1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio NGT48 no Niigatta Furendo! (2017/01/16 - 2019/03/25)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I was also found Rika's attitude in this episode very unpleasant. Sort of explains her attitude and actions when she won the towel tail game.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  2. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Agreed. I thought she was bullying Riko a bit... or the entire EP. I liked how Mahohon had her back tho... <3

TBH, I really had no concept of the depth of Riko's World, until this EP... even Mahohon couldn't deny it. :^^;: But I feel rather protective as she does... Riko is a sweet girl. And she can hula-hoop a tiny bit better than her big sis...

3. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
  4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Another wonderful episode revolving exclusively around Riko and her world, I like how there's never a dead moment when she's there. :lol:
    Some highlights I loved about the episode:
    • As soon as they exit the gym, Riko starts acting embarrassed (and Maho turns toward her to comfort her), most understandably since everyone was still wearing their tracksuits and Riko still had her parts backwards.
      Riko asks everyone to wait, saying she doesn't want to keep walking around in public like that. However, Kokado suggests her that she could also wear the jacket backwards to match the pants direction, and then walk backwards so everything would face the correct way ...and, in contrast to her previous reaction, she actually does all of this without a tiny bit of hesitation!
    • While Riko is busy walking backwards and waving to the people in the back, a series of fortunate coincidences happen and on that very moment four old people appear behind the group to greet them.
      Turns out they are fans of the group and say to frequently attend handshake events. Hearing that, Rika immediately walks up to them. Since they say they have already placed their reservations, she nags them to buy 10 tickets more, before asking who their oshimen actually are. In quick succession, they reveal themselves to be a Kani, Anju, Tsugumin, and Moeka oshi. Resigned, Rika just walks away out of frustration. Then, later on, Nakaoka rubs some more salt on the wound by pointing out to Rika that she managed not to get mentioned even once. "Just say Rika, even if it's a lie!", she angrily snaps back at them when they're already at a distance. ┐(´ー`)┌
    • The group then heads inside an okonomi-yaki restaurant, and while they prepare the food the members are asked what's their personal highlight from the second single's PV. As for Riko, she was struck by the first line in the song, which brought her to take its meaning literally and wonder how far the skies actually go in this world. A perplexed Kokado replies: "What are you talking about?"
    • Then the time comes for the telephone call with Riko's mom, which isn't going to be the only one in the episode. It was hilarious from beginning to end, so much so that it would deserve a complete transcript. But for one thing, Maho was right in saying for all this time that Riko and her mother really resemble each other in speaking styles and personalities.

After exchanging greetings, Kokado asks if she watched her daughter on Niigatta Friend before. Riko's mom replies affirmatively, adding that she "watches every episode in a cold sweat", because she constantly fears "what's gonna happen if she says something weird?". Kokado continues by asking if she watched the episode when she looked at zebra crossing and called it cute (in reference to episode 15), and Rittan's mom also says yes. Kokado: "What did you think of it?", Rittan's mom: "I thought: are you stupid?".
      The talk continues with Kokado asking if she was always silly like this, her mom confirms it and lets everyone know that the thing that amazes her the most are the things Riko says while in her sleep. Kokado: "What kind of sleep-talking?", Mom: "She says in her sleep «I'm at the theater right now» ... «Please support me!»".
      As a last question, Kokado also asks Rittan mom's if she has also watched the Toyama episodes and saw that Rika had called her daughter the biggest idiot. Rittan's mom replies in a surprisingly sympathetic way about it, but Kokado insists that she'd better be angry for that and so he urges Rika to apologize on phone for it. Rika: "I'm sorry for having made insulting comments about your daughter", but Riko's mom still isn't mad at all "They aren't insults, it was accurate~". (´∀`;)
    • Walking down the street, Rittan's attention is drawn toward a motorcycle on display on a store's window, and so she rushes to watch it closer bringing the rest of the group along with her. It's revealed that Rittan inherited her passion for motorcycles from her father, who allegedly owns a Harley. (And, I might add, she also owns several toy models of Harley in her bedroom, which you can see on the shelf in the background on Showroom. Also, knowing Riko's passion, fans have also donated her a number of t-shirts with Harley Davidson bikes printed on it)
      They take a look inside, finding out that it's not a motorcycle store at all -- it's actually a store selling tableware. But since the husband and wife who run the store are big motorcycle riders, their hobby has grown in scope and now there's an exhibition of motorcycle-related items inside the establishment.

