1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Nogizaka star tanjo !

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Fab-Nogi46, May 4, 2021.

1. Rangga AG

Rangga AG Kenkyuusei

Man aruno is truly good at singing a rockish piece,i like how she feels a bit rougher than last week,really suits the song

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Aruno is at the moment THE voice in all Sakamichi groups. As simple as that...

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Sakusaku is so pretty, glad to see her take the center stage. Naonao singing is actually pretty stable and she has a nice voice, Nao solo next please!
    Nagi can really sing anything, what a powerful voice!! I'm hoping she can seriously consider taking a singing route like Ikuchan, although technically her possibilities are endless.
    Yay for Aya solo next week...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Xena55

Xena55 Kenkyuusei

Both Aruno and Nagi are absurdly talented. They definitely stand out from this show so far. Everyone does amazingly well though. Personal preference to Mao I love her performances she soothes me and has the best smile.

Nagi has been a surprise for me though. We already knew Aruno could sign but is there anything Nagi isn't perfect at? Future Nogi ace for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Nagi is also 5ki's Main Dancer along with Ogawa Aya

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Nagi's weakness? I would say variety skill and acting cute. Those are owned by Satsuki and Miku respectively.
    She hates "Nya nya Nyagi" for real, but poor girl... keep being teased by it :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Nagi better in my book

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Nagi is a talented, pretty and sweet young girl. Her voice is very good, with good volume and adaptability for many different styles of songs. No doubt that with the proper training she will do miracles.

HOWEVER, no matter if many fans still don't like her (and most possibly they will never like her), Aruno's voice is "already there": Also a very good voice with proper and "adjustable" volume, fit for many styles of songs. The difference is that Aruno's voice sounds (and actually is) already polished at almost professional levels. At Tanjou #5, after Aruno's first song, Nagi's reaction was speaking volumes about what she just listened at...

I really don't want to start a "fan war". For me (having already proclaimed my slight bias for Teresa) all 5th gen girls are amazing each at their field. It's just that there are points in which each member "excels" at (always in comparison among them). Nagi seems to be (so far) veery good at everything but time will tell as there is also Satsuki, a strong competitor: she is also good at everything and has exhibited a very fierce temperament while looking so "loose and cool" in front of the camera (I would say that among them, Satsuki is the one with the most "aggressiveness" towards the camera) and I find it extremely adorable!

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Nah, Nagi's vocal is almost at pro level too...and it's not because I'm biased. Comparing Nagi and Aruno is like comparing Ikuta and Kawamura Mahiro, both are good but have very different singing style.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. clafelallerizu

clafelallerizu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    both Aruno and Nagi honestly is good compared to other 5th gen.
    but they are still amateur-ish level lol.
    tho right now i feel Aruno has more stability and control than Nagi.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    Are we really gonna compare these idols' singing abilities to a pro? Some people in here are exaggerating lol
    Most AkiP idols have always been known to suck at singing and this ways back to Onyanko club. Idols like Ikuchan, Mahiro, and Saito Kyoko are a rare find. But of course, not everyone can showcase their singing abilities due to the senbatsu system. And in concerts, most members are bound to fail at singing after all those dancing, running, and shouting they do. Hell even Ikuchan gets out of tune most of the time.

But if we're going to go that route, then I'll tap a bit to my knowledge and experience in music.
    When rating musicians (singers are musicians, vocals is an instrument), these 3 factors come into play: control, tone/quality, technique

For Aruno, she simply showed control, tone, and technique when she sang Ozaki Yutaka's I love you and Utada Hikaru's First Love. Her control is consistent all throughout when she sang these songs and in Roppongi Shinjuu, she committed to using head voice. For the technique, she does not know how to do vibrato (she knows how to sway a bit), but she can do legato ("flowy" sounding), staccato (sounds with abrupt phrasing), and even tremolo (sudden lows and highs, and she's good at it).
    To be fair though, it's pretty obvious that she has sung I love you and First love many times already. Coupled with that info from her docu that she was already singing ever since she was a kid.

For Nagi, it's still too early to critic her singing but I'll start with her best performance which was Hitori by Gospellers. She was good in this honestly but looking at the structure of the song, she was given the easier parts to sing. In Koigokoro, her vibratos were forced, and her control was flaky. Maybe because she was tired or Aikawa Nanase was just dominant (but that wasn't the case with Aruno though). Nevertheless, she has a lot of potential. A year after, provided star tanjou would at least last a year, and her singing will be better.

Verdict, Aruno is average and Nagi is ???.

But why are we comparing Aruno and Nagi? It should be Aruno and Iroha. Iroha has been pretty consistent so far. She has already checked those 3 factors when she sang Saucy Dog's Itsuka during the omitatekai, even though she was nervous.

If we're going to look at the other gens with those factors in mind, for 3rd gen it would be Hazuki and Riria. I just can't listen to Kubo's forced vibratos. She's imitating Ikuchan too much. She's got a nice voice but gets destroyed by that forced vibratos. If you can't do vibrato, better not do it at all.

For 4th gen, this goes to Sayaka (plus Sayaka has displayed her relative pitch in some cases). Kaki's problem is the same with Kubo. I like her when she doesn't do vibrato at all.

