[NEW GROUP] JKT48

Discussion in 'JKT48 News & Releases' started by CatsRKawaii, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoeKare

MoeKare Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    moekare_100
    aih... I heard it would be on Dec 17th :^^;: so confusing :^^;:

2. Cathy

Cathy Kenkyuusei

They look.. promising? May have to keep an eye on them ~ :p

3. Kuroya48

Kuroya48 Kenkyuusei

IT'S OUT!! JKT48's Pocari Sweat CM!!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-2dpPJ_Nw[/yt]

Little bit of promotion: Follow my twitter http://twitter.com/JKT48wota

I'm doing my best to post timely update of JKT48 news :D

4. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Oh, beach theme? No bikinis ofc :hehe:

And their Japanese Hebirote is.... THAT ACCENT :fp: I CAN DO IT MUCH BETTER :hmm:

5. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

LOL it's not horrible but I could also pronounce better... >w< (But I've always been pretty decent at any accents for some reason...)

I kinda hope Rena (that was the Japanese girl's name, right?) will be more prominent in the songs they sing in Japanese.

6. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Japanese accent wasn't so good... but they pronounced the English better than AKB

7. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I agree. Their English is a lot better than your average Japanese person's English. I think that's largely due to the Japanese language having only certain sounds, though. I'm not at all familiar with Indonesian, but I'd assume it's a lot less limiting than Japanese, in terms of the variety of sounds. At least, that's what I gather from watching the video clips of them, so far.

8. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

That was quite well done IMO actually ^^" They're all so beautiful, but I can't seem to find one that really catch my eyes, so IDK who would be my JKT oshi.

9. makananjugaseni

makananjugaseni Kenkyuusei

Looks like I have to wait for the members to get more personal exposure until can decide my true JKT48 oshi

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about. If it's the commercial you're referring to, then I can assure you there is no apparent accent whatsoever. One MIGHT make out an R in "natteru" that is slightly more trilled than the textbook Japanese one, but you gotta know it's there for it to sound like that really.
    The words are not as easy to make out as in the original (probably due to recording, differently pitched voices) and the voices are generally different of course. But I think you're hearing things that are not there.

Then again, it's only two lines of text. Once the full version gets out, I expect there to be some accents though, especially in the solo parts.

11. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

Regarding to the accent, I can't really hear it, just a little bit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hvru6yl ... re=related here is one minute of the song.
    I think they are doing a good job, I am doubtful still of their success on indonesia, but I do hope they do develop there.
    And regarding to the rest of the CM its quite cute, but I have a question: was it aired in japan or indonesia? since I hear them speak indonesian (is it the right word? :fp: )
    Well lets wait for their debut, but I think Aki-p is putting more effort on HKT48 now... :hmm:

12. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Like I said, it's not horrible but I still think I could do better. But I have always been good at that kind of thing anyway. I'm saying it's not perfect. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying it's not as good as it could be, but it's still basically a passing grade. I still think it'd be smart to let Rena have a slightly more prominent voice in Japanese songs though. >.<

After hearing the one minute version, I still stand by my point. Not the best, there is definitely room for improvement in terms of pronunciation. But it's still good enough for now. =)

13. makananjugaseni

makananjugaseni Kenkyuusei

it was aired in Indonesia, and almost evrytime in any TV station :D

but i don't know whether it will be aired overseas or not, since japan had it's own pocarisweat commercials

and to be fair, i think , yes, jkt48 hebirote version is still behind their sister's version,
    but i think it's okay, since it's JKT48 1st single, and AKB48 sing it for their 17th single,
    so I agree there's still plenty room for improvement^

14. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

since im indonesian, somehow makes no common sense why are they being pushed to say 'hey-bee' and 'myu jikku' instead of plain english 'heavy' and 'music'.

every most indonesian can pronounce english easily, sounds weird if they're not doing so[wonder]

15. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    That's because, though they might originally stem from another language, those words have been assimilated into Japanese. I'm sure the JKT girls could pronounce it like proper English, but it would sound off.
    You get the same thing with a lot of native English speakers (especially Americans). They often seem to be unable of getting used to pronouncing English words like the Japanese do, resulting in such things as "Watashi wa AMERICA kara kimashita", with a single word in perfectly articulated southern accent. :D I hear that all the time. Proper Japanese intonation spliced with sounds entirely alien.
    Go to McDonalds over here and try ordering a "Double quarter pounder with cheese" instead of a ダブルクオーターパウンダーチーズ. You might not get what you're looking for. ;)

It's the same everywhere though, really. Don't expect English-speaking people to correctly pronounce French or German loan words, or vice versa.

16. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I think pronouncing English words like Japanese pronunciation has to do with the way the song lyrics flow.

If the song is timed to have a certain amount of syllables sung for a certain word, maybe the English pronunciation won't fit.

I can think of MANY words that don't have the same amount of syllables. And I've tried singing Japanese songs with English pronunciation of borrowed words, and it doesn't sound right. Especially when the words are longer or shorter and just don't fit.

So if they are singing in Japanese then it makes sense to sing with Japanese pronunciation.

17. Tensai Komorin

Tensai Komorin Kenkyuusei

Yea.. yea.. love them! I watched their profile videos on youtube. Personally, I found myself rooting for Ghaida http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8nnqtsm8fk. Especially, when I heard her voice trembled saying, "My mom was crying, too, coz 'orang kampung' like me could join JKT48."

While 'orang kampung' might be simply translated into 'country man (or girl in her case)'', to call someone 'orang kampung' in Indonesia could be a pretty rude insult. For Ghaida to humbly and publicly state that she is 'orang kampung' is extremely un-idol-like, yet it is so captivating! I fell head over heels with her :inlove:. You have my support, girl!

18. Callighan

Callighan Kenkyuusei

I agree with your assertion.
    Just imagine;
    Some vowels loose their accent (like the B in the Japanese "Hebi" instead of "Heavy".
    And Myu-Ji-Ku flows better than Music.
    If you try singing the lyrics with English pronunciation, you'll notice how awkward it sounds.

Touché!
    Exactly why I like her.

Bytheway, JKT48 might need a "localised" intro other than
    Tiger, Fire, Cyber, Fiber, Diver, Viber, Jya Jya!'

19. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Yes, if the syllables are different "myu-ji-ki" vs "mu-sic", pronouncing if correctly would mess with the rhythm of the song. But in cases where the number of syllables are the same, "Hebi" vs "Hevi" or
    "I wan chuu" vs "I want you" , I don't think it sounds awkward if they pronounce the English better. A lot of the words, particularly phrases, used in Jpop songs are not so much "loan words" as actual English in the song that is just being pronounced poorly. The entire phrase "I want you. I need you" is not something that would be used in everyday Japanese conversation at all. A lot of Japanese would not know what those phrases meant (unlike, myu-ji-ku or A-me-ri-ka, for example) So, I think it's different than mispronouncing a Japanese katakana word if the Indonesian girls say it closer to the English version.

20. Callighan

Callighan Kenkyuusei

Mm.. I guess you're right on that. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.