But it's not over yet, as the group is accompanied to a small garage where the couple keeps all their motorcycles. Riko gets to straddle on one, commenting it feels "like a dream", at which point the owner's wife shows up just in time to call Rittan's way of riding the bike "cute" and note that she would easily be able to ride it as long as she can reach the pedals with her feet.
    • This, combined with all the talk about wanting to get a motorcycle driving license that Riko was having before, gives Maho an idea: why not call Rittan's dad? So they agree to phone him and ask for his permission to get a license. And thus begins a new show's project, "Road to motorcycle". (Complete with a special-made title sequence!)
      Riko: "Hello, dad? Right now in front of Riko there's a bike. It's a V6 one."
      Kokado: "It's not a V6"
      Riko: "...A Baymax"
      Kokado: "It's a V-Max"
      Dad: "That's good, go ahead and ride on it, please let her ride on it"

However, after clearing up that Riko has already rode on it and now she wants to get a license since she's 16 already, her dad's enthusiasm immediately drops to a halt and he suggests to go talk about it to her mom instead. As expected from someone who likes riding on motorcycles, her dad is afraid of letting her get a license.
      Moreover, when Kokado brings up the story that Riko rode on his Harley before, we make a shocking discovery: Rittan's dad doesn't own one in reality, which causes Rittan to doubt herself and everyone else to gasp. In fact, he says that nowadays he doesn't even ride on motorcycles anymore, much to Rittan's embarrassement.
      Kokado tells Rittan's dad that her daughter said that she became a motorcycles enthusiast because her dad loves to ride on them, and now he wonders if she lied about it. To which Rittan's dad clarifies that he used to ride on them in his younger days, and since he wanted to try riding on a large-sized motorcycle for once, in the past he went for a test ride on a Harley, thus explaining where the Harley story comes from.

Anyway, following dad's advice to consult with her mom, we have our second telephone call of the day with Rittan's mom. The answer is pretty explicit. "Impossible. Impossible. Impossible.", and thus the project "Road to motorcycle" gets cancelled prematurely. (´∀`;)
    • Actually the only part of the episode that isn't centered on Riko: in order to meet with the next trio of members, the group moves to the town of Kariwa as their final distination for today. They arrive at a big indoor sports stadium, which is actually part of a lifelong learning center with a library and other recreational areas.
      Given that the town's main product is peaches, there's also an official mascot named Momoago, which also appears on all the shirts they wear in this section.
      Speaking of those shirts, right at the start Lotti even jokes about being ordered to wear them, with the other staff quickly correcting them by stating that they were just asked, like in "Please wear it". Kokado then takes it one step further and jokingly tells that the group said they wanted to wear them on their own volition, instead. (´∀`;)

Anyway, after Anju, Gatanee and Moeka show up, Kokado finally reveals the reason they are here: all 6 members will participate in a running competition and only the fastest three will be selected to appear on the next segment of the program.
      Rika, in her hubris, points directly at the team of newcomers and proclaims that "if those people lose, it'll be over for them", under the belief that victory would surely be hers. Too bad for Rika that karma hit back not long after: during the actual running competition not only did she end up last, but she lagged so much behind that she was still halfway through the course when everyone else had already reached the goal. Nakaoka duly comments her arrival with a "And in the sixth position is the granny". ┐(´ー`)┌
      Also, for the record, Maho turned out to be the fastest of the bunch.
    • This means that the winners are Maho, Anju, and Moeka. However, as the Gatanee oshi he is, Nakaoka requests that Gatanee be given a second chance, considering she was the only one of the newcomers that didn't make it into the selection, and so they plan a revenge match with Maho.
      Nakaoka wonders what's something Gatanee would definitely win in if they had a competition, Gatanee replies it would be her gorilla impression, but Maho has a better idea: questioning why it has to necessarily be a gorilla, she proposes a competition to see who does the best impression of Momoago.
      Of couse, since nobody among them knows how Momoago speaks like, it'll be only based on their personal interpretation of it.
      To keep things fair, a staff member of the facility and also the inventor of Momoago itself is called in to judge whose interpretation is the most accurate to the character.

