1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Oda Nana (Oda) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Some fans suspected that this filming was done before Fukuoka Tour because some members sent their pictures via mobame with same/similar hairstyle comparing to this Keyakake eps. I dont really follow other members so I cant say its believable or not. But, I dont think S&F can kick out any members because of dating scandal, they can (serectly) penalize her but kicking out isnt a thing they will do based on what happened when a Nogi/Hinata involved in a dating scandal (Shida also involved in a dating scandal but she denied and the pictures also didnt clearly show their relationship so i dont count it in). I think the graduation decision's still placed in Odanana. Girl might be rest now and feel bad for effecting group. I think other girls might not blame her at all but its herself who is filled with remorse.

I might be think so positively but I hope she doesnt graduate, at least waiting until perform in Tokyo Dome with Keyaki next year to fullfill her wish.

• Like Like x 2
  2. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    That was a bummer. Tokyo Dome is the pinnacle for any Japanese performer or group, and Dani missed out on it because of this scandal. Hoping she gets to do it next year.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Rev4

Rev4 Member

First quiz king segment was recorded around mid June and broadcasted on June 30 and July 8 as two episodes.

Narrator said it was for 4 months ago when quiz king got defeated which indicates the second quiz king segment was recorded in Oct which was post Oda scandal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

I doubt about the credit of narrator because when they edit any shows, they need to arrange the script to be suitable with the broadcast day and 3rd Nov is 4 months after 8th July.

And this is the picture Naako uploaded on her blog on 4th Sep, Mii&Nijika, Fuu also upload the same visual picture comparing to Keyakake last week at the same time 9d9635b0.jpg

5. DaMoonRulz

DaMoonRulz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitofuyuka
    If Oda decides to leave I'd understand, but it's the long period of not knowing anything that's killing me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I've expressed many times before in these forums how I respect and love the Japanese people and culture. However, this Oda case reveals, to me at least, the "dark face of Japan"...

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  7. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Wow... It seems I touched some kind of wound here that created a certain level of pain.

I am really sorry if my commend sounded like scolding Japan, this was certainly not my intention. I will also insist on the above comment as something that expresses myself and myself only. It is my personal opinion and I would never attempt to impose it to anyone else.

What is happening between Oda and management is clearly some kind of fulfillment of their agreement / contract, the one that idols have signed when they entered the group. As that, I will NOT criticize it or cast any doubt about it, as I know that, from the moment it is signed, it binds both parties and this is irrevocable. If Oda broke any part of the agreement she should face the consequences according to the agreement, nothing more, nothing else. It is a matter that concerns these two parties ONLY.

Now, why DEEP IN MY MIND, there is a hint of power harassment here is something I leave entirely to myself (but I have the courage to whisper that to all of you)... However, I would like to pose two, just two simple questions to all keyakizaka fans out there, and especially Oda's fans:

Q1. Do you think or not, that management has treated us fans, as consumers/buyers of the Keyakizaka concept, in a fair manner by leaving us completely in the darkness regarding what is happening or what will happen to Oda?
    Q2. Do you think or not, that management has treated Oda in a respectful way (above and beyond any agreement and/or possible punishment for violating their mutual agreement, as I stated above), so that not to leave any moral / ethical strain in her and the other members?

Any kind of criticism, debate or even (kind) bashing from you fellow forum dwellers is welcome... Thank you in advance!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

The truth is that management doesn't give a damn if Oda dates.
    A lot of people frame these types of situations as if its management themselves who have some kind of power fantasy and want to control the girl's lives. But the truth is they don't care at all. All they really care about is the long-term (and short-term) success of the group. The reason why idol's get punished for dating has nothing to do with rules or morals or ethics, its all about money.
    Japanese fans, and the public, will turn against an idol group if they feel the group is acting in a way unbecoming of an idol in their private life. And this will cause the group as a whole to lose money. This doesn't just happen to idols, this happens to actors, singers, artists, voice actors, government officials, tarentos, sumo wrestlers (especially sumo wrestlers). This is just how Japanese society operates. If you're on the public stage, you have to act in a way befitting your station, otherwise the public (and often your peers) will turn on you.

So management punishes Oda, and she may graduate, buts its not because of power harrassment, its because Oda may become a liability to their bottom line.

You'll notice that usually the less popular members receive the harshest punishment and more popular members often get away with it.

