1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Oba Mina (Minarun) / AKB48 9th Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Re: Oba Mina / Team 4

It's sad that Oba resigned her captaincy and "self-suspension" for the rest of this year!
    But it had to happen to "save face" :hmm:

Damn wota(s) who dug this dirt for the scandal! Satisfied now [flip]
    Just because you can't get any doesn't mean you have the right to dig up someone's past like that :angry:
    You'd really think any of the girls would go out with you esp. now?! Guess again!

At least Oba didn't resign or "forced" to graduate but she's done with all AKB activities in 2011!

Let's hope management finds a replacement captain (**ahem**HARUU**ahem**) soon instead of another Sayaka fiasco happening again.

2. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana

At least she's not fired. Frankly, I think she got off easy with a ~5 month suspension and losing captain position. Ayarin got fired for less.

3. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Why are some people saying that she got off "lightly"?

1. The photos occured BEFORE she joined AKB.
    - This is irrelevant to AKB!

2. Comments she made about management re: shuffles...
    - OK... she should have made it private instead of public.
    - Come on people!
    - DON'T tell us that you NEVER complained about work/life especially amongst family/friends!
    - Don't be a hypocrite!!

The minimum she could have done was resign from her captaincy but why the self-suspension?
    Probably because management was cracking down on the girls for not behaving "wisely"!

Issue #2 is probably why she had to impose the "self-suspension" on herself to make up to management for what she said! Or else, she "may" have been given reason to leave the group (i.e. graduate or be fired vs. self-suspension). This is a classic example of "saving face"!

Better to suspend oneself and still be in AKB than to leave AKB! How sad!

4. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop

As expected - she's ousted. But this is quite UGLY...

5. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi

Am I the only one who isn't upset about this? If it's true that she participated in paid dating and that sort of stuff, I'd rather have her not in AKB48. There is a difference between having an boyfriend in the past before you were in the idol business, but underage drinking? There is a line and this kind of crosses it.

[/unpopular opinion]

6. caramujo

caramujo Kenkyuusei

Well, I just imagined people bashing the girls at concerts etc, clearly it would be harsh. And, I think that it was a decision of the management, and Oba complied with it.

Drinking + seifuku ga jama suru + complaints at Aki-P + Nito pulled together, that's a quite of a package, no :awesome: ? Well, rumors are rumors, it's up to you to believe or not (I particularly don't care), I don't need to mention that other girls were expelled by far less than that.

Although, afterall, at least one (or various) thing(s) she had to had in order to be seen as someone who was able to be a captain, no? It should be a waste to discard her just by "some evidences", like you said (since she was the most popular of Team 4). In fact, her image is already a bit shattered, but 4 months will pass, and that's a lot of time, if you know what I mean.

7. MoeKare

MoeKare Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    moekare_100

no Minarun... :cry:
    she should not resign, coz that blog entry was before she joined AKB, right??

but yeah.. I wish for the best for her.

8. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana

The boyfriend was before AKB, so, probably irrelevant. The drinking was illegal, which is relevant no matter when it occurred. The talking bad about aki-p isn't the worst thing, but when you add that and the references to enjo kousai to everything else.... An idol's image is VERY important, and what she did has tarnished her image. If this had happened after joining AKB, she would definitely be fired, so yeah, I think she got off easy.

9. SAMUworld

SAMUworld Kenkyuusei

What was actually said about Enjo Kousai? I'm getting mixed messages and would like clarification.

10. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Yes, that's a package but remember... we don't know all the facts, just rumors as you said. Also, those photos don't really tell the full story!

Anything before AKB, I personally don't care! The girls have a personal life before AKB so let it be!

Anything during AKB, OK... management can crack down on the girls for "behavior unbecoming an AKB idol" since it has the right to do so. Whatever the girls do during their time in AKB, then they should take responsibility for their actions IF it affects AKB!

According to the news release, Oba did this on her own accord. But you have to suspect that management must have really leaned on her to "take responsibility" for her actions esp. since it affected not only her reputation but also AKB's reputation as well.

Too bad we'll never know until Oba or management releases the truth about this matter, maybe sometime in the future?! Who knows! All we know is that Oba resigned her captaincy and her self-imposed exile from all AKB activities for the remaining 4 months in 2011 :yikes:

Hopefully Oba will persevere, get stronger and WISER from this experience and make a good comeback!
    Team 4 will just get along without her (hopefully with Haruu as captain [sealed] )

To the wotas that did this.. they should all get a life and go to [flip]

11. PoisonDouxx

PoisonDouxx Kenkyuusei

I'm sorry but this is gonna be an unpopular opinion too [sealed]
    People say that rumours shouldn't be taken into account.
    But they forget that AKB is going mainstream , ie attracting more and more casual fans that wouldn't really do an in depth study on what really happens
    Many of the time, rumours already cause people
    to have a preconceived opinion/a bad first impression, which is really really lasting.