First it's Maho's try, her imitation is a character narration that goes along the same lines as Momotaro's tale: "Floating, floating~ On the river in Kariwa, a peach was flowing down. An old man and an old woman picked up the peach and from inside of it *ta-da-daaah* Momoago-chan came out! My name is Momoago, I arrived here to bring fun to Kariwa! And then the old man and the old woman...". As you see, Maho goes on with her skit for so long it eventually had to be cut short. ( ´∀`)
      Then it's Gatanee's turn: "Butt chin (Ketsuago)? No, I'm Momoago!". Nakaoka warns Gatanee that she's gonna lose if she keeps on like that, and so she perseveres some more in her Momoago imitation: "I won't lose! I want to go to locations."
      (By the way, to understand Gatanee's joke, it should be noted that the name Momoago is likely a combination of Peach+Chin. And in fact the distinctive part of the peach fruit also doubles as the character's chin.)

Against all odds, the staff declares Gatanee the winner. Apparently it's because the character gets mistaken for having a butt chin and so it perfectly matches the interpretation, but go figure...
      Kokado notices that the decision still doesn't sit well with Nakaoka, though, who wonders if she was ordered so by the show's crew, but the female staff firmly denies. Regardless, even Nakaoka has to admit the truth: "I want to go with Gatanee on locations myself, but her skit just bombed!". With suspicions that the decision has been prearranged still lingering, even this episode comes to a close. ┐(´ー`)┌

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  5. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Rittan made this EP feel like some of the old ones (Kitarie-esque ones) that made you crack a smile almost constantly with members making moments and Lotti tsukkomi-ing or riffing off them... she really does pull you into Sunny Rittan World... :blush:

... no thanks to Rika's behaviors of late.

Maho impressed me in the sprint -- I had no idea she'd nick 1st from young athlete Anju! And Gatanee adorably runs like a PTA mom. :^^;: And what's with the bad back, Rika? Weren't you bouncing around during the tag corner last EP?

• The yellow Yamaha seen in the window is a JDM-only RZ350 (RD350LC to Canadians). US-spec RZs had a faired headlight and lower bodywork, plus different Roberts-era bumblebee striping. My racing mentor raced these two-stroke streetbikes in the '80s.
    • In the few seconds before they open the rollup door to the shop owner's garage... there's a red-&-white sign saying 'SHOP NAKAMURA'. That sign is done up to imitate the vintage Pop Yoshimura logo, which is the aftermarket exhaust manufacturer (now mostly catering to Suzuki) which appears on the big Yamaha V-Max Rittan straddles (slip-on can is different, though).

• The original 1985-2007 Yamaha VMX-12 'V-Max', is a beast of a motorcycle. Without any fluids (coolant, fuel, fork damper oil, engine oil)... its dry weight is 580 lbs (263 kg), wet weight w/ fluids is 630 lbs (286 kg) -- nearly 8 Rittans. For many years it was the world's quickest-accelerating motorcycle, going 0-60 mph in 3.3 secs and through 1320 ft (1/4 mi, 402.3 m) in 10.89 secs. I've ridden a '99 Kawasaki ZX-12R to its top speed (189 mph in the Arizona desert in 2002), and many customer Hayabusas... and the VMX-12 is no doddering vintage bike... so not exactly an ideal bike for Rittan to learn on... I agree, murimurimurimurimuri. :yikes::^^;:

It's tricked out with some muy-expensive Öhlins twin-shock piggyback dampers, and looks to be post-'93 based on the bigger front fork tubes, larger front discs, and four-piston calipers (pre-'93 V-Maxes were criminally under-braked for 145 bhp). Looks though as Nakamura-san has swapped in an FZR600R/1000 remote brake reservoir, braided steel brake lines, and Brembo gold 4-piston calipers off something else for even better braking performance... the stock calipers are silver or black, and physically smaller. The brake lines and remote reservoir in particular are probably a mod from his racing days... they are a must-have for anyone who wants the most control and consistency from their motocycle's brakes

• Nakamura-san has 2 more RZ350s in his garage in various states of disassembly, a white Virago sport cruiser under a white cover, a few Yamaha dirtbikes, and an old '80s GPz1000. A Snap-On top box and rollaway for his tools sits in the back -- nothing but the best :approve:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    lol dang I'm 10 episodes behind hope I can catch up by tonight...

