1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nogizaka46 Members S,W,O,T Analysis

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Asphyxia, May 10, 2019.

1. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

This thread is about SWOT (Strengths, Weakness, Opportunity and Threats) Analysis of Nogizaka46 members.

Share your thought and observation of your favorite member.

Format:

Member Name

Strength- what are the strong side of this member.(positive sides, uniqueness, ability)

Weakness- what are the weakness of this member.(can be something that should improve)

Opportunity- what can we look forward to this member to improve.(areas to develop)

Threats- what are the possible things that can make this member jeopardized their idol career.(things to avoid)

• Like Like x 2
  2. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Good idea. Let me share my assessment.
    ——————————
    Kubo Shiori

Strength

1. Singing ability. She's one of the best singers in the group now. If Ikuchan may have a successor in this area, I believe her name will come first. She still has room for improvement, and her young age is an advantage.
    2. Acting ability. Being the principal queen of her generation is a proof. She gets the first stage play job for third gen (excluding Principal and Migoroshi Hime) with Three Sisters, and she shines during Zambi stage. Not to mention she won the Mousou Queen segment in Nogibingo 8, if that can be referred as an achievement.
    3. MC ability. First showcased during Nogizaka 46HoursTV (the first time third gen participates, forgot the exact date but I believe it's March 2018) when she was in a mini talk. I believe she was together with Rentan and Ayatii. For more recent footage of this ability you can check out her LINE LIVE broadcast archives with 4th gens, it shows her being able to control segments and pace of her program and bring out the best of her guests.
    4. Dancing ability. This is easily overlooked, and I even contemplate that this may be an unpopular opinion. But she dances well. If we speak about detail of movement then I admit she's not as detailed as for an example Ashu, or maybe Tamami from the same gen, but she compensates with power which in turn translates to sharpness. Maybe her past experience as a cheerleader for Rakuten Golden Eagles plays a part in this, as she's already familiar with dance and choreography before joining the group.
    Weakness
    1. Negativity. This is becoming less apparent nowadays but she was at one point completely hated her own self. She's constantly feeling inadequate, condemning what she's doing/done is not good enough, and being hard on herself. When she was younger she was reclusive to the point of making her mother worried and sent her to cheerleading practice in the first place so she can socialize. If I may quote her words regarding it: 'wanting to be just like air', meaning to be treated like she's non-existent. Fans (and antis alike) call her menhera, a slang taken from borrowed English word mental health, indicating she's someone who suffers from mental disorder. Or simply 'mentally' cute (the usage of the word is highly contextual).
    2. Gullible. Coupled with negativity, she is faint-hearted. She will accept and believe bad words directed to her. As if it's not enough for her to hate herself, if people say bad words or insult to her it will just confirm her insecurity. The rest is just a downward spiral.
    3. Modesty. While the trait itself is not bad in general, it's amplified for her to the point of letting herself hidden. For example if you see her in a variety program with seniors she will be more quiet than usual, only speaking or giving remark if she's allowed/appointed to do so. Never do I see her actively commenting on something when there is any presence of big seniors, she has to be asked first. In a way it can be seen as if she's passive, when she's not. It's a whole different world if it's clear that her duty is to speak or she has to take the lead. Refer to her strength above, MC ability.
    4. Weight fluctuation. The only physical weakness I can think of. I don't know the reason; could be stress, unhealthy diet, lack of rest, or anything else, but it is still a factor that drags her down. It is believed that this one is also related to her hiatus last year (in one occasion she said that she had a problem with her digestive organs). And she lost fans because of this. Now she's more stable, but she doesn't look the same as she was when third gen joined. Although personally, it's better this way.
    Opportunity
    1. More acting gigs. Be it drama or stage play, although I personally prefer the former. After acknowledgment in Zambi stage I am surprised she still has not received another job in this field. Maybe now that she's in senbatsu we can start to expect things to come for her.
    2. More unit songs/solo song. It's only a matter of time for us to have the latter. In the meantime she can improve her singing even more.
    3. More outside job. Modeling, CM, another contract. She's currently appointed as a Miyagi tourism ambassador by JR East. I don't know if her contract with Kasho Sanzen is still active this year, but they didn't terminate her during her hiatus last year, or when she's moved to Under. LINE LIVE personally invited her to come to their office to do a broadcast, only to announce that they granted her a crown program. 7-Eleven Taiwan uses her alongside Ashu and Miona for their CM. All of these happened regardless her status as a non-senbatsu member at that time. Now that she's up and running once more, I hope more opportunities in this area will open up.
    4. More confidence/confidence inducing activities. With decreasing negativity comes an increasing positivity and productivity that leads to her enjoying herself more. The more experience she gains in various field the more she has the opportunity to realize that she needs to be positive. This aligns with her newfound resolve, she said that she enjoys being in 23rd senbatsu, unlike when she was in 20th. A recent example, she had learned piano since kindergarten for six years but stopped, and she is resuming her lessons this spring after buying a new piano (source: Nogi no No radio, 5th May 2019)
    5. Center position. Someday.
    Threats
    1. Another hiatus. No matter the reason a hiatus is detrimental to almost everything involved in an idol life, for an exchange of having a break. A part of fanbase will be gone, job opportunities that normally come will be lost, and decreasing media coverage. Bouncing back up requires an enormous effort from both the member involved and management alike, with a sprinkle of luck. Doing it twice is out of question.
    2. Antis who attend handshake event only to say harsh words or berate the member. Not exclusive to Kubochan, and it's unavoidable to have people like this. It is part of the job risk, but still classifies as threat. Even more if the case is extreme like what happened to Kawaei Rina, Iriyama Anna, or Hirate Yurina. I've seen reports saying Momoko, Kubochan, Mizuki, and Yodachan cried during handshake because fans said something to them respectively, in different occasions. Usually happens at NHS.

