1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Audition NGT48 2nd Generation Auditions Thread

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 26, 2018.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Announced Today, NGT48 2nd Generation Auditions will be taking place.

Application Period will be in February (February 1st to February 28th) with the Final Auditions being held in April.

2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    which means they might anounce the 2nd gen during the april concerts

3. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    about time,we need team G

4. Nelke

Nelke Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takita Kayoko
    This is awesome news! I wonder if they are going for a certain look for the 2nd generation?

5. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Hope Miharu from the draft gives this a chance.

6. Nelke

Nelke Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takita Kayoko
    I loved Miharu and was sad she wasn’t picked. Hopefully she gives it another go, she’d make a great addition!

7. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    20~25 girls is expected to be accepted into the 2nd gen

8. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Man.... NGT is going all out this year. This is only January and so many things happening and announced. I wonder when the planning started for this 2nd generation auditions. Normally getting any government agency involve takes time (red tape and all).

9. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    I'm so mad with how the 3rd draft went. I hope it didn't discourage her from trying to be an idol. Even if she can't be with her oshi, I'd love to have her in the 48 family, especially NGT which is such a good group right now to be in.

10. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I am actually glad to see they are trying to allay any anxieties parents and girls may have especially from outside of Niigata by working in collaboration with the authorities.

I hope there will be a good mix of girls from Niigata and outside especially from the Kansai region (Kani is feeling lonely).

11. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    There were several girls who wanted NGT who failed the draft. I imagine we may see a few of them in this audition. They took 3 draft members who had failed in their first generation.

12. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    I think selecting 20+ girls is reasonable. We cannot expect all 20+5 girls will be ready for promotion in a short time. I hope after few months training, they will promote a half of 2nd gen + most (all) of D3 + current KKSs, form team G and shuffle 2 teams (to have a fair popularity dustribution).

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

ABOUT TIME!

And they couldn't really choose a better time, tbh.
    With the draft so fresh, many of the left out girls (just 13 of them, but still) will probably give it another go.
    And with the government being involved to help the selected ones to settle down... it's a win-win.

20 girls might seem like a lot, but it's always like that with the first generations.
    AKB had 17 girls for their 2nd gen. SKE had 18. NMB had 23. HKT had 21.

It's basically from the 3rd or 4th gen that they start to be a bit more selective (until the group is so depleted that they new a new big one like AKB's 16th).

I guess they will be introduced in the solo concert, but since NGT is probably releasing a new single for Rie's grad, I doubt we'll see much of them (single/PV-wise) until the 4th.

Now, promote those KKS already! They're NIII in everything but in name.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Some random observations and ramblings of mine, putting it into a spoiler because it'll be pretty long:
    • Still have to come to grips with the news that the group will basically double in size in a few months time. But I think it has become the style of the group to wait their time and then progress in big bursts, rather than taking gradual steps.
    • I'm conscious of the fact that the close-knit atmosphere that has been cultivated up until now is inevitably going to be sacrificed a little bit in the process, but I hope the newcomers will turn out to be all "kosei yutakana" like the 1st generation is, even if they may end up forming a separate friend circle of their own within the group.
    • This part becomes clearer once you read the news articles that followed the announcement, and I think many have already done so, but it bears repeating that the "Encourage young people to migrate to Niigata" message is pretty strong in the organization of this audition. For instance, like it has been pointed out in this Dwango article, one of the roles of Niigata's mayor in the selection process will involve him reviewing the candidates to see who may have what it takes to broadcast the charm of Niigata to the whole country, and giving a judgement about it. Which brings me to the next point...
    • I hope that with the arrival of 2nd generation members a decisive scale-up in media appearances will follow, even on a nationwide level, better if one that is at least proportionate to the amount of new members taken in.
      Whether or not people from outside the prefecture (and outside of Japan) will be able to enjoy all of this is another question -- after all, during these years nobody has ever cared to record and share any complete episode of Smile Stadium even though NGT members are almost-weekly regulars in there, which many foreigners may be unaware of. But I'm content even just with the triple fix of full-length radio shows that I can listen to every week (thanks Radiko!), myself... However, in light of the audition's stated aims, I expect that they'll plan on making their shows available on Hulu or similar platforms for anyone to watch at last, like fans had been asking for since the start of Niigatta Friend. That would be the bare minimum. Otherwise, the whole side of the project about showcasing the charm of Niigata to the whole country will prove unsuccessful right from the beginning.
      If STU managed to do it with their shows, NGT should be second to none...
    • Assuming that all members will be granted their own Individual PVs from the get go, this is another thing I'm looking forward to. On the other hand, from then on Naka no Hito is going to have one really hard time trying to find the right emojis for everyone in his Twitter notices. Har har.
    • I'll be digressing too much, but I love thinking of these "What if" scenarios myself and I have to wonder how different things would have turned out for many members and draftees, if only the other local sister groups had struck a deal with local government agencies and set up a welfare plan for their newcomers in a similar fashion.
      Granted, I am aware that these kinds of programs are typical of the countryside and non-densely-populated regions -- in fact, even here you can see local municipalities providing aid to anyone moving in, either in the form of monthly subsidies, or by letting people buy antique manors and rural farmhouses at low prices with the hope they'll repurpose them and help revitalize the region in the process.
      Still, whether it is a big metropolis or a more provincial city, it doesn't change the fact that many members' families may still be concerned about letting their daughter go so far away from home alone without any form of safeguard, and want some kind of reassurance that she'll be in good hands before giving their permission. And rightfully so.