An example would be Matsumura from Nogi who slept with a married man. And it damaged Nogi's rep slightly and prevented them from going to Kohaku. But she never really got punished except for having to cry and apologize. Why? Because she was (and still is) one of Nogi's most popular members and she brings in fat stacks of cash for the group. So her status as an asset to the group significantly outweighs any damaged cause by her scandal.

Oda, on the other hand, is not what you would call an "earner". She's not popular among the general public, she has basically no outside work, and her handshake sales are low. So the damage her scandal may cause to the group's image outweighs her status as an asset to the group. So management is incentivized to get rid of her. Often times management may want to get rid of a low earning member regardless of any scandal and they just use the scandal as a convenient excuse.

The only thing that may save her is the fact that she's well loved by members and firing her would hurt morale.

In the west we're not used to this because "all publicity is good publicity" and celebrities will often create their own scandals in order to draw attention to themselves (like leaking their own sex tape for example) but its just not that way in Japan.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @gish0046 Thank you for the enlightening reply. What you say did cross my mind but I was not willing to accept it... Unfortunately is the truth! So actually graduation is a way out of this dead-end. And as the old proverb goes, "once the glass is cracked..."

10. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    morale is utmost important for a group such as this given how sensitive some members are. if k-management think oda is dispensable then they're making a grave mistake which may cause them to lose sum of their so called precious aces

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Me too. I just want to know what's going on. Iguchi already apologized in Hinata and is resuming activities, why can't Oda and Keyaki do the same? I smell a stalemate. Unless of course, the last two eps have been taped very recently and she is, indeed, back.

12. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Just curious, who are these precious aces?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I was gonna ask the same
    @amimaru Ace is not the right term if you mean Risa, Monta, Fuu, Pe and Naako. They are different and important and surely unique in Keyaki but no aces... at least not in the way that word is used in 48-Sakamichi.

I think we should believe more in them though. They walked this far and they went through the change and accepted 2ki and are giving their best for the group. Thinking they would give up because Oda may pay for a choice she made feels like ungratefulness.

14. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    @Dill pls dont mind me using the term "aces" :^^;: but you're right on which members i'm referring to

• Like Like x 1
  15. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Well I think we can all agree that the baby otter is the ace :p but Berisa is an ace in my eyes (oshi bias)

That is the thing though, even if we think the love ban is an archaic rule, it is still a rule that Dani broke knowingly. That's why its quite confusing to me. Why do something to jeopardize your idol career?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. djahat

djahat Kenkyuusei

female j-idol career not that long 4-5 years at peak in the group different with male j-idol which have longevity career V6.Arashi et cetera (the oldest was V6 member at 48)

that why don't understand that how they easily idol fall trap to human temptation that can cut short their dream career.
    just hold your needs to be in love or other thing else that they want to do for a few years before graduate.

Fans just demand an explanation either from keyaki management or Oda itself....which until now nothing happen.
    keyaki announce out from Dome a day before Concert (imagine oda fans who are already buy the ticket)
    Not participate on Laguna show because are schedule which are BS for me

Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Rev4

Rev4 Member

It's not only Oda the mngmt has been making weird actions around their decisions this year. Announce a senbatsu formation before 9th single is announced and have a title. From July to Nov it was 4 months ago they announced a senbatsu system for the members only and made it public in keyakake in Sep.

We normally don't see members wear a new uniform before the single has been announced.

Keyaki mngmt needs to step up. They have gone downhill since last year with Shida's scandal. I want them to have guts to tell us about Oda's situation and start to work faster with CD single details.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I was always saying and I was always being misunderstood: "Something is rotten in the kingdom of Denmark"...

19. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Enough is enough!!! I think we deserve to know what is happening / will happen to Oda. This hypocrisy is too much... The girl that was enthroned for 2 whole Keyakitte Kakenai episodes 125 and 126 during the "Oda Nana investigation show", the beloved sister of the group, the girl that was so well-spoken by Tsuchi and Sawabe, the "good girl" the "best friend for any girl" is no more? Why? Was she the first one to break that idol rule? Was her "crime" more severe? Are her fans that much infuriated about her?

If she wants to leave, then so be it. It is her decision and we will respect it and wish her all the best... but LET US KNOW. If, on the other hand, management wants her away then SHAME ON THEM. Shame for treating her in that way!

20. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    I find it weird how she came back for that one Keyakitte episode a few weeks back and then just disappears again.