Saw some sneak peek of Rikachan reciting her own screen time frame perfectly in the mv lmao

7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
  8. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    The original gorilla was crushed by a kid gorilla lol

9. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I love how this episode basically turned into Lotti going on a quest to find a clearly-defined character for Ayanyan, after she revealed that this is what she prayed for at the shrine in the beginning.
    In quick succession:
    • The group first happens upon a store selling imported goods from America and Europe, mostly kitchenware. On the window there are Moomin goods on display, thus Ayanyan remarks that she is often said to resemble a Moomin (can testify myself, actually). Inspired by this, Lotti decide to go for a Moomin character, so they head inside and, for confirmation, they ask the owner which one of the three members looks the most like a Moomin.
      Ayanyan was supposed to have this already in the bag, but surprise! -- because of the weird face that Reinya was making in the meantime, she gets picked as "Miss Moomin" instead. Upon exiting the store, Lotti can't help poking fun at Reinya by asking if her Oshishi character (that she gained during her Sado episode) wasn't enough already.

By the way, while inside the shop we also find out that the son of the store lady used to go to the same elementary school as Tsugumin. Not only that, she even says that Tsugumin is a girl who tended to take good care of the younger kids in there and dote on them. What an angel she is. :blush:
    • The next store they come across says on its door that it deals in both "handmade house decorations" and local food such as "mochibuta". For some reason Lotti smell it must be a goldmine of character-worthy material and they enter. Indeed there are some character-like things inside, but the biggest surprise is that they find out they run four different businesses inside the same place.
      The lady they meet inside is on duty on Thursdays and happens to run a job providing "communication support" on how to deal with young babies. One of her specialities is figuring out their personalities through a psychological test of sorts, which involves also stuff like the subject's birthday. Apparently the process can also be applied to grown-ups as well, which gives Lotti an idea on how to help Ayanyan settle on a character.
      Lotti have Ayanyan take the test and then wait for the lady to get the results from the company's network, and her personality traits are revealed to be both "cautious" and "brimming with curiosity" (by the way, each trait has a mascot character of its own). The psych lady concludes that her character is, after all, one that can tranquillize people.
      For some reason, the lady then goes on to explain the right way to treat someone with such a personality, more specifically what methods to use for praising and scolding.

First off it's the praising part: the lady recommends to always give a concrete reason along with it and Nakaoka is invited to give a try. He says that out of the three members in there she is the one who he feels has the most sexiness. The other members agree by pointing out that she can make every song more sensual when she performs in it.
      While Ayanyan doesn't think this a character that befits her, she has to admit this is what fans often tells her, along with having the most "iroke". Then Nakaoka goes a bit overboard and adds that if she were a hostess girl she would be the most successful, since she definitely has a natural power to make men fall in mad love. Kokado follows up by asking if a kyabakura character has ever been done before. Ayanyan just goes typically tererucchi, blushing and giggling at the suggestion while telling them to stop. :hehe:

