1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. qpet

qpet Future Girls

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    First SKE and then STU? And the rumor about Keya too... Wow... so much dramas...

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  3. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

but thats normal? since it's her face and her name on the merch, those are "owned" by herself and her agency. AKS has those rights for idols repped by them, like Oguri Yui or Komiharu, that's why they take money from SR.

4. Falx1984

Falx1984 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    What is not normal is that she felt it important to mention that.

Remember this is the same Sasshi that said to Ariyoshi she would do pretty much anything as long as Aki-P said it would further her career as an idol.

Edit: Her exact words also said she personally checked to make sure the goods being sold would only go to Ohta Pro.

https://twitter.com/345__chan/status/1121246023907569665

And here she states 'From now on, fan club merchandise is also safe.'

From now as in, she made sure any AKB/AKS goods will not be available from now on.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Sasshi is many things, but stupid is not one of them.

• Like Like x 23
    • Agree Agree x 5
  6. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    either Sasshi is just making business moves considering the public perception of aks now, or she has ethical concerns about where money spent on her goes.

• Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

《finally someone tells it as it is: "I want to transfer. Leave Hiroshima. We have no human rights in STU."
    http://akb48taimuzu.livedoor.biz/archives/53504450.html

The girl who leak the contract and was happy because there was no dating rule should be kicked out from the beginning. She didn't have any right to complain about STU. Meh.
    I'm quite sure that human rights in her opinion is dating with a guy.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  8. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    I was a manager at companies that hired a lot of people for their first jobs ever and learned that you can't trust teenagers when they complain about lack of human rights at their first job, when they have nothing to compare it to. That STU girl cannot and should not be compared to Maho. It only cheapens the actual injustice that Maho has had to face when you compared her case to a spoiled brat like that.

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 5
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I think the moment in which business moves are alligned to people's ethical concern we have already made 10 steps ahead from where we started this.
    I like that Sasshi is smart enough to understand it and be open and loud about it.
    Because she could just be thinking about the business part of this - which I doubt - but at the same time she's creating a precedent and assuring fans they have a choice and that they don't have to renounce either to their oshi merch, nor to their integrity.

Not going against what you wrote Chrissirhc, (I see you got 2 disagree but I have no idea why) just thinking about it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I mean, technically that's not wrong. The right to work in just and favourable conditions is one of the first human rights mentioned by the UN, and I'm not sure favourable or fair a certain job is if it forbids relationships unrelated to work

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  11. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

well she probabaly mentioned that bc people on tw(and other SM) were saying things like "i would not buy anything from AKS/48g ever again", i saw it a lot myself. Reassuring fans that the money will go to Ohta Pro would invite them to buy merch.
    Sasshi may do it bc she's a good person and wants to send a message but Ohta Pro is doing bc it's business.
    AKS still have rights on stuff related to 48g with sasshi on it but sasshi will not longer be a 48g member, so she will not have the rights to AKS merch anyway.

12. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Pretty interesting finding, especially from the standpoint of worker rights when it comes to idols...
    2019/04/25​

[Statement] On the graduation announcement of Yamaguchi Maho-san​

As follows, we would like to express this statement regarding the "graduation announcement of Yamaguchi Maho-san"

Up until present time, when it came to the human rights and liberties of idols and entertainers, this was seen as a sort of taboo within the entetainment world, with a tendency to be treated very lightly in the past. One of the root causes of it is the "way of working" of idols and entertainers, and the special characteristics therein, which caused to make the legal status of entertainers be vague. Today's case is only one of the consequencies of having thus far always thought little of the rights of idols. This is nothing else than the peak of the iceberg.
    In reality, under the premise that in terms of contract they are not to be considered workers, not even the most basic rights as a worker are thus guaranteed, and between receiving many kinds of harassments that are distinctive of idols, and being denied from resigning from one's own entertainment agency, there are no few instances of what can be thought of as violations of human rights.

In the Japanese entertainment business, the entertainment activities are regarded as distinct from normal clerical work, treated as something exceptional from it, and thus it is in this environment that it is becoming common practice not to stipulate employment contracts between artists and entertainment agencies, but instead to sign up management contracts. Even in the cases like the contract between this time's entertainment agency and Yamaguchi Maho-san, it is assumed that formally they are now management contracts as well.

This notwithstanding, judging from the actual conditions of Yamaguchi Maho-san's activities, the legal relationship between the two sides would make one consider it as a kind of worker employment. In truth, in many court case precedents, during all the instances where it was being debated "if idols are workers or not", the court recognized idols as being workers based on the labor standard laws and the worker contracts laws.

For this reason, entertainment agencies, in addition to having the duty to guatantee safety for the idol herself, should not be tolerated to have unlawful coerced dismissals. Indeed, even for what it concerns today's case, fans as well as many people in general are expressing apprehension on whether it really wasn't a coerced dismissal and the graduation (dismissal) happened with the employee's own agreement.

We will continue to fight to protect the rights of artists -- entertainers and idols alike, but we consider that even including underground idols and locally-based idols, the rights of entertainers aren't still sufficiently safeguarded.

As for the government, they need to promptly perform a field survey to protect the rights of entertainers, and with it having an understanding of the real condition within the idol industry nowadays. At the same time, it is our intention to keep requesting for legislations in order to protect such entertainer rights.