Just a bit to add. We shouldn't really look at the singing skill of an AkiP idol. That's literally a gray area. It's better not to expect anything and comparing them to a pro is literally f*cked up (unless the idol is Saito Kyoko from Hinatazaka46). I can still remember the "boos" when Kazutoshi Sakurai (vocalist of Mr. Children) sang "Kikkake" in his concert. That made me realize how low the general public looks at idol music.

• Like x 6
    • Disagree x 3
    • Useful x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  12. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @Chubo Thank you sensei for explaining in technical terms what my gut feeling (and my ears - as a music lover and not a music professional) told me: The singing team of the 5th gen (Aruno, Nagi, Mao, Iroha - at least) are all about to learn the ropes. They are not bound to excel at singing (that's not their profession after all) but at becoming solid singing units for the Nogizaka of the future.

All show great potential. Some would fit for many genres of songs, others for a more narrow group (we haven't listen to Mao in anything other than ballads in which I find her mesmerisingly soothing). Considering that their voices are "good" and "trainable" (they have what it takes to close the gap to professional singing), then among them Aruno is the more accomplished (and TY for the info about what she said that she was singing ever since she was a kid: that shows!).

One thing is certain: I don't remember so many decent voices gathered in one generation only, within the Sakamichi group. Maybe the 33(?) girls of 1st gen had also some good singers, but the sample was triple the size compared with 5th gen. For me, Aruno, Nagi, Mao, Iroha (and Satsuki) is a pleasure to listen at, but for all girls except Aruno, each new song they try is a question-mark (will they do well?). For Aruno, I'm certain it will go smoothly. This is the difference I am stressing.

P.S. As for the trio of last Monday's Tanjou (Mao, Saku2 and Iroha) with the addition of my dearest Teresa, their voices are so cutely childish and anime-like that I would like to listen to them trying Seiyuu roles as well...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Wow, I guess I have to disagree a lot with the expert here. But I'm not technical so a lot of it is just based on preference and gut feeling when listening to them.

For me Riria and Iroha just sounds too shrill for my liking. I honestly can't finish listening to Iroha's omitatekai performance. Iroha sounds ok if she doesn't go too high. Sayaka just doesn't have volume in her voice. I don't listen to Hazuki a lot but from what I remember she sounds shaky. Riria has a good pitch but again can't stand her shrill voice.

Tone wise I really like Kubo's vocal tone. And about fake vibrato?? why not, I personally like it, it could be considered a singing style instead of a weakness.

As for Nagi, she is still very new, not music/singing oriented, but without any fanfare or publicity she has shown an immense potential in Star Tanjou. Being my 5ki oshimen from the start, I was actually pretty satisfied with her portfolio before Star Tanjou. But then I discovered a singing Nagi and she continues to impress week after week singing different kind of songs. That is really a raw talent, and if she is serious about singing, she can improve leaps and bounds like Ikuchan.

But putting it aside Nagi still has to prove it as I have not heard her actual live singing. Star Tanjou is still considered studio recording as they did multiple takes and edit the performance before airing it, I'm not sure how much of the vocals being edited.
    Personally I was baffled at how many of them failed their one-line Kikkake live at the concert while the 4ki/some3ki can sound decent at Star Tanjou.

At the end of the day singing is a subjective experience. What "good singing" is worth if you can't enjoy listening to their singing, and this applies not just to idol singers but pro singers as well.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I don't listen to these girls and expect that 'professional level' of singing. Honestly, I would only count Ikuta and Kawamura great. But there are a few of them that are still good.

I like Kubo. Do I think she's an exceptional singer? Nope. There are times when I feel she did good but could've been better. Perhaps lacking in technique but she can sing. That's enough for me. I watch past performances (non-Nogi songs) on music shows mainly because Kubo was part of it. Members like Kaki, Yuna, Runa, Nagi are at least a lot better than most Nogizaka members. We can't deny a lot of them are not good at singing. So to have a few good singers is a big plus to me.

Not that these girls are great singers and will be perfect in each performance. But here they're given the opportunity to sing. Some are good, some are not. It's hard enough for some members to be on that stage so I applaud them for trying. That's the reason I love Star Tanjo.

Well, we each have our preferred members. Who's the better singer is not that important to me. I always look forward to Mao, Aya and Nagi. But I enjoy the others as well. I'm already expecting/hoping for a 2nd season for this group. It's been great so far.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Someone just saying 'i dont listen to this girl but i will make an opinion about her singing skill'.

16. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    A very kind reminder to the subbing team of Nogizaka and the supporting team of the Nogiarea site:

I am sure that many international fans would be greatly appreciative if we could have subbed uploads of the New Star Tanjou episodes, some time in the near future. Having this, would give, at least to me great joy!

どぞよろしくお願いします。

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

You mean like the ones in the
    [Subbed] Nogizaka Shows Thread :confused:

Btw "Philosophy Senpai"..
    I'm just gonna ignore this and listen to another song performed by Saito Kyoko.
    <3

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @FlowingColors Thank you for pointing at the right direction for the subbed episodes.

P.S. Knowing Kyoko since her very first day at Hiragana Keyaki, I agree she's a fine singer... It's just that - for me - Aruno happened to over-throne her from the first place.

As simple as that...

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  19. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Not sure if you got what I meant or I'm just misunderstanding your post, so just in case - the first 6 episodes of "Shin Nogizaka Star Tanjo!" have been subbed and uploaded there.

20. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Yes I got it perfectly. Already watched some episodes. I had no idea they were uploaded subbed in that thread. I was expected to see them in Nogiarea.
    Thanks again.