I am reminded of Maho's story when reading Etsuro's latest LINE blog entry. I assume there are other members who went through similar experiences, but only Maho was the one to have talked very openly about it. Every time she had tried to go audition for any other group, she always faced the opposition of her grandparents who didn't feel at ease with her leaving to live alone in a big city. Vice versa, Maho's respect for them was such she didn't want to go against their wish and so she had to abandon much of her plans. Apparently their chief concern was that they were wary of the many ill-intentioned people that could be lurking around over there.
      The change of heart happened only when they found out that the new group she wanted to audition for was one based in Niigata, and only because they had previously lived there and had firsthand experience with the place, at which point they turned so supportive they even gave her pointers and advices on how to move around while there. Nonetheless, she still had to be very mindful of what choices to make until the very day of the final NGT audition, even though she had auditions for other groups still pending, which undeniably affected her freedom of action.

One may be quick to discount this reaction of disapproval as old people just being apprehensive, but when idol agencies are left to manage the livelihood of their members alone and (as seen in the case of a certain group with a purple triangle for a logo) even the simple matter of finding a lodging may involve relying on the agency's bosses in pretty ambiguous ways, it can only go toward reinforcing this sense of mistrust.

Then again, I have just come to the conclusion that other groups just lack the trust and confidence of locals (and local authorities) to even make such projects possible.

Also, news piece from today's TeNY programming:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  15. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Yeah with the 2nd generation and increased members, no way Niigata Friend is enough to showcast all the member's charms. Even now I feel the episodes are very hit and miss. A weekly studio show in addition to NF would be ideal. Niigata Friend is the perfect side-dish but as main program for NGT it feels lacking imo.

16. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

We need something like SetoBingo that feature more members per episode.

I said this in the General NGT48 Thread, but I'm hoping for no more than 20 girls in 2nd gen. With D3, it would be a total of 25 new members. One of the things I feel brough the current members together is because they all perform in both NIII and kks stages. It's something I would love to see with D3 and G2.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    so I guess there might not be a SR "audition" this time?

18. onego123

onego123 Member

19. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    so i guess the 2nd gen will make the teams complete
    but how long will that take?

20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    https://www.showroom-live.com/event/ngt48_2nd_audition
    https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000155.000026205.html

Aaah, good news.
    Starting from tomorrow, April 16, all the way until April 25, a Showroom campaign is going to be held!

The details are the same as the other auditionees Showroom campaigns we had in the past: audition applicants will be free to broadcast to let fans familiarize with them. Stream content, points collected, and position in the ranking will be "taken into account" at the time of the last round of audition, but in any case will not directly affect the verdict (hopefully, especially considering the declared purpose of this audition: read this for those who aren't up to date yet).

Hope to see again those 3rd Draft applicants from Niigata who didn't make it to the final cut at the time.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    :flower:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2