisuru

dokidokisuru Kenkyuusei

Hikaru Utada - Flavor of Life
    I've really gotten into her music lately. <3

Satomi Takasugi - tabibito

17. CDevil

CDevil Member

^To be honest I had no idea who she was, but when I looked her up, I realised that she sang that song I really liked when I heard it on music station (tabibito). Unfortunately that's the only song she's released recently, so I'll go with Hyaku renka (a song which isn't released yet, but sounds really nice and soothing).

Hinoi team - King Kong (has anyone seen the original video for this song? My god what were they thinking when they let Hinoi team cover this song. On the plus side, the original is hilarious :lol: Perhaps it could do without the cartoon nudity though lol.

18. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

^ I was so obsessed with that song for a really long time, lol. I tried to look up the original, but no luck. :cry: But yea, with their suggested lyrics and band name, E-rotic, I was expecting the original video to be a tad bit raunchy. :shock:

Another song I like from them is "Play with the Numbers" (sounds like something you would say to kindergarteners XD )

Here's another one of my favorites: Shimokawa Mikuni - Kohaku

19. msnid

msnid Kenkyuusei

Shimokawa Mikuni - Kimi no Negai (キミの願い)
    I decided this to be my fav song after listening Sayonara mo Ienakatta Natsu's album

day after tomorrow - my faith :eek: :eek:

20. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Day After Tomorrow - "Prize"

Okay, I'll venture to go outside of J-music for this one...

Rodrigo y Gabriela - "Diablo Rojo" (So good! You have to hear this one!)