1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[NEW GROUP] TPE48 (Taipei, Taiwan)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by caramujo, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NganBee

NganBee Kenkyuusei

^make no mistake, Jpop is very popular in western countries, as much as kpop, of cos you can't expect everyone of them get to like such songs that they can't even understand but according to many previous events, concert... idol groups have a stable fan base, at least for AKB, but that doesn't mean I support another weird sh!t of xxx48, this is just too much [boom]

well, at least c-pop is easier to swallow and i-pop... (<- is that one even exist? :blink: )

2. ChocolateMochii

ChocolateMochii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    So is TPE48 even happening they never really say anything but I know another member posted they're debut will be later this month but with no announcements lately I have little hope. So in Taiwan they sing Chinese Im guessing? They can't be better then JKT though, I was surprised I love them so much when they debuted now they're my favorite 48 group. I personally don't like the sound of the Chinese language but I'll still be willing to give them a chance

3. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I don't know but this article mention in the tittle something like this

"...AKB48 Kitahara Rie visit to Taiwan [TPE48] announcement in the End of the Year..."
    AKB北原里英、台湾を訪問し「TPE48」の年内始動を発表!

If anyone here known japanese more than me, please translation. [bow]

http://news.searchina.ne.jp/disp.cgi?y= ... _012.shtml

Was published an hours back.

4. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

^ The article mentions some goods sold in the AKB official shop with "TPE Coming Soon" printed on it. As for the schedule, there is only one short line: TPE48は2012年内の正式デビューを予定しており meaning "TPE48 is planned to have official debut within 2012". But I wonder whether the audition has already taken place?

For what you said, you will be subject to 480 hour non-stop listening of Mandarin and Cantonese songs to understand the beauty and charm of the Chinese language!!!

Just like JKT48 sings in Bahasa Indonesia, TPE48 will sing in Mandarin I am sure. This is the way to win local fans, although of all countries in the world I believe popular affinity towards Japanese is highest in Taiwan (it is the only place outside Japan where you can buy a large variety of really obscure Japanese music; and I think it boasts the highest Japanese schools per capita outside Japan)

There is always a rumor that the AKB management's real objective is China market so resource is being focused mainly on SHN48 and TPE48 is put in the backburner, but I do not know how true this rumor is - but then at least we have some schedule for SHN48: Audition this fall, and public stage performance Dec 08 (AKB theater anniversary date) this year. On the other hand, while the announcement last year about TPE48 made the schedule for debut in 2012 summer, there has been little news about TPE48 in recent months except the one above about official debut within 2012...

As for idol group in a non-Asian country --- forget about it. The hostility and tendency to misunderstand is way too deep and entrenched in most western countries. None of the mainstream media gets it right about what idol group is about and only looks at the sex part of the whole thing. Whatever fan base there may be dedicated but it is also a very very minor niche which cannot support a local manifestation of an idol group.

5. ChocolateMochii

ChocolateMochii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    I'll be willing to listen to mandarin Chinese pop music if you have any recommendations and try to appreciate the language more

For 48 groups outside of Asia , it will never work. America sucks and won't except the concept of idols (I'm so patriotic lol) female vocal groups only work here if they're directed to little girls or the members are total sluts and only get by with there sex appeal. I find America's sense of beauty when it comes to woman kind of disgusting some times, if a 48 group was here it would look terrible with American members. I don't think it would work in Canada either, but maybe Mexico(but probably not with all the crime now/ i have family in mexico and they allways tell us crime is big in mexico)or another country in south America , I think some AKB songs would probably sound good in Spanish. Bottom line is I'll probably never see a 48 stage or handshake event.

I have been studying Japanese whenever I can so maybe some day I'll get to travel to Japan to see the AkB theater or maybe a handshake event(I'm still a bit confused with what happens at them, what do you even say?)

6. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

To be honest, I have not listened to much Chinese pop these days as my attention is totally drawn to Japanese idol pop and anime songs, but I still listen to songs from singers like Faye Wong occasionally. The following are some of my most favorite of hers. Not sure if it works for you but I always get really moved by her singing (and the lyrics)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln3T7vCmkss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f6Cv9PrU08
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ruFFLOgsQ
    For really legendary mandarin singer, there is always Teresa Tang (RIP)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51xS4yXbryc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xcxCv06tXk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vzmTa2y4Bs

This is how AKB becomes when it reaches Mexico
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdVQ46aN2PE[/yt]

Do we really want that?!? This is exactly how an idol group may be "transformed" in western countries with the sexualisation jacked up multiple notches for "appeal" purpose.

