1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Nogizaka star tanjo !

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Fab-Nogi46, May 4, 2021.

1. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I hope the new series is different from Star Tanjou and focus on more members' variety skill.

As for the Shin Nogizaka Star Tanjou, to me, the most memorable performance was from episode 2, when Mao sang "Ito". That was the performance that gave me goosebumps. The last time I got goosebumps was when Rotti sang "366 Nichi" on Koujichuu.

2. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    Iroha's 点描の唄 was amazing too.
    But another run? *sigh*

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, I'm happy that it continues, even though I also want a different variety.
    But I've been used to a weekly fix of Star Tanjou. I think they really want to hone the singing and performance skill of 5ki, of which I have no complain.
    I hope they give more solo chance to Hina, Nao, Sakura and Miku. And I hope it features more game-based variety too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Xena55

Xena55 Kenkyuusei

I would like something different as well but I don't understand why some people have so much hate against Star Tanjou specially in twitter lol I assume it must do fairly well for the timeslot and the Lives for both 4ki and 5ki were a success so its done its job or else it wouldn't have lasted. I greatly enjoy seeing the girls weekly even if I agree that I prefer a more variety route for them now.

5. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I guess it's just proven that idols are never really associated with singing. People prefer watching idols do cute or silly stuff rather than serious singing. Of course it goes without saying that their singing quality are still far below artist standard. Although I would say some of them did pretty well for idol standard.

6. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Just finished watching ep.40 and my reaction to their wonderful tears made me realize how important these 11 girls are to me... Who's peeling onions in the kitchen? Why am I, a grown-up male tearing up together with these angels, so bad?

A year has passed and I can't get enough of Shin Nogizaka Star Tanjou. This show, after all, helped these ambitious young girls become famous (at least more famous that they would have been if it has been only Nogichuu for them). Through singing one may say? Yes through singing mainly and less through "expected" idol-stuff. Personally I don't care if they are bad, mediocre, decent or great singers... Actually I enjoy this "oldish" repertoire of Japanese music so much through the voices of these 11. And you know what? For an international audience THIS is the best promotion of the Japanese music production of the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s.

So I enjoyed every one of these 40 episodes. And I enjoyed their live performances, no matter if they exposed the fact that most of these girls are, well, not singers. I am so happy that from April a new show is starting for them. The boost in their career and recognition will continue in a multilayered way (i.e. not through Nogizaka activities as a group and their variety show) and I so wish for Sakurazaka and Hinatazaka to create similar "layers" for their girls.

And at that moment I need to say a big THANK YOU to these 11 girls and all behind Shin Nogizaka Star Tanjou. This morning, for me, their close-up faces and their tears (of sadness and joy thereafter) was a pure, crystallized form of beauty in this world...

7. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

To be honest I don't mind singing shows but the problem with star tanjou after a while is it get very straightforward. They sing then similar reactions after every songs, new guests are the only spice to change the pace. Sure it's cute and some performance are interesting but the overall writing and direction of the shows became bland over time.

5ki overall have a good singing voice and I always think Star Tanjou are very helpful to them in terms learning singing skills,stage present and co working ability with other singers(especially the veteran singers) but with combined season episodes, a different shows or a change in the way they run the show are needed for their further development as they need more experience in other department to catch up with the group. Right now they are still very "textbook" but that's because they need more experience and I believe Star Tanjou already gave enough basics in the singing/performing department. That's why, its better to have either an upgrade to the show or make a new show.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    I miss the Nogibingo format. Felt like it gave the members more opportunity for variety experience. :)

Cheers!

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

I saw people said they want this show, they want that show or they want another format but no ones asking why they keep this format. Does this show reach more general public audience? Does this show got better rating than the previous show? Does this show bring more money to them?

10. unknownsensei

Nogi especially with Shinobu Mouri(the producer) already did this for years with Nippon TV and Hulu and he have big connection there especially as the chief producer. So as long as he want it the show will keep it timeslot but I doubt they have unlimited resources nowadays.
    From the last seasons of nogibingo I doubt they want to make another one, same with how lazy they did with doko e with that "mc you do the planning instead" and with skits too much work especially for the writers.

