1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nogizaka46 Member of the Year (2022)

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Generic_User, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Greeting fans! As 2022 comes to its conclusion, what better time to throw out kudos and praises to our favorite idol group. It's time to put forth your choice of Nogizaka46 member that had a spectacular year.

We've done this every year and it's been a treat to see who we think has made an impact in Nogizaka throughout the year.

So go ahead and drop a member's name (or two or three or more!) that you feel should be recognizes for their work in 2022. You can also give your reasons as to why although it's not a requirement.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Grenjarl

Grenjarl Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakurai Reika
    I think I'll start off with an obvious one - Kanagawa Saya. She seems to be involved in pretty much every Hokkaido job under the sun and her Kitsune dance video went viral - so much so it was even included in their NogiChuu end of year song performances. She's been rising in popularity steadily over the years (Yancharu Yan-chan as the turning point) but this year she has just exploded and now has taken part in two senbatsus in a row.

Honestly, as a big 4th Gen fan I can say without a doubt she has been the most improved member since they started - her confidence is at sky high, she's a great dancer and I'd love to see where next year takes her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Member of the Year
    Nya! Nya! Nya-gi! Inoue Nagi.

Remember the run up to 5th Gen's introduction? Were you wondering what type of new members would appear? Then on February 1 when her introductory video dropped, what did you feel? I was surprised and astonished Nogizaka just pulling aces from the deck! Of course, it wasn't just that moment. From the 1st omitetakai where we get her to witness her amazing drawing abilities and her singing onto being center for the 1st 5th Gen song, Nagi was the breakout member of 5th Gen. If you think about the future of Nogizaka and you see Nagi-chan, you'll be pleased.

Runner Up
    Yumiki Nao.
    First of the shinyonki to make senbatsu although she's always been knocking on that door for quite a while. She's a riot. Chaos inducing. It's quite fun to watch her.

Honorable Mentions
    Wada Maaya and Higuchi Hina.
    Have to give a shout out to these two 1st Gen. They've outlasted many of their comrades and it is deserving in their final year to look back at their achievements. Chima was always Nogizaka's secret weapon -- her impetuousness suited her well whenever she was called upon. Maaya is maaya and will always shine whenever she's given a chance. To think that they were Unders. Quite high quality in Nogizaka.

Ikeda Teresa.
    The first of the 3 late 5th gens. At first she seemed unexciting, but once we got to know her. You can't take your eyes off her. She's already given some outside work. Hopefully, she keeps knocking it out the park. Terepan for the win!

4. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Call me bias because it's 1000% true but it is such a successful year, hard for me not to pick her (again)

Started the year as an MC on the TV Asahi show 'Shita kara nozo ite mita! then followed by becoming a regular on Mondays in the morning show of TBS "Love it" for 1 season replacing Higuchi Hina. She was later announced as the new MC for ANN taking Shinuchi Mai's place. She performed solo at NHK Eiga Ongaku wa subarashii ! IV singing two songs (a music program which also include senpai Ikuta Erika). A lead role for a stage drama 'Sakura fumi'. She was part of spin-off show of the TBS drama Ishikotohaneo (Shiosuke and Amami detective). A first movie and a starring role titled "Sayounara Konbanwa!" Although due for 2023 release, she was also announced as part of another movie 'The most miserable day in Detective Mariko's life'. To wrap it all up, got herself a role in the upcoming 2023 NHK Taiga drama "Dosuru Ieyasu" (working this time with another former Nogizaka member Matsui Rena)

Several other TV guesting. Magazines here and there. A couple of Nogi songs serving as center. Still promoting her hometown in Miyagi Sendai Tabi Shiori travel guide videos (yeah, I just need to add this, haha). Still promoting the younger generation of Nogizaka on LINE LIVE. Still promoting baseball. :hehe:

Singing, acting, on movie, stage play, MC for TV, radio. She got it all covered until 2023. A very fruitful year for Kubo Shiori.

Runner-up? Of course who else but Kaki Haruka. Another center position, a TV drama, a successful PB release. It can only get better for her in the coming new year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zypker124

Zypker124 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Rina
    I don't follow external activities as much as most people in the forum do (mostly stick to the main variety shows), so when looking back at the year to see who made the biggest impression on me, the answer was pretty clear:

5th Gen Ichinose Miku takes the crown for being the MVP of the year for me. It's pretty rare for new-gen members to stand out in the variety shows in their first year or so, and this makes sense: it may take the idols some time to feel comfortable and acclimated enough to vibe with the humor and pace of the show (EDIT: I also forgot about the "kouhai in a super-well-respected senpai environment", that definitely plays a huge factor). That's why it's all the more impressive that Ichinose Miku has really been able to stand out, even though 5th Gen hasn't had too many dedicated variety segments yet (and Miku herself hasn't really gotten too many individual opportunities to stand out either, making her memorability all the more impressive).

During the recent "member impressions" episodes, for example, I noticed she did the plurality of 5th gen impressions and was up there as one of the members that did the most impressions, which speaks well to multiple things, such as her confidence in variety, her knowledge of the members, and her impression abilities.

During one of the very first Nogizaka Star Tanjou 5th Gen episodes, they had a small talk-show segment where the 5th Gen members were polled on who was the funniest member. Even the hosts (who I would think aren't that acquainted with the 5th Gen members yet) recognized before the rankings were revealed that Miku was obviously going to win, and sure enough, Miku won in a complete landslide.

Even harkening back to 5th gen introductions, when she said she wanted to adopt Manatsu's and Mizuki's cute devil persona (it's pretty rare in these new-gen introductions for an idol to announce they want to inherit a strong personality like the 'cute devil' persona, so that makes it impressive to me), and I remember during 5th Gen Athletics when they were running laps and Miku decides to abruptly make a cute pose and wink at the camera right as they were at their final lap, which was so out of left field I had to commend her for her comedic timing.

I would even go ahead and make the bold claim that Miku has probably been the most proactive variety member of any Nogizaka member in their first appearances. For 4th Gen, I feel like it took Seira/Mayu time to acclimate to their shows (though Nao came in swinging, she's probably another contender for most proactive in early stages). 3rd Gen I felt like Hazuki stood out the most, but I don't think most of her early stand-outs were by design (ie. intentional). 2nd Gen never really got a fair chance to stand out in their beginnings, and I feel like 1st Gen took a decent amount of time in Nogizaka tte, Doko? before the likes of Ikoma Rina really started to swing for the fences.

Anyways, back to the main topic, I hope we get to see more 5th gen on Nogizaka Under Construction and hope that means we get to see Miku unleash even more of her comedic potential.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2