1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NFL - American Football - Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Bushido, Aug 31, 2014.

1. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    I agree Denver's fate lies with their D. If they can keep the game close then they have a chance.

In a shootout, Denver can't keep up anymore. Manning's skills are declining and let's face it his receiving corp isn't as good as it was a couple of years ago.

2. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Right now, I don't care who wins... I just waiting for this sh*t to be over and all these people go home. Hope they enjoy Levi's Stadium, the place even locals won't pay to be there. :awesome:

Oh yeah, Go Cam! #Superman :awesome:

3. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

The thing I don't get is... do a lot of people really hate Cam Newton that much... or just the regular amount? Because a lot of people hate Peyton Manning too and call him a choke artist. And even more people hate Brady and call him a cheater or Shady. And yet still... even more people hate Ben Roethlisberger and keep saying he should be in jail. And last time I checked all these dudes are white.

4. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Cam is black though.
    But I don't think it's the race factor; it's just that these quarterbacks are extremely popular and all popular people have people who dislike them.
    People feel threatened for their teams when versing these famed players and naturally, it leads people to say mean things.
    It's natural.

5. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ But Cam Newton specifically interjected his race into the argument though. I cannot remember exactly what he said but something like... people don't like him because they fear him because he's black and can do things at the QB that has never been done before because of his size... or something like that. And now I gotta listen to a bunch of people on espn talk about race stuff instead of football for almost an entire week. The good thing... nobody is focusing on Manning's HGH investigation or noodle arm anymore. <_< >_> Go broncos!

6. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    From what I understand about his statement, he's probably just frustrated by the media's constant prodding of his personality. I honestly don't believe Cam Newton has a lot of haters, the question he was asked referred to him as a "lightning rod", which is the most popular label he's been given for the last two weeks now (and he's probably been hearing it a lot). Most people I've heard from don't seem to mind him...it's just that haters will sound the loudest no matter what. It's the media looking for content and discussions they can bring to the Super Bowl, and Cam slipped up a little, but from his perspective as a person born in the south, maybe he's had experiences to make him think that way.

Whatever the case, he'll have to learn to take some criticism to be who he is, and maybe after a while people will start getting used to him. The reason there's so much attention on him now, and he's got to understand it: the bigger you get the more people will be watching you.

I miss excessive celebrations, I think Cam plays the game in a new and exciting way, with lots of emotion. He gives footballs to kids and tries to have a good time. I'm all for it.

7. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    My only hope for this game is that it's not a one-sided affair. I'll take a low scoring game, I'll take a high scoring game, I'll take a game where there's like 4 lead changes in the fourth quarter. If one side seems to be too dominant early on, I'll probably just turn the game off and go do something productive.

8. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    as a bucs fan who has been to see cam in person when they come to play tampa in the division I can tell you this kid is loved by even his opposing team's fans.people came to see jameis but even more so to see cam. so I believe cam has more supporters than haters.this says a lot being he destroys us in the division.guy is wildly popular here in tampa.

9. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Today is the day, can't wait!

if the video does not show watch the video here

10. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I can't root for any team. But I wish these two teams well. Who knows what will happen...but one thing's for sure - history will be made! The grand slam of Heisman, college football championship, NFL MVP and the big champion? Or Peyton Manning's 200th win in what it could be his final stage? Time will tell...

(Checking S48 early because of #SB50 - and have to study for another exam tomorrow as well.)

11. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I'm feeling like that broncos secondary is about to get slashed up pretty bad.and Carolina's linebacker group is going to give manning's receiver's a total fit but I don't know I mean I think manning has to beat them deep in this one

12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Beautiful sunny day in my corner of the country. Perfect for a Superbowl Sunday BBQ. And I am stuck inside sick as f*** from being feasted on by spiders last night. Not happy.:(

13. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Was happily surprised by lady gaga's rendition of the national anthem, on my scale from meh to Awesome (awesome being Whitney Houston), she ends up much higher than I would have thought.

14. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I'm so nervous right now.... hehe
    Grew up in Denver, but grandparents live in North Carolina, of course I'm for the Broncos but it won't be the end of the world if Carolina wins it (nothing will feel as bad as the Seahawks game :cold:)

Anyway, just hope for a great and close game, with the Broncos winning!

15. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    at the second half I gotta say the broncos front is disrupting the panther's pass attack pretty good but the broncos offense isn't doing that great either.i hope cam and the gang wake up and get this slow start going.

16. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Panthers get the ball to start second half, if they get a TD this could be momentum turning.

Denver's D has been amazing at stopping Cam but if the offense doesn't get TDs they won't go the distance.

17. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    By the way, another meh halftime show for me.... An Aki P or Koba produced show would be awesome...

18. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    That Superbowl Babies CM with Seal. So full of WIN!:rofl:

19. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I must say this is the worst offense I've ever seen in my entire life. Seriously just one TD and the Broncos win this game...
    I'm not a huge American football fan, but has a team ever won the super bowl without an offensive touchdown?

20. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Baltimore the first time they won it ?

Nope, checked and they scored 4, 2 on offense.