[NEW GROUP] TPE48 (Taipei, Taiwan)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by caramujo, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sizardow

sizardow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    sizardow
    Wow... big project... I just read a news about this.. they say 'more detail will announced while Takahashi Minami arrives Taiwan'
    *Takamina is a real boss of akb48:lol::lol:*

2. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Yeah I think TPE48's death was pretty much confirmed when SNH debuted. And with rumors of GNZ48 and BEJ48 being on the way I pretty much think TPE48 can be forgotten.
    So Taiwanese girls in AKB48? I'm assuming they would be required to speak Japanese? This is doable, I remember Morning Musume had two chinese girls in the group for a couple of years so if they're talented I'm all in. :blush:

3. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

I don't get the point of this. Why specifically girls from Taiwan? The only explanation would be that they'd still like that Taiwanese sister group to happen, but for some reason they have to test the waters or promote the idea first before they can succeed. Or maybe it's just a way to make up to the Taiwanese fans, like we promised you a sister group which isn't going to happen so at least we'll give you a few Taiwanese AKB members

4. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Pretty much this. :^^;:
    As much as I'd love TPE48 to happen, I really doubt it will now, unless the Taiwanese AKB girls get ultra popular or something.

5. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    FINALLY!
    It's a very nice move from the management, as the 48G regularly visit Taiwan for event and such. They also have quite a big fan base there (to the point that they even make some kind of a petition so TPE become reality years ago) and i'm pretty sure that the kennin member will be able to work with them

6. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    So what do they really plan on with the Taiwan Auditions? Another Nozawa Rena perhaps?
    While they're at it, they should get a good performer from SNH and airdrop her into Team K. (Oh wait, we already have Mariyannu)

7. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    TPE are canceled midway because they didn't find any investor, or at least that what the rumor says. Now they're back

Instead of transferring a SNH member to AKB (which might be something hard to do remembering that SNH barely get a chance to work in Japan), they might transfer SNH member that originated from Taiwan to TPE instead.

I can't wait for SEA48, South East Asia48

8. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I'd rather keep Wanwan in SNH and get a whole new bunch of girls for TPE if the group were ever to happen. Her transfer wouldn't be justifiable by her popularity (she is popular in SNH but I doubt she's popular in Taiwan) so unless she wants to pull a Nozawa Rena and go back to her homeland I really don't see why she would transfer to TPE.

9. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

I doubt TPE can be resurrected since they started SNH. It would be weird to have two Chinese speaking sister groups. I am against having foreign members in a akb. I remember morning musume had 2 Chinese members and that didn't work out too good. Even if Taiwan is considered a friend of Japan, they are still culturally different. My only guess is that they are using this to increase their influence in Taiwan, but I feel that Taiwanese fans are already devoted to AKB already.

10. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    When are they going to make a ENG48 (England48)? I want to join AKB too :awesome:

11. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

What are you talking about? They were the best thing that happen to MM in years. They were both entertaining. Linlin was arguably the best vocalist next to Aichan in the group and Junjun was hilarous as comic relief like Kamei on every variety/interview show. Just give her a banana and its pure entertainment gold!

12. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

BEJ and GNZ are already incoming so there's now 3 chinese sister groups

13. Jamie

Jamie Kenkyuusei

Staffs are so crazy. Why do they need Taiwan girls in AKB? We have enough girls need to be pushed. I'm so confused :fp:

14. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    4 if you add TPE. And i can see more sub group popping out in China, HongKong48 Macau48

15. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    @plomeplome I know BEJ stands for Beijing but GNZ??

And kinda OT but what are those two other Chinese sister groups gonna cover? SNH has been eating AKB's discography faster than JKT tbh.

16. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Guangzhou, another super rich city. Very close to Hongkong too

There're plenty of songs left tho + sister groups. As for stages it doesnt matter if they use the same

17. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Remember Miyazawa Sae went to SNH48 and there was a whole lot of problems that occurred internally. Chinese don't have sempai - kyouhai relationships like Japan.

18. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    @Kappa Aside from the Visa issues and country politics, what other problems were there?
    In the footage that I've seen Sae interact with the SNH girls, most of them looked up at her with respect.

@plomeplome so basically SNH will be AKB and BEJ & GNZ will be the SKE & NMB of China. They should make TPE the HKT while they are at it :^^;:

To be honest I had so much hope for SNH when they first came out.
    But my interest dwindled when Sae & Mariyannu couldn't join.
    On top of that they covered AKB songs at a very alarming rate and churned out a new single every now and then.
    They even managed to screw up my most anticipated PV from them which was Flying Get. smh

19. mayuoshiri

mayuoshiri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Isn't Taiwanese just a different form of Chinese? What would be the point of having two Chinese speaking groups if Beijing48 and Guangzhou48 were "confirmed" already??

20. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    What's the point of having 5 Japanese speaking groups then?
    They can release different songs as singles, or the two new groups (that are still a rumour by the way) can release SKE and NMB songs respectively. From the top of my head SNH only covered two sister group songs and only one has been officialy released. So one group could focus on SKE and the other one on NMB. Guangzhou48 would cover the songs in cantonese actually and not in mandarin like Shanghai48 is doing (and like what Beijing48 would do) so it would sound very different from SNH.
    Keep in mind that Taiwan and the mainland are very different. Ok Mandarin is spoken in both regions but having a Taiwanese version of the group wouldn't be redundant since it wouldn't exactly target the same market.
    @evile1690 I answered you in the SNH thread so that we don't go even further in the OT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.