April 25, 2019
    Joint Representative Directors of the Japan Entertainer Rights Association

Apropos of nothing, this is from the same stream:
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1099536439744835584/pu/vid/640x360/miMsQqxAvHjvqvOL.mp4
    "The managers at NGT48 are so, so kind instead. I heard they won't get angry at anyone! Gatanee-san told me: come on, transfer there!"

Dodged a bullet there, maybe.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 16
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    STUs have the right to be called "too white and looking like an AV actress" no? kpp.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Please not this again lol! A Japanese court has already ruled that idol no-dating clauses are not a breach of human rights. No-one is forced to be an idol, if they don't like the no-dating rule then they can find another line of work.

That's a good point. Also, I think Sasshi has been disenchanted with AKS for years, based on how HKT has been treated by head office.

Geez lol, that's heavily foreshadowing the future :lol:

As for forced dismissal, I've mentioned it before but in my country (and most of the Anglosphere) Maho would have a strong case for constructive dismissal .

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    lol at the Gatanee part.

Also, I always found it weird how idols are like in a grey zone for human rights lol. It never made sense to me. As for worker rights I kind of understand, but also don't. Like I get not all idols are treated the same and it's really hard to compare cases. We really need their contracts to view what they are signing away tbh. It is possible to legit sign up to be a slave as an idol (SM entertainment loved that concept apparently) so I worry sometimes. I always imagined in the contracts were that bad we would have gotten more court cases or something in japan, but I don't really re-call that many that made a huge impact on idols' contracts.

Edit: I don't think Maho will do anything tho via the court. Honestly she probably doesn't have to AKS's name has been in the mud for months now. The whole system seems super fishy now in the 48-world so like she's kind of done a lot by just speaking out. Even Sasshi is telling her fans where the money is going cause she knows it's not looking good

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Tbh despite the rumours going around that agencies want to sign Maho as part of their company, I don't think Maho would want to be part of the entertainment industry. With her poor treatment from AKS how the heck can she trust any other entertainment agencies? Her love of being an idol has been tainted so much that she doesn't want to continue it again and that is quite sad to hear. I also feel bad for the other members who will be graduating with her, but at the same time I am so proud of them for sticking alongside Maho when they could have just bowed down and followed what AKS wanted.

There is also stuff being spread on Twitter that potentially other AKS groups might suffer from losses of sponsorships because of how bad NGT48 have been treated. I really don't agree that other groups should be treated as badly as NGT48 but they are under the same company. It's different strokes with the same paintbrush. I just can't believe how stubborn management will continue to be. The more they go down the route they are going, the more it's going to cause the downfall of the company and the innocent girls that didn't want to be a part of this mess.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Falx1984

Falx1984 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    Unfortunately she has said she will not be continuing as an Idol, while that still leaves the door open for work as an announcer or such I wouldn't hold my breath.

18. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I learned from watching Endgame last night which is relevant to this case:

Contain spoiler. Only open this if you have watched or you don't care about MCU:

Modedit: This is too casual and we're all so used to spoiler tags containing things that aren't spoilers so I just wanted to make this far clearer.
    Normally I'd check the content and see if it's actually relevant and maybe delete it if it's not but I haven't watched Endgame yet so, frankly, fuck that shit.

Instead I'm adding colours and an extra layer of protection to this post just in case.

Are you really sure?

I'm pointing of one of the scenes that was in Tokyo, I forget but looks like it was in a pachinko or a cabaret, Clint Barton aka Hawkeye, becoming a ninja with alterego Ronin. I still need to learn more but seems after Thanos tragedy (in Infinity War), Clint lived in Japan.

He was fighting a yakuza there, he beaten them mercilessly.

The yakuza boss named Akihiko fought him back but the fight was definitely inequal & Clint got another weak opponent in Japan. Akihiko surrendered and apologized, offering everything he had to Clint but he didn't accept. The gaijin superhero slain the yakuza boss. Clint practised bushido better than most Japanese people.

So I wish Clint was real or I hope there will be someone like him IRL. Inaoka & AKS would all be destroyed.

I don't mean them to be slain, I just expect someone strong enough to kick their asses whether they're going to jail or they're really slain. They have to be devastated for all their crimes such bullying, sexual abuses, women trafficking, media manipulations, etc.

Because Japanese police & government cannot be trusted. Need to wait until 2021 if considering new prime minister of Japan will care about this case. Mr. Abe is a terrible leader.

Or maybe we can expect it next month by the new Emperor of Japan? OK, I wish he'd show his wisdom for the sake of Maho.

If I could then I would.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2019
    • Dislike x 27
    • Creative x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Old x 3
    • Like x 1
  19. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I'm gonna let hrs0722 off this once but if anyone posts Endgame spoilers without a good layer of protection (double spoiler tags at the minimum while the film is still new) you're getting banned until Avengers 5. Same goes for other "popular to spoil" series like Game of Thrones or Star Wars.

• Like x 11
    • Winner x 11
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  20. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Honestly their post should be deleted. I highly doubt End Game has much if any relevancy to the discussion at hand that requires it as a specific example to get their point across, and this is not the appropriate place to be discussing such spoilers.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 2