1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nogizaka46 to recruit 3rd Generation this Summer

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by namine, Feb 22, 2016.

1. namine

namine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
  2. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    but still most of the members on the senbatsu are from the first generation
    they should push the second generation more

3. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I am very very unhappy with this decision.... They already don't gove a f*ck about 2nd gen. Why add another when you can't even support what you already have??

Oh yea, that's right. More members = more handshakes. so they can reach 1m.

Once again the slide towards being more and more like AKB...

4. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The current rate is untenable. They're better off recruiting two or three members a year than the current situation

The youngest member is 16. The average age is probably around 20 with the average senbatsu age at around 22.

No idol group can last without recruitment.

Yes, they need to work on promoting the newer generations but they can't do that if Nogizaka fizzles out by 2018.

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Gimme a break, Nogi have pretty much copied AKB from the start, the main discernable differences being No Theater, More Modest Seifuku and No Bikini Gravure (except in the members own photobook (apparently)).

I will agree that it must be tough to be a Nogi second gen, the management seem to give them little enough to do, at least non-senbatsu AKB girls have regular theater appearances to boost their appeal.

Regarding the timing of this announcement, Nogi currently have 37 members with 2 announced graduation. It may be that more girls have requested to management that they want to graduate but they just haven't been announced yet. It may be that Nogi actually requires more members than we think they do (although what they do with them when they get them is another story lol)

6. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    What's the point of adding in more members when second gen have little to no work?

7. NogiFan

NogiFan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I hope they have a good reason to do so than being greedy and balloon the beloved group to akb48's size. It will be interesting...

Attached Files:

8. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    great

now we will get like, what?, 10 more girls?, with 1 being in senbatsu and the rest rotting in god knows where??

rip my dreams of Kotoko ever getting somethiing. Rip the rest of 2nd gen

9. kazu55

kazu55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wakatsukiyumi
    Twitter:
    MacRedmoon
    I think it's natural. Be positive, just because they're adding in 3rd doesn't mean 2nd gen would be forever being shadow under sunlight.

Also it's also almost 4 years since 2nd gen, who can guarantee 3rd gen won't spend time as much as them? When 3rd gen came to the point to what happens to 2nd gen now, 2nd gen must be on the place where 1st gen are now.

Furthermore, I think management will always hold to give 2nd gen more push when they have no backup member.

10. norigiri

norigiri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    It's a normal procedere! Most of the 1st gen are near graduation and they need new fresh faces!
    Kazu55 said it. It's almost 4 years since 2nd gen start and it will take almost 1 year for 3gen before they are promoted
    Terada, Miria, Ito Junna, Ayame, Yamazaki Rena, Kotoko spend almost 2 years as Kenkyuusei before their promotion!

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Three years, actually. They came in May 2013.
    But still, it's ridiculous the way they've been treated.
    The most interesting thing many of them have done is being part of Kojizaka46. :^^;:

I hope they just get like 4 or 5 girls. More would be a slap in the face of the whole 2nd gen.

12. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I agree the 2nd gen deserve more but they can't wait until each 2nd gen has been in senbatsu twice before they recruit again.

I also think there's a lot of negative over-exaggeration about how little the 2nd gen does. Nogichu has been rotating members since it started last year, every single has an undergirls song with every undergirl (minus kenkyusei), with the last one having a UG unit and many UG songs making it to music programs. UG had their 2 solo concerts at Budokan, plus previous Under Live seasons, and the upcoming national tour. They had Nogiten, plenty of spots on Nogibingo and their rounds on radio shows.

Would I like to see more? Definitely. Bring back the larger musicals instead of ~10 members. Bring back Nogiten or something similar. But the group is due for a third generation of members. It's hardly copying AKB when they had three generations after one year.

13. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

Exactly, in May it will be 3 years since the 2nd gen joined and the majority of 1st gen members are now aged 20+. It's time.

For sure management has failed the 2nd gen on the whole, but I think we just have to accept that now unfortunately. In my opinion, the biggest failing of the 2nd gen was making them kenkyuusei. It just gave management license to completely ignore them and some members have had barely had any opportunity to appear on T.V. or in singles until the last year.

Other failures include the desire to stick to 16 member senbatsu instead of increasing to 17 or 18, introducing/reintroducing Saito Asuka, Ito Marika and Inoue Sayuri into the staple senbatsu, and the Matsui Rena kennin.

For the 3rd gen I just hope management learns from their mistake and doesn't make them kenkyuusei like the 2nd gen were, and that they stick to a relatively small generation.

14. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I'm sad because 2nd gen was almost completely wasted potential. I hope Miria can get somewhere because she's my favorite. And I hope they figure out how to change up stuff so that senbatsu isn't made up entirely of 1st gen members. I understand that for Nogi it's important to fire up the fans so that they push their favorites into senbatsu via HS, but the truth is that if there's little promotion of the 2nd gens there are few fans who are going to care about them. They need to sort this out before 3rd gen honestly, even if that means kicking Ito, Inoue and Ikoma out of senbatsu (because they're going to have to include Himetan in the next single or the fandom will implode). Having an untouchable 10 fukujin is a disadvantage for new members who seek a chance to promote themselves.

And yes, while 2nd gens get stuff to do it isn't comparable to the scale of chances the senbatsu members get. There's the age old question of whether it's better to be a prominent UG or a senbatsu member in the last row, but the girls have answered time and again that senbatsu gives them opportunities they don't get anywhere else.

15. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    You're absolutely right. But I think the issue of the unmovable senbatsu is different than the issue of the 3rd gen. Though I understand why a lot of fans are unreceptive to the idea of a third gen until the senbatsu issue is resolved.

16. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    agreed... 5 girls to replace the lost of fukagawa mai,nagashima seira, and the potential of loosing three '92 born members

17. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

^ But there are 5 girls who could replace them, and they're stuck in the 2nd gen black hole.

UG songs and lives don't really mean that much at all. Everyone's main goal is to get into the A-side senbatsu, we've seen time and time again when a member doesn't get picked for that a-side how disappointed they are (especially himetan a couple weeks ago). Even every time there is an SSK the 17th member is in tears, because they didn't get 16th. So really not sure why a 3rd gen is needed now. Late 2017 or 2018 would be a good time to do it, not now.

18. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    In 2018 not a single member would be in high school. Remember, this is an idol group.

19. shiraishi

shiraishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    I personally don't think Nogi should have that much members like 48, cuz there isnt really a lot to do with that much girls since no teather and team stuff, but... Idk how to feel about that.

20. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @kanjo you forget how well received gens 1-3 were. 2nd gen had Oshima Mai, Yuko, Sae, Erepyon and Tomo~mi. 3rd had Yukirin, Mayuyu and Nakagon. Within a year, every generation had at least 3 or more girls in prominent senbatsu positions.

Yes, 48G had a ton of members - but generational issues weren't a problem for them, at least for the first 2+ gens. Nogizaka is unfortunately much more stale when it comes to shake ups like that.