In reality, most people don't just think along the lines of "oh, maybe I should do xxx. i shouldn't make a hasty decision. Could I be wrong?"

But no, this usually just happens in drama, not in real life, and it wouldn't happen for a casual fan.
    A casual fan would already have perceived Mina as a delinquent, indecent person, and ungrateful prson, and just avoid her already. Why would they even care that it's rumours, when there is plenty of girls in XXXX48 family with an untainted past that they can oshi over?

And definitely many of these incidents together would affect AKB. What would they perceive AKB as ?
    A bunch of delinquents (despite the happy songs they song), and omg, I wouldn't want my children to get near them?

You could choose to delude yourself, but many of the time, impressions make up a great percentage of one's opinions and feelings. And for an idol group, that's more important than ever.

Especially for AKB, where there is tons and tons of girls to replace you. Under such circumstances, shouldn't you be more careful, or perhaps you simply do not treasure this opportunity enough to want to do enough to maintain that ______ image that you are broadcasting as an idol?

Personally, I think that it is more unforgivable, especially since that Shimada Rena scandal should have taught idols to be more wary of past blog entries. So why is this even happening again, and since she is a captain, it becomes even more unforgivable.

This are some additional points to the common point that idols have been fired over more trivial affairs.
    This is just my take.
    (if you choose to hate me, remember it's you who choose to press show. [sealed] )

12. AlbeeThePanda

AlbeeThePanda Kenkyuusei

^ I hate to agree with you but sometimes truth does hurt. I don't think Oba Mina did anything that deserves this kind of punishment, what she did was before she joined AKB and those behaviors were normal for a high school girl like her. However, rumors and images do have great influence over people's perception and impression of a person as people always say "first impression matters". Maybe as AKB48 fan and a Mina supporter that I don't think these are big issues, but to the general public, scandals still have great influence of how people perceive this idol because they don't know Oba Mina. For some people, maybe the scandalous image of Oba Mina is their first impression of her and might be all they remember of her, as sad as that it :(

I will admit that Oba Mina should be more careful about her personal blog and her privacy, and this time she did suffer consequence for not being careful enough. However, I still don't think Oba Mina should suffer this degree of punishment all because somebody on the internet wants to fulfill their little twisted fantasy :angry: The sad thing is, management's decision only reinforce those people action even further, after all, they are the ones that's willing to pay more dough........ :(

I really really hope that Minarun can recover from all these negative events I would like to see her active again~

13. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan

OK .... I know this would happen ....
    Hopefully she will be back to the team soon ... :cry:

14. caramujo

caramujo Kenkyuusei

The most difficult part will be when she comeback in the beginning of next year, when all the media (and some fans/wotas/people) will lash out at her with this topic again. But hopefully she will persevere and will be returning, to make Team 4 stronger because she's better than all the actual RS, excluding Kawaei, Juri, Wakanyan and Karen :awesome:

15. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

This. When I first got into AKB48 and was confused by all the girls, I slowly set out to learn who they were. For the longest time, I remembered Ayarin as the girl who got fired for having a boyfriend. I wasn't even around when this happened, but it was something that set her apart from the other girls. Even in MG2, her nickname of Comeback is still a strong reference to the trials she's had to endure to be accepted again ("I've been to hell and back, I'm Comeback!" or something like that). I no longer see her that way, but to the casual fan, it may be the only thing they notice. Oba will have to work hard like Ayarin to prove her detractors wrong.

16. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Who cares what she did! I mean really.

She was fun to watch( and had a nice body)

bring her back!!!!

17. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Just saw her in the 1/48 Guam making DVD. Weird how they didn't cut her out of the DVD. She was definitely one of the more interesting new member.

18. bear107

bear107 Kenkyuusei

^ Oba was only suspended. It would make more sense if Anna was cut out.

19. purekyunkyun

purekyunkyun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Twitter:
    purekyunkyun

^ Well, Minarun was the only member to not get her own individual 2012 calendar, so I thought there might have been a chance she wouldn't be in the Guam Team 4 Making of video. Happy to see that was in there and looking absolutely beautiful.

20. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

^ The lead time is too great, by the time the suspension was announced, the DVDs were likely already pressed and packaged. When they found an issue with Ayu's CDL concert this year, it delayed the release by over a month in order to make new ones.

Even the first game had Erena. Who had graduated months before the release.