With Star Tanjou it definitely making them more money based on prev live concert and other related sales(dvds,merch etc). Workload are more straightforward, less burden on writers,staffs and the performer and still better profit even if rating not that high. If you watch behind the scenes for all the prev shows(nogibingo til star tanjou) you can see it still the same format but extremely much more less site props and simpler rehearsals with Star Tanjou.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    I've seen both the JP fans and intl fans commenting/complaining in twitter about the extension of the show. I don't really mind the JP fans as they have all the right to complain but the complaints of some intl fans rather irks me. I know some of these intl fans are just watching from a twitch stream and complains like they've been bumping the ratings of the group's variety shows from doko e to star tanjou.

Really, you can complain all you want but make sure first you're in the correct position to do so.

The comment before this post is most likely the reason and I agree with it. It's just business after all.
    My only wish is they bring smash back or create something like it that's a lot accessible to anyone.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I'm so much looking forward for the new season. Also skits... Needless to say, I find both comedians very good, with good chemistry betwen them and also very good chemistry with the girls themselves (something that I didn't get any similar vibes between 4ki-sei and their Star Tanjou MCs).

I'm sure the result will be awesome.

P.S. Also the new all-blue uniforms are sooo good!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Friendly reminder new season starts tonight!

• Like Like x 3
  15. unknownsensei

I already said it before here that Star Tanjou gets very straightforward after awhile and they have enough of the basics learned. I think the same with the previous gen skits too, it's good but after multiple seasons it became too much, they learned the basics of comedy skits,camera awareness and build their characters although there's not much with a spontaneous variety skills building which are more important in the long run.

Now though, I'm glad they decide to make it half-half instead of doing the whole skits. That way they can improve more with the basics on both sides and use that to slowly move away from the "textbook".

16. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    So, the first episode of new series was fun.
    Queen Sakura! From now on, we must call her Queen!!![hehe]
    I'm happy because I can listen to Mao<3 singing again!:inlove:
    Aruno<3 ad-lib!!! I thought that was scripted!:D
    Nagi<3 is perfect as usual!:inlove:
    This scene made me doki doki!:inlove:
    Screenshot_2023-04-26-10-53-05-99_f2cb81fb7cf38af7978f186f2a61634a-min.jpg
    I thought they were going to kiss!!!:omg:
    Next week!!! Can't wait for Aruno<3 and Satsuki performance! And, Mao<3 and Iroha guitar looks cool! I want one of them!!!:corr:

The only thing I don't like about this new series is I have to memorize the new opening song. Argh! My brain!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    They should just get rid of the boring skits part and let the girls play various games... I love seeing their reaction on their latest episode.

18. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Well, I get what you say @baymon but not all skits are boring... We get to see and enjoy interesting sides for each girl. I get that these skits are not as entertaining as those of 4th gen Nogi-skits, but I take them as simply a "splash" of acting (usually cute) as a break in their main specialty (and power) which is singing.

19. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Imo, the MC themselves are, to put it nicely, doesn't have the same energy that Saraba and Pekopa had during their time. I don't even like Saraba that much but seriously, they're a lot more entertaining than Ozward. Not funny at all, even a tiny bit. Ok, not my taste, that's all.

With the format they have now, I lost interest watching it to be honest. I do try to catch up but sometimes I just totally forgot it's the day of the broadcast. Don't even know or remember if Mao, Miku or Aya already performed (a song) or not. Wish they have done a different variety, even similar to Bingo or Doko e.

20. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Personally, it is much better with skits. Since I know 1% of the songs they sing, they are not exactly exciting to listen to. For example, when they broke into the star tanjo segment at the 5th Gen concert for the 11th Bday Live, it halted the momentum for me. I wish they sang more Nogi songs during that segment. But anyhow, it is easier for me to get into the skits than it is to the music.

• Agree Agree x 3