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Higuchi Hina

Strength
    I'd say her most strong point is her honesty. She is one of the most true and purest members in the group. When I first saw her, I immediately fell for her genuine smile. It was radiant, full of joy, and most importantly, it wasn't faked or acted. She is not a member that puts up a specific character, and while there is nothing wrong with members that do so (I love them for different reasons as well), I don't think it'll work for Chima. She is also very all round. There isn't really something she is known to stand out for, but whenever it's singing, dancing, acting, modeling... she can do it all. I think acting might be her strongest point, since she has a lot of experience in that field already and she is landing stage play after stage play. She is good at HS, I hear a lot of praise about it anyway. Might be because she actually enjoys interacting with fans. And let's not forget her looks, because she is wonderfully beautiful.

Weakness
    I believe her greatest weakness is her insecurity, and I wouldn't be surprised if that has influenced her momentum at certain moments. It's no secret she yearns for a Senbatsu spot time after time, but when she does (or fills in for another member) and needs to perform on a tv show or something like that, she becomes sickly nervous. That's what she said in an interview once. Also, as said above, she is all round, which is a weakness as much as a strength. A jack of all trades is a master of none.

Opportunity
    Well, she is very beautiful but still young. There are still many opportunities to expand on her modeling jobs. More fashion shows, but also more magazine appearances, whether it be fashion or gravure. And give her a PB already! Her acting career is still gaining momentum, and I think there will be many more opportunities for her to shine and grow. There is room for improvement at variety as well. She does a decent job already. Her moments on Nogichuu are interesting and most of the time funny as well, and she can make very witty comments at Nogieigo. But she needs to let go of her shyness every now and then to grow in that department.

Threats
    3rd and 4th gen. Not something she can't avoid really, but I fear the popular members of these gens will prevent her to really become a Senbatsu regular. Actually, I am afraid that she won't be in Senbatsu ever again, because it is likely 4th gen members will enter Senbatsu on the 24th single. Only a mass exodus of 1st and 2nd gen might give her a spot, but that's not something I am hoping for.

• Like Like x 4