BTW, that group is not officially sanctioned by AKB in Japan and they never pays any royalty as they claim to be just a "parody group".

7. aquaticdragons

aquaticdragons Kenkyuusei

In response to the two quotes above (I put in spoiler since it's a bit off topic).
    Please don't remind us of that failure parody! It is is one of the most embarrassing things for any mexican or any person that knows/understands Spanish to watch this horrendous disaster.

Anyways, I also think the akb concept might work in Mexico too. I think some of the songs would translate good in Spanish. I think this fandub cover was done well.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHt0G3Gj4VE[/yt]
    This person made this video after seeing that horrendous video because they were so embarrassed and mad.

If there ever is a mex48 it would probably be under one of the two major tv stations for promotions (Televisa or TVazteca). Whichever tv station they fall under would probably make a teen drama, of course I think they would have boys in them too. But it would be like other teen dramas so it wouldn't be anything new which might make the group look lame, untalented and just another product out there but more known. Recently new teen groups/bands come out from the novelas...Of course, the no boyfriend rule would go out the window, I don't think the general public or the media cares. Another thing that one can predict would be rumors of the girls not liking each other and fighting.

Here is a teen novela song.
    The group/band is from a novela that started airing this year in Mexico.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe8iExjIglA[/yt]
    If an official one is made it won't be like the horrible parody, but it would probably still have a lot of "flaws" and obviously different from akb48 because of the cultural differences.

Anyways I'm looking forward to TPE48!
    I want to see how the competition between SNH48 & TPE48 will be since they are both targeting the mandarin speaking market.

8. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

^ I am sure some AKB songs will sound good in Spanish, but whether it will make a good AKB group in Latin America is another thing. At the end one must consider how much we want to remove from the AKB concept to suit the local culture and how far we can go before we can no longer call them an idol group. And if the group is no longer an idol group, how does it differentiate from the other teen pop dance groups vying for attention? As far as I know, groups like TPE, JKT or SHN will keep most if not all the characteristics of the AKB group (although I am not sure if JKT will hold handshaking event) -- and these are deeply appreciated by the local fans -- which will be how the franchise would work outside Japan.

9. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    ^ JKT's first event WAS handshake event lol. I'm sure all sister groups will keep that. :^^;:

10. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    No news on TPE still? If they decided to cancel the project would they announce it or try to just let it fade?

11. pujp_chan

pujp_chan Kenkyuusei

they have plurk? haha interesting :D

12. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Guess this never happened? Any official announcement?

13. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    TPE48 is only a myth
    It actually never exist as it's only an illusion in your mind

no kidding
    snh is going to start theirs in early 2013 and most likely if tpe doesn't have anything to do until the late 2013, then we can clerly say this project is abandoned/cancelled

14. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    My guess here is that Aki-P is playing the risk by going all in with SNH48 first and leaving TPE in progress just to see how things will go. Who knows, if SNH is successful then TPE shouldn't be too far behind

15. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Kitarie mention that the project will start soon, but that was back in her visit to Taiwan back in July.

And according the the Wiki and this article, the project is pushed back and now slotted for this summer.

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/201211 ... 00-n1.html

But yeah, so far it has been a ghost project.

Rumor in Chinese AKB sites seem to pointing at Yoshimoto Taiwan (subsidiary of Yoshimoto Kogyo co. Japan's largest talent agency and show production company that partially owns NMB) having issues with potential sponsors.

16. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

What happened to TPE48?
    Some one titer AKI-P!!!

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I wouldn't be surprised if SNH was originally planned to be TPE and they decided for the forget those in order to avoid political conflicts... a sister group of AKB48 in Taiwan and NOT in mainland China? No, no, no...

18. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I'm curious if this project will ever get off the ground. I feel like I've even seen TV shows recently that list TPE as something that exists. But I sort of hope it doesn't, at least not until all the other groups get new original stages. I think Aki P and management already has their hands full with the other groups and don't need a new distraction.

However, since SNH is finding success so far, I can only imagine that TPE is next, it seems a logical choice.

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I find more logical a sister group in South Korea, surfing the Korean Wave and everything.

Kpop versions of AKB songs? HELL YEAH! [rock]

20. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Oh boy, that will never happen though :D For lots of reasons...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.