[NEWS] SDN48 Disband April 2012

Discussion in 'SDN48 News & Discussion' started by JedixKnight, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

omfg :(

2. `icha-chan`

`icha-chan` Kenkyuusei

wtfwtfwtf </3

sdn is like my second favourite out of the 48 groups D:

i'm really gutted... :cry:

what's going to happen with CINDY <//////3

3. shonenfan4

shonenfan4 Kenkyuusei

1 of the worst news to wake up to since the last graduation...
    I blame Nogizaka46 for this! :angry:
    Hopefully they at least release SDN48's 1st stage on cd before this...

4. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

whats the meaning of "the first chapter"?
    im expecting a reform,regroup or rename,so we can see "the second chapter" [think]

5. Hana

Hana Kenkyuusei

I'm going to try waiting for Suppon (since as was mentioned, Nachu said they'd talk more about it) before I really flip out, but the first thing I thought when I read this was that this stinks of the big Elder Club graduation (for those that followed H!P back then). Yeah, I understand the logical reasons for this to be happening, but it doesn't mean it hurts any less.

Also we damn well better get a stage CD before the graduation concert.

6. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

You need to define failure.

Choosing to end a project so that a new more profitable project can come about, is not a failure in the norms of capitalism, but just good sense. There are no indications that SND was not a profit making enterprise in this decision. Thus they were not a failure under the norms of capitalism.

They also made people happy, so they did not fail in doing this. They also had some popularity, so they did not fail here.

Is not existing forever your definition of failing? This would explain why SDN is the first to fail, but this is a pretty trivial definition of fail as we all will fail when we stop existing.

Akimotosensei is sagacious enough to work the capitalist system well. This is just part of some plan to have even more success (money) and we have yet to see the next step.

7. koinoangel

koinoangel Kenkyuusei

I just read this on Arama, and ugh............. I'm so upset right now :cry: :cry: :cry: .....They were the only group besides Diva that actually had a drastically different concept from your typical bubblegum pop group, and I really loved them :(. I understand that they didn't sell as much as other 48 groups, but I feel they were definitely not promoted as much.

And I feel particularly bad for 3rd generation (which practically just joined) and Meetan (who worked so hard on her her solo single to stay in AKB48, and when she did graduate, SDN48 was practically made to highlight her ultra sexy image which made her so different from AKB48 members)....UGH :cry: :cry: .... Words can't describe how upset I am right now :(

8. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    This will mean more open slots in the theatre for the AKB teams to perform? what with team 4 now.. maybe they think if they axe off SDN (who don't follow the other xxx48 pattern of teams, appearing in events etc) and fill their slots with more AKB.. they'll sell more merch?
    It's not to help the girls, it's a business decision. They think they can make more money elsewhere, they've got another 2 Japan based 48 teams on the way.. 2 Asian teams, and a rival group. Maybe they see SDN48 as the weak link.
    This has come a bit out of the blue, I don't really follow SDN really but, poor yukarin :cry:

Most of the xxx48 teams money I'd imagine comes from merchandise / single sales. SDN's singles weren't as high as the other groups, and since we can't see their merchandise figures, you have to assume it's business. They don't make much money on the theatre shows, if at all. It's a loss leader..because they know most people who go to the theatre then wander into the official shop and drop a tonne of money on items. So selling out the theatre isn't enough, if it isn't translating into the extra money making sales elsewhere. That's my guess anyway.

9. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

10. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Perhaps it's just that. AKB48, SKE48, NMB48 ... are similar concepts and that makes easy the 'family' concept and the 'crossovers' (I mean when members from one group perform or appear in a PV of another group, like the Matsuis). SDN48 is something quite different and sometimes seems a bit out of place in the same 'family' than the other groups (they have sometimes performed in the same concert with the other groups, but that's all, afaik). Perhaps Aki-P & friends decided it was time to homogenize again the brand. [think]

11. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Basically bullshit management reasoning.. the girls were too relaxed and weren't trying hard enough to reach their dreams outside of SDN48.. so by graduating them, they can continue to chase their dreams.

Ie.. We wanted more sales, they didn't provide.. your sacked, don't let the theatre door smack your asses on the way out. Cutthroat business.

It should be noted, their graudation date is set as the DAY BEFORE APRIL FOOLS.. this could be a huge akimoto troll to sell more stuff.

12. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    Not very important, but it's bugging me.

What will be done with the SDN48 board? Is the whole thing being moved to the graduated girls board or is it going to be left as is?

13. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    That's the biggest load of steaming crap I've ever heard. How dare they take Noro away from me! ;__;

14. Makito

Makito Kenkyuusei

It could be that Aki-p wants to anger fans, create protest sorta like that one girl from AKB (I think was fired but fans protested or something and she came back...Idk) and fans will be like...NOOO WE LOVE *buys already more than the epic amount of stuff to prove how much they love them, thus in turn raking in more cash* Then Aki-p will be like "Ohhh well it seems the world still wants you...JK"

OR

Aki-p could be like hahaha...I was jk...it's actually just the new single called "Disband" set to be released next...year.

