1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nogizaka46 Member of the Year 2017

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Generic_User, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    It's pretty late in the year, but I want to revive the member of the year thread. This time for 2017. I'll quote @Takoyama in one of the previous MOY threads:
    Since it feels like we're in the Nogi golden age, who do you think had the best year ever? There's a few obvious choices and some not so obvious. Go ahead and nominate a Nogi member and let's see who's year it was.

My Member of the Year
    Shinuchi Mai.

The OL kennin really caught on this year. She made every senbatsu and has contributed to the renown of Nogizaka by hosting ANN0 every Wednesday. She's gotten a fair amount of airtime on the Nogi shows and her photobook is one of my favorites for the year. She got to do go to Thailand for her photobook, but she also was picked as a promoter via the Amazing Thailand ad campaign, too. Everyone is not looking forward to Maiyan's graduation, but for me Maichun's will be just as sad. Total late bloomer deserving of her time in the spotlight. Also, she's really pretty.

Runner Up
    Kubo Shiori

I would've put her in front of Maichun, but she's got her whole idol career in front of her. I call Shiori the blessed because it seems that she's inheriting MaiMai's position. Every member has given her huge props and has fallen in love with her. Manatsu and Himetan have raved about her before with Himetan finding a soul mate in her. She also got the first modeling contract for a 3rd Gen, and that Sendai promotion job makes me want to go to her home town. She's going to be the future ace of the group in a few years.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    My pick: Mai Shiraishi hands down. Okay, the song 'Influencer' that won the (somewhat dubious in recent years?) Japan Record Awards - she was co-centered with Nanase Nishino, but based on what we saw last night, it's apparent Maiyan's the center of attention. But most importantly - her second photobook that released early in the year sold like hotcakes that it topped the Oricon charts for the year! However, Maiyan's on the graduation watch list considering how old she is and the rumors surrounding it over the year, so I'm not looking forward to it (which would be sad considering how high-profile she is, especially 2017!), but since she's on my watch list (along with Sayuri Matsumura), I should be prepared because it has to happen sometime soon, and Maiyan's is pretty imminent. But for now, let's savor the moment that she's the 'queen (or Empress) of Keyakizaka46 Nogizaka46' for 2017.

Off-topic: Keyakizaka46 member of the year is too dubious - Yurina Hirate is still center, but this year brought up questions about her health - or getting too tired...but Nogizaka46 is pretty clear.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  3. jyunshin

jyunshin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    you mean nogizaka46 bro [hehe]

4. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    1, Maiyan
    2. Ikuchan

<a big gulf>

3. 3rd Gen

<an even bigger gulf>

4. Everyone else

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

5. jyunshin

jyunshin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    wouldnt you say 2017 has been nishino's breakthrough year? she's been getting alot of love in 2017

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    1. Shirashi Mai, passport is big hit, its bring national fame and media attention. She has tons of gigs too CMs, Cecil MacBee. I think she is Ray's main model now. Ray's big thing after Karina.

2. Ikuta Erika. Musical gain momentum this year, after La La Land, Iku enter this platform on right timing. 2 major musical, numerous music program appearance, and Solo concert.

3. Shinuchi Mai. She is biggest Radio personality that Nogi have now. Had ANN0 SP corner on Girls Awards.

4. Ito Junna. Not really popular and not pushed either, but she manage to pave her own way as stage actress.

5. Akimoto Manatsu. She is grow as Nogi spokesperson and TV talent. No regular show, but she is everywhere.

6. Matsumura Sayuri. She is leading in seiyyu departement. Cast as lead role, and her latest perf with Hirano Aya an Sayanee was big hit too.

7. Kubo Shiori. She is hardworking and has determination. Earn her modelling contract through regular audition.

8. Ito Marika, she had more gigs last year. But I think solo exhibitions is big achievement.

9. Nishino Nanase. She has alot of things this year. Wota loves her and so does management. CMs, Asahinagu, center, but mostly tied with group. Looking forward for her drama, count as next year though.

10. Saito Asuka. Biggest thing that I remember is Snicker CM. He popularity is skyrocketing and become the 3rd. But her degree still below Naachan.

7. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    As with @tiktok above, its mainly tied with the group. If Video Girl Ai came out in 2017 and did well then I might've ranked it a bit different....

But I am actually going to tip Asuka for 2018 unless something terribly goes wrong :gavel:

8. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I may be biased to say it's Maiyan although it's hardly undeserved. From Passport to Cecil Mc Bee and Maquillage and tons of magazines, she's really everywhere.

Next is Ikuchan. Her musical are really booming. The solo concert is the peak of her rise this year. She is basically right at home with what she does best.

Miona is on the rise too as she managed to enter the top 4 front members of Nogi. Asuka too although I think her rise has started since last year.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  9. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Kotoko. I can relate a lot with her in terms of personality.

Next is Karin, as she is the kind of person I aspire to be.

Bless that these two girls are good friends.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    - Ikoma Rina
    For the first time ever her handshake tickets sold out after a longlife ever center-push.

She can ever survive from the hate speech of Nogi's fans who really want her to strip down her senbatsu spot. I thought she would graduate long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  11. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    For Breakthrough, I'd say it'll be no other than Maiyan.
    I think almost everyone in Japan now know who Shiraishi Mai is, not to mention her photobook sales.

As for the one who bring impact to the group, I cannot really say for sure. Maiyan might be popular, but I don't think people got drawn to Nogi just because they're drawn to Maiyan. Ikuta also kind of in a similar situation. People see them more as a personality rather than a part of a group.

OOT :
    Don't know whether this going to be the trend with Nogi or not... it's kinda different with AKB where IMO people notice "Maeda Atsuko of AKB" rather than Maeda Atsuko herself.
    Nogi management did well IMO, to push each members on their own. Of course there may be some who kind of left around, but in collective terms they did a good job that members got to be noticed as a personality, rather than using them as a group purely.

12. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Yeah I think this year Shiraishi Mai established herself as the most popular and succesful Nogizaka member and person outside Nogizaka group too.
    Nishino Nanase comes close but I think Mai is still more popular/appreciated... Nanase got more single centers by management, but despite that, I still think that THE face of Nogizaka is Maiyan, and in this year she cemented that status.

13. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

For me it was Misa Senpai in 2015 and Ashu in 2016.

Member of the Year 2017
    Shinuchi Mai

Maichun definitely had a banner year. I believe a lot of older fans gravitated toward Maichun since Nanamin's departure. Being the most senior member, management has certainly rewarded her with senbatsu, photobook, and more prominent roles in Kojichuu & Bingo. I love her onna shachou demeanor. I wish her continued success and cherish whatever remaining time left in the group.

Runner Up
    Shiraishi Mai

What can I say that hasn't been said about Maiyan. As some of you had mentioned, she definitely has become the face of Nogizaka (gomen Ikomachan). Maiyan is a SUPERSTAR! I wish she can stay another 2 years but I think this year will be her final. Her future is bright after Nogizaka.

• Like Like x 1