Secondly, we have the scolding part: the lady recommends to be always gentle and not to shout. Body touching is also important on these moments. Kokado can't keep himself from commenting this actually goes along pretty well with the kyabakura character that was proposed before.
    • By the way, they also have Renapon and Reinya take the same test.
      Renapon's two main traits are "great love for challenges" and the same "brimming with curiosity" from before. The lady informs them that the praising and scolding methods are the same as Ayanyan, and so Kokado points out to her that Renapon has effectively stolen her character already. That didn't last long, huh... :^^;:
    • Reinya's trait is "I'm the number one", meaning she hates losing and wants to keep trying until she is satisfied. "Don't try making any other new characters!", Kokado shouts at Reinya as soon as the name of the personality's mascot is brought up.
      The other is "directness and one-track mind", which implies an ability to clearly tell what's black and what's white, as well as a tendency to debate by starting from a pre-established conclusion.
    • Still troubled about finding a new character for the new year, Ayanyan then has the lady make a prediction about how 2018 is bound to be, based on the diagnosis of her personality. The lady tells that she'll probably have a lot of fortuitous meetings with new people, and that it's going to happen at large gatherings, such as parties. So all things point toward her taking on a party character! [hehe]
    • Afterwards, upon leaving the shop, Kokado proposes Ayanyan that they all go to a nearby shop together so that she would be able to practice for her newfound party character.
      Too bad that the nearby store happens to be a random fruit shop. After tentatively uttering "Party?" and perplexing the store lady in the process, Ayanyan tries again by asking what food is the most appropriate for a party.
      The lady points out it's a grocery shop, implying it's not the best place where to make such requests, but they still do follow her suggestions and do some shopping inside with Nakaoka's money.
      Since it's Nakaoka's money after all, they hold a makeshift "Nakaoka-kun Praising Party" just outside to decide who'll get to eat the dried persimmon treat. They find out, in fact, that there isn't enough inside for everyone and someone will have to go without eating any.

"He has a warm heart", "He's handsome", "He's manly", "He has beautiful hair". ..."Wait a sec".
      Aaand, as he expected, Seiji was the one who would come up with the worst compliment, which means she's already out on her first turn. Reinya still wouldn't hear any of that and decides to go get a bite of it from the other girls anyway. Noticing that, Kokado is forced to apply on Reinya the scolding method that they learned during the personality test just before. And the respective scolding method on Ayanyan too, just because. "When you eat, you'd better make some comment about it". :^^;:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Wow even better than subs, can't wait to rewatch the episode with your notes, thanks!

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    This episode is so fun to watch.

14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    "Ni— Ni— Ni— Niigatta
    In the shopping district, shutters are closed for business
    Even so, it's overflowing with people's warmness
    It's a Party Time"

Nice improv song that the girls came up with for a "Niigatta Friend version", but you can't say it's not accurate. (´∀`;)

• Anyway, this was a slightly less articulated episode than last week. I really hoped they would have gone through until the end with their plans to find a character that fits Ayanyan, but instead they put things on hold when they noticed a store which looked like a "nightlife establishment", at least according to Seiji. Oh well...
      Turns out it's actually a cafe at a first glance, but it also hosts live music performances (mainly on weekends), to which Ayanyan comments that it's "perfect for parties", so of course they entered inside.
      Even better, the shop has this "official" theme song created by their music-loving customers, from which the members later derived their own version, and which goes like:
      "Bon Bon Bon Bon Nyuubon
      It's a cafe but we don't run business on daytime
      People drinking coffee, you won't spot many of them inside"
    • Also, about time that Lotti found out about Ayanyan's love for cosplay, even though they first had to go through their customary review of the members' Instagram accounts.
      While at it, seeing as how Seiji never advertised the show on her own account, Lotti also ordered her to do a promotional video straight away, along with an "Oshishi" imitation for the sake of it. (´∀`;)
    • Gotta say it was very timely of them to reach the next group of members just as Katomina and Ayutaro were in the middle of a PR event for Le Lectier (a local-grown, deluxe brand of pears) in the role of ambassadors. Props to them for the organization: coincidentally, as Kokado says "They had also had Le Lectier when we went to a grocery shop before, but they didn't let us eat it".
      This way we got a chance to see Nakaoka borrowing Anju's trademark phrase and going "Umanmamia" once again, after giving it a taste. I'm sure he was dying for a pretext to say it. (´∀`;)

Also, since they both happened to be in the same place, Lotti also saw a opportunity for Seiji and Katomina to reunite and do a little manzai skit together one more time as the Shinmai duo, as they previously did during the "The W" championship. Katomina wanted to warn that she couldn't remember a word of it anymore, but they gave it a try nonetheless. In case it needs some context:
      Reinya: "We'd like to do a poem using the initials of NGT48, but we'll skip ahead and go with NGT's T"
      Katomina: "We work hard united as one single Team"
      Reinya: "You know, at the Sousenkyo Tokumitsu-san (the MC) always says 'Team' and nobody understands it. What's the deal with it?" (referring to the fact that in Japanese it's to be pronounced chiimu and not tiimu)
      Needless to say, Kokado was quick to point out that the joke fell flat. (´∀`;)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Surabaya

Surabaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Good review, one more time, of Cisalpine88, thank you very much! :)

Lovely show. :)

16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Does anyone know of any subs to this show? I know you can't offer illegal download and streaming sites for episodes, but I would be more than happy with Soft Subs, which I believe are still legal? I would really appreciate it, even if it's just a google docs file or something :)

17. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Nope, don't think this show is subbed by anyone. I usually just rely on this thread to understand the context lol.

18. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    180122 NGT48のにいがったフレンド! #53 2018年1月22日

Katomina, Tsugumin, Ayutarou

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  19. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    He was indeed oversleeping, damn. Also, pretty calm episode taking place around the city market that they had this week, but what a stroke of luck it was to enter the sports equipment store and find out that the owner is a NGT fan. Not only is he a supporter of Okappa, he is also a pretty avid Niigata Friend watcher (even going as far as to point out that, in another episode in the past, he noticed Lotti & NGT walk by another branch store he manages).
    Though the best part was when his younger sister popped up from the back of the room, and it's revealed that she actually is the true big fan in there. She says it's her who would pester him to watch the show together (and not vice versa). And then, as if to give a physical proof of being a fan herself, she promptly pulled out a signed shirt that she won at a prize giveaway organized by one of NGT's radio shows, even!
    Funnily enough, when Kokado asked her if there was any episode of Niigatta Friend that she especially liked, she replied it was the one with MauMau's fashion show's segments. Kokado turned to MauMau pointing out how she never managed to do one until the end (due to Nakaoka and the other members always interrupting her in every hilarious way). However, she (the owner's sister) was quick to follow up with a "Still, the fact she gets interrupted while at it is enjoyable". (´∀`;)

Also, about episode 53. That was one too eventful to cram everything into a written summary, but to list the major highlights:
    • Some godly comedic timing during the introductory part of the episode, where Taro and Katomina are asked by Lotti about the attractions of Shirone. At first, it starts pretty normally as Ayutaro talks about the delicious fruits grown there and the fact they have a strawberry-picking event, but since she was listing everything herself Nakaoka wondered if there would be anything left for Katomina to say and they let her speak instead. And then Katomina just goes: "They have Ootako Gassen, the largest kite competition in Japan ...and then there's a lot of store shutters closed for business". Kokado: "This isn't only in Shirone!"
      Screen caption following Katomina's punchline: "Even the shutters are a local speciality" (´∀`;)
    • By the way, despite boasting the highest number of appearances in the show, Ayutaro doesn't seem all too happy to see that the show's producers keep editing out the "Ayutaro News" corner from the final version, where she would tell of true stories from fans who got miraculously healed by Ayutaro's smile... (´∀`;)
    • The group trying their hand at writing their own New Year greeting cards while at the radio repair shop, and of course Katomina as the modern artist she is just couldn't resist throwing one of her usual drawings inside (allegedly it's supposed to be a dog since it's the Year of the Dog).
      Kokado: "There's no message in there, who is this intended for?", Katomina: "Since I'm very good at drawing, I want to send it to a postcard company.", Kokado: "That's some crazy things you are saying".
      At which point she clarifies that she meant in the sense of sending it to them as a design proposal. And then, to further stress the point, she even goes on to show all the good features of her composition. Looks like she was even careful enough to leave a space under the dog's tail for the sender to put their signature in, as she proudly explains! (´∀`;)
    • Speaking again of kites... Aw, yeah. Finally they managed to find an occasion to get that Niigata Friend kite flying after so many (nine!) months of waiting and bad weather!
      I'm surprised to hear that the show's crew had been bringing it back and forth from Tokyo to the shooting locations every time and carried it with them, just in case the opportunity to fly it would come up.
      Aside from the kite, the real star of that part was actually the ojiisan running the toys/traditional kites shop in here. Once he found out that the kite was made in another city (Sanjou) that is a "rival" in the way of kite-crafting, he couldn't stop being polemical and throwing comparisons between how they make kites here and how they do it ~over there~, with Lotti just goading him more and more for everyone's amusement. The best line was him acting dismissive after Kokado asked if there was a rivalry between the two: "The way we fly kites is totally different. Over there they just fly them. Over here, we do real competitions".
      At the end of the flight, upon being confronted by Lotti for an opinion, he still couldn't bring himself to admit that the kites from the other side fly more easily, even after the girls did a test with both types as a gesture of solidarity. Now that's a strong sense pride. But according to Nakaoka's story a while later, eventually he was willing to concede that the string holder was very well made. Just that, though... (´∀`;)