OR

This could all be real and I may never see Nachu or Meetan ever again.

I really hope he's trolling us hard because I DO NOT know how I can deal with just AKB/SKE/NMB giddy gaga-ness almost all the time (excluding the occasional badass AKB numbers)

I mean AKB has the overall idol image, SKE is the Hyper A-Go-GO group, NMB seems to be the more cooler (or so I thought until "Oh My God") group and then we got HKT which seems to be a huge loli-tron fest. SDN was that adult more mature group and it was really refreshing. I mean without more SDN songs my 48-playlist is gonna be all "AGAGAGGAGAAGAGAHAHDHAHDGHAD DANCE HYPER HYPER GAAAAAAA" like all the time.

And the sells are FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR from failure status. Failure status is like the first AKB-show when like...7? people were in the audience...but look at them now. To say that it's because of sells is Caca in the Poop-hole...makes no sense why they couldn't make it with their sales numbers.

Unless the number of sales weren't enough to support the group...in that case I say Graduate the older people...and reduce the number so YOU CAN support the group...not get rid of the group as a whole. :angry:

15. Criss

Criss Member

Even so they disband [think] [think] [think]

Mmmm let me see.... AKB48 was succesful in all that too... And they disband every 2 years to be more succesful? :wtf:

Come on.

I think that maybe this concept didnt work for the managments goals, whatever they were. And is not big deal. Of course they can come up with a NEW group because the firts concept was (ok) maybe [think] a failure. Akimoto and AKS can make mistakes for Gods sake [think] . They are only taking correcting actions, thats all, if this means a new group with a new concept in the future fine, good for them. If they didnt plan to bring back the group fine, they have more 48 groups to care about anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the end the real question is; What was wrong? Why not just a few Grads? Like the half of SDN was fresh elements, some of them very talented, a normal readjust could be enough, its more easy if you graduate the... I dont know... the oldest (lazy, troublemaker. Pick one), bring a kick ass composer, to plan a new Stage and first concert with the girls that are left. Simple, capitalist and effective.

Anyway, if they reboot the group I hope they hire good elements (that dont require another reboot in 2 years :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

16. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    It's not like we ain't gonna see any of these members ever again once they graduate. I sure hope to see Nonti in something new.

In the blog, it's put as "graduation of all members" - no mention of an end to SDN itself, so they might still be considering to run it with a completely new cast.
    I feel that we're going to see further developments until April. Guess Akimoto knows what he's doing.

17. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    SDN were useful when AKB proper weren't able to supply enough girls to fill the theater performances. Remember last year when 19/20 shows were either SDN or kenkyuusei? Now that they've got a crap-load of kenkyuusei and Team 4, they don't need them anymore. Aki-P is stretched super thin already, so they cut their weakest player.

18. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

It has yet to be seen if SND has disbanded or will take some new form.

Still, nonetheless, it is perfectly reasonable to say that "SDN disbanded after a highly successful two year run in the Don Quixote Theater." There are many ways they succeeded and the only "failure" you seem to identify is (possibly) disbanding.

Another reasonable statement, "AKB48 disbanded after a groundbreaking, innovative, and highly successful five year run, only to be dismantled, reorganized, and reformed into a new organization Akimoto hoped would bring even greater success in the future."

While it is much more common to reform after failures, it can also be the case that one recognizes the limitations of one's current organizational model's ability to take one into the future and transforms this successful organization into one even better organized for greater success in the future.

Stalinism, with a great deal of brutality, succeeded in turning one of the most underdeveloped countries in the world into world power and the first people into space. But rather than adapt and change their model for success in the future, they stagnated and collapsed.

Western Civilization is at a similar crossroads. It has provided, with capitalist economic organization, a great deal of productive capacity and the potential for freedom, but if it does not change its organizational structure, it risks destroying the entirety of human civilization.

Akimotosensei is pretty wise. AKB48's enormous popularity has changed the conditions for which their success and his personal success has existed in. SDN is part of that success. Given how brilliant a person he is, he is quite likely altering his organizational structure to adapt to his changing circumstances in the hopes of maintaining and improving the successes SDN has played an important part in building for him.

Now, if Akimoto only ran the world, we might all survive the coming ecological and economic dislocations caused by the successful accumulation of capital by the current modes of economic organization.

19. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    It's pretty clear from the statements that the women of SDN will no longer be part of the xxx48 organization....

This has not be phrased as a "restructuring" or a "reformatting" it's a mass graduation. The team shuffle was never called a graduation. Without exception, every time a girl has graduated, she has left the company. We may see many of these girls again, but whatever they do from here, it's not going to be anything "48"

20. Charlokylie

Charlokylie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    ......................................................................................

there are no words