Also, Katomina volunteering to fly the Shirone kite herself since she's a Minami-ku PR ambassador, but once she began running she went so far away from the rest of the group that Kokado had to start yelling "Hey, kite thief!" (´∀`;)
    • Nakaoka's improv gag before entering the cafe in the segment after that, and the whole setup leading to this.
      Since they noticed that the sign on the front read "Relax cafe, for mamas, by mama's mamas", Kokado rightfully complains "What about the papas? They're ignoring the papas".
      However, as Katomina continues reading the conditions on the sign she points out that "If you are a mama or a parent taking your child along, anyone can enter". So, complying to Katomina's suggestion, Nakaoka just decides to tie his hair, introduce "herself" as Shibata Rie and walk inside to ask for permission. (´∀`;)
    • Anyway, inside the cafe they find out they have system in place where you can have a (free) meal if you help out the regular staff with shop's chores for a hour. Apparently this includes such things as taking care of the children and assisting them in their homeworks, also. So they proceed to do that with enthusiasm and good spirit.

Tsugumin was so lovely in the way she quickly called the little kid to herself and started teaching him with the dinosaur picture book. No wonder that Lotti was instantly reminded of that store lady from a few episodes back and what she said about Tsugumin, more specifically that Tsugumin is good at child-care and she would always look after the younger kids and help them out when she was in elementary school. For a moment Lotti even wondered if they ended up inside some NHK educational program. (*´ω`*)

On the other hand, shorthly after, Lotti decided to have a writing competition between Katomina and the other little girl, asking them to write elementary school-level kanji.
      First they asked them to write "balloon", and while the girl got it right by writing 風船, Katomina botched it by writing 風線 instead. Then they decided to lower the bar and had them write "cloud" instead. Once again the little girl wrote it correctly as 雲 while Katomina wrote a kanji that doesn't even exist, consisting of 雨 and 量.
      Kokado, turning to the little girl right after that: "Can you say something to the young lady (Katomina)?", Little girl: "Do your best with studying!" (´∀`;)
    • Also deserving mention was the regular telephone call to the members' parents. This time around it's Katomina's mom at last.
      Kokado: "What kind of girl is she?"
      KatoMom: "I have no idea what goes on in her mind... She would silently walk up from behind and then begin dancing around all of a sudden".

On the other hand, a certain mystery has finally been solved, sorta...:
      Kokado: "She said she never drank any carbonated beverage"
      KatoMom: "Ah, she just wouldn't drink it"
      Kokado: "She's particularly fussy in her tastes"
      KatoMom: "That's right. (to Katomina) Are you listening to us? Minami often says:'I have never eaten it before'. It's not that we don't let her eat it or anything."
      Kokado: "I see. Even though you serve it, she wouldn't eat it"
      KatoMom: "That's it. THAT'S IT. THAT'S IT."

And then there's also this other happening:
      Kokado: "Did you watch the proverbs episode?" (in which they visited a cram school and did a test on proverbs, and Katomina got all of them hilariously wrong)
      KatoMom: "We did. Her grandma was astonished. She personally wrote down a compilation on notes about it for her."
      Kokado: "Notes about proverbs?"
      KatoMom: "She told me to hand it over to Minami. Since she is such a dunce. She casually flipped through it, went 'Uuuuhm' and then she dropped it on the shelf, leaving it there."
      Nakaoka: "(turning to Katomina) Bring it along with you from now on, so we'll have a quiz with it."
      Kokado: "What did give birth to an eagle?"
      Katomina: "A zombie?" (the correct answer was actually tonbi, or black kite, a small bird of prey)

I think no further comments are necessary